Why do people hate Liberals?

I just want them to stop taking my money and interfering in my life. That's all.

I love how conservatives think that all of the money in their pay packets belongs to them because they "earned" it.

Did you attend a public school to get any part of your education? Did you drive on a public road to get to work? Do you live in an area with electricity, water, cable, telephones? Do you have children attending public schools? Do you use the services of doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountants or other professionals? Would you rather test all consumer items for their safety and effectiveness yourself, including food and drugs on the marketplace, and the car your drove to work in?

If the anser to any of these questions, except the last one, is yes. You owe the country a portion of your pay to cover your share of the costs of all of these programs. If you want to self-test everything you use, good luck with that.

It has been said that the difference between liberals and conservatives is that conservatives are always positive that they are right, and liberals are never completely sure of anything.

As a liberal, I am pretty sure that conservative economic policies only benefit the wealthy and are responsible for 2 Great Depressions in the past 100 years. But true to form, cons continue to think that conservative policies are correct and liberal economic policies are the cause of all of their troubles.

Last edited:

You SAID: Sponsors didnt bail.

NOW, you are whining, making excuses and trying to remove Paula Deen from PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

Are you saying the media should not have reported this story? Is this Russia??

I will say it. The offense happened 27 years ago. And supposedly it has not happened since. You are doggone right they should not have reported it! I despise the word, but I cannot say that in my young and stupid days, I never used it. This is PC hypocrisy at its worst. It is nothing more than a hit piece.

I would not be surprised to find out that if you questioned the progressive moron that broke the story and could somehow get an honest response, you would find he/she has used it in the last 27 years numerous times.

Immie

I just want them to stop taking my money and interfering in my life. That's all.

I love how conservatives think that all of the money in their pay packets belongs to them because they "earned" it.

Did you attend a public school to get any part of your education? Did you drive on a public road to get to work? Do you live in an area with electricity, water, cable, telephones? Do you have children attending public schools? Do you use the services of doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountants or other professionals? Would you rather test all consumer items for their safety and effectiveness yourself, including food and drugs on the marketplace, and the car your drove to work in?

If the anser to any of these questions, except the last one, is yes. You owe the country a portion of your pay to cover your share of the costs of all of these programs. If you want to self-test everything you use, good luck with that.

It has been said that the difference between liberals and conservatives is that conservatives are always positive that they are right, and liberals are never completely sure of anything.

As a liberal, I am pretty sure that conservative economic policies only benefit the wealthy and are responsible for 2 Great Depressions in the past 100 years. But true to form, cons continue to think that conservative policies are correct and liberal economic policies are the cause of all of their troubles.

Public ed. is funded mainly through property taxes and we all pay gasoline, excise taxes and tolls that are supposed to pay for roads

So what's your point?

FYI an estimated 60 billion a year is collected in federal gas taxes alone so tell me why are our roads in such bad shape?

The answer is the malfeasance of our politicians so the solution is not more taxes but less malfeasance.

This all occurred AFTER the progressives shit storm.

NOW, you are whining, making excuses and trying to remove Paula Deen from PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY.

I will say it. The offense happened 27 years ago. And supposedly it has not happened since. You are doggone right they should not have reported it! I despise the word, but I cannot say that in my young and stupid days, I never used it. This is PC hypocrisy at its worst. It is nothing more than a hit piece.

I would not be surprised to find out that if you questioned the progressive moron that broke the story and could somehow get an honest response, you would find he/she has used it in the last 27 years numerous times.

Immie

The ONLY ones who have a problem with her comments are SPONSORS. Deen was sued in a public court. If she was concerned about what damage would come out in the lawsuit, she could have settled out of court. Once it goes to the public court system, it becomes public domain. Unless a judge intervenes with a gag order.

THAT is how America works. You can't say you believe in freedom of speech, freedom of the press and liberty, and THEN want America to become Russia.

Immie

The ONLY ones who have a problem with her comments are SPONSORS. Deen was sued in a public court. If she was concerned about what damage would come out in the lawsuit, she could have settled out of court. Once it goes to the public court system, it becomes public domain. Unless a judge intervenes with a gag order.

THAT is how America works. You can't say you believe in freedom of speech, freedom of the press and liberty, and THEN want America to become Russia.

I never said they could not print it, just that they should not have There is a difference between being legally allowed to report on something and morally or ethically able to print it. This was not news, it was a frigging hit job... character assassination at its worst.

It is "reporting" such as this that has brought journalism down below the level of professional hit men. Hell even below the level of lobbyists and career politicians.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

I never said they could not print it, just that they should not have There is a difference between being legally allowed to report on something and morally or ethically able to print it. This was not news, it was a frigging hit job... character assassination at its worst.

It is "reporting" such as this that has brought journalism down below the level of professional hit men. Hell even below the level of lobbyists and career politicians.

Imminent

Come on Immie, stuff the partisan bullshit. If Deen was Howard Dean you folks on the right would be calling for public hangings if it was suppressed by the media.

I was born Immie, it just wasn't yesterday.

Immie

To add to my last, your statement that she should have settled out of court is akin to saying that the accused should succumb to extortion and be at the mercy of anyone who wants to file a suit against them.

That is ridiculous.

Immie

Imminent

Come on Immie, stuff the partisan bullshit. If Deen was Howard Dean you folks on the right would be calling for public hangings if it was suppressed by the media.

I was born Immie, it just wasn't yesterday.

Bullshit, I despise politicians on the "right" as much as I do those on the left. They have systematically destroyed this nation regardless of party.

Immie

Evidently, even Al Sharpton realizes this was nothing more than character assassination.

Rev. Al Sharpton Speaks Out on Paula Deen's N-Word Controversy: Don't Judge the Celebrity Chef for Her Past | E! Online

The civil rights activist spoke out about the controversy revolving around the Southern chef and has actually come to her defense, following her admission to using the N-word in a deposition as part of a lawsuit filed by a former employee.

"A lot of us have in the past said things we have regretted saying years ago,"

If he is not willing to jump into the race-baiting then you know it is low.

Immie

Evidently, even Al Sharpton realizes this was nothing more than character assassination.

Rev. Al Sharpton Speaks Out on Paula Deen's N-Word Controversy: Don't Judge the Celebrity Chef for Her Past | E! Online

The civil rights activist spoke out about the controversy revolving around the Southern chef and has actually come to her defense, following her admission to using the N-word in a deposition as part of a lawsuit filed by a former employee.

Immie

Well, if Rev Al is in her corner, WHY THE FUCK are liberals being blamed for this shit Immie? The only ones who really have a problem with what she said are CORPORATIONS.

Immie

Well, if Rev Al is in her corner, WHY THE FUCK are liberals being blamed for this shit Immie? The only ones who really have a problem with what she said are CORPORATIONS.

I did not say anything at all about liberals and if I did, it was a mistake. I blamed progressives and their force everyone to be politically correct attitudes. Do you not realize that there is a difference between liberals and progressives? No, maybe you don't because at times it seems you confuse me as a moderate conservative with the religious right/neo-cons.

I may have at one time agreed with the RR, but that was before I started reading what they stood for and that was several years ago. In fact, mid Bush years.

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

I did not say anything at all about liberals and if I did, it was a mistake. I blamed progressives and their force everyone to be politically correct attitudes. Do you not realize that there is a difference between liberals and progressives? No, maybe you don't because at times it seems you confuse me as a moderate conservative with the religious right/neo-cons.

I may have at one time agreed with the RR, but that was before I started reading what they stood for and that was several years ago. In fact, mid Bush years.

Immie

By the way, Sharpton is a racist. However, I would not put him in the "progressive" camp.

Immie

Immie

Immie

I defend progressives as much as liberals. They are the same. This has NOTHING to do with 'political correctness'. And their is no 'force everyone to be politically correct' attitude. That is more bullshit. This about MONEY. The corporate sponsors are exercising their free speech by shutting off their money sponsorship to her ventures.

Immie

I defend progressives as much as liberals. They are the same. This has NOTHING to do with 'political correctness'. And their is no 'force everyone to be politically correct' attitude. That is more bullshit. This about MONEY. The corporate sponsors are exercising their free speech by shutting off their money sponsorship to her ventures.

It may very well be about money, but that is because of the arrogance and intolerance of progressives. Progressives attempt to force everyone to be tolerant, yet they are the most intolerant people on the face of the earth. Corporations realize that progressives will attempt to destroy anyone, everyone and everything that does not succumb to their intolerance.

Yes, there is a huge difference between a liberal and a progressive. Liberals are decent human beings that believe in helping those in need. Progressives are the religious right of the left, are extremely intolerant just as the RR and are vindictive as hell.

Immie

Immie

It may very well be about money, but that is because of the arrogance and intolerance of progressives. Progressives attempt to force everyone to be tolerant, yet they are the most intolerant people on the face of the earth. Corporations realize that progressives will attempt to destroy anyone, everyone and everything that does not succumb to their intolerance.

Yes, there is a huge difference between a liberal and a progressive. Liberals are decent human beings that believe in helping those in need. Progressives are the religious right of the left, are extremely intolerant just as the RR and are vindictive as hell.

Immie

Its funny but I would like you to show me the true and intolerance of the so-called religious right.

Welcome to my nightmare

Immie

Immie

You right wingers are absolutely AMAZING! You will do anything and everything under the sun to shield your beloved corporations from ANY criticism or responsibility.

You folks make me sick. You PREACH personal responsibility, then you ALWAYS play the victim-hood blame game. It is either the fault of liberals, progressives or government when some INDIVIDUAL fucks up.

I have zero problem with what Deen said 30 years ago. But now I am more likely to side against her just because of you retards.

I can only IMAGINE if this were Howard Dean and not Paula Deen. You right wing turds would be howling and calling for lynchings.

Go find a fucking MIRROR Immie.

Immie

You right wingers are absolutely AMAZING! You will do anything and everything under the sun to shield your beloved corporations from ANY criticism or responsibility.

You folks make me sick. You PREACH personal responsibility, then you ALWAYS play the victim-hood blame game. It is either the fault of liberals, progressives or government when some INDIVIDUAL fucks up.

I have zero problem with what Deen said 30 years ago. But now I am more likely to side against her just because of you retards.

I can only IMAGINE if this were Howard Dean and not Paula Deen. You right wing turds would be howling and calling for lynchings.

calm down Spanky. I don't have beloved corporations I just don't think making money is the root of all evil. by the way most of the biggest corporations in the world are ran by progressives. You know like soros

Welcome to my nightmare

Immie

Its funny but I would like you to show me the true and intolerance of the so-called religious right.

Welcome to my nightmare

I have not denied the intolerance of the religious right. If you know anything at all about the Gospel, the religious right are today's version of the Pharisees. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson are prime examples of Religious Right individuals who are intolerant of sinners. These two speak of salvation as if it is something that can be earned and if you are a homosexual, you cannot receive forgiveness of your sins. Jimmy Swaggert is another example. He fell and hopefully received forgiveness for his sins yet before his fall, I believe, he used to preach that all homosexuals were condemned to Hell unless they renounced their lifestyle.

Now, since your post seems to indicate that you believe progressives are tolerant (unless I am mis-reading your meaning) I would love for you to show any semblance of progressive tolerance of those who do not succumb to their PC bullshit.

Edit: be my guest, use bfgrn as your example of progressive tolerance :)

Immie

Last edited:

Immie

If you were not so partisan and intolerant, you would know that I oppose both sides and also that I am as quick to condemn Bush as I am Obama. That is not something your intolerant ass can say.

Immie

Forum List

Back