Why does Japan have a low crime rate...it is a country of old people...

I will go with law enforcement for gun murder......and one without an anti gun bias....

8,124 for 2014.

I'll go with the organization that cares how many people are dying, and not a bureaucracy that has a history of covering up for police misconduct. Thanks.

So you wingnuts finally over Waco now?

Bill clinton, the rapist and obama the terrorist friend say the number is about 1.5 million defensive gun uses....

I don't care if someone came down from a mountain with stone tablets with that number. It's horseshit because you only have 200 Justifiable homicides with guns by civilians a year. Simply put, you gun nuts aren't going to pull your guns 1,500,000 times and only shoot 200 Darkies.

Nope....he shot a 6' tall thug in training who attacked him and was brutally beating his head against the sidewalk.....you can't tell the truth to save your life, can you joe....

Proving my point. Someone who says shit like that simply isn't going to pass up an opportunity to shoot him a Darkie!!!! That tells me that it just doesn't come up that often.

Yeah...right.....Japanese police can search you whenever they want, when they arrest you there is a 95% chance you will be found guilty........yeah....live in Japan sometime...see how free it is.

Funny, here's the thing.

Japan only imprisons 69,000 people out of a population of 110,000,000.

The United States imprisons 2,000,000 people out of a population of 310,000,000. it seems to me that if a country has a problem with regularly abusing its citizens through the legal system... it's ours.

You never hear about a Japanese dude being sent to prison for life for stealing a slice of Pizza.

Yeah...right.....Japanese police can search you whenever they want, when they arrest you there is a 95% chance you will be found guilty........yeah....live in Japan sometime...see how free it is.

Funny, here's the thing.

The United States imprisons 2,000,000 people out of a population of 310,000,000. it seems to me that if a country has a problem with regularly abusing its citizens through the legal system... it's ours.

You never hear about a Japanese dude being sent to prison for life for stealing a slice of Pizza.

Nope....the Japanese are a collectivist society...the individual means less there....the group is more important.....their police have vast powers, their prosecutors have vast powers...and their judges side with the police and prosecutors over defense attorneys and the criminal......

they get sent to prison for a lot less.....

Funny, here's the thing.

Yeah.....try spending time in a Japanese prison....

https://www.hrw.org/sites/default/files/reports/JAPAN953.PDF

The nature of the abuses differs from those described in most of the prison reports published by Human Rights Watch to date.

The most widespread problems in Japanese prisons have to do with the extreme rigidity of the system and with the lack of the concept that prisoners have any rights at all. Even though most Japanese prisoners live in adequately clean cells, wear adequately clean clothes and do not starve, the extreme fastidiousness of the rules enforced by the draconian discipline, the lack of human contact for extended periods of time, and the very strict limits on contacts with the outside and among prisoners, make the living conditions quite intolerable.

The cumulative effect of all these rules is like a straitjacket forced upon the Japanese prisoner. It is not a straitjacket for his or her protection, however, but a systematic effort to impose regimentation that has no apparent rehabilitative purpose.

Japanese suspects after being apprehended are routinely placed in police detention for up to twenty-three days. During that time they are subjected to lengthy interrogation sessions conducted by the police and the prosecution, which are aimed at obtaining confessions.

Numerous reports indicate that in order to achieve that goal, interrogators apply various forms of pressure, ranging from sheer exhaustion inflicted by the length of these sessions, during which the authorities take turns but the suspect does not leave the room for ten or more hours at a time, to threats, deprivation of food and drink, and violence, in the form of poking, kicking and beating. Prisoners have access to court-appointed counsel only after the

More wonders of Japanese prisons...

Both in detention centers and in prisons, a large proportion of inmates live in single cells that are usually very small and scarcely furnished. Some cells are too short to roll out a futon (a Japanese-style mattress) lengthwise, and the inmate has to place it diagonally. Whether in single or in collective cells, there are strict limits on the number of personal items an inmate is allowed to keep in his or her cell, including objects such as photographs or personal letters. The natural light in the cells is often insufficient, and electricity has to be used all day long. The light switch is almost always outside the cell and is controlled by a guard. A dim light is never turned off during the night. Cells tend to be very stuffy during the summer and very cold in winter (only in the northern island of Hokkaido do prison cells have heating). Reports indicate that prisoners considered troublemakers are often placed in particularly bad cells, that are damp

Funny, here's the thing.

Yeah.....how about this...

Toughest Marijuana Laws Around the World

Japan
The Japanese public generally sees drug use as an admission of deep seated evil. The public get up in arms over people being caught with marijuana, so you are unlikely to be treated with any sympathy. Under the Cannabis Control Law in Japan, being caught with even a single joint can get you a five year prison sentence with some hard labor thrown in for good measure.

try spending time in an American Prison... just ask Sandra Bland.

Silly darkie. Rights are for White People.

again, 69,000 prisoners in Japan vs. 2,000,000 in the US. Someone is doing it right, but it ain't us?

So if guns and prisons make us so safe, why is Japan so safe with few guns or prisons, and we are unsafe with so many....

try spending time in an American Prison... just ask Sandra Bland.

Silly darkie. Rights are for White People.

again, 69,000 prisoners in Japan vs. 2,000,000 in the US. Someone is doing it right, but it ain't us?

So if guns and prisons make us so safe, why is Japan so safe with few guns or prisons, and we are unsafe with so many....

You are only unsafe if you are a criminal.....most of the gun murder victims are criminals shot by other criminals....

Japanese culture, and their law enforcement powers make them safe....you could give every Japanese citizen a gun and they would have the same crime rate....culture, not guns determine crime levels.

You are only unsafe if you are a criminal.....most of the gun murder victims are criminals shot by other criminals....

I've known three victims of gun violence. Not a one of them was a criminal, and I'm pretty tired of paying the 270 billion dollar cost of your fetish.

1.5 million times crimes are stopped....with guns in the hands of normal people.......pays for itself......

1.5 million times crimes are stopped....with guns in the hands of normal people.......pays for itself......

the FBI says there are only 45,000 DGU's a year. But you'll believe them on murders but not DGU's. Interesting.

I think the DGU number is high. It's probably less common than that.

I have bill clinton and barak obama and their actual study by the Justice Department and the CDC.....the FBI only counts bodies and police reports. The research by the Justice Dept. takes into account self defense use that doesn't make it into police reports and police reports that don't make it to the FBI.

bill clinton says 1.5 million.....he isn't the only one either....40 years of research into the subject supports that claim.....

I have bill clinton and barak obama and their actual study by the Justice Department and the CDC.....the FBI only counts bodies and police reports. The research by the Justice Dept. takes into account self defense use that doesn't make it into police reports and police reports that don't make it to the FBI.

bill clinton says 1.5 million.....he isn't the only one either....40 years of research into the subject supports that claim.....

Actually, Clinton said nothing of the sort.

But let's clear this up once and for all. Let's fund a major league gun study that will study EVERY incident of gun violence in the country, and document every "DGU" that isn't just some redneck waiving his gun at his neighbor for playing the music too loud.

The point is, the NRA Cancelled gun studies for a reason. They didn't want them to tell people the truth. Guns aren't useful, they're dangerous to their owners.

But let's clear this up once and for all. Let's fund a major league gun study that will study EVERY incident of gun violence in the country, and document every "DGU" that isn't just some redneck waiving his gun at his neighbor for playing the music too loud.

The point is, the NRA Cancelled gun studies for a reason. They didn't want them to tell people the truth. Guns aren't useful, they're dangerous to their owners.

The gun study that I cite for that 1.5 million defensive gun uses was a study commissioned by bill clinton through his Department of Justice....to disprove Kleck's research....and they failed. They created their own study, the two anti gun researchers, they designed it and implemented it...and came up with 1.5 million defensive gun uses......

And no, the NRA did not stop gun studies...in fact there were the same number or slightly more gun research studies after the CDC got their money back...they were not allowed to propagandize against gun rights......

Guns are incredibly useful.....you are lying.......

I was cruising through extranosalley, a gun blog when I saw a question about Japan...and the answer mentioned the age of criminals and how crime is a young man's game...

so...that led me to look up some stats...and there it was.......Japan is a country of old people......

The majority of their population is over 25, the age where violent criminal behavior starts to end....

% of the population in the age of crime...15-24..... 9.7%

and that is probably the leading reason Japan has so little crime..besides their culture and their police powers....

Japan Demographics Profile 2014
More than 90% belong to one clan.

The gun study that I cite for that 1.5 million defensive gun uses was a study commissioned by bill clinton through his Department of Justice....to disprove Kleck's research....and they failed. They created their own study, the two anti gun researchers, they designed it and implemented it...and came up with 1.5 million defensive gun uses......

And no, the NRA did not stop gun studies...in fact there were the same number or slightly more gun research studies after the CDC got their money back...they were not allowed to propagandize against gun rights......

70% of gun deaths are suicide. Most being white guys in Red States. See? They aren't so bad after all.

70% of gun deaths are suicide. Most being white guys in Red States. See? They aren't so bad after all.

And in Japan....100% of suicides are not committed with a gun....and they have more suicides than we do.......

And your stat is wrong........

How could this have happened, when Congress banned all funding for gun studies after Kellerman? Was this Congress in the Evil Alternate Universe that gun nuts come from?

Forum List

Back