Why do you need guns?

Nope, seen it often enough among the worst big talking conservatives. They would sooner leave the house without pants than their gun just for a trip to Walmart in the suburbs. They have all sorts of imagined scenarios of fighting off invaders that will never come. How the hell did you let yourself get that frightened of the world? People with real courage can correctly gauge the actual level of danger in their daily lives and so actually enjoy being alive.
The only time I leave the house wirh a gun is when we’re taking a trip in the RV, so don’t lump me in with all the paranoid straw men you’re manufacturing.

It'd be awesome if leftists could talk without changing the meanings of words.
“Reinventing” the meaning of words is necessary to fool those not paying attention. I mean, look how violently they’ve gang-raped the word “progressive”.

There's one of the problems with the right's gun arguments. People are just supposed to accept that they are proof against tyranny with the right sounding more authoritarian every day. It's clear they would not fight to protect anyone else's rights, just their own, maybe. When's the last time the right came down on the side of more expansive rights for anyone?
the right defends the right for a baby in the womb to live every day !

When worst case scenarios are your entire argument it's hard to take them seriously. Be real, I don't care about your paranoia.

Like your smoke detector in your home? Hard to take you seriously when you have a fire detector in your home...are you paranoid?

When worst case scenarios are your entire argument it's hard to take them seriously. Be real, I don't care about your paranoia.

Guns, after sport, competition, hunting, collecting, recreational shooting...

are worst case scenario you dumb ass....when the violent rapist, robber or murderer enters your life, the gun is for that very worst case scenario.........that is why you freaking have it.....

You people need the artificial courage of a weapon just to avoid curling up in a ball.

No.......we have a gun the same way we have smoke detectors in our home.....with the same level of emotional thought ...

You idiots, curl into a ball just thinking about guns.....it is you morons who are terrified of guns and gun owners...

Nope, seen it often enough among the worst big talking conservatives. They would sooner leave the house without pants than their gun just for a trip to Walmart in the suburbs. They have all sorts of imagined scenarios of fighting off invaders that will never come. How the hell did you let yourself get that frightened of the world? People with real courage can correctly gauge the actual level of danger in their daily lives and so actually enjoy being alive.

You see any gun owner as seconds away from mass murder.........how the hell did you let yourself get that frightened of normal people who have committed no crime and will never use their gun to commit a crime.....People with real courage can gauge the actual threat level of a normal gun owner in daily life and enjoy being alive while still knowing that normal people carrying guns will not use those guns for any kind of crime...

Rittenhouse didn't know anything about them when he shot them.

He knew they were out burning, looting and likely trying to kill people........as they did try to kill him as he tried to put out a fire they started, and that they tried to start at a gas station...

You see any gun owner as seconds away from mass murder.........how the hell did you let yourself get that frightened of normal people who have committed no crime and will never use their gun to commit a crime.....People with real courage can gauge the actual threat level of a normal gun owner in daily life and enjoy being alive while still knowing that normal people carrying guns will not use those guns for any kind of crime...
I own guns nutter. I see them as little more than my most expensive and useless tools. They are not a political statement nor do I think they keep me safe. You've built up these useless machines until they possess a life of their own. Were you honest you would simply say you like having and shooting guns same as me but that's not good enough is it?

I own guns nutter. I see them as little more than my most expensive and useless tools. They are not a political statement nor do I think they keep me safe. You've built up these useless machines until they possess a life of their own. Were you honest you would simply say you like having and shooting guns same as me but that's not good enough is it?
Smoke detector is useless until your house is on fire.

The question of why anybody needs a gun, several guns, or truckload of guns has absolutely NOTHING to do with the right to bear arms. This question is typically a strawman, where if one answers that it is not really a need, it somehow confirms that one does not have constitutional rights to have it or them. When you hear a lefty asking why anybody "needs" one or more guns of his choosing, it is because he is pivoting away from the constitutional right that shall not be infringed. It is because he is attempting to dismantle and discredit a constitutional right.
When applying for a shot gun licence or a firearms certificate in the UK, you are interviewed by the police and they ask you, "Why do you need such and such gun". So if you're part a shoot (pheasant etc..), or a member of a gun range, or you work on a farm etc.., or basically it's a valid reason, then you have no problems (assuming your background check and referee (s) check out).

If you say, in case there's an intruder and I want to shoot them, or, take it down the high street for self defence, consider your application to be denied and a note on police file that you're not suitable to have a gun.

Unfortunately, people can and do go off the rails.

I don't like shooting guns mainly because I don't like to have to clean them.....you idiots keep thinking I am a "gun guy." I am not....I am a human freedom guy, guns just happen to be the best and only tool to keep good people free from people like you....

When applying for a shot gun licence or a firearms certificate in the UK, you are interviewed by the police and they ask you, "Why do you need such and such gun". So if you're part a shoot (pheasant etc..), or a member of a gun range, or you work on a farm etc.., or basically it's a valid reason, then you have no problems (assuming your background check and referee (s) check out).

If you say, in case there's an intruder and I want to shoot them, or, take it down the high street for self defence, consider your application to be denied and a note on police file that you're not suitable to have a gun.

Yes....for example...

Example #1....

Well, I am a single woman and I don't want to be kidnapped, raped, tortured, then murdered.......either in my home or from a public place....

British police....your license is rejected because self defense is not a legitimate reason to own a gun...

Example #2....

Well, as a member of the House of Lords, I and several of my wealthy friends want to go bird hunting on one of my several estates in the country......I also like to collect guns....

British police....here you are guv......here's your license, have a day, say no more.....

This makes sense to you, you fascist....?

Yep.....rape, torture and murder.....not a reason for a gun....

Hunting on your private estate as a member of the House of Lords..perfectly good reason...

That is British gun control......

Forum List

Back