why does freemasonry scare you?

Why does Freemasonry scare you?

• I am scared of it because I think it is a front for Judaism.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am scared of it because I was raised/ I am Roman Catholic.

• I am scared of it because I am a born-again Christian.

• I am scared of it because I am an athiest.

• I am scared of it because I think it promotes witchcraft.

• I am scared of it because of some of its past members, like Aleister Crowley and Albert Pike.

• I am scared of it because I think they have been behind most world wars.

• I am scared of it because in my opinion, there is no place for secrecy in the Information Age.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I like turtles.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I am not at all in any way, shape or form scared of Freemasonry.

Votes: 13 68.4%

• Total voters
...Men demit for a variety of reasons, but if it was just from an appendant body he may not have had time to commit or any variety of reasons. ...

That's helpful information, thank you.

I'm embarrassed to say it hadn't even occurred to me that his demit from the Scottish Rite might not have amounted to his leaving The Lodge altogether.

I think what led me to believe it had was the abrupt ending of the scrap-book (with several unused leaflets left), which coincides with the letter's position in it.

A stack of dues paid cards from the Order of the Eastern Star, as well as the Licking County Scottish Rite Club, seem to indicate that he stopped paying dues for another "appendant body" (?) concurrently (although I don't have an official Letter of Demit from the OES), and none of those cards postdate his letter from the SR.

Interestingly, I have one (and only one) OES dues paid card with my Grandmother's name on it.

Still, I suppose all I really have evidence of is his departure from two sub-groups of Freemasonry and/or my Grandma's decision to stop scrap-booking WRT her husband's many years in The Lodge.

And in short, what would you say that you learned from the book?
I'd say my general outlook on esoteric work and I found the demonology fascinating.

I'm embarrassed to say it hadn't even occurred to me that his demit from the Scottish Rite might not have amounted to his leaving The Lodge altogether.
No worries.

I think what led me to believe it had was the abrupt ending of the scrap-book (with several unused leaflets left), which coincides with the letter's position in it.
He could have demitted from all the bodies at once. Last year the 2nd in command for the Royal Arch Masons in my state demitted from all of Masonry; he had gone on some new meds and his attitudes completely changed.

He could have demitted from all the bodies at once. Last year the 2nd in command for the Royal Arch Masons in my state demitted from all of Masonry; he had gone on some new meds and his attitudes completely changed.

Something like that would certainly fall into the "good reason to do so" category, at least in my book.

As for my Grandpa, he lived for another 10+ years after demitting from the SR, the last 3 or so spent battling cancer; but the major health issues toward the end of his life seem far enough removed to have played a role in his decision.

Besides, it's more fun for me to imagine that he might have become privy toward the end of his tenure to some top-secret tidbit of info that couldn't be reconciled with his conscience. :laugh:

Forum List

Back