Why do the God-haters persist?

YES!!! BLESS THE LORD oh my soul,the LORD who heals all my sickness. i went to a doctor LAST TIME in 1967 for a stuffy nose problem,I wasted my time and money!!!

lol

......a few million gibbering posts ago, you said that you went to a doctor for a stuffy ear. You can't even be honest about such a trivial pointless claim.....

is there anything good inside of you?

But its ok to lie as long as you are lying for the lord. :eusa_pray:

Looks like you need some new material.

Science disagrees with you. So are you smarter than science?

A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

The failure to disprove the existence of something does not constitute proof of its existence.

Belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims because all such claims would need to be believed implicitly. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

IF science disagrees with me, I must be smarter than science.

You've presented exactly ZERO evidence there is no God. Failure to disprove doesn't constitute proof of existence, it also doesn't confirm non-existence. Now, how about we set aside the grandiose proclamations... "everybody knows... it's 99.999% proven... science has pretty much concluded this..." and let's start churning out these "facts" that disprove God? Quotes like "science disagrees with you" mean nothing to me, they are empty words until you show me the science which disagrees.

Belief... now there is an important word to raise in this debate. Belief is when you have faith in something that isn't proven. Like the faith that God exists, or the faith God doesn't. We continue through page after page of people expressing their passionate faiths. The people who believe in God are fine with that, but the people who don't believe in God simply won't admit that is their faith, they run hide behind Science. They want to pretend that Science has somehow answered this question without answering it. But everyone knows that is preposterous. Silly boob, you know you're in trouble when Moonbat starts raising his eyebrow at your arguments. :eusa_shifty:

Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply a theistic explanation carries any value. Even if there exists some topic on which science can never speak, any understanding could potentially evade us forever – supernatural or metaphysical speculation would not automatically be correct. Uncertainty is the most legitimate position.

Lightning, earthquakes, volcanos, disease, mental illness, speciation, planetary orbits and numerous other phenomena have been historically labelled ‘supernatural’ only to later be more thoroughly and elegantly explained by science. In fact, every mystery ever demonstrably solved has had a non-supernatural explanation. To suggest that science cannot or will not explain a phenomena, and that only theism can, is hubris of the highest order.

Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing. God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. An explanation is intended to clarify and extend knowledge. Attributing a phenomenon to the magical powers of a supernatural being does neither. Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Note: By using ‘god’ to fill gaps in their knowledge theists inadvertently provide a shrinking role for their god as science advances. They also predicate god’s existence on a lack of knowledge, not on any positive argument or evidence.

You use time to fill the gaps not to mention many miracles :lol:

IF science disagrees with me, I must be smarter than science.

You've presented exactly ZERO evidence there is no God. Failure to disprove doesn't constitute proof of existence, it also doesn't confirm non-existence. Now, how about we set aside the grandiose proclamations... "everybody knows... it's 99.999% proven... science has pretty much concluded this..." and let's start churning out these "facts" that disprove God? Quotes like "science disagrees with you" mean nothing to me, they are empty words until you show me the science which disagrees.

Belief... now there is an important word to raise in this debate. Belief is when you have faith in something that isn't proven. Like the faith that God exists, or the faith God doesn't. We continue through page after page of people expressing their passionate faiths. The people who believe in God are fine with that, but the people who don't believe in God simply won't admit that is their faith, they run hide behind Science. They want to pretend that Science has somehow answered this question without answering it. But everyone knows that is preposterous. Silly boob, you know you're in trouble when Moonbat starts raising his eyebrow at your arguments. :eusa_shifty:

Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply a theistic explanation carries any value. Even if there exists some topic on which science can never speak, any understanding could potentially evade us forever – supernatural or metaphysical speculation would not automatically be correct. Uncertainty is the most legitimate position.

Lightning, earthquakes, volcanos, disease, mental illness, speciation, planetary orbits and numerous other phenomena have been historically labelled ‘supernatural’ only to later be more thoroughly and elegantly explained by science. In fact, every mystery ever demonstrably solved has had a non-supernatural explanation. To suggest that science cannot or will not explain a phenomena, and that only theism can, is hubris of the highest order.

Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing. God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. An explanation is intended to clarify and extend knowledge. Attributing a phenomenon to the magical powers of a supernatural being does neither. Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Note: By using ‘god’ to fill gaps in their knowledge theists inadvertently provide a shrinking role for their god as science advances. They also predicate god’s existence on a lack of knowledge, not on any positive argument or evidence.

Too bad you don't know GOD.============The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22

I do have proof your gods don't exist. Where is you proof I don't?

Well, my proof you don't is the fact that you're not posting it.

...Can we grow up now?

Did you check the Science forum?

Did you miss THIS SCRIPTURE written to you??===Too bad you don't know GOD.============The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22

You argue for the other side an awful lot for someone who doesn't believe. And if you don't see how religion is hurting society, then maybe you aren't as smart as you think. All the wars, the tax scam while not helping the poor or sick, they use god to ban stem cell and abortion and even birth control. And what gets me is they want their religion to be the official religion of the country. Like Sharia law only with christians. I could go on and on but I won't. I think you get it that religion keeps people ignorant. Denying global warming and evolution? What is wrong with you?

You and Huggy both seem to be missing my point. I don't think religion is the disease, rather it is a symptom. Get rid of religion and people will simply find some other justification for their actions. As foolish as it often is, as much as it is used to justify evil acts, I don't think religion is the one thing holding humanity back from achieving some sort of greatness. If it is, there's no actual evidence that is the case, as we haven't had a non-religious society achieving more than the rest of the world to use as a comparison.

As to Christians wanting their religion to be the official religion of the US, I'd say that's a small minority. Something like 70% of Americans identify as Christian, and the vast majority of them do not seem to want to make their religion a state religion. Abortion has not been banned, birth control has not been banned, stem cell research has not been banned. While I tend to also feel that tax-exempt status for churches is a bad idea, it's not just churches or religious institutions which qualify.

What is wrong with me? I guess what's wrong is that I don't lump all followers of religion together with whatever extremists I want to look at. You, on the other hand, appear to be doing just that, while making a bunch of claims that are demonstrably false.

You seem to want "evidence" for the obvious. When Bush denied 8 years of stem cell research and you need more proof that religion hasn't held us back? My mom might not be dying of Alzheimers if it weren't for those pricks. But then again maybe the person that would have invented the cure was aborted. LOL.

The GOP in every state they run has severely limited abortion rights. Do you not know this? Its like your asking me to prove that water is wet. I can't know how little you know. Do I have to prove to you that heat is hot?

And did you forget catholic run insurance companies don't want to cover birth control.

Has embryonic stem cell research been government funded since Bush left office, and if so, what breakthroughs has it attained? Is the US the only country capable of doing stem cell research? The last I remember reading anything about it, the research was actually moving away from embryonic stem cells somewhat because of new possibilities with adult stem cells. And to be clear, I am all for using the embryonic cells that are available rather than simply destroying them.

Define 'severely limited' abortion rights. More, explain how the GOP doing something equates to religion; since the vast majority of people identify with some sort of religious belief, most Dems as well as Repubs are going to be religious. So party affiliation is not an indicator of religious belief, at best it may be an indicator of the type of religious belief.

I didn't 'forget' that Catholic run insurance companies don't want to cover birth control. I don't really care. There's no reason I have to use a Catholic insurance company, or even use insurance to get birth control.

None of these are bans on either abortion, stem cell research (and you must mean embryonic stem cell research), or birth control.

You are trying to make your dislike of religion, something we share, into more than it actually is. Religion has done bad and good in the world. Many, perhaps most, of the greatest inventions and scientific breakthroughs in human history have been made by people with religious belief. While it's possible that those things would have happened faster, that mankind would have progressed further, without religion, there is no evidence of it.

As I said before, you can easily argue that certain types or iterations of religious belief have been detrimental and held society back, but to try and say that all religious belief does so is backed by nothing.

Too bad you don't know GOD.============The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22

Not sure why you quoted me :lol: I happen to believe the scriptures.

SillyBoob: Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply...

Hold on skippy, I didn't say something was implied. YOU did! You implied Science has 99.999% proven there is no God. I'm asking for that evidence, and you are telling me you don't have any. Then you are making this into an excuse for not having the evidence to support your claim. Now it's not my fault you don't have evidence to back up your claim, I can't do a thing about that. I shortened your quote because it really doesn't matter what it doesn't imply, it's what it DOES imply, implicitly... you don't have evidence there is no God.

...any understanding could potentially evade us forever...
Exactly! So to be making these off-the-wall prognostications of God without any further knowledge is kind of stupid, isn't it?

Right.... and every one of those things has indication of something amazingly "designed" to function a particular way, with particular and predictable, almost 'watchlike' order. The more we discover about the ways our universe works, the more we are amazed at The Masters Design. Science seeks to discover HOW things in the universe work, the question as to WHY is still up for grabs.

Exactly! Which is why I find it so difficult to believe the species who sent itself to to the moon would do such a thing for the entirety of it's existence to any overwhelming degree. Inventing a God to ultimately explain nothing seems like a really pointless idea, someone must have pointed that out.

God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery.

Here's where we get to the point you are missing. To those who believe in God's powers, they are NOT a mystery. They are not "supposed" but very "real." Let's state this for the record, YOU are the one who is in the dark when it comes to God's 'mysterious' powers. But instead of just admitting you don't know, you like to proclaim that it's 99.9999% certain and science backs you up.

....Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Brilliant... So we can agree that making presumptions act to prevent deeper investigations? Is it really a lot of fun to be blissfully ignorant of God, just curious?

I give up on you. You win. Praise jesus.

You and Huggy both seem to be missing my point. I don't think religion is the disease, rather it is a symptom. Get rid of religion and people will simply find some other justification for their actions. As foolish as it often is, as much as it is used to justify evil acts, I don't think religion is the one thing holding humanity back from achieving some sort of greatness. If it is, there's no actual evidence that is the case, as we haven't had a non-religious society achieving more than the rest of the world to use as a comparison.

As to Christians wanting their religion to be the official religion of the US, I'd say that's a small minority. Something like 70% of Americans identify as Christian, and the vast majority of them do not seem to want to make their religion a state religion. Abortion has not been banned, birth control has not been banned, stem cell research has not been banned. While I tend to also feel that tax-exempt status for churches is a bad idea, it's not just churches or religious institutions which qualify.

What is wrong with me? I guess what's wrong is that I don't lump all followers of religion together with whatever extremists I want to look at. You, on the other hand, appear to be doing just that, while making a bunch of claims that are demonstrably false.

You seem to want "evidence" for the obvious. When Bush denied 8 years of stem cell research and you need more proof that religion hasn't held us back? My mom might not be dying of Alzheimers if it weren't for those pricks. But then again maybe the person that would have invented the cure was aborted. LOL.

The GOP in every state they run has severely limited abortion rights. Do you not know this? Its like your asking me to prove that water is wet. I can't know how little you know. Do I have to prove to you that heat is hot?

And did you forget catholic run insurance companies don't want to cover birth control.

Has embryonic stem cell research been government funded since Bush left office, and if so, what breakthroughs has it attained? Is the US the only country capable of doing stem cell research? The last I remember reading anything about it, the research was actually moving away from embryonic stem cells somewhat because of new possibilities with adult stem cells. And to be clear, I am all for using the embryonic cells that are available rather than simply destroying them.

Define 'severely limited' abortion rights. More, explain how the GOP doing something equates to religion; since the vast majority of people identify with some sort of religious belief, most Dems as well as Repubs are going to be religious. So party affiliation is not an indicator of religious belief, at best it may be an indicator of the type of religious belief.

I didn't 'forget' that Catholic run insurance companies don't want to cover birth control. I don't really care. There's no reason I have to use a Catholic insurance company, or even use insurance to get birth control.

None of these are bans on either abortion, stem cell research (and you must mean embryonic stem cell research), or birth control.

You are trying to make your dislike of religion, something we share, into more than it actually is. Religion has done bad and good in the world. Many, perhaps most, of the greatest inventions and scientific breakthroughs in human history have been made by people with religious belief. While it's possible that those things would have happened faster, that mankind would have progressed further, without religion, there is no evidence of it.

As I said before, you can easily argue that certain types or iterations of religious belief have been detrimental and held society back, but to try and say that all religious belief does so is backed by nothing.

I think we all know the religious right held up stem cell research progress for 8 years. Did you forget Terry Shaivo the brain dead person they tried to keep alive because of their religious beliefs? I have seen the suffering of terminal people and the hospital's can't end their suffering because our laws won't allow it. Those bullshit laws are because of religious views. Why else can't Kavorkian help assist in a suicide? So don't tell me religion hasn't held us back in many areas, or done great harm. How many religious wars have occured? Weren't the 9-11 hyjackers religious? The spanish inquisition, etc. But I'm sure you will argue more because you seem to argue something no matter what. You said earlier that you don't believe in God, right? So stfu then. LOL. Why you got to bust my balls? OMG you are annoying. JK.

I don't care what other countries were doing stem cell, we should have been doing it too. I don't care if private organizations with private donations were doing it. Not enough. People are dying and suffering and religious people are holding us back and slowing us down. If you don't see it I'm sorry. Maybe you need to do a little more research. How old are you that you don't know these things. Maybe I'm talking to a teenager?

The US Government usually plays an important role in r&d and cures, but not for 8 years when Bush was in office. Have things changed much? I believe the dems have reversed that position but I could be wrong. Perhaps they couldn't get it past the filabuster which the GOP have used a record amount of times since Obama took office.

The GOP represent the religious right. They call the left the Godless party, remember? And don't forget you can't even be president unless you say you believe in Jesus. Sad huh?

Don't try to tell me the GOP aren't going after abortion and other things Proof of the GOP War on Women

Religion has held us back AT LEAST 350 years. After 350 Years, Vatican Says Galileo Was Right - It Moves - NYTimes.com

AT LEAST! 99% I'm right. No, 99.87546% not .000001% more.:eusa_pray: Jesus

I think we all know the religious right held up stem cell research progress for 8 years. Did you forget Terry Shaivo the brain dead person they tried to keep alive because of their religious beliefs? I have seen the suffering of terminal people and the hospital's can't end their suffering because our laws won't allow it. Those bullshit laws are because of religious views. Why else can't Kavorkian help assist in a suicide? So don't tell me religion hasn't held us back in many areas, or done great harm. How many religious wars have occured? Weren't the 9-11 hyjackers religious? The spanish inquisition, etc. But I'm sure you will argue more because you seem to argue something no matter what. You said earlier that you don't believe in God, right? So stfu then. LOL. Why you got to bust my balls? OMG you are annoying. JK.

I don't care what other countries were doing stem cell, we should have been doing it too. I don't care if private organizations with private donations were doing it. Not enough. People are dying and suffering and religious people are holding us back and slowing us down. If you don't see it I'm sorry. Maybe you need to do a little more research. How old are you that you don't know these things. Maybe I'm talking to a teenager?

The US Government usually plays an important role in r&d and cures, but not for 8 years when Bush was in office. Have things changed much? I believe the dems have reversed that position but I could be wrong. Perhaps they couldn't get it past the filabuster which the GOP have used a record amount of times since Obama took office.

The GOP represent the religious right. They call the left the Godless party, remember? And don't forget you can't even be president unless you say you believe in Jesus. Sad huh?

Don't try to tell me the GOP aren't going after abortion and other things Proof of the GOP War on Women

Religion has held us back AT LEAST 350 years. After 350 Years, Vatican Says Galileo Was Right - It Moves - NYTimes.com

Why are you allowing satan to use you as his puppet,tool,fool???? best you count the cost!!!

Well, my proof you don't is the fact that you're not posting it.

...Can we grow up now?

Did you miss THIS SCRIPTURE written to you??===Too bad you don't know GOD.============The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22

Translation: I feel sorry for you that you don't believe the fairytales I believe. They make me feel good about myself. Ignorance is bliss. If you don't know god, then god isn't in you, and that's sad, so you will go to hell if you can't feel god, because he is real and he loves you, but if you don't feel him you will go to hell for eternity, because he's also a sadistic fuck. If he's so powerful, then close hell and stop being a total dick head. And if he is all powerful, show yourself to us just like you did Noah, Abraham, Jesus and Moses. For he provith himselfith beforith soith heith shouldith doith itith once again for the modern world. And ifith you can'tith, maybe you don't existith sayith the smart sumarian. P.S. Questioning you evil pricks and the pedophiles that run your church isn't turning my heart dark. I feel better not believing a fucking lie. And all you are saying above is to not question your elders. Fuck that. Look how often in history they have proven to be wrong.

Translation: I feel sorry for you that you don't believe the fairytales I believe. They make me feel good about myself. Ignorance is bliss. If you don't know god, then god isn't in you, and that's sad, so you will go to hell if you can't feel god, because he is real and he loves you, but if you don't feel him you will go to hell for eternity, because he's also a sadistic fuck. If he's so powerful, then close hell and stop being a total dick head. And if he is all powerful, show yourself to us just like you did Noah, Abraham, Jesus and Moses. For he provith himselfith beforith soith heith shouldith doith itith once again for the modern world. And ifith you can'tith, maybe you don't existith sayith the smart sumarian. P.S. Questioning you evil pricks and the pedophiles that run your church isn't turning my heart dark. I feel better not believing a fucking lie. And all you are saying above is to not question your elders. Fuck that. Look how often in history they have proven to be wrong.

read SLOWLY!!!=Did you miss THIS SCRIPTURE written to you??===Too bad you don't know GOD.============The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22 GOD KNOWS YOU WELL!!! HUH???

Why are you allowing satan to use you as his puppet,tool,fool???? best you count the cost!!!

So me Satin and Jesus were having an orgy.....I don't believe in Satin or that Jesus did miracles. In fact that whole lie AT BEST came from 11 guys. Think about it. Judas killed himself. So this whole Jesus thing started as a cult. It just grew to be the biggest cult. Then Muslims, then Jews. I've seen the whole history on how christianity spread. What a joke.

And get this. It gets worse!!!! The 11 didn't fucking write the bible. Someone else wrote it 80 years later. So the Jesus myth isn't even first fucking hand knowledge. God knows who really wrote the gospils. And then the churches altered the bible. Just google whynogod and it's all right there. You are in a big cult.

And there is no god. Maybe there is but so far there is zero evidence, and we don't have to prove something not real is not real. It is on you to prove an outragious claim. Oh wait, a god just visited me and said you should all worship me. You can't prove it didn't happen. You know what? I'm going to write a new bible and tell everyone what god told me. He said sacrafice GISMYS

read SLOWLY!!!=Did you miss THIS SCRIPTURE written to you??===Too bad you don't know GOD.============The wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22 GOD KNOWS YOU WELL!!! HUH???

That means nothing to me.

Ezekiel 25:17

Last edited by a moderator:

Great song.

That which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

You have to understand. I may be 99% sure there is no god but I am 100% sure if he exists he isn't the god you believe in. So I can mock you and your fake ass god all I want, because I'm 100% sure he doesn't exist. If a god exists, he won't care if I mock you or your corrupt churches. So I'll continue to be good to people around me and live out my life to it's fullest because once you die that's it brother. :badgrin: No hell, nothign but worms eating your corpse and like when a dog dies you just die man. A mosquito has feelings too but when he dies he doesn't go to an imaginary place.

Oh yea, someone earlier pondered why we are the only animals to come up with god and they thought that suggested we were special. What a joke. We are the only animals on this planet with minds that can imagine and create characters. At least as far as we know dolphins didn't come up with gods or maybe they think we are gods.

That which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

This is exactly what someone would say if they made up a religion and wanted to scare people into believing.

OMG is that Roman 1:20 that's my favorite part of the bible. Listen stupid, I think that book is a fraud, fake, made up by men to control the stupid so stop using it on me. You can't use the fake book to prove to me the book isn't fake. I told you, all you got is to try and scare or guilt people into believing your made up stories. I'm too smart so you can quote stupid fucking scripture all you want. You are almost encouraging me to do it so I think the lord is going to smite you for shoving quotes in my face instead of logic and reason.

You have no logic and reasoning skills. Just a brainwashed dumb fucker I'm always talking about. Praise Jesus YOU"RE GOING TO HELL. :eusa_pray:

You remind me of Denero 1:20 in

Forum List

Back