Why do people hate Liberals?

The one thing about this board that most baffles me is the incredible depth of hatred and contempt for liberals.

The amount of comments from people suggesting all liberals are stupid, anti-patriotic, dumb...you name it. One even suggested liberals don't know what paragraphs are.

I don't get it. And I don't see anything the like the contempt expressed by liberals towards conservatives.

Firstly, the term "liberal" could be used to describe about half of the planet. Like "leftist", it's a fairly cliched catch-all adjective that have little real meaning. It's just too general to be much use.

Secondly, I've met extremely intelligent people from right across the political spectrum - and as many idiots. I've talked to brilliant facists, idiotic conservatives, intelligent communists and brain-dead centrists. I don't see a pattern there at all.

And lastly, why hate liberals when many of the most successful and celebrated administrations have been liberal ones? Were the governments if Clinton, Wilson, FDR, JFK and Truman really so much worse than conservative governments of similar eras?

The constant attacks on liberals seems to me (as an outsider) just a sign of incredible arrogance and conceit - and I would consider attacks on conservatives the same way.

If there is a REAL reason, with facts, for hating liberals - let's hear about it.

There is a difference between people and the right wingnut Christian Taliban you are so obviously fond of.

ASSOCIATED PRESS: Global warming skeptic switches sides ...
sd28.senate.ca.gov/.../2012-02-15-associated-press-global-warming-skeptic-switches-sides - Cached
Feb 15, 2012 ... ASSOCIATED PRESS: Global warming skeptic switches sides ... spent two years
trying to find out if mainstream climate scientists were wrong.

Political parties in the USA are opposite of those in Europe and they operate differently.

Yes, they do. Very differently in some ways, and very similar in others.

Certainly the word 'liberal' in the US has drifted a long way from its British roots...but I think most of us non-US posters do understand the sense in which Americans mean it.

btw. While I understand what Wiki is referring to, Kokoomus are very much a pro-business conservative party and True Finns populist. Like most populast parties they through out the odd left wing policy, but they are mainly anti-immigrant and very conservative. I wouldn't call either liberal at all.

Kudos! For great chat without descending to cursing! :D

I did not see Kokoomus on your wiki link...which leaves me :confused:

The party structures are vary different based on the parliamentary system versus the winner take all system in the United States. If you had a parliamentary system here the major parties would quickly fracture into many parts. The Greens and the libertarians would become much stronger as they would pull from the major parties. We would also clearly have our own communist and facist party.

ASSOCIATED PRESS: Global warming skeptic switches sides
February 15, 2012
By Seth Borenstein

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - A prominent physicist and skeptic of global warming spent two years trying to find out if mainstream climate scientists were wrong. In the end, he determined they were right: Temperatures really are rising rapidly.

The study of the world's surface temperatures by Richard Muller was partially bankrolled by a foundation connected to global warming deniers. He pursued long-held skeptic theories in analyzing the data. He was spurred to action because of "Climategate," a British scandal involving hacked emails of scientists.

Yet he found that the land is 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than in the 1950s. Those numbers from Muller, who works at the University of California, Berkeley, and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, match those by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA.

He said he went even further back, studying readings from Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. His ultimate finding of a warming world, to be presented at a conference Monday, is no different from what mainstream climate scientists have been saying for decades.

What's different, and why everyone from opinion columnists to cable TV's satirical "The Daily Show" is paying attention is who is behind the study.

One-quarter of the $600,000 to do the research came from the Charles Koch Foundation, whose founder is a major funder of skeptic groups and the conservative tea

party movement. The Koch brothers, Charles and David, run a large privately held company involved in oil and other industries, producing sizable greenhouse gas emissions.
Muller's research team carefully examined two chief criticisms by skeptics. One is that weather stations are unreliable; the other is that cities, which create heat islands, were skewing the temperature analysis.

"The skeptics raised valid points and everybody should have been a skeptic two years ago," Muller said. "And now we have confidence that the temperature rise that had previously been reported had been done without bias."

Muller said that he came into the study "with a proper skepticism," something scientists "should always have. I was somewhat bothered by the fact that there was not enough skepticism" before.

There is no reason now to be a skeptic about steadily increasing temperatures, Muller wrote recently in The Wall Street Journal's editorial pages.
(AP)

I don't want to get into detail because then I would be accused of being hateful toward cons. But while liberals view the world with shades of gray, conservatives view the world as black vs white,us vs them,good vs evil.

Right, which is why liberals all have the same position on every issue while Republicans are split on every issue. What you are saying is ... baaa ...

Come Kaz you can't truely be a libertarian and be that one sided. The Republicans passed the Patriot Act which is one of the most anti-libertarian acts ever. They started the office of the drug czar. They insure Pharmacuetical companies prevent you from buying a prescription in Canada. They have led efforts to limit what Muslims can do with their own property.

No one side has a monopoly on limiting our freedoms.

Well, now they hate it, after they supported it….

It was Bush that birthed it in the first place. Kind of the same way that some of the liberals screamed totalitarianism and NAZI but are now just fine with it….
I'm not fine with it. I've been against it from day 1 and still am. I'm also against the MCA and the NDAA.

And presumably, you support Barack Obama. That's where I don't get the LOLberals. When Bush was writing up shit like the patriot act, the howling and moaning from the lolberals was loud and boisterous. I know, because i sided with them over it.

But, now it really is just a side issue. It's a passing "I'm against it" now that Obama extended the act and even added new civil liberty erosions like NDAA2012.

That's the part i dont get. Bush and his wars and his civil liberties erosions and oh the HUGE Maniti. But it's crickets and the occassional "I'm against those things" when it is brought into question now that Obama is the one dishing out the unconstitutional wars, etc...

This not true at all. I support Obama over Romney but I voted in the Republican primary for Paul and I am debating whether to vote Obama or the libertarian candidate in the fall. Many democrats were pro Paul who quite frankly might have done just as well running for the Democratic nomination as he did running for the Republican one.

We would also clearly have our own communist and facist party.

Pub dupe idiocy. Communism is dead here. And it's fascist.

You don't read my posts much and clearly you need to post less and have sex more as you are wound a little tight. With a nation this size we would have parties of all types.

ASSOCIATED PRESS: Global warming skeptic switches sides
February 15, 2012
By Seth Borenstein

The Associated Press

WASHINGTON - A prominent physicist and skeptic of global warming spent two years trying to find out if mainstream climate scientists were wrong. In the end, he determined they were right: Temperatures really are rising rapidly.

The study of the world's surface temperatures by Richard Muller was partially bankrolled by a foundation connected to global warming deniers. He pursued long-held skeptic theories in analyzing the data. He was spurred to action because of "Climategate," a British scandal involving hacked emails of scientists.

Yet he found that the land is 1.6 degrees Fahrenheit warmer than in the 1950s. Those numbers from Muller, who works at the University of California, Berkeley, and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, match those by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA.

He said he went even further back, studying readings from Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson. His ultimate finding of a warming world, to be presented at a conference Monday, is no different from what mainstream climate scientists have been saying for decades.

What's different, and why everyone from opinion columnists to cable TV's satirical "The Daily Show" is paying attention is who is behind the study.

One-quarter of the $600,000 to do the research came from the Charles Koch Foundation, whose founder is a major funder of skeptic groups and the conservative tea

party movement. The Koch brothers, Charles and David, run a large privately held company involved in oil and other industries, producing sizable greenhouse gas emissions.
Muller's research team carefully examined two chief criticisms by skeptics. One is that weather stations are unreliable; the other is that cities, which create heat islands, were skewing the temperature analysis.

"The skeptics raised valid points and everybody should have been a skeptic two years ago," Muller said. "And now we have confidence that the temperature rise that had previously been reported had been done without bias."

Muller said that he came into the study "with a proper skepticism," something scientists "should always have. I was somewhat bothered by the fact that there was not enough skepticism" before.

There is no reason now to be a skeptic about steadily increasing temperatures, Muller wrote recently in The Wall Street Journal's editorial pages.
(AP)

Of course the major problem with this story is Muller was never a sceptic. Put simply, find a SINGLE paper where he espoused a sceptical POV. His company is focused on sustainability. Not exactly the kind of credentials a sceptic would have. But once again they sell the sizzle and you bend over and take it.

Muller & Associates | Impartial Energy Expertise

The simple fact these fascists portray themselves as "liberals" shows how illiterate they are and how out of touch with reality they are.

We would also clearly have our own communist and facist party.

Pub dupe idiocy. Communism is dead here. And it's fascist.

You don't read my posts much and clearly you need to post less and have sex more as you are wound a little tight. With a nation this size we would have parties of all types.

:lol:......he has you pegged Frankie.....do you even remember what sex is ?....

I hate Libs because they wade into the stupidist shit, then sit there on their asses for what seems an eternity- all the while maintaining a blissful grin. They just love to ferment in the garden of goop-fuck. And then if anyone so much as opens their mouth in question- BAM out come the guns.

Question their self-righteous self-imposed idyllic idiocy and they go ape-shit. It's like someone flushing themselves down a toilet of their own excrement.

Liberals eat, breathe, and yes- live and even shit in a pile of fantastic flowers and rainbows. Then they expect you to smell it and tell them it is the most abundantly robust aroma that you've ever experienced. They will hand you their own asses on a platter and proclaim it gospel and then expect you to cut it up with knife and fork and give it a five star rating.

Oh and Liberals insist that you "educate yourself". Educate yourself into their dogma of falsified reality.

I hate Libs because they wade into the stupidist shit, then sit there on their asses for what seems an eternity- all the while maintaining a blissful grin. They just love to ferment in the garden of goop-fuck. And then if anyone so much as opens their mouth in question- BAM out come the guns.

Well, I don't think we will see a stupider post than this.

Perhaps you could name some of the people who fit this description, Mr H, and explain in detail how the have "fermented"?

Forum List

Back