Why does the Bible have authority?

The Bible has the same authority as To Kill A Mockingbird,..

100% stupid of course. Is there one human being on earth who would agree Mockingbird is read as much as the Bible???
PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

I've often envisioned Jesus having a face palm when left loons start trying to use the Bible
Why, he was so left at times people, including his family, thought him insane.

You do not need an ancient book to know what is right and wrong,.
too stupid!! of course you do because the idea did not really occur to mankind until Jesus and Bible spread. You simple lack the IQ to know that your friends are imitating religious behavior.
You lack the education to know humans did good and right things in their communities long before religion existed. Each culture is 100% positive it has the answers to the nature of reality and "God", religions are created to enforce their views, kill, enslave, do good things, bad things, all in the name of God. Your claim that man never went out to assist those in their communities "until Jesus and Bible spread" shows your ignorance. The Bible is full of great things to lead one's life but millions of people are productive citizens not using it. To claim everyone is "imitating religious behavior" is absurd.

100% stupid of course. Is there one human being on earth who would agree Mockingbird is read as much as the Bible???
PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

I've often envisioned Jesus having a face palm when left loons start trying to use the Bible
The christian right claims the ultimate right to interpretation of the scriptures and that shit just cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. I am a liberal because I read the bible and after a lifetime of study I still have not found the part that says the government cannot ever be allowed to reflect our christian values of service to the downtrodden, the sick and the needy. Care to point it out?

PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

The christian right claims the ultimate right to interpretation of the scriptures and that shit just cannot be allowed to go unchallenged. I am a liberal because I read the bible and after a lifetime of study I still have not found the part that says the government cannot ever be allowed to reflect our christian values of service to the downtrodden, the sick and the needy. Care to point it out?

Who said it did or didn't?

PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

The right simultaneously claims divine guidance and is engaged in efforts to snatch away the social safety net. Since you seem to think the left has no right to even mention the bible I thought you might offer some insight on how you guys hear the words of Jesus and then try to destroy the best solution to sickness and hunger mankind has ever produced.

PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

The right simultaneously claims divine guidance and is engaged in efforts to snatch away the social safety net. Since you seem to think the left has no right to even mention the bible I thought you might offer some insight on how you guys hear the words of Jesus and then try to destroy the best solution to sickness and hunger mankind has ever produced.

:uhh::uhh:

kg does not, never has, and if she does not change, will never understand the true message of Jesus

PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

Are you smoking crack?

PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

Are you smoking crack?

Oh wait, never mind, you're one of those "occupied" fruit loops that want everything handed to them. No dice, I owe you nothing, nada, zilch

I would like to ask you a Simple question, maybe you've heard it before. The Bible is the primary source of Christian knowledge, some Christians take it literally, others don't, some pick and choose.
But what gives it its authority?
It seems to me that the authority of the Bible is given by itself, which makes no sense to me. It says it's the word of God, therefore it is? I don't understand how it is given more weight than other religious texts from other religions.
Does Bible have a weight in our life?
Bible%20Love.jpg

Would the Quran be a better option?

W
PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

Which solution would that be? Are you referring to the trillion+ dollars spent In the failed war on poverty?

W
PissMyPants is insane.

Pity him.

Jesus would.

Which solution would that be? Are you referring to the trillion+ dollars spent In the failed war on poverty?

I've got no problem giving so someone can get a leg up, but getting that leg up shouldn't be a career. People who are able to work should be limited as to the time they can receive benefits (and I'm not talking like 5-10 years)

Are you smoking crack?

Oh wait, never mind, you're one of those "occupied" fruit loops that want everything handed to them. No dice, I owe you nothing, nada, zilch
I notice you made no attempt to reconcile the paradox of the "Christian" right, supposed disciples of Jesus, not giving a fuck about the sickness and hunger in our nation and jealously trying to hoard every cent. It's because there is no righteous biblical basis for caring more about your personal wealth than the misery of the world.

W

I've got no problem giving so someone can get a leg up, but getting that leg up shouldn't be a career. People who are able to work should be limited as to the time they can receive benefits (and I'm not talking like 5-10 years)
I always wonder how many people would find a job if their benefits were stopped. Only way we'll ever get a handle on the situation would be to quit giving so much money away. You don't work, you don't eat. If you can't work, there are other options besides a government check.

Are you smoking crack?

I notice you made no attempt to reconcile the paradox of the "Christian" right, supposed disciples of Jesus, not giving a fuck about the sickness and hunger in our nation and jealously trying to hoard every cent. It's because there is righteous no biblical basis for caring more about your personal wealth than the misery of the world.

You confuse wanting to cut waste and cull those that don't need assistance from the rolls with "Not giving a fuck about the needy". Learn what conservatives believe then spew your age old talking points

Are you smoking crack?

I notice you made no attempt to reconcile the paradox of the "Christian" right, supposed disciples of Jesus, not giving a fuck about the sickness and hunger in our nation and jealously trying to hoard every cent. It's because there is righteous no biblical basis for caring more about your personal wealth than the misery of the world.

You confuse wanting to cut waste and cull those that don't need assistance from the rolls with "Not giving a fuck about the needy". Learn what conservatives believe then spew your age old talking points
Talking points are all they have. Not one original thought from the lot of them.

Forum List

Back