Why do you need guns?

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
The question of why anybody needs a gun, several guns, or truckload of guns has absolutely NOTHING to do with the right to bear arms. This question is typically a strawman, where if one answers that it is not really a need, it somehow confirms that one does not have constitutional rights to have it or them. When you hear a lefty asking why anybody "needs" one or more guns of his choosing, it is because he is pivoting away from the constitutional right that shall not be infringed. It is because he is attempting to dismantle and discredit a constitutional right.

The question of why anybody needs a gun, several guns, or truckload of guns has absolutely NOTHING to do with the right to bear arms. This question is typically a strawman, where if one answers that it is not really a need, it somehow confirms that one does not have constitutional rights to have it or them. When you hear a lefty asking why anybody "needs" one or more guns of his choosing, it is because he is pivoting away from the constitutional right that shall not be infringed. It is because he is attempting to dismantle and discredit a constitutional right.
Why is it your concern with how many firearms a law abiding citizens own? We don't get these type of questions asked for other subject areas, why do you care why I own one or 50? With this being a right of U.S. Citizens, we don't need to explain why -- it naturally restricts government.

The gun nuts always run away from the practical aspect of their hobby. They don't need guns for anything other than to feel like they something more than just another everyday nobody.
and those with gun phobia run towards irrational responses based on feeling, and with limited to no understanding of firearms.

Not to mention they target symptoms instead of an underlying problem.

The gun nuts always run away from the practical aspect of their hobby. They don't need guns for anything other than to feel like they something more than just another everyday nobody.
If they are not killing others I see nothing wrong with that. Why does how people feel bother you? It is frankly none of your fucking business and something you cannot know about others. In other words, stop talking out of your ass.

Wrong.

The Supreme Court has ruled that no police force has any legal obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

That alone is reason for any sane person to want a firearm to protect his home, himself and his family.

Wrong.

The Supreme Court has ruled that no police force has any legal obligation to come to the aid of anyone.

That alone is reason for any sane person to want a firearm to protect his home, himself and his family.
Do you think the right to have guns should be contingent on needs? I've always understood that we are responsible for ensuring the security of a free state, and that this is the need that the 2nd is about. We should all have guns, however many and whatever type are necessary to ensure the security of a free state.

Do you think the right to have guns should be contingent on needs? I've always understood that we are responsible for ensuring the security of a free state, and that this is the need that the 2nd is about. We should all have guns, however many and whatever type are necessary to ensure the security of a free state.
There's one of the problems with the right's gun arguments. People are just supposed to accept that they are proof against tyranny with the right sounding more authoritarian every day. It's clear they would not fight to protect anyone else's rights, just their own, maybe. When's the last time the right came down on the side of more expansive rights for anyone?

No.

Rights and needs have nothing to do with each other but I can still argue that people can and do have valid reasons to own firearms.

Wrong.

small dick energy.jpg

There's one of the problems with the right's gun arguments. People are just supposed to accept that they are proof against tyranny with the right sounding more authoritarian every day. It's clear they would not fight to protect anyone else's rights, just their own, maybe. When's the last time the right came down on the side of more expansive rights for anyone?
Gun rights, you idiot. I want to have guns. I want YOU to have guns, if you want them. I want everyone to have guns, to defend themselves and their families.

The question of why anybody needs a gun, several guns, or truckload of guns

Why does anyone need a collection of cars? Why do they need a collection of sports memorabilia? Sci-Fi gizmos? Old appliances? Classic TVs? Stamps and coins? Hunting trophies?
Can you name anything else people collect that they need to justify to you? Is anything else collected a guaranteed constitutional right?

Last edited:
What does the need to have a gun or how anybody feels have to do with the right to have a gun?

What is the difference and why does it matter? Why does anyone need to justify their interests and collections to YOU?

You just admitted a NEED to have guns and the RIGHT to own guns. End of story.

Do you say what you want in the public square? Are you a First Amendment nut? If some soldiers came by your house and told you to get out so they could stay there, would you let them or would you tell to go screw? Are you a Third Amendment nut?

Forum List

Back