Why do some take belief in Global Warming as a political issue?

No folly here. Fitz said that the sun gets cold.

The sun has never been cold, in the history of man. Period.

HAD YOU Payed attention earlier?

Sunspot record reveals Sun's past

Yes, the Earth can get cold.

The sun has never been cold, in human history. Period.
I wanna see your definition of "cold" versus "hot". I also notice the convenient qualifier of "in human history".

So we can ignore the Ice Ages and Triassic and other primitive stages of the earth and sun?

Tell me, is a White Dwarf Hotter or colder than a Red Giant or a Brown Dwarf?

Here. Have some fun.

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdeedu/kstars/ai-colorandtemp.html

star_colors.png

Oh and that's temperature measured in Kelvin.

Last edited:
I recognize that man has the ability to make large scale impacts on his environment.

But not climate. HUGE difference. Turning woods to farmland is a classic example of changing environment. Same with Farmland to Urban. Does that change the weather? Only as far as an urban heat island is concerned which is HIGHLY localized and very mild.

Ever hear of the Dust Bowl Fitz? look it up.

In one breath you acknowledge that mans activities can affect the weather but then you deny that it happens on a larger scale. It can. Again, see: DUST BOWL.

I recognize that this does not mean that man must be causing global warming.

And then in the next breath... you do.

I do not and have not claimed any belief in global warming. I do not dismiss it either. You lie.

The sun doesn't get cold Fitz.

Could you even slightly.... possibly... maybe consider correcting your slight, tiny, misuse of a word to say "colder"?

It's a lot to ask, I know. I know you've got a lot riding on this. Any sane human would argue infinitely over this sort of thing.

Don't give an inch Fitz. Don't you add that "er" to the word cold. That would probably cause some sort of catastrophic emotional melt down for you. It would surely signal a total defeat in the most important conversation ever on an internet message board.

So You admit you have no original thoughts and rely on what you're fed and dare not question it?

*Got it*.
icon14.gif

The meaning of the word "cold"? No, I do not have any original thought on the matter, I rely on the long held meaning of the word and do not question it.

Son? Give it up. Your parsing is getting ridiculous. YOU have been given links and I don't for one minute belive you're as stupid as you portend to be by your posts.

YOU know what Fitzy meant but yet you have to count political coup just to appear smart.

The only thing you're accomplishing is being thought of being a smart ass by other posters.

Wake up.
Oh no. Never a smartass. He didn't make the minimum requirement of being smart.

He got the consolation trophy of being a dumbass.

I recognize that man has the ability to make large scale impacts on his environment.
But not climate. HUGE difference. Turning woods to farmland is a classic example of changing environment. Same with Farmland to Urban. Does that change the weather? Only as far as an urban heat island is concerned which is HIGHLY localized and very mild.

In one breath you acknowledge that mans activities can affect the weather but then you deny that it happens on a larger scale. It can. Again, see: DUST BOWL.

I recognize that this does not mean that man must be causing global warming.
And then in the next breath... you do.

I do not and have not claimed any belief in global warming. I do not dismiss it either. You lie.

The sun doesn't get cold Fitz.

Could you even slightly.... possibly... maybe consider correcting your slight, tiny, misuse of a word to say "colder"?

It's a lot to ask, I know. I know you've got a lot riding on this. Any sane human would argue infinitely over this sort of thing.
Define "cold". Would you consider a temperature differential of 1000 degrees anywhere a 'cooling'?

You're only proving to be an obstinate fool Small Willy. Any sane human would have realized how pwned he'd been 20 posts ago.

Oh, and posting answers in quotes, even in another color is a violation of TOS if you're a not a mod in official capacity. Knock it off.

Last edited:
The meaning of the word "cold"? No, I do not have any original thought on the matter, I rely on the long held meaning of the word and do not question it.

Son? Give it up. Your parsing is getting ridiculous. YOU have been given links and I don't for one minute belive you're as stupid as you portend to be by your posts.

YOU know what Fitzy meant but yet you have to count political coup just to appear smart.

The only thing you're accomplishing is being thought of being a smart ass by other posters.

Wake up.

Benefit...Doubt...and all that...I soon came to regret to the assignment however.

Causation or symptom of the hot temperatures of the 1930's combined with very bad farming techniques?

Wake up.

Benefit...Doubt...and all that...I soon came to regret to the assignment however.
It's okay... :::pat pat pat::: you're not perfect either.

Actually when talking about this type of discussion, you need to talk global and solar. Kinda like talking miles on a global scale and talking light years on a much larger scale. Can't really compare the two.

Apparently Willy is just being obteuse and ignorant?

That's why I thought he was a kid. Sheesh...
Somewhere... someone's missing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNBNqUdqm1E]Monty Python - Village Idiots - YouTube[/ame]

So... we are to split hairs about the exact language of mans impact on Earth but when it's Fitz turn to generalize we aren't to bother him with details?

The sun doesn't get cold. Sunspots may not be as hot as the rest of the surface. If that was the meaning, it's easy enough to say. But "the sun gets cold" is an absurd statement coming from someone claiming some sort of superior knowledge that I should defer to on matters of science, don't you think?

The sun doesn't get cold by any notion of the word. These same folks who defy mans ability to quantify his impact on Earth expect that "the sun gets cold" to pass?

b: having a relatively low temperature or one lower than normal or expected <the bath water has gotten cold>

Cold - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Perfectly reasonable use of the word cold.

Let's see your next dance move. :lol:

So you are now claiming that the fluctuations of the suns temperature are not normal or expected? I thought we just established that these fluctuations are quite normal and quite expected?

have I missed something or are these articles posted wrong about normal sun cycles?

I think it's safe to say you've missed something.
That's okay.

The sun does not get cold. It's a pretty simple thing.

Actually the Sun is around 10,000F. and sun spots are 6,700F That fluctuation could be considered cold on a solar scale, Willy

So... we are to split hairs about the exact language of mans impact on Earth but when it's Fitz turn to generalize we aren't to bother him with details?

The sun doesn't get cold. Sunspots may not be as hot as the rest of the surface. If that was the meaning, it's easy enough to say. But "the sun gets cold" is an absurd statement coming from someone claiming some sort of superior knowledge that I should defer to on matters of science, don't you think?

The sun doesn't get cold by any notion of the word. These same folks who defy mans ability to quantify his impact on Earth expect that "the sun gets cold" to pass?
A 4000 degree change in temp isn't a cooling. Nice.

What a fucking moron.

I say that with all the love and respect you deserve.

Fitz, the sun doesn't get cold.

It's actually known for being hot. All the time.

Sometimes hotter than others. But never cold. Not for a very, very, very long time.

So, just curious, what would happen if you conceded to using one poor example? One bad choice of words? I mean, has it ever happened before? Is it like a black hole? We can;t know because you've never conceded to being less than absolutely perfect?

It's not "colder" is it Fitz? Saying that "cooler" would have been a better choice of words is just out of the question, isn't it?

You're sticking with "the sun gets cold"?

Good for you! I bet you've won some admirers Fitz.

Actually the Sun is around 10,000F. and sun spots are 6,700F That fluctuation could be considered cold on a solar scale, Willy

What a fucking moron.

You didn't say "cooling" or "cooler"

Did you? You're lying now.

What a fucking moron.

Keep your eyes on the ball, Willy, don't get distracted with symantics.

Don't give an inch Fitz. Don't you add that "er" to the word cold. That would probably cause some sort of catastrophic emotional melt down for you. It would surely signal a total defeat in the most important conversation ever on an internet message board.
If you're basing your entire 'argument' over an 'er', you're a bigger fool than I ever thought.

What a fucking moron.

I love it when some liberal dipshit chooses to publically destroy their credibility on a silly ideological hill over semantics that are an obvious loser for the rest of the species.

It's precious. Here, have the often coveted Truthiepoo Trophy for individual advancement of obstinate stupidity in the face of reality.

Should I put a notch on my gun barrel, gun belt, sword scabbard... it ain't gonna be MY bed post no matter how hard he's fucked himself.

What a fucking moron.

Keep your eyes on the ball, Willy, don't get distracted with symantics.

It's not really about semantics. It's about folks with fixed positions that are completely unable to make the tiniest compromise about anything at all. I had another poster here recently tell me that my argument was no good.... then he conceded that I hadn't made any argument yet.... he was just imagining what my argument must be an dismissing it ahead of time.

Similar thing here. These guys want to argue tiny semantics about human impacts. In fact, when I say "impact" it is pounced upon as a negative.... I must mean negative impact...

But when you task these guys on a minor point of "cold" .... it's WWIII baby. No way that was a poor choice. Out of the question that Fitz acknowledge that referring to the sun as "cold" is just not the best way to say it. Telling people that the sun gets cold is expected to be an effective and intelligent sounding statement.... because why?

The sun isn't cold. It doesn't get cold. If you want to make a convincing argument about your superior intellect regarding climate, "the sun gets cold" is not the way to do it. Refusing to even consider offering a better choice of words demonstrates what this is about never backing down, never giving an inch, never working with others that don't see things exactly as you do.

The sun doesn't get cold. End of story.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back