🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

CDZ Why do you hate the U.S.?

Coming to this country with an appreciation of the better life it affords one is not an act of infiltration.

Doing nothing but demonizing this country while living here illegally IS.
Do you think criticizing this country, is the same as demonizing this country? Are you saying undocumented workers do not have 1st amendment rights?

BTW, thank you for acknowledging not all reasons for coming here constitutes an infiltration. I have to give credit where credit is due and you deserve credit for that one.

No, I replied rationally and realistically based on how humans have reacted throughout history.

Consider during my Grandparent's lifetime the U.S. (British & other Allies) did this:

800px-Puinhopen_in_het_zwaar_beschadigde_Arnhem.jpg

to Arnhem. I have noticed little Dutch resentment.
I didn't ask about how humans reacted throughout history. I asked how would YOU react, if someone blew your home to bits? I want to know what YOU think? I want to know how YOU would feel, if that happened to YOU?

Billo, you need to give me a context for your question perhaps. In the above context that is how I would react. In my previously supplied contexts that is how I would have reacted.

Billo, you need to give me a context for your question perhaps. In the above context that is how I would react. In my previously supplied contexts that is how I would have reacted.
If someone destroyed your home, your reaction would be that of understanding and retrospection? If someone destroyed my home, the first thing I would want to do, is kill the SOB! The last thing I'd be, is understanding.

If someone destroyed your home, your reaction would be that of understanding and retrospection? If someone destroyed my home, the first thing I would want to do, is kill the SOB! The last thing I'd be, is understanding.

Billo, wouldn't depend on why they destroyed your home? If your home was destroyed in the course of liberating Auschwitz you would likely feel one way. If it were destroyed in the course of making meth you would presumably feel angered.

Right?

I guess my point is, in regards to the topic of the thread, is maybe people hate this country because of what we did to their country. And if we bombed their country back to the stone age, why the "deer in the headlights look" when they don't say "thank you"?

Billo, wouldn't depend on why they destroyed your home? If your home was destroyed in the course of liberating Auschwitz you would likely feel one way. If it were destroyed in the course of making meth you would presumably feel angered.

Right?
Well, that depends on how good the meth was?

I guess my point is, in regards to the topic of the thread, is maybe people hate this country because of what we did to their country. And if we bombed their country back to the stone age, why the "deer in the headlights look" when they don't say "thank you"?

I can see that point. When I said if I were the a pretty loyal Iraqi who thought Saddam was ok then of course I would hate the U.S.

I can see that point. When I said if I were the a pretty loyal Iraqi who thought Saddam was ok then of course I would hate the U.S.
I'm pretty sure you could hate both. Or thought of Hussein as the lesser of two evils? Or vice versa? In order to understand why someone would hate us, you have to put yourself in their position.

What if the Chinese came and bombed the crap out of where you live; then set up check points on your block, making a 15 minute trip to store, take 3 hours; sometimes your not even allowed to go to the store; and there isn't a person on your block, that doesn't have a family member who was killed by the Chinese. At that point in time, how would you feel about the Chinese?

If you're honest and don't lie to yourself, now you can see why they hate us.

America has it flaws but you never read about Americans fleeing to Mexico to live illegally so they can support their family here.
You also never hear how America's capitalist class destroyed Mexico's rural farming communities, precipitating the need for Mexicans to seek economic security elsewhere. Which BTW just happens to further benefit America's capitalist class.

Why should I change to be like an illegal immigrant who hates this country?

I like how dumbass Americans always assume I am a Mexican living in America, and not let's say, an American living in Canada... :laugh2:

Coming to this country with an appreciation of the better life it affords one is not an act of infiltration.

Doing nothing but demonizing this country while living here illegally IS.
Do you think criticizing this country, is the same as demonizing this country? Are you saying undocumented workers do not have 1st amendment rights?

BTW, thank you for acknowledging not all reasons for coming here constitutes an infiltration. I have to give credit where credit is due and you deserve credit for that one.

Selecting a gif for a signature that shows the flipping of the bird before burning an American flag is just some valid criticism now, is it?

America is not perfect and never will be, but to hate this country tell me those that do and are from here have never been anywhere else in their short lived life...

I'll keep saying it, because you guys keep getting it wrong. You can hate the United States and not America.

Any apologists for the evil of the United States are just as evil themselves. Anyone with the most basic of moral standards would hate the United States, and unfortunately Americans are a people of low moral standards.

Last edited:
I never said anything about your being a Mexican.

Your hatred of this country could be Islamist in nature.

Whatever, that's not the point. Americans have such a high inflated ego of themselves, that they automatically assume they are the only country with illegal immigrants.

In response to this debate on the US overthrowing Saddam Hussien, the US military killed more Iraqi civilians than Saddam Hussien ever did. The pentagon carried on the same inhumane torture and rape bullshit too.

If the United States didn't enter Iraq in 2003, then millions of Iraqi civilians would be alive today. Their lives were irrelevant as long as the US could save their oil supply.

Assad though you like more?

Let me clarify that I do not like Assad at all. He is an authoritarian despot and war criminal.

I just hate the US a lot more, and the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Onyx brought this up. I believe there are plenty of reasons to hate the U.S. The Tuskegee Experiment, Hiroshima, and the virtual eradication of the Native Americans come to mind.

Overall though I don't think of the U.S. as the bad guys on the block and generally think the world would be a better place if U.S. policy succeeds.

So to what level and why do you hate the U.S.?
I don't hate the US. Although our nation and culture are far from perfect, I do believe we are on the leading edge of humanity in terms of government, science and modernization.

Tuskegee was one atrocity in a world of atrocities. Unlike other nations, such as Japan and Nanking or Korean "comfort women", the US apologized and sought to make amends for the experiment.

Hiroshima? It ended a war costing Americans over 300 soldiers per day. The US, alone, lost 416,800 soldiers in less than 45 months (less than 4 years) of fighting. A war that cost the world 60,000,000 lives. Any leader who didn't seek to stop the carnage as quickly as possible would be inhumanly remiss. FWIW, more lives were lost firebombing Tokyo than at either Hiroshima or Nagasaki.

The National WWII Museum | New Orleans: Learn: For Students: WWII by the Numbers: World-Wide Deaths

What happened with Native Americans in the 1800s was barbaric, but nothing worse than the Europeans did in South America and Africa or what continues to happen in other parts of the world now. What happened can be understood, but should not be forgotten. What's more important now is how our government treats their treaties with Native Americans today, not what happened over 130 years ago.

Forum List

Back