Why do polls show support for gay marriage, when the states keep rejecting it?

I am sorry do you mean if I wanted to in my state of Florida I could marry a man where as a homosexual cannot? Fact is you dishonest ignorant piece of shit the law applies do ALL PEOPLE.

i just dont........ugh what a waste of life you are.
Everyone is supposed to be equal under the law. Gay marriage amendments violate that law.
Deal with it

LOL look at you getting tongue tied when the truth is told. You are such a dishonest hack.

"Waste of life"...

Incoming!

In the long run, this isn't about 'marriage equality'...

It's about legitimizing and mainstreaming homosexuality...

Those who already understand this oppose it...

Those who do not yet understand it will eventually come to that understanding...

Mostly after they've had children of their own...

And contemplate grandchildren...

And reach the conclusion that they don't want that degenerate shit around their kids, either...

And come to the sad conclusion that Mom and Dad were right about such depravity, after all...

Nope, most people don't find anything wrong with homosexuality at all.

No most people tolerate it....That isnt the same as finding nothing wrong with it.

777-full.jpg

If SCOTUS decides on behalf of Utah in the Utah vs Harvey Milkers case, those will be the only three states where gay marriage is legal.

Sometime I wonder where you pull this stuff from...

Other times I just shake my head.

If the SCOTUS does rule in favor of Utah, then it's not just 3 states where SSCM will remain legal, it's (State, Method of Passage, Year):

Delaware – Legislatively - 2013
District of Columbia – Legislatively - 2009
Hawaii – Legislatively - 2013
Illinois – Legislatively - 2013
Maine – Ballot – 2012
Maryland – Ballot - 2012
Minnesota – Ballot/Legislatively - 2012
New Hampshire – Legislatively - 2009
New York – Legislatively - 2011
Rhode Island – Legislatively - 2013
Vermont – Legislatively - 2009
Washington – Ballot - 2012

and

New Jersey – Judicially - 2013
Massachusetts – Judicially - 2004
Iowa – Judicially - 2009
Connecticut – Judicially - 2008
New Mexico – Judically – 2013​

The second "judicial" group are prohibitions overturned based on State Constitutions, even if the SCOTUS sides with Utah based in Federal court based on the Federal Constitution - that wouldn't over turn State recognition based on State Constitutions. Those 5 states would have to pass an amendment to their constitution to override the State Supreme Court.

>>>>

In DOMA you will recognize that the Court indicated its preference was for a broad consensus to weigh in in each state.

No what the court said was that if the State reached consensus (in the case of New York the consensus was reflected in the action of the legislature) and said "Yes", that the Federal government could not say "No".

ie: if there is any future suit brought where an individual or group from a state sue to clarify gay marriage as illegal there, preference will be given to the way it was arrived at that allowed for the broadest consensus.

Pipe dream.

Any group or individual can bring any lawsuit it want's. Some of the States listed passed SSCM based on ballot and in others it was passed by the legislature, because a group or individual doesn't like the fact that the ghey's can get married does not invalidate the law. There would need to be a Constitutional reason to justify overturning the law.

There other option is to (a) have the legislature pass a new law repealing SSCM or (b) [in States were it was passed by Ballot] to get a new initiative and vote to repeal it.

Good luck.

I have a feeling we will see a lot of citations of DOMA's specific language in the years to come regarding what ways what type of marriage can become legal or is defined as legal as in the various states. In fact, as weird as DOMA was thought of at first, it appears to be a template that anticipated a variety of future suits on the matter.

You are seeing a lot of citations of Windsor, but not in the way you were hoping:

Utah - Federal Court cited Windsor in demonstrating that SSCM was unconstitutional.

Oklahoma - Federal Court cited Windsor in demonstrating that SSCM was unconstitutional.

Virginia - AG cites Windsor in showing SSCM ban is unconstitutional.

Nevada - AG in the process of reevaluating position on SSCM in light of Windsor showing discriminating against homosexuals is unconstitutional.

9th Circuit Court - Cites Windsor in noting that homosexuals are subject to "Heightened Scruitiny" and not just "reasonable basis" in Civil Rights cases. (http://www.newyorklawjournal.com/th...ded as Jurors?mcode=1202615038803&curindex=41)​

Again, the Court indicated its preference was for as wide a consensus as possible on the topic.

No what the court said was that if the State reached consensus (in the case of New York the consensus was reflected in the action of the legislature) and said "Yes", that the Federal government could not say "No".

>>>>

just like the far right reactionaries or conservatives when it suits their strategy

I don't reacall republicans trying to change the constitution

well except for things like giving blacks rights and freedoms and stuff like that

well besides Bush pushing for an amendment on banning gay marriage, but yes you are totally right! :cuckoo:

fuck you for being this stupid.

edit: and this doesnt even include the 20 or so states that did change their constitution banning gay marriage.

would that be the resolution that failed to pass in a republican dominated congress? hmmmm, go figure

I believe the constitution gives the rights to decide to the states? so how would that be changing the constitution?

I don't reacall republicans trying to change the constitution

well except for things like giving blacks rights and freedoms and stuff like that

well besides Bush pushing for an amendment on banning gay marriage, but yes you are totally right! :cuckoo:

edit: and this doesnt even include the 20 or so states that did change their constitution banning gay marriage.

would that be the resolution that failed to pass in a republican dominated congress? hmmmm, go figure

I believe the constitution gives the rights to decide to the states? so how would that be changing the constitution?

thats what you said. you didnt say they did try and it failed. Just they didnt try, they did, so you either lied or you are just ignorant. Given your post here id say you are lying.

States dont have constitutions? You really going to attempt to hide behind the federal one only? Holy shit you are pathetic.

thats what you said. you didnt say they did try and it failed. Just they didnt try, they did, so you either lied or you are just ignorant. Given your post here id say you are lying.

States dont have constitutions? You really going to attempt to hide behind the federal one only? Holy shit you are pathetic.
all that blustering gee however will you be able to hide the fact that you're wrong?

all that blustering gee however will you be able to hide the fact that you're wrong?

because im not? go ahead prove me wrong.

because im not? go ahead prove me wrong.

Poor plasmalickballs just cant get over the fact the law is enforced equally.

She's right, and you are fabricating, boyo.

Political groups from far left to far right try this nonsense.

If you deny, then you are mentally malignant or mentally feeble or fucking ignorant.

Last edited:
"...a new study suggests that opposition to same-sex marriage may be understated in public opinion polls. Using pre-election polling data in states that have voted on same-sex marriage measures, political scientist Richard J. Powell found that pre-election surveys consistently underestimated opposition to these laws by 5 to 7 percentage points."

"Social desirability bias in polling comes in many flavors. Perhaps the most well known is the “Bradley Effect,” named after former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, a black man, who faced Republican George Deukmejian, who was white, in the 1982 California gubernatorial race. Bradley held a substantial lead in most pre-election polls, only to lose narrowly. His defeat fueled speculation that some white voters had given misleading answers to poll-takers, saying they supported Bradley or were undecided but really favored Deukmejian.

"But it wasn’t until 2007 that Harvard political scientist Daniel Hopkins confirmed the existence of the effect. He studied elections between 1989 and 2006 that pitted black and white Senate candidates against each other. He found that the black candidates polled better than their final share of the vote in contests with white candidates in elections through 1996. But the effect then vanished, for reasons that he said were unclear."

Study: Opposition to same-sex marriage may be understated in public opinion polls | Pew Research Center

Queers and homosexual marriage will always be wrong, despicable, and revolting. If the majority of Americans start to believe otherwise it doesn't change the fact that its wrong, it just says a lot about how far America has gone downhill in terms of morality.

Nobody likes fags, even liberals. They'll be the first to accuse anyone who isn't onboard with their agenda of being a closet homo. But, they are willing to pretend they do like them just to promote chaos and disorder, and in order to undo the moral fabric of society. Chaos and immorality only help the progressive agenda, and the agenda always comes first.

"...a new study suggests that opposition to same-sex marriage may be understated in public opinion polls. Using pre-election polling data in states that have voted on same-sex marriage measures, political scientist Richard J. Powell found that pre-election surveys consistently underestimated opposition to these laws by 5 to 7 percentage points."

"Social desirability bias in polling comes in many flavors. Perhaps the most well known is the “Bradley Effect,” named after former Los Angeles Mayor Tom Bradley, a black man, who faced Republican George Deukmejian, who was white, in the 1982 California gubernatorial race. Bradley held a substantial lead in most pre-election polls, only to lose narrowly. His defeat fueled speculation that some white voters had given misleading answers to poll-takers, saying they supported Bradley or were undecided but really favored Deukmejian.

"But it wasn’t until 2007 that Harvard political scientist Daniel Hopkins confirmed the existence of the effect. He studied elections between 1989 and 2006 that pitted black and white Senate candidates against each other. He found that the black candidates polled better than their final share of the vote in contests with white candidates in elections through 1996. But the effect then vanished, for reasons that he said were unclear."

Study: Opposition to same-sex marriage may be understated in public opinion polls | Pew Research Center

Queers and homosexual marriage will always be wrong, despicable, and revolting. If the majority of Americans start to believe otherwise it doesn't change the fact that its wrong, it just says a lot about how far America has gone downhill in terms of morality.

Nobody likes fags, even liberals. They'll be the first to accuse anyone who isn't onboard with their agenda of being a closet homo. But, they are willing to pretend they do like them just to promote chaos and disorder, and in order to undo the moral fabric of society. Chaos and immorality only help the progressive agenda, and the agenda always comes first.

Well, that was fun. Fact free, but fun. I assume you are a bastion of morality, what?

Well, that was fun. Fact free, but fun. I assume you are a bastion of morality, what?

No I am not a bastion of morality, I guess you think someone has to be in order to express a contrary opinion?

Carry on, dipshit.

Forum List

Back