šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Why Do Some People Hate Donald Trump So Much?

I don't understand it
For all the same reasons that so many people hate politicians from ā€œthe other partisan tribeā€, political sectarianism as described by Eli Finkel back in the 1970ā€™s.

ā€œOtheringā€ - constantly describing political opponents as ā€œdifferentā€
ā€œAversionā€ - constantly describing political opponents as ā€œunlikeableā€
ā€œMoralizationsā€ - constantly describing political opponents as ā€œimmoralā€

Trump used these strategies constantly and given his talent for being bombastic and inflammatory he was able to use them to great effect. Doesnā€™t it follow that those who were so targeted might ā€œhateā€ him?

Trump isnā€™t alone in this category, many modern politicians are ā€œhatedā€ by their political opponents (e.g. Obama), Trump just stirred up the hatred ā€œmore biglyā€ because thatā€™s his personality, not to mention he didnā€™t really seem to care if that was the end result of what he said and did.

I suspect that if Trump had acted more like Ronald Reagan and less like Benito Mussolini he would have been fairly popular given that his policies (other than the way he handled COVID) werenā€™t horrible, however he just didnā€™t have it in him to treat his political opponents (and vast swaths of the citizenry) with any respect.

Trump certainly hurt the soybean farmers in the US and the coalminers. Hard to fathom that kind of stupidity.

I gave up on him when he made fun of a handicapped person.

No need to consider anything else.

Everything that happened afterword confirmed he was garbage.

Trump has been trash his whole life. He thought he was cute ridiculing the handicapped.

I don't understand it
First, those who actually hate shouldn't do so. It's a wasteful, destructive emotion.

Second, if you really don't understand the life experiences, perspectives, priorities and opinions of others, perhaps you should dig beyond a message board to find out.

Engage people in real life. That would be helpful, as long as you remain sincerely curious and civil.

If you're an adult, and you really don't know, that's not a good sign.
Says someone with near 100k posts.................Understand the life experiences.....................Engage people in real life................................LOLOLOL

GD.............I don't know what to say

I don't understand it
First, those who actually hate shouldn't do so. It's a wasteful, destructive emotion.

Second, if you really don't understand the life experiences, perspectives, priorities and opinions of others, perhaps you should dig beyond a message board to find out.

Engage people in real life. That would be helpful, as long as you remain sincerely curious and civil.

If you're an adult, and you really don't know, that's not a good sign.
Says someone with near 100k posts.................Understand the life experiences.....................Engage people in real life................................LOLOLOL

GD.............I don't know what to say
Of course not.

I don't understand it

Different people have different reasons for their Trump Hatred.

The New York billionaires see him as a traitor to their class.

The globalists hate him because he's the first to have the guts to stand up to them.

The media hates him because he found away around their monopoly.

Others hate him because he's not ashamed of who he is , and Trump is too comfortable in his own skin.

I don't understand it
Try harder. Trump is a con man. Trump is responsible for the dire state that our country has morphed into with his false statements, malicious accusations (unfounded) of voter fraud, personal attacks on his opposition, demanding loyalty by his inner circle only to him instead of the American people, corruptive behavior, "locked and loaded" approach to just about everything, being the president only of those who voted for him, disruption of our democracy.

Probably because although The Donald's personality is problematic, many of his policies are right on, and many people cannot admit that to themselves.
Itā€™s not just his personality. His means of obtaining and maintaining power are counter to American values.

I don't understand it

Different people have different reasons for their Trump Hatred.

The globalists hate him because he's the first to have the guts to stand up to them.

The media hates him because he found away around their monopoly.

Others hate him because he's not ashamed of who he is , and Trump is too comfortable in his own skin.

The NY billionaires look down on him like they looked down upon his father....Because they're from *GAAAASP!* Queens.....As it is inside the Beltway, there's a very large element of snobbery involved in Trump hatred.

Probably because although The Donald's personality is problematic, many of his policies are right on, and many people cannot admit that to themselves.
Perfectly put. Also people have disappointingly lacthed on to DNC/Some RNC and media lies that he is racist. I've asked people specifically how is he racist which is usually met with crickets . And other similar lies/dis and mis information.
But the fact is after decades of both "sides " promising to bring manufacturing back and improve unemployement ( especially for the working poor) Trump just went ahead and did it. He at least tried to do the same with illegal immigration whioch doesn't really change eitther way because the status quo suits the bipartisian swamp. Imagine if he had been reelected how much egg the career politicians would of has on their faces after he'd done more in 8 years than they had in decades? That is why it could not be allowed to happen.
The average American voter does not do their own research , but rather believes whatever their echo chamber says. And that is the real problem the founders warned us about "The price of Freedon is eternal vigilance" We the people have quit making those payments

Forum List

Back