Why do the God-haters persist?

TOTAL FOOLS try to argue and fight against ALMIGHTY GOD! Your little peanut brain is not up to the job,best you learn your place in GOD'S creation!!!

No one is fighting god.
They are fighting you.

OH REALLY!!! SO YOU believe in GOD?? You have confessed and repented of sin??? You have accepted JESUS as your Lord and Savior??? if not you are fighting against GOD and you lose BIG TIME!!!

But you will be a sinner until the day you die. So that isn't even necessary. You guys think you can sin with impunity because you've been born again and believe in Jesus. What a cult. No wonder you aren't good people. It isn't required.

To know how far we ave come all you have to look at is how we don't even take your threats of eternal damnation seriously. 20 years ago that would have been your sides only come back. Today at least the god defenders on this board aren't trying to defend the jesus or mohammad or mormom god because it is indefensible. Your stories are as believable as Santa Clause visiting every chimney. But I guess since he has supernatural powers it's arguable, right idiot? :cuckoo:

You seem to want "evidence" for the obvious. When Bush denied 8 years of stem cell research and you need more proof that religion hasn't held us back? My mom might not be dying of Alzheimers if it weren't for those pricks. But then again maybe the person that would have invented the cure was aborted. LOL.

The GOP in every state they run has severely limited abortion rights. Do you not know this? Its like your asking me to prove that water is wet. I can't know how little you know. Do I have to prove to you that heat is hot?

And did you forget catholic run insurance companies don't want to cover birth control.

You're an idiot. Bush didn't "deny 8 years of stem cell research, you mouth breathing buffoon. He may have banned public money in 2001, but he didn't prevent anyone else from paying for the research!

DUH!!! DO you not know the passage from the nose and throught leads to the ear????

I know that the nose bone is connected to the head bone and the knee bone is connected to the thigh bone and I also know that you must have never received a good education or if you did you lacked the mental ability to absorb anything given that hell is all to real, God revieled himself, and your passage from the nose and throught....

DUH yourself.

You are quite the schlemiel...

SO YOU TOO KNOW YOU ARE JUST A SILLY,BLINDED WASTE OF TIME FOOL!! ===For centuries men have clenched their fists and gritted their teeth in the face of God, and they do it today. They pit their own will against the will of God. Solomon stated how futile it was in Proverbs 21:30. These are the words that he said: "There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the Lord." And what he meant by that was anybody who goes against God is a fool. There's no wisdom in that. That shows you don't understand and there's no wise counsel in that. Nothing can stand against God and yet men foolishly slam their own wills against the will of God like shattering eggs against granite and all you have is the strewn refuse of lives broken against a God that cannot be violated.

Men have always tried to fight God. That isn't anything new. It's not just common to our age, although it is common to our age.

No surprise that from the minute primitive uneducated man invented god that the smartest monkeys in the tribe called bullshit.

Remember I said the rich invented god to control the masses? Who was Solomon?

Solomon was a king of Israel and the son of David. The conventional dates of Solomon's reign are circa 970 to 931 BC. He is described as the third king of the United Monarchy, and the final king before the northern Kingdom of Israel and the southern Kingdom of Judah split. Following the split, his patrilineal descendants ruled over Judah alone.

According to the Talmud, Solomon is one of the 48 prophets. In the Qur'an, he is considered a major prophet, and Muslims generally refer to him by the Arabic variant Sulayman, son of David.

The Hebrew Bible credits Solomon as the builder of the First Temple in Jerusalem[3] and portrays him as great in wisdom, wealth, and power, but ultimately as a king whose sin, including idolatry and turning away from Yahweh, leads to the kingdom's being torn in two during the reign of his son Rehoboam. Solomon is the subject of many other later references and legends, most notably in the 1st-century apocryphal work known as the Testament of Solomon. In later years, Solomon also came to be known as a magician and an exorcist, with numerous amulets and medallion seals dating from the Hellenistic period invoking his name.

Ultimately who cares what he said. What does Neal Degrass Tyson or someone smart today say? Time to let this hokus pokus taboo voodoo shit go.

DUH!!! DO you not know the passage from the nose and throught leads to the ear????

I know that the nose bone is connected to the head bone and the knee bone is connected to the thigh bone and I also know that you must have never received a good education or if you did you lacked the mental ability to absorb anything given that hell is all to real, God revieled himself, and your passage from the nose and throught....

DUH yourself.

SO YOU TOO KNOW YOU ARE JUST A SILLY,BLINDED WASTE OF TIME FOOL!! ===For centuries men have clenched their fists and gritted their teeth in the face of God, and they do it today. .

The only one CLENCHING THEIR FISTS AND GRINDING THEIR TEETH is you dimwit.

And as has been said many times, no one is fighting God they are fighting you and your stupid, ignorant, superstitious and delusional proclamations of knowing truth and receiving salvation based on an acceptance of a literal interpretation of what amount to children's fairy tales that went way over your stuffy head.

You seem to want "evidence" for the obvious. When Bush denied 8 years of stem cell research and you need more proof that religion hasn't held us back? My mom might not be dying of Alzheimers if it weren't for those pricks. But then again maybe the person that would have invented the cure was aborted. LOL.

The GOP in every state they run has severely limited abortion rights. Do you not know this? Its like your asking me to prove that water is wet. I can't know how little you know. Do I have to prove to you that heat is hot?

And did you forget catholic run insurance companies don't want to cover birth control.

You're an idiot. Bush didn't "deny 8 years of stem cell research, you mouth breathing buffoon. He may have banned public money in 2001, but he didn't prevent anyone else from paying for the research!

That's holding us back. Most of the cures we have today come from government funding because corporations don't like paying for R&D. No money in it. So if you don't grasp what I'm saying don't say I'm an idiot just because you are too stupid to know reality. But I guess that goes with the territory of believing in fairtytales. What you suckers don't realize is the Illuminati that Bush belongs to doesn't believe in God. Ayn Rand doesn't believe in God. So your politics and religion don't makes sense together but its ok because dumb religious Americans will vote against themselves financially over god gays and guns. This is why they have used religion from the beginning of societies to control the masses, just like I said before.

DUH yourself.

SO YOU TOO KNOW YOU ARE JUST A SILLY,BLINDED WASTE OF TIME FOOL!! ===For centuries men have clenched their fists and gritted their teeth in the face of God, and they do it today. .

The only one CLENCHING THEIR FISTS AND GRINDING THEIR TEETH is you dimwit.

And as has been said many times, no one is fighting God they are fighting you and your stupid, ignorant, superstitious and delusional proclamations of knowing truth and receiving salvation based on an acceptance of a literal interpretation of what amount to children's fairy tales that went way over your stuffy head.

OMG exactly!!!! :eusa_clap:

Science says we made up the idea of god. And since you have zero evidence of god, I guess I'm just being nice by saying there is a 1% chance god exists. The only reason I give you 1% is because I can't see what is on the other side of the moon or what's inside a black hole. It may be god sitting around playing cards with my grandfathers. What are the chances of that? Would it be more or less than .00001%? Exactly!!!!

I'm sorry, but when did "science" say anything? Science doesn't say that because science doesn't speak with one voice and with definitive conclusion... on anything.

In fact, that would be anathema to science. You vanquished science the instant you drew conclusion. When you believe something without proof it is called Faith, not Science.

If you have no evidence there's not a God and they have no evidence there is a God, then the odds are 50-50. Until you come up with something to disprove God, you can't disprove God. Therefore, we are still at 50-50. The 99-to-1 odds are based on your faith and has no supporting scientific evidence. It's as good as my odds of 99-to-1 in favor of God. In fact, if we're going by the criteria of just throwing out odds with no basis in science, then I'll say 100-to-0 that there is a God! :eusa_clap:

Science disagrees with you. So are you smarter than science?

A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

The failure to disprove the existence of something does not constitute proof of its existence.

Belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims because all such claims would need to be believed implicitly. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

IF science disagrees with me, I must be smarter than science.

You've presented exactly ZERO evidence there is no God. Failure to disprove doesn't constitute proof of existence, it also doesn't confirm non-existence. Now, how about we set aside the grandiose proclamations... "everybody knows... it's 99.999% proven... science has pretty much concluded this..." and let's start churning out these "facts" that disprove God? Quotes like "science disagrees with you" mean nothing to me, they are empty words until you show me the science which disagrees.

Belief... now there is an important word to raise in this debate. Belief is when you have faith in something that isn't proven. Like the faith that God exists, or the faith God doesn't. We continue through page after page of people expressing their passionate faiths. The people who believe in God are fine with that, but the people who don't believe in God simply won't admit that is their faith, they run hide behind Science. They want to pretend that Science has somehow answered this question without answering it. But everyone knows that is preposterous. Silly boob, you know you're in trouble when Moonbat starts raising his eyebrow at your arguments. :eusa_shifty:

Have you heard about this MERS sickness that is killing people? Look who these science haters run to when they need a cure. I say they should only be able to go to church for their cure if they want to hate on scientists.

YES!!! BLESS THE LORD oh my soul,the LORD who heals all my sickness. i went to a doctor LAST TIME in 1967 for a stuffy nose problem,I wasted my time and money!!!

lol

......a few million gibbering posts ago, you said that you went to a doctor for a stuffy ear. You can't even be honest about such a trivial pointless claim.....

is there anything good inside of you?

But its ok to lie as long as you are lying for the lord. :eusa_pray:

YES!!! BLESS THE LORD oh my soul,the LORD who heals all my sickness. i went to a doctor LAST TIME in 1967 for a stuffy nose problem,I wasted my time and money!!!

lol

......a few million gibbering posts ago, you said that you went to a doctor for a stuffy ear. You can't even be honest about such a trivial pointless claim.....

is there anything good inside of you?

But its ok to lie as long as you are lying for the lord. :eusa_pray:

STUFFY EAR AND OR STUFFY NOSE , HE DID RUN A AIR HOSE UP MY NOSE INTO MY EAR. LOL!!! YOU SILLY WASTE OF TIME tards!!!

I'm sorry, but when did "science" say anything? Science doesn't say that because science doesn't speak with one voice and with definitive conclusion... on anything.

In fact, that would be anathema to science. You vanquished science the instant you drew conclusion. When you believe something without proof it is called Faith, not Science.

If you have no evidence there's not a God and they have no evidence there is a God, then the odds are 50-50. Until you come up with something to disprove God, you can't disprove God. Therefore, we are still at 50-50. The 99-to-1 odds are based on your faith and has no supporting scientific evidence. It's as good as my odds of 99-to-1 in favor of God. In fact, if we're going by the criteria of just throwing out odds with no basis in science, then I'll say 100-to-0 that there is a God! :eusa_clap:

A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

The failure to disprove the existence of something does not constitute proof of its existence.

Belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims because all such claims would need to be believed implicitly. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

You've presented exactly ZERO evidence there is no God. Failure to disprove doesn't constitute proof of existence, it also doesn't confirm non-existence. Now, how about we set aside the grandiose proclamations... "everybody knows... it's 99.999% proven... science has pretty much concluded this..." and let's start churning out these "facts" that disprove God? Quotes like "science disagrees with you" mean nothing to me, they are empty words until you show me the science which disagrees.

Belief... now there is an important word to raise in this debate. Belief is when you have faith in something that isn't proven. Like the faith that God exists, or the faith God doesn't. We continue through page after page of people expressing their passionate faiths. The people who believe in God are fine with that, but the people who don't believe in God simply won't admit that is their faith, they run hide behind Science. They want to pretend that Science has somehow answered this question without answering it. But everyone knows that is preposterous. Silly boob, you know you're in trouble when Moonbat starts raising his eyebrow at your arguments. :eusa_shifty:

Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply a theistic explanation carries any value. Even if there exists some topic on which science can never speak, any understanding could potentially evade us forever – supernatural or metaphysical speculation would not automatically be correct. Uncertainty is the most legitimate position.

Lightning, earthquakes, volcanos, disease, mental illness, speciation, planetary orbits and numerous other phenomena have been historically labelled ‘supernatural’ only to later be more thoroughly and elegantly explained by science. In fact, every mystery ever demonstrably solved has had a non-supernatural explanation. To suggest that science cannot or will not explain a phenomena, and that only theism can, is hubris of the highest order.

Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing. God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. An explanation is intended to clarify and extend knowledge. Attributing a phenomenon to the magical powers of a supernatural being does neither. Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Note: By using ‘god’ to fill gaps in their knowledge theists inadvertently provide a shrinking role for their god as science advances. They also predicate god’s existence on a lack of knowledge, not on any positive argument or evidence.

Science observes the physical universe, makes models of how it works and then refines those models through further observation. When something interacts with the physical universe, such as through light, motion, sound, heat, mass or gravity, it becomes a natural phenomena and thus open to scientific inquiry. If it does not interact with the physical universe then it cannot be said to exist in any meaningful or perceivable way.

Proposing the existence of an entity or phenomena that can never be investigated via empirical, experimental or reproducible means moves it from the realm of reality and into the realm of unfalsifiable speculation. The inability of science to investigate or disprove such a hypothesis is not the same as proving it true and neither does it automatically lend credence to any metaphysical or theological argument. If such reasoning were actually permissible then one could claim anything imaginable to be real or true if only because it could not be proven false.

I'm sick of repeating this: A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. Represents a type of false dichotomy that excludes the fact that there is insufficient investigation and the proposition has not yet been proven either true or false.

Watch Dallas Buyers Club and wake up to the fact that our government, corporations and the FDA are big business and if a cure comes from overseas they won't let it in because they want to make the profits. So people were dying in the 80's of aids and people dying had to go to mexico and europe and asia to find medicines and the FDA would go in and confiscate the medicines not because they were unsafe because the fact is the main character lived 7 years and the doctor told him he had 30 days to live. Stop defending the government. I'm guessing if you are defending Bush you hate the government so don't try to defend them now.

SillyBoob: Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply...

Hold on skippy, I didn't say something was implied. YOU did! You implied Science has 99.999% proven there is no God. I'm asking for that evidence, and you are telling me you don't have any. Then you are making this into an excuse for not having the evidence to support your claim. Now it's not my fault you don't have evidence to back up your claim, I can't do a thing about that. I shortened your quote because it really doesn't matter what it doesn't imply, it's what it DOES imply, implicitly... you don't have evidence there is no God.

...any understanding could potentially evade us forever...
Exactly! So to be making these off-the-wall prognostications of God without any further knowledge is kind of stupid, isn't it?

Lightning, earthquakes, volcanos, disease, mental illness, speciation, planetary orbits and numerous other phenomena have been historically labelled ‘supernatural’ only to later be more thoroughly and elegantly explained by science.

Right.... and every one of those things has indication of something amazingly "designed" to function a particular way, with particular and predictable, almost 'watchlike' order. The more we discover about the ways our universe works, the more we are amazed at The Masters Design. Science seeks to discover HOW things in the universe work, the question as to WHY is still up for grabs.

Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing.

Exactly! Which is why I find it so difficult to believe the species who sent itself to to the moon would do such a thing for the entirety of it's existence to any overwhelming degree. Inventing a God to ultimately explain nothing seems like a really pointless idea, someone must have pointed that out.

God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery.

Here's where we get to the point you are missing. To those who believe in God's powers, they are NOT a mystery. They are not "supposed" but very "real." Let's state this for the record, YOU are the one who is in the dark when it comes to God's 'mysterious' powers. But instead of just admitting you don't know, you like to proclaim that it's 99.9999% certain and science backs you up.

....Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Brilliant... So we can agree that making presumptions act to prevent deeper investigations? Is it really a lot of fun to be blissfully ignorant of God, just curious?

SillyBoob: Simply because you or the scientific community lack a complete understanding of something does not imply...

Hold on skippy, I didn't say something was implied. YOU did! You implied Science has 99.999% proven there is no God. I'm asking for that evidence, and you are telling me you don't have any. Then you are making this into an excuse for not having the evidence to support your claim. Now it's not my fault you don't have evidence to back up your claim, I can't do a thing about that. I shortened your quote because it really doesn't matter what it doesn't imply, it's what it DOES imply, implicitly... you don't have evidence there is no God.

...any understanding could potentially evade us forever...
Exactly! So to be making these off-the-wall prognostications of God without any further knowledge is kind of stupid, isn't it?

Right.... and every one of those things has indication of something amazingly "designed" to function a particular way, with particular and predictable, almost 'watchlike' order. The more we discover about the ways our universe works, the more we are amazed at The Masters Design. Science seeks to discover HOW things in the universe work, the question as to WHY is still up for grabs.

Exactly! Which is why I find it so difficult to believe the species who sent itself to to the moon would do such a thing for the entirety of it's existence to any overwhelming degree. Inventing a God to ultimately explain nothing seems like a really pointless idea, someone must have pointed that out.

God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery.

Here's where we get to the point you are missing. To those who believe in God's powers, they are NOT a mystery. They are not "supposed" but very "real." Let's state this for the record, YOU are the one who is in the dark when it comes to God's 'mysterious' powers. But instead of just admitting you don't know, you like to proclaim that it's 99.9999% certain and science backs you up.

....Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

Brilliant... So we can agree that making presumptions act to prevent deeper investigations? Is it really a lot of fun to be blissfully ignorant of God, just curious?

Blissfully ignorant of what god(s). All your pontificating does nothing to make any case for your imagined gods.

Blissfully ignorant of what god(s). All your pontificating does nothing to make any case for your imagined gods.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. 21 For even though they knew God, they did not [n]honor Him as God or give thanks, but they became futile in their speculations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools. Romans 1:18-22

Science observes the physical universe, makes models of how it works and then refines those models through further observation. When something interacts with the physical universe, such as through light, motion, sound, heat, mass or gravity, it becomes a natural phenomena and thus open to scientific inquiry. If it does not interact with the physical universe then it cannot be said to exist in any meaningful or perceivable way.

Proposing the existence of an entity or phenomena that can never be investigated via empirical, experimental or reproducible means moves it from the realm of reality and into the realm of unfalsifiable speculation. The inability of science to investigate or disprove such a hypothesis is not the same as proving it true and neither does it automatically lend credence to any metaphysical or theological argument. If such reasoning were actually permissible then one could claim anything imaginable to be real or true if only because it could not be proven false.

Okay, so you do know that God is a spiritual and not a physical entity and concept, correct? And with this short dissertation on what physical science can and can't do, you still want to continue attempting to argue that science is 99.9999% certain there is no God? You still want to demand that I present you with a kind of evidence you admit cannot exist? How far off you're rocker are you going to get?

If it does not interact with the physical universe then it cannot be said to exist in any meaningful or perceivable way.

I think God interacts with the physical universe. In a spiritual sense, God very much exists in a meaningful and perceivable way, for myself and billions upon billions of other humans as well. The problem here is, you only want to recognize the physical realm of existence. This is why the notion of God seems foolish to you, because you can't wrap your mind around any concept other than physical. This is what is "meaningful/perceivable" to you, but the really ironic and funny thing is... Everything about your perception of reality is based on "time/space" ...something non-physical. Think about everything that has transpired from the Big Bang until now, all the 'evolution' and life... from the start to now... that reality experience is simply the universe expanding. Not only is it expanding, it is accelerating. Faster than the speed of light. All of our principles... physics... logic... particles... elements... sub-atomic particles... it exists in timespace.

At some point, our universe will end. Concepts of time to humans will not matter anymore, we will have long been swept away by our decaying sun or a gamma ray burst... A new universe will emerge in the cosmos somewhere. Perhaps there will be life with perception of time again? And maybe... that life will inevitably look up into the universe and realize the magnitude of God?

The unbeliever DOES NOT UNDERSTSAND the realality of the spiritual universe is far more real than the reality of the physical universe. the spiritual reality is eternal.=========Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" 16So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.… 2 kings 6:15-17

The unbeliever DOES NOT UNDERSTSAND the realality of the spiritual universe is far more real than the reality of the physical universe. the spiritual reality is eternal.=========Now when the attendant of the man of God had risen early and gone out, behold, an army with horses and chariots was circling the city. And his servant said to him, "Alas, my master! What shall we do?" 16So he answered, "Do not fear, for those who are with us are more than those who are with them." 17Then Elisha prayed and said, "O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see." And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.… 2 kings 6:15-17

Booseyman said:
Okay, so you do know that God is a spiritual and not a physical entity and concept, correct?

Is this an argument from authority or an argument from consensus? Either way, it is a poorly formulated argument.

Booseyman said:
And with this short dissertation on what physical science can and can't do, you still want to continue attempting to argue that science is 99.9999% certain there is no God?

Can you show us even 0.0001% of the scientific evidence that supports your belief in?

Booseyman said:
...I think God interacts with the physical universe...The problem here is, you only want to recognize the physical realm of existence.

God of the gaps argument: 'If you can't see him, it's because he's somewhere else or else you are blind.' By the way, if your god interacts with the physical universe, then he should be detectable by science. Got any of that evidence?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back