Why do the God-haters persist?

Belief in God is important. Secularism leads to things like over 50 million babies killed by abortion and high gang violence by the young.

tapatalk post
really........belief in god has never stopped any sort of killing or anything else..
on the other hand, it's single handily the world's leading cause of war and hate...

Name the event, Inquisition, Crusades, and 90% of the other oft quoted examples of religious killing --- wouldnt have gotten off the drawing board without HUGE STATE sponsorship... Its that govt collusion that gave religious fringes the power and means to harm..

So what you are saying is the Muslim on Muslim violence (in the middle east and elsewhere) is not a religious thing? What you are saying is that Christian on Christian violence (as has occurred in Ireland) is not a religious thing? Muslim on Buddhist violence is not a religious thing? All the atrocities in Africa (particularly what is going on in South Sudan today) is not a religious thing? Are you sure you want to make that argument?

I feel sorry for people.

I hate their promotion of evil and their desire to inflict human rights offenses upon others.

Meanwhile, I remain un-confused.

Name one person on this thread who has stated or insinuated that they have a desire to promote evil or inflict human rights offenses against ANYONE.

When the state gets involved in religion..i.e., regulating it...then human rights violations occur.

Always.

When the STATE gets involved.

When the state GET INVOLVED.

When the STATE restricts...

Get it?

I feel sorry for people.

I hate their promotion of evil and their desire to inflict human rights offenses upon others.

Name one person on this thread who has stated or insinuated that they have a desire to promote evil or inflict human rights offenses against ANYONE.

Every single one of the posters in this thread who have also posted for abortion and euthanasia.

That's pretty much every single self-proclaimed atheist or otherwise anti-Christian.

really........belief in god has never stopped any sort of killing or anything else..
on the other hand, it's single handily the world's leading cause of war and hate...

Name the event, Inquisition, Crusades, and 90% of the other oft quoted examples of religious killing --- wouldnt have gotten off the drawing board without HUGE STATE sponsorship... Its that govt collusion that gave religious fringes the power and means to harm..

So what you are saying is the Muslim on Muslim violence (in the middle east and elsewhere) is not a religious thing? What you are saying is that Christian on Christian violence (as has occurred in Ireland) is not a religious thing? Muslim on Buddhist violence is not a religious thing? All the atrocities in Africa (particularly what is going on in South Sudan today) is not a religious thing? Are you sure you want to make that argument?

None of which equals to the amount of killing you secularist have committed. Chistains don't kill babies in the womb. Christains don't starve millions for thier ideology. No they feed them. They save lives. You atheists need to stop judging

tapatalk post

I feel sorry for people.

Every single one of the posters in this thread who have also posted for abortion and euthanasia.

That's pretty much every single self-proclaimed atheist or otherwise anti-Christian.

Did you support the war in Iraq?

I feel sorry for people.

Hilarious.... So religious folk have to take it in the shorts for any and all conflict the world has ever known, while the godless only have to be accountable for what is posted in a thread at USMB? ...Wow, sounds a bit one-sided to me.

I feel sorry for people.

Hilarious.... So religious folk have to take it in the shorts for any and all conflict the world has ever known, while the godless only have to be accountable for what is posted in a thread at USMB? ...Wow, sounds a bit one-sided to me.

I never said that religious folk have to take it in the shorts. But it is clear that when these atrocities do occur, you people go into denial mode, and try to attribute them to anything other than religion. I don't see gangs of atheists raping and pillaging anywhere today and setting off car and belt bombs. Do you?

I never said that religious folk have to take it in the shorts. But it is clear that when these atrocities do occur, you people go into denial mode, and try to attribute them to anything other than religion. I don't see gangs of atheists raping and pillaging anywhere today and setting off car and belt bombs. Do you?

Probably because there's not that many of them. What is it about 1 in 9 or something?

Plus... there are at least 50 million silent victims in the US alone since Roe v. Wade. Every day, thousands of lives are ended abruptly by godless people who do not value life, and they are never even heard from.

give me a break. What is happening is that secularism is the cause since there is no moral base. Once you tell people it is okay to kill babies what did you think would happen to society? When we were a Godly country we had lower crime and less mmurder infidelity stealing and violence towards eachother. Secularist love to ignore the truth because they want others to believe the lie that the society can survive without God. It doesn't. It rots from the inside from hedonism

tapatalk post

give me a break. What is happening is that secularism is the cause since there is no moral base.

So Muslims become radicalized and blow up people because they have become secular? :cuckoo:

Probably because there's not that many of them. What is it about 1 in 9 or something?

Plus... there are at least 50 million silent victims in the US alone since Roe v. Wade. Every day, thousands of lives are ended abruptly by godless people who do not value life, and they are never even heard from.

I hate to break it to you but the majority of women who get abortions aren't atheists. I'll let you search to find out what their beliefs are.

Speaking of people who do not value life, are you pro-death penalty? Did you support the war in Iraq?

give me a break. What is happening is that secularism is the cause since there is no moral base. Once you tell people it is okay to kill babies what did you think would happen to society? When we were a Godly country we had lower crime and less mmurder infidelity stealing and violence towards eachother. Secularist love to ignore the truth because they want others to believe the lie that the society can survive without God. It doesn't. It rots from the inside from hedonism

tapatalk post

When we were a Godly country ...

* Godly is not Christian - that time above is yet to be.

No one is without sin. No not one. -

the Christian motto is what speaks for their heritage and yes for them it is their standard.

You misunderstand. I am actually referring to the actual rules of basic Logic 101.
You start with a completely unsupported premise.
"Since Good and Evil are not subjective..."
So your argument is doomed before you begin.
I understand.
Basic logic comes next semester for you.

what makes you think Good and Evil are subjective and not the same forces derived as gravity ?

thebrucebeat: No one is without sin. No not one.

it is your subjection that is illogical - Christian ...

not the premise of a nonphysiological existence extent to its conception at birth, for those willing to exercise the abilities granted at Creation culminating as a Triumph, with due Judgment for the Admission to the Everlasting. and necessarily by a sinless being.

I didn't say anything about good and evil. I said the initial premise was unproven so led to an unsupportable conclusion.
Emotions always cloud a good thought process.
The rest is such a complete rhetorical train-wreck that it is impossible to respond to.
Do you know what subjection means? How did you mean to use it?

I didn't say anything about good and evil - The rest is such a complete rhetorical train-wreck that it is impossible to respond to.

... subjection to logical fallacy.

Did you support the war in Iraq?

lovely....if you opposed the war in Iraq you have a license to kill unborn children!.......

Oh absolutely I do.. Africa is Tribal conflict. Arab conflict is similiar. Only thing that would make Arabs fight someone else MIGHT be a religious difference to Islam, but then again -- Until Al Queada -- and the "stateless" terrorists, they've not done near as much "religious" pillaging as you imagine.

Religions don't go to war -- STATES do. Only when the 2 corrupt each other is there a POTENTIAL to do the damage that secularists imagine HAS been done..

But "god" was never interested anyway, right? He has no personal interest in you, in human life? Right?
Hasn't this been your consistent argument?

what makes you think Good and Evil are subjective and not the same forces derived as gravity ?

it is your subjection that is illogical - Christian ...

not the premise of a nonphysiological existence extent to its conception at birth, for those willing to exercise the abilities granted at Creation culminating as a Triumph, with due Judgment for the Admission to the Everlasting. and necessarily by a sinless being.

I didn't say anything about good and evil. I said the initial premise was unproven so led to an unsupportable conclusion.
Emotions always cloud a good thought process.
The rest is such a complete rhetorical train-wreck that it is impossible to respond to.
Do you know what subjection means? How did you mean to use it?

I didn't say anything about good and evil - The rest is such a complete rhetorical train-wreck that it is impossible to respond to.

... subjection to logical fallacy.

Wow.
It took you forever to craft that bail-out.
LOL!

tapatalk post

When we were a Godly country ...

* Godly is not Christian - that time above is yet to be.

No one is without sin. No not one. -

the Christian motto is what speaks for their heritage and yes for them it is their standard.

The Christ was

Forum List

Back