Why do so many Goppers oppose Gay Marriage ?

That's just fine.

It's been my experience that the "religious" are the first ones that want to tell you how to live your life and at the same time are the most greedy and "ungodly" people you are likely to meet.

Many may be right-leaning but I damn sure keep them at arm's length and jump in their shit with both feet when they try getting "gawd" involved in local politics. Keep your "gawd" at church.
Umm. No. God clearly doea have a place in the public.

Are you claiming to have independent thought from the Hive? I find that hard to believe.

Well, yes since I am not part of any hive I clearly have independent thought.

I realize that you have a hard time understanding such things, but there are a few of us out there

There is ZERO federal jurisdiction over marriage which is a state law matter.

So, your concern is simply about gay marriage. While I truly don’t understand how it matters or should matter to any State, it’s the business of that State. Unless …

Unless you can point to some US Constitutional provision that commands that gays must have the same right to marry a member of their own sex, then it isn’t a Federally guaranteed right. I suppose that was what Justice Thomas was suggesting.

I don’t really agree with Justice Thomas on that one. But I have to admit I’m not able to identify any Constitutional provision on point.
Try loving v. Virginia, fool.
So now you want to outlaw interracial marriage as well?

Your logic unspools everything.

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.
I don't know any that give a shit who you marry.....

I only gopped once, but I didn't inhale.

I support gay marriage, though!*

*Edit - but that does not stop me from making fun of various pudgy Welshmen every chance I get.

Try loving v. Virginia, fool.
So now you want to outlaw interracial marriage as well?

Your logic unspools everything.
Wrong. As usual. At least you’re consistent. living involved a deprivation of a right based on race. That is explicitly in the Constitution.

Try to think — for a refreshing change of pace!

One of the fundamental problems with Leftism is that it tries to change reality by manipulating language. "Marriage" has a meaning that has been in absolutely no dispute for thousands of years in Western Civilization. It is the union of a man and a woman, and the cornerstone of society.

To say that "Marriage" is now something else, some generic concept that includes various pairings and couplings, is simply bullshit. Leftist bullshit, to be specific.

Whether some non-marriage, theoretically permanent living arrangements can be sanctioned by the state is another question altogether. But they are not "marriages," not by a long shot. If any state legislature wants to create a legal framework for such relationships, I couldn't care less. Maybe it can indirectly slow the spread of AIDS, monkeypox, and any other diseases that are spread by the sexual activity of those people.

Leftists' insistence on calling these perverse couplings, "marriages" is neurotic and insidious. They are NOT equivalent in any way to marriages.

If this makes me an opponent of "gay marriage," so be it.

One of the fundamental problems with Leftism is that it tries to change reality by manipulating language. "Marriage" has a meaning that has been in absolutely no dispute for thousands of years in Western Civilization. It is the union of a man and a woman, and the cornerstone of society.

To say that "Marriage" is now something else, some generic concept that includes various pairings and couplings, is simply bullshit. Leftist bullshit, to be specific.

Whether some non-marriage, theoretically permanent living arrangements can be sanctioned by the state is another question altogether. But they are not "marriages," not by a long shot. If any state legislature wants to create a legal framework for such relationships, I couldn't care less. Maybe it can indirectly slow the spread of AIDS, monkeypox, and any other diseases that are spread by the sexual activity of those people.

Leftists' insistence on calling these perverse couplings, "marriages" is neurotic and insidious. They are NOT equivalent in any way to marriages.

If this makes me an opponent of "gay marriage," so be it.

The effect is so divisive too. It ended up sidestepping any actual DISCUSSION of the issue, and instantly allowed teh left to frame the issue as one of Identity so any opposition was immediately marginalized as "bigotry".

It worked. At the cost of deeply pissing off, millions of people.

This seems a very unconservative stance. It is more akin to an authoritariaan stance. I understan that 150 gops voted against protecting Gay marriage. The same number voted against rotecting inter racial marriage.

What sort of country would America become if these rights were over turned by your crazy Supreme Court.
Bible says so.

Bible also says adulterers should be stoned to death. So they go elect a serial adulterer.

Couldn't make it up really.

Forum List

Back