Why does the Amtrak train still look like a 1950's body style design ?

The Right won't allow modern high speed rail.

Only idiot liberals can come up with a reason to build high-speed rail that will never make money and just suck tax dollars right out of your wallet.
. You sure it won't make money ? How do you know ? If it is fast and sleek enough, you would ride it out of curiosity now wouldn't you ? I know I would.

Studies have been done. The numbers simply do not work.

Only idiot liberals can come up with a reason to build high-speed rail that will never make money and just suck tax dollars right out of your wallet.
. You sure it won't make money ? How do you know ? If it is fast and sleek enough, you would ride it out of curiosity now wouldn't you ? I know I would.

. All depending on the studies, and who conducted those studies right ?

. All depending on the studies, and who conducted those studies right ?

Nope. Any idiot can see that it would be a huge boondoggle to spend tax dollars to support something no one would use simply because it would never be cost effective without incredibly costly infrastructure and massive operating subsidies.

In Jacksonville, FL, we have a Skyway that runs through downtown. It became known as the "Riderless Express" because no one used it. It was costing the taxpayers millions in subsidies, so what did they do? They made it free! Ridership increased, but so did wear and tear on the system, requiring even more money to operate. Now it is entirely taxpayer supported.

So that's the reason you want high speed trains? So we can be more like other countries? That seems to be the Democrat's argument for everything they desire.
And you want to live in the past, right?

TGV Map of All the lines
tgv-stations-map.jpg

You take a choo choo train from New York to Los Angles I would rather fly a jet.

I will see you in a few days.

. Should be all in preference there of, and some people don't have to be in the hurry as much as others are, so they may enjoy what ever form of transportation they choose to use in life.

Well go ahead and take a choo choo train or greyhound for all I care, don't try to sucker in the tax payers paying for a useless train at 62 million bucks a mile that no one will use.
Who said anything about suckering people ? There might be millions who would surprise you as to what they will donate too in order to modernize sectors of this nations infrastructure. Don't count them out, unless you feel your going to be asked to carry the weight of it all with a statement like that. This nation could do wonders if it wanted to, but for some reason it acts like it just can't when actually it can.

Amtrak has never made any money, it is a big moo moo cash cow.

You can not compare America to say Germany, it is like the size of Montana with 80 million people?????

WOW, they still have trains? I live in Denver near a NEW light rail station. What a nightmare. Noise, and the property rates randomly go up and down on the city's whim, all pandering to contractor's needs, not the citizens. Funny, nobody in the area wanted this, but hey, we are poor and we get what the city managers tell us we want.

TGV Map of All the lines
tgv-stations-map.jpg

You take a choo choo train from New York to Los Angles I would rather fly a jet.

. Should be all in preference there of, and some people don't have to be in the hurry as much as others are, so they may enjoy what ever form of transportation they choose to use in life.

Well go ahead and take a choo choo train or greyhound for all I care, don't try to sucker in the tax payers paying for a useless train at 62 million bucks a mile that no one will use.
Who said anything about suckering people ? There might be millions who would surprise you as to what they will donate too in order to modernize sectors of this nations infrastructure. Don't count them out, unless you feel your going to be asked to carry the weight of it all with a statement like that. This nation could do wonders if it wanted to, but for some reason it acts like it just can't when actually it can.

You can not compare America to say Germany, it is like the size of Montana with 80 million people?????

TGV Map of All the lines
tgv-stations-map.jpg

TGV Map of All the lines
tgv-stations-map.jpg

The Right uses the size of countries to fight universal health care, too. WTF?

So that's the reason you want high speed trains? So we can be more like other countries? That seems to be the Democrat's argument for everything they desire.

The problem is democrats are too stupid to see whats right in front of them.

Look at countries who have high speed rail. They are VERY populated countries. They don't have cars at the rate we do and don't have roads like we do. A lot of our population lives and works out in the middle of nowhere.

Our population is far more spread out than these other countries. Amtrak is losing enough money, we don't need anything else.

Look at countries who have high speed rail. They are VERY populated countries. They don't have cars at the rate we do and don't have roads like we do. A lot of our population lives and works out in the middle of nowhere.

Our population is far more spread out than these other countries. Amtrak is losing enough money, we don't need anything else.
You don't travel much, do you?

The Right uses the size of countries to fight universal health care, too. WTF?

Who said anything about universal health care? Stay focused will you?

Its obvious you don't.

What is also never mentioned is that when you have a 200-300 mph high speed train, you can also make it a 200-300 mph freight train. Imagine items unloaded in Long Beach on Monday being in Chicago that afternoon instead of waiting for a truck to haul the container 3-4 days using the interstates. Or stuff made in Chicago on Monday being put onto a freighter bound for China that afternoon.

Intermodal transportation is a magic bullet in many regards. It is eco friendly, reduced traffic on the roadways, drives down repair costs t the Interstates, actually employs more drivers on shorter trips from the terminal to the points of sale….

Enhancing the freight with passengers who choose to avoid the nuisance of flight and the difficult connectors would only help the matters.

Of course, partisan dumbfucks on the right can’t imagine anything….

I rode Amtrak last year....Seattle/Portland round trip. I enjoyed it. Oldish cars and dated...but...kind of refreshing to unplug a bit from Modern times with a train, coffee and newspaper. Cheaper than air and no hassle of driving.

Trump is right. We can save money by not being the world police for SKorea Japan and Europe or make them pay us.

Use that money to build better light rail trains. Right libs?? Oh...no...Now you all like being world police!!!???

Its obvious you don't.

Actually, I do. I've enjoyed much of Europe on trains while enjoying the scenery that would otherwise be flyover country.

TGV Map of All the lines
tgv-stations-map.jpg

How about China, it's gigantic.

What is also never mentioned is that when you have a 200-300 mph high speed train, you can also make it a 200-300 mph freight train. Imagine items unloaded in Long Beach on Monday being in Chicago that afternoon instead of waiting for a truck to haul the container 3-4 days using the interstates. Or stuff made in Chicago on Monday being put onto a freighter bound for China that afternoon.

Intermodal transportation is a magic bullet in many regards. It is eco friendly, reduced traffic on the roadways, drives down repair costs t the Interstates, actually employs more drivers on shorter trips from the terminal to the points of sale….

Enhancing the freight with passengers who choose to avoid the nuisance of flight and the difficult connectors would only help the matters.

You made a good argument all the way until the end, when you proved you were just another hateful liberal.

You made a good argument all the way until the end, when you proved you were just another hateful liberal.

Hateful liberal? Conservatives oppose the nationwide rail system everytime it is brought up (this thread included). Sorry….its a fact.

It's Time For National High Speed Rail

High Speed Rail Between LA and Vegas

Why Japan’s Bullet Train Will Finally Bring High-Speed Rail to America

Mebbe so when dey crash...

... dey don't have problems findin' replacement parts.

CANDYCORN SAID: Of course, partisan dumbfucks on the right can’t imagine anything….

I said you were hateful, not because of the facts of what you said, but for the way you said it.

CANDYCORN SAID: Of course, partisan dumbfucks on the right can’t imagine anything….

I said you were hateful, not because of the facts of what you said, but for the way you said it.

sorry bout that….

When the facts bear out what I said though…it would seem as thought I am not the one who should be sorry.

sorry bout that….

When the facts bear out what I said though…it would seem as thought I am not the one who should be sorry.
Candycorn, I oppose the project because I see it is as nothing more than an opportunity for corruption, graft, and greed. Read this:

Dirty Business as Usual at California High Speed Rail

Forum List

Back