Why do so many people deny climate change

Big camp: The science tells us A

Little camp: That's only a theory, therefore A must be false

Big camp: Where did you learn to be that stupid?

Little camp: Your mother eats hot dogs.

A conservative asking a liberal ''what's the price of your integrity'' is priceless!

I suppose though one way to look at it is that conservative integrity is free. They give it away to the nearest entertainer for a pat on the head.

I guess that's why they look at the epithet ''Dittohead'' as a high honor.

A conservative asking a liberal ''what's the price of your integrity'' is priceless!

I'm asking someone who I suspect lines his pockets from the fraud you stupidly follow, how cheaply he sold his integrity.

You think the volcano god is real, so you are too dense to grasp the conversation.

I suppose though one way to look at it is that conservative integrity is free. They give it away to the nearest entertainer for a pat on the head.

Derp, derp, derp indeed. PMZ....

I'm asking someone who I suspect lines his pockets from the fraud you stupidly follow, how cheaply he sold his integrity.

You think the volcano god is real, so you are too dense to grasp the conversation.

Derp, derp, derp indeed. PMZ....

That big flushing sound that you hear is your movement swirling the bowl.

That's the magic of democracy.

ROFL

What movement is that? You mean "normality?"

{Public concern about environmental issues including climate change has slumped to a 20-year low since the financial crisis, a global study reveals.

Fewer people now consider issues such as CO2 emissions, air and water pollution, animal species loss, and water shortages to be “very serious” than at any time in the last two decades, according to the poll of 22,812 people in 22 countries including Britain and the US.}

Faith in Global Warming Hits 20 Year Low | FrontPage Magazine

{In a survey of 800 Ohio adults, 70 percent responded that they believe global warming is happening and 49 percent responded that they believed global warming is being caused mostly by human activities.}

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...ns-unsure-about-climate-change?nclick_check=1

The magic of intellect is that people don't believe your shamans anymore.

Oh, look at this.

Global Warming Makes Elephant Seals Dive Deeper, Study Suggests | Diving Marine Mammals | Southern Ocean & Antarctic Wildlife | LiveScience

"The southern elephant seals from Marion Island in the Southern Ocean surrounding Antarctica are some of the most extreme divers, spending 65 percent of their time deeper than about 330 feet (100 meters), with a maximum diving depth of 6,560 feet (2,000 meters). Southern elephant seals are also the largest of the seals, with males reaching up to 22 feet (6.7 m) long and weighing some 11,000 pounds.

Their dive depth, it seems, depends on the prey the elephant seals are searching for. And as their watery world warms, the researchers found, the squid and fish that are usually in waters above 3,280 feet (1,000 m) are forced to deeper waters"

It wasn't hard to find more than just the Northern Elephant Seal.

According to this article, they have a maximum diving depth of 6,560 feet or 2,000 meters.

?....... and ur defense of diving skills for seals tells us WHAT about the GLOBAL averages and historical record of deep ocean heating?? Do we need more diving seals? Or just more data and better science?

There you go, making up shit. Nowhere have I touched the topic of the temp record. Your not ready for anything requiring scientific depth.

Clearly, I am pointing out that BI-PISSER is full of shit when he presents the habitat info of Northern Elephant Seals as representative of all elephant seal migration patterns.

You inability to stay focused makes it abundantl clear that you are not capable of evaluating scientific research either.

Last edited:

ROFL

What movement is that? You mean "normality?"

{Public concern about environmental issues including climate change has slumped to a 20-year low since the financial crisis, a global study reveals.

Fewer people now consider issues such as CO2 emissions, air and water pollution, animal species loss, and water shortages to be “very serious” than at any time in the last two decades, according to the poll of 22,812 people in 22 countries including Britain and the US.}

Faith in Global Warming Hits 20 Year Low | FrontPage Magazine

{In a survey of 800 Ohio adults, 70 percent responded that they believe global warming is happening and 49 percent responded that they believed global warming is being caused mostly by human activities.}

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/...ns-unsure-about-climate-change?nclick_check=1

The magic of intellect is that people don't believe your shamans anymore.

The magic of media is that people who have nothing better to invest their time in can be easily told what to think. Those without sufficient education to know better fall for that every time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, look at this.

Global Warming Makes Elephant Seals Dive Deeper, Study Suggests | Diving Marine Mammals | Southern Ocean & Antarctic Wildlife | LiveScience

"The southern elephant seals from Marion Island in the Southern Ocean surrounding Antarctica are some of the most extreme divers, spending 65 percent of their time deeper than about 330 feet (100 meters), with a maximum diving depth of 6,560 feet (2,000 meters). Southern elephant seals are also the largest of the seals, with males reaching up to 22 feet (6.7 m) long and weighing some 11,000 pounds.

Their dive depth, it seems, depends on the prey the elephant seals are searching for. And as their watery world warms, the researchers found, the squid and fish that are usually in waters above 3,280 feet (1,000 m) are forced to deeper waters"

According to this article, they have a maximum diving depth of 6,560 feet or 2,000 meters.

I've already posted that information, moron.

Well there you go then, making it perfectly clear that your posting of the Northern Seal habitats wasn't a "mistake" but just you being a biased misleading asshole that has no business evaluating scientific ressarch.

The magic of media is that people who have nothing better to invest their time in can be easily told what to think. Those without sufficient education to know better fall for that every time.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

PMZ duz sighense..

23.1.JPG

Oh, look at this.

?....... and ur defense of diving skills for seals tells us WHAT about the GLOBAL averages and historical record of deep ocean heating?? Do we need more diving seals? Or just more data and better science?

There you go, making up shit. Nowhere have I touched the topic of the temp record. Your not ready for anything requiring scientific depth.

Clearly, I am pointing out that BI-PISSER is full of shit when he presents the habitat info of Northern Elephant Seals as representative of all elephant seal migration patterns.

You inability to stay focused makes it abundantl clear that you are not capable of evaluating scientific research either.

Your unique ability to steer into every dead end alleyway --- makes you an exceptionally bad candidate for any science topic.. Hey look ---- a squirrel !!!!!!

You wouldn't know focus if both your eyes were pointed in the same direction.....

Last edited:

Your unique ability to steer into every dead end alleyway --- makes you an exceptionally bad candidate for any science topic.. Hey look ---- a squirrel !!!!!!

You wouldn't know focus if both your eyes were pointed in the same direction.....

Yeah, right..... So what was the topic?

The initial topic is why people deny climate change.

The reason is exemplified by Bi-Brat who knowingly posts misleading comments, specifically, presenting the habitat of the Northern Elephant Seal as being representative of the migration patterns for all elephant seals, particularly for the Southern Elephant Seal, the one used in deep ocean temperature measurements.

Bibrat acknowledged that, in fact, he was aware of the Southern Elephant Seal, having posted the very information.

Bibrat stands as evidence of the mind set of some people. It simply doesn't matter whether climate change is a fact or not. What matters is that, initially and fundamentally, we expect of others to do what we know our self to do.

Liars know that everyone else lies. Alcoholics and drug addicts know that everyone drinks constantly and does drugs, they just hide it. Parents that abuse their children know that all parents’ abuse their kids, "it just isn't PC to talk about". (That's a quote.)

Bi-pisser stands as a perfect example. He knows that scientists lie; after all he is his best example. Ergo, climate change is a lie, after all, scientists are lying. Of course, as everyone lies, he feels completely justified in doing so. It really doesn't matter if climate change is scientifically correct or not. Climate science is just a vehicle for him to express his world view, that everyone lies, and if not for climate science, he would find something else.

That is it, really.

And this is his post

Here ya go, bonehead:
Below is a map show the range of elephant seals. That's a great coverage area for drawing conclusions about the entire ocean, don't ya thing?
Mirounga_angustirostris_distribution.png

And;
Show the range of the others. Furthermore, it's obvious that elephant seals don't get far from land, and there is no record of them diving deeper than 900 meters. The ocean goes down to 5000 meters for much of its extent.
Followed by;
I posted the information I had. You had access to more information. Big whoop.
Then;
So one wrong claim means everything you say after that is bullshit? Is that really what you're claiming?
And presented with;
…
He admits he already was aware with;
I've already posted that information, moron.

He goes from presenting the Northern Seal habitat as representative of all elephant seals…to claiming it was all the info he had… to saying it was just a mistake… to saying that he had the very info about Southern Seals.

Given his penchance for obfuscation; my question was simple, why should I believe anything he posts?

The forum question is why do people “deny” climate change. It is simple… they lie and need to prove that everyone does to justify their behavior. Climate science, a difficult topic, is simply a vehicle to play out this behavior, their world view.

And flatulance is simply to stupid to know what the topic is. It is why people deny climate change and why anyone should believe Bi-brats bullshit (or his, for that matter).

So there is not just why people deny climate change, but how they deny it. By lying, distracting from the topic, creating straw men arguments... basically every manner of obfustation. It isn't so much intelligently contrived, but rather it is that they themselves are confused by their own emotions. They simply aren't capable on sticking to an intelligent and logical discussion of the objective facts. They are to distracted by their own emotional need to justify themselves.

Last edited:

You inability to stay focused makes it abundanty clear that you are not capable of evaluating scientific research either.

The forum title is " Why do so many people deny climate change"...

You obviously don't know what the topic is. And you demonstrated that clearly.

Last edited:
Trenberth's paper took existing data from many data bases from many sources and analyzed them, using climate science, to impute the increasing energy going into the deep ocean for the last decades.

You have no science, no data, no resources, no theories, no applicable education, no computing capability, no statistics, but claim that what you want to be true is more likely than what he calculated.

WTF????

Show us the data. Trenberth has very scanty data on deep ocean temperatures prior to 2007 - almost none, actually. He obviously just made it up. How many ships in how many locations, do you suppose, measured the temperature of the deep ocean prior to 2007? Commercial vessels certain don't take such measurements, so how much data is there? I'm dying to see it.

Hundreds of naval vessels have taken hundreds of thousands of XBT drops on a more than daily basis, worldwide, since the late 60s. The standard probe is the Sippican T-5 which takes data to 6,000 feet.

Nice

Sippican, Inc. - Expendable Probes

"Expendable Probes
Lockheed Martin Sippican's expendable probes collect data on physical properties of the ocean such as temperature, sound velocity, conductivity, and current velocity. The probes can be launched from a variety of platforms including aircraft, surface ships, and submarines"

xbttrace_1_.jpg

The Temperature and Depth Accuracy of Sippican T-5 XBTs
7 April 1992 and 30 July 1992
http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a262322.pdf
It seems that the expendable bathythermograph has been the predominant device since 1965. The depth seems to be at 1800m max.

Argo and Southern Elephant Seals then are simply and improved platform.

Last edited:
Here is another fine example where Bi-Brat posts;
THey have no ARGO temperatures older than 2007, and all their other sources are so thin they aren't worth mentioning. Sensors attached to elephant seals? Yeah, I'll bet that covers a huge percentage of the ocean.

Then comes up with;
Note: The three sources of data are:

1. ARGO, which only goes back to the year 2000.
2. Elephant seals (we have no idea what the dates are for this data, nor do we know the coverage of this data. The range of elephant seals is not that large.
3. Hadley Centre’s EN3 data collection. We have no idea of the dates or the coverage of this data. Furthermore, Hadley has already been caught doctoring its land based data.
Talk about a moving target…..
So, again, why should anyone believe him?

Oh, yeah, it was the only info he had at the time........

Been done. The ARGO floats dip down to 2000m.

Did your cult leaders not inform you of that? Of course they didn't.

As Bri and Todd have been working so hard to show, people deny because their cult tells them to. Only a cultist could get as bitter and obsessive and cranky as the denialists here do. They'll run out of steam soon, go off on a week-long bender, and so a new crank will step up to be the obsessive one. It's like the denialist circle of life.

The ARGO floats have only been in place since 2007. How does a 5 year temperature record show the oceans have been absorbing the excess warming for the last 15 years?

Proxies.

The "proxy" term is interesting. In fact, there is no direct measure of temperature. What is measured is the effect of temperature on something else. A mercury thermometer presents the change in volume of a mercury column under standard pressure conditions.

A lot of measurements are this way. We don't measure time. What we measure is a cyclical change in distance of some object.

We don't measure weight or force. What we measure is the elongation of a spring, typically.

In all three cases; temperature, time and weight, we are really measuring a change in distance.

Distance is more directly measured, when we correlate a standard distance, like a ruler, to some distance in question.

Older methods of measuring weight were like this, in the case of balance we correlate one object with some volume of some other standard object. Still, the balance is struck when the distance between some reference and each object are the same.

When we get down to the details, all measures are proxies for the quality in question. Some are just less removed and therefore have greater precision and accuracy than others.

what do you suppose are the odds that the program wasn't tweaked to produce the desired results?

99.9%

After some more reading, it appears that Bibrat9643 simply blurts shit out. He isn't actually reflecting on what he wants to say. What we are looking at is him just blurting out (or typing, as the case may be), whatever come to mind. This is why it is often flacious and contradictory.

Last edited:

You inability to stay focused makes it abundanty clear that you are not capable of evaluating scientific research either.

The forum title is " Why do so many people deny climate change"...

You obviously don't know what the topic is. And you demonstrated that clearly.

Unfortunately for you, no one here on the sceptic side denies climate change. We KNOW the climate changes, has changed, will change, and is ALWAYS CHANGING.....it is ignorant twerps like you who think you can halt Mother Nature.

Forum List

Back