Why Do Republicans Feel Compelled To Say "We're The Party of Lincoln?"

For the record Oldstyle

Even President Barack Hussein Obama had done a terrible job, which he didn't, he still would have done more for blacks than any previous President.

For the simple fact of showing blacks what they can aspire to and making it a reality.

The fact that you don't, or can't really, fathom that is simply more evidence of your lack of understanding of the black experience in America.

You're the LEAST qualified to speak for blacks on, well...anything.

Capice?

Whites are still the majority of this country. Do we get any credit for this?

Rhetorical question. We both know you don't roll that way.

For the record Oldstyle

Even President Barack Hussein Obama had done a terrible job, which he didn't, he still would have done more for blacks than any previous President.

For the simple fact of showing blacks what they can aspire to and making it a reality.

The fact that you don't, or can't really, fathom that is simply more evidence of your lack of understanding of the black experience in America.

Capice?

Amen my brother! Teach!

You honestly beleive that you speak better for what Malcolm X stood for and would stand for today than black American descendants of slaves Oldstyle ???

If that's the case, then you REALLY suffer from the I'm-white-and-I-say-so syndrome.

Oh, I get it...because you're a descendant of slaves you have the only word on "blackness" in America? You still haven't shown me anything that the modern Democratic Party has done to help the black community, Marc. Malcolm X understood what they were doing back in the 60's...you STILL haven't figured it out!

"You still haven't shown me anything that the modern Democratic Party has done to help the black community.."

They put a Black man in office with a Black family for starters. That makes them better than repubs off the top.

So was that "Black man in office" really a good thing for blacks? Did Barack Obama improve the lot in life of blacks? He broke a barrier. That's all he did. Donald Trump has done far more for the average black person in the US than Barry EVER did!
It was more than good. It was a tremendous thing for Blacks. When you see one of your own reach a pinnacle previously thought unattainable it gives you extra belief that you can do the same in your area of operations. Drumpf hasnt done a damn thing for Blacks.

No one in touch with WHite America thought that a black could not become President.

That "barrier" had been reduced a shadow, by generations of national consensus in favor of equality and civil rights.

If you, or anyone else though it was a real impediment, they were fools.
Everyone that has come in contact with whites knew that there was no chance that a Black person would ever become POTUS. What happened was a experiment fostered subliminal manipulation of the white population and it actually worked. I noticed that a couple of years before Obama became famous Morgan Freeman was cast as God and as POTUS. During this period of time there several other Blacks cast as POTUS. This experiment worked on whites to a certain degree and definitely helped other races when it came time to vote for Obama.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism. Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

For the record Oldstyle

Capice?

Why would you get credit for being a majority? Youre still white and worldwide you are actually a minority..

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Oh, I get it...because you're a descendant of slaves you have the only word on "blackness" in America? You still haven't shown me anything that the modern Democratic Party has done to help the black community, Marc. Malcolm X understood what they were doing back in the 60's...you STILL haven't figured it out!

"You still haven't shown me anything that the modern Democratic Party has done to help the black community.."

They put a Black man in office with a Black family for starters. That makes them better than repubs off the top.

So was that "Black man in office" really a good thing for blacks? Did Barack Obama improve the lot in life of blacks? He broke a barrier. That's all he did. Donald Trump has done far more for the average black person in the US than Barry EVER did!
It was more than good. It was a tremendous thing for Blacks. When you see one of your own reach a pinnacle previously thought unattainable it gives you extra belief that you can do the same in your area of operations. Drumpf hasnt done a damn thing for Blacks.

No one in touch with WHite America thought that a black could not become President.

That "barrier" had been reduced a shadow, by generations of national consensus in favor of equality and civil rights.

Everyone that has come in contact with whites knew that there was no chance that a Black person would ever become POTUS. What happened was a experiment fostered subliminal manipulation of the white population and it actually worked. I noticed that a couple of years before Obama became famous Morgan Freeman was cast as God and as POTUS. During this period of time there several other Blacks cast as POTUS. This experiment worked on whites to a certain degree and definitely helped other races when it came time to vote for Obama.

So, in your view, whites, including liberals whites, were manipulated into supporting or allowing a Black Person to become President.

Got it. I knew there would be some bullshit reason why you would deny whites any credit, for anything, because you are a racist, but I was curious about the details.

"Because most whites have not been trained to think with complexity about racism, and because it benefits white dominance not to do so, we have a very limited understanding of it (Kumashiro, 2009; LaDuke, 2009). We are th e least likely to see, comprehend, or be invested in validating people of color’s assertions of racism and being honest about their consequences (King, 1991). At the same time, because of white social, economic, and political power within a white dominant culture, whites are the group in the position to legitimize people of color’s assertions of racism. Being in this position engenders a form of racial arrogance, and in this racial arrogance, whites have little compunction about debating the knowledge of people who have thought deeply about race through research, study, peer-reviewed scholarship, deep and on-going critical self-reflection, interracial relationships, and lived experience (Chinnery, 2008). This expertise is often trivialized and countered with simplistic platitudes, such as “people just need to see each other as individuals” or “see each other as humans” or “take personal responsibility.”

White lack of racial humility often leads to declarations of disagreement when in fact the problem is that we do not understand. Whites generally feel free to dismiss informed perspectives rather than have the humility to acknowledge that they are unfamiliar, reflect on them further, seek more information, or sustain a dialogue (DiAngelo & Sensoy, 2009)."

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Whites have been literally trained to think about race for generations.

What you are doing here is not fighting against white racial arrogance but demonstrating your own.

So, in your view, whites, including liberals whites, were manipulated into supporting or allowing a Black Person to become President.

Got it. I knew there would be some bullshit reason why you would deny whites any credit, for anything, because you are a racist, but I was curious about the details.
Its kind of obvious. I am not surprised you didnt see it. Youre like a dim flickering light bulb intellectually.

For the record Oldstyle

Capice?

Why would you get credit for being a majority? Youre still white and worldwide you are actually a minority..

Sorry, I was talking like I was talking to a person, not to a liberal.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

What you are doing here is not fighting against white racial arrogance but demonstrating your own.
Of course they have been trained but not with any complexity. This is why they (whites) suffer from cognitive dissonance.

For the record Oldstyle

Capice?

Thats ok. I was talking like I was speaking with a conservative not a person.

Its kind of obvious. I am not surprised you didnt see it. Youre like a dim flickering light bulb intellectually.

Whites have been ready to elect a decent black candidate for quite some time.

I speak as a white, for whites.

For the record Oldstyle

Capice?

I had no problem following your meaning. You're the confused one.

"Whites have been ready to elect a decent black candidate for quite some time"

As a white how would know what a decent Black candidate was?

For the record Oldstyle

Capice?

I had no problem following your meaning. You're the confused one.
You have problems following the car in front of you when youre driving so I know you have problems following my meaning.

Dr. Robin DiAngelo

Of course they have been trained but not with any complexity. This is why they (whites) suffer from cognitive dissonance.

How do you know? Are you white? Hoist on your own petard. Loser.

His 40 yard dash time and vertical...Duh.

His 40 yard dash time and vertical...Duh.
That white inferiority complex kicking in again eh? :rolleyes:

The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle the Master's House

Based on their platform, positions, agenda, resume, ability to campaign, you know, the same way we judge White candidates.

Forum List

Back