Why Do Republicans Pretend the War On Poverty was supposed to END POVERTY?

Bullshit Shlomo.

Federal government only provides 10% of educational funding

The remainder comes from state and local funding depending on which state you live in. Now, guess which states have the most fucked up educational systems....those run by the party that despises education

See, here you liberals go claiming that simply throwing money at a problem will fix it.

First of all, a large portion of any new money given to a school goes straight towards salary increases and very little goes to actually you know educating children.

Second of all, other nations around the world spend FAR less per child with better results.

You REALLY want to fix the education system in this country? The solution is there.

1. Disband teacher's unions and allow teachers to be hired, paid, and fired based on the job they do.

2. Allow schools the authority to permanently remove disruptive children.

3. Don't force schools to accept children who are so handicapped that it is obvious that the school is nothing more than a baby sitter. One such child can absolutely bankrupt an entire school system, and the school has no choice but to "educate" that child regardless of cost. Yes, that sounds mean but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and one student should not be allowed to cost 1,000 or more students their education.

4. Dual track system from 7th grade up. College bound and trade bound, so that kids who excel aren't held back by kids who don't , and kids who struggle aren't left behind for the sake of everyone else.

5. Pay cash bonuses to high school graduates. Yep, that's right, if you graduate high school, on either track, you get CASH from Uncle Sam. If you graduate with a 2.0 GPA you get $50K, If you graduate with a 3.0 you get $100K, if you graduate with a 4.0 you get $250K. (by the way this is coupled with doing away with Pel grants and guaranteed student loans which mostly only serve to drive up the cost of a college education)

Schools in this country FIXED. Next problem?

Identify any state where educational performance has gone up after they slashed educational funding

I don't have to , the onus is on you to prove that educational performance goes UP when spending increases, even in a majority of cases, let alone in every case.

In fact, here's a pretty interesting article, WITH research that seems to indicate exactly what I'm saying. Increased spending does NOT result in increased performance.

Study: No Link Between School Spending, Student Achievement

Once again, a study shows that the liberal plan of just spending more money does not solve shit.

States that have higher expenditures on schools get better performance out of their students

Can't say the same for red states that skimp on spending

Except the study that I provided you a link to proves you are wrong. Wonder why you haven't provided a study that says otherwise

What the Government can do about poverty

- Provide assistance for housing, food, healthcare
- Provide educational and jobs training
- Offer business incentives to locate in impoverished regions
- increase minimum wage

What "Job creators" can do about poverty

- Pay salaries that workers can support themselves on
- Create new jobs
- Provide a pathway to better career opportunities

Guess which entity is failing our poor?

The answer of course is government, since they have created conditions that don't allow businesses to do anything of the three things you wish they would do.

Our government did just the opposite

We have cut taxes and regulation to stimulate business and the economy....the promised increases in jobs and salaries never materialized

- increase minimum wage

- Create new jobs

The answer of course is government, since they have created conditions that don't allow businesses to do anything of the three things you wish they would do.

We have cut taxes and regulation to stimulate business and the economy....the promised increases in jobs and salaries never materialized

And likewise the war on poverty hasn't met its promises. AT ALL.

Federal government only provides 10% of educational funding

The remainder comes from state and local funding depending on which state you live in. Now, guess which states have the most fucked up educational systems....those run by the party that despises education

See, here you liberals go claiming that simply throwing money at a problem will fix it.

First of all, a large portion of any new money given to a school goes straight towards salary increases and very little goes to actually you know educating children.

Second of all, other nations around the world spend FAR less per child with better results.

You REALLY want to fix the education system in this country? The solution is there.

1. Disband teacher's unions and allow teachers to be hired, paid, and fired based on the job they do.

3. Don't force schools to accept children who are so handicapped that it is obvious that the school is nothing more than a baby sitter. One such child can absolutely bankrupt an entire school system, and the school has no choice but to "educate" that child regardless of cost. Yes, that sounds mean but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and one student should not be allowed to cost 1,000 or more students their education.

4. Dual track system from 7th grade up. College bound and trade bound, so that kids who excel aren't held back by kids who don't , and kids who struggle aren't left behind for the sake of everyone else.

5. Pay cash bonuses to high school graduates. Yep, that's right, if you graduate high school, on either track, you get CASH from Uncle Sam. If you graduate with a 2.0 GPA you get $50K, If you graduate with a 3.0 you get $100K, if you graduate with a 4.0 you get $250K. (by the way this is coupled with doing away with Pel grants and guaranteed student loans which mostly only serve to drive up the cost of a college education)

Identify any state where educational performance has gone up after they slashed educational funding

I don't have to , the onus is on you to prove that educational performance goes UP when spending increases, even in a majority of cases, let alone in every case.

In fact, here's a pretty interesting article, WITH research that seems to indicate exactly what I'm saying. Increased spending does NOT result in increased performance.

Once again, a study shows that the liberal plan of just spending more money does not solve shit.

States that have higher expenditures on schools get better performance out of their students

Except the study that I provided you a link to proves you are wrong. Wonder why you haven't provided a study that says otherwise
Your study does nothing of the kind...it shows a nationwide decrease in overall academic performance

There is still a wide gap in performance in states that invest in education and those who do not

Your study does nothing of the kind...it shows a nationwide decrease in overall academic performance

There is still a wide gap in performance in states that invest in education and those who do not

If that were true, you would provide a link to one study that showed it to be true. You can not b/c no such study exists.

- increase minimum wage

- Create new jobs

Sure it has......It has provided a basic safety net for all citizens and has provided a path out of poverty for millions

If that were true, you would provide a link to one study that showed it to be true. You can not b/c no such study exists.

Your link was bogus

- increase minimum wage

- Create new jobs

Sure it has......It has provided a basic safety net for all citizens and has provided a path out of poverty for millions

Providing a safety net was not a goal of the war on poverty. LBJ SPECIFICALLY claimed it would END poverty.

I would also challenge your claim that millions of people have climbed out of poverty due to the government

Your link was bogus

If my link were bogus you would be able to provide even one single study that came to the opposite conclusion.

Your word doesn't cut it.

Money does not improve educational performance. It's been proven.

Money and School Performance: Lessons from the Kansas City Desegregation Experiment

Then what's your solution?

Lots and lots of prayer

Prayer works as well as our schools do

BOOM

If only prayer was measurable you might have something there

Unfortunately for defenders of our public education system, those results ARE measurable.

Money does not improve educational performance. It's been proven.

Money and School Performance: Lessons from the Kansas City Desegregation Experiment

Lots and lots of prayer

BOOM

Unfortunately for defenders of our public education system, those results ARE measurable.

Those results are better than prayer. Also better than some made up bull that people come up with on Message Boards but politicians wont touch with a 10 ft pole

Lots and lots of prayer

BOOM

Those results are better than prayer. Also better than some made up bull that people come up with on Message Boards but politicians wont touch with a 10 ft pole

Hey bro, you don't see me defending stupid shit message board morons post, do you?

I'm equal opportunity, left, right or center, you post something stupid I will make fun of you, and this is a target rich environment.

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

So what was the point? A permanent dependency class that would reliably vote Democrat for generations to come?

Only if you believe that people dont vote their values and that every republican that collects welfare is really a dem just to fool you.

But if Republicans on welfare exists that kinda shits on your whole logic now doesnt it?
just curious if you know of any welfare republicans. Seems you are insinuating that.

In another thread on poverty republicans or conservatives kept saying that the war on poverty "hasnt worked".

When asked what they thought the goal of the war on poverty was many stated the usual "Liberals said..." followed by impossible things never said by anyone.

Of course if you believe the war on poverty was supposed to make everyone rich, I have bad news for you.

If you believed the war on poverty was supposed to end poor people existing, no wonder you think it "failed"

If you thought that the war on poverty meant everyone would live like Mr Burns from the Simpsons, I understand your frustration.

So what was the point? A permanent dependency class that would reliably vote Democrat for generations to come?

Only if you believe that people dont vote their values and that every republican that collects welfare is really a dem just to fool you.

But if Republicans on welfare exists that kinda shits on your whole logic now doesnt it?

Of course there are Republicans who use welfare. But you and I BOTH know that those people who have made a lifestyle of welfare most generally vote Democrat on a regular basis, and THAT is the people most people are sick of. Some guy gets laid off work and can't find another job, signs up for welfare for a year to feed his family while he finds another job? Who has a problem with that??? No one of course. Lazy asshole who's never had a job and is out bragging that only idiots get jobs, yeah who would NOT complain about that? Why Democrats who want their votes, that's who.

And the worst part of all is, there are liberals who I believe actually have good intentions (like you) who just can't admit that yes, their party is corrupt and uses the welfare system to generate votes and doesn't give a damn about those people.

Anyone who genuinely cared about a person who was bragging about only an idiot would get a job would speak out about that attitude and condemn it, not pretend like it doesn't exist.
see to me there is no such thing as a good liberal. anyone ok with deceiving the poor on welfare and continue to vote for those who deceive those on welfare are no better than any of those liberal punks. Who also believe in destroying talented/ skill US citizens.

But you and I BOTH know that those people who have made a lifestyle of welfare most generally vote Democrat on a regular basis, and THAT is the people most people are sick of.

Thats funny. I assume you're referring to a certain segment of society here. Since naming races is a bad thing :)rolleyes:) I find it funny that the Republicans made it a mission to demonize one segment (wink) of society and then turn around and claim that those same demonized people arent aware of the demonization. They just happen to vote against that party because they want stuff.

So in response to a reaction to your demonization you double down on demonizing.

Its like putting your foot in the water and then crying about a wet foot.
I believe there are more poor white americans. I could be wrong, but I thought I saw that in a poll back a year ago.

Great just ignore what you cant answer. Awesome

I didn't ignore it, I flatly stated that I don't feel an obligation to answer for other people. I actually find it offensive that you would even try to insist that I do. Do I ask you to answer for the people who want to kill cops, for example? Of course I don't because you don't want to kill cops.

I asked YOU about YOURSELF not about other people. Why do YOU SAY dems only vote dem for benefits while ignoring every other reason that exists? Even reasons that I plainly laid out.

Dont get shy on my now
what would those other reasons be? I mean what is number one uno on a welfare's plate? To continue to get free money. come on why do you try and sugar coat the obvious?

Forum List

Back