Why does the left continue to HUMILIATE themselves on the WMD issue?

Next we'll be hearing that when Bush and others sold the war on threats of a 'mushroom cloud',

he was really talking about real mushrooms that grow out of the ground.

Another quote from Condi which you dishonest liberal hacks take way the fuck out of context.

What she actually said was simple, straightforward and really indisputable:

The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly Saddam can acquire nuclear weapons. But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.
Condoleezza Rice
Umm, that's not how Bush portrayed it ...

"America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." ~ George Bush

... there was no "gathering threat" from from Saddam Hussein that could have led to a mushroom cloud. He had no active nuclear program.

Next we'll be hearing that when Bush and others sold the war on threats of a 'mushroom cloud',

he was really talking about real mushrooms that grow out of the ground.

Another quote from Condi which you dishonest liberal hacks take way the fuck out of context.

The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly Saddam can acquire nuclear weapons. But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud.
Condoleezza Rice

"America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof, the smoking gun that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud." ~ George Bush

... there was no "gathering threat" from from Saddam Hussein that could have led to a mushroom cloud. He had no active nuclear program.

Uhm. When you have to distort the record to make you "point," you have already lost.

Do you recall nothing of the belief that Saddam had sought yellowcake?

Did you buy the simplistic bullshit from Valerie Plame and her ex-Ambassador Asshole Husband, Joey?

Are you really that incapable of grasping that the effort to acquire yellowcake (which is not even in doubt) implies a desire to create nuclear weapons?

Do you have no capacity to grasp that after 9/11/2001 it dawned on many people that there were some risks that it wasn't worth taking?

There is, also, no significant or substantive difference between how Condi said it and the way President Bush said it.

"Why does the left continue to HUMILIATE themselves on the WMD issue?"

Force of habit.

Condoleezza Rice

Uhm. When you have to distort the record to make you "point," you have already lost.

Did you buy the simplistic bullshit from Valerie Plame and her ex-Ambassador Asshole Husband, Joey?

Are you really that incapable of grasping that the effort to acquire yellowcake (which is not even in doubt) implies a desire to create nuclear weapons?

Do you have no capacity to grasp that after 9/11/2001 it dawned on many people that there were some risks that it wasn't worth taking?

There is, also, no significant or substantive difference between how Condi said it and the way President Bush said it.
There was no effort to purchase yellowcake. That was based on a forged document and a meeting between Iraqis and the Nigerian PM, who said he thought the Iraqis wanted to meet with him to inquire about purchasing yellowcake, but that it was never actually discussed. Again, there was no active nuclear program, therefore, there was no "gathering threat."

There was no effort to purchase yellowcake. That was based on a forged document and a meeting between Iraqis and the Nigerian PM, who said he thought the Iraqis wanted to meet with him to inquire about purchasing yellowcake, but that it was never actually discussed. Again, there was no active nuclear program, therefore, there was no "gathering threat."

Wrong. The CLAIM that there WAS no effort to [purchase yellow cake is what is false.

There is, in reality, no question but that some representatives of the Iraqi Government DID seek to purchase yellowcake.

You need to get your head out of your ass. All you can see up there is liberal propaganda and other shit.

Last edited:
To be clear, this is hands down the most absurd comment I've seen on USMB. It's not a coincidence you have no links to back up your outrageous claim.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I can't stop laughing my ass off over this. It exemplifies perfectly what an imbecile you are.

What I posted, according to you, was "the most absurd comment" you've ever seen here. "The most absurd comment" ... "hands down!"

... and that I had "no links to back up [my] outrageous claim"

"no links!"

"outrageous claim!"

"the most absurd comment" ever seen on USMB

"hands down!"

... then much to your dismay, not only did I really have a link which quoted the comment you said was, "hands down the most absurd comment seen on USMB," .... but that link came from YOU!!

Last edited:
Oh, my!

I got that information from YOU!

Turns out, YOU posted "the most absurd comment" you've ever seen here!

LMAO!!!

How effin' funny is that??

Oh, and by the way, if you want a link to that, just look at your first post -- that's where I got it from. Here's some free advice -- read what you post.

LMAO!

Uh - I just read it again - and NO WHERE in my post do I say that. No where.

This is how you know that you are losing a debate - you have to LIE.

Do me a favor, copy me entire post word-for-word and then highlight the part where I said that.... Can't do it? Yeah, didn't think so....

Too bad you answer your own question; it makes you look like a fool. Of course I can do it ...

From your first post:

An indisputable fact. That fact has been confirmed by none other than the radical left-wing propaganda machine of the dumbocrat party - MSNBC (see link below which was initially on MSNBC's website and has since been migrated to the NBC website since the split).

Sarin-loaded bomb explodes in Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

... from your link ...

[Brig. Gen. Mark] Kimmitt said he believed that insurgents who planted the explosive didn’t know it contained the nerve agent.

... so yeah, I got that information from YOU! LMAO!! And you still haven't answered my question ... how effin' funny is it that "the most absurd comment" you've ever seen ever here came from you??

Now let's see if you have any character; for if you do, you will apologize for falsely claiming that I lied. :eusa_whistle:

No - you're pointing at an article written by someone else after claiming I posted that. So now you're caught in a lie.

What I post are the words I write (someone else's writing on another web site do not constitute "my posts") - and NO where was that written by me (including in the link itself).

How embarrassing for you...

A first tidbit from (of all sources) Wiki.

Criticism

Former Ambassador Wilson had claimed that he found no evidence of Saddam Hussein ever attempting or buying yellowcake uranium from Niger on his trip to Niger.

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence suggested that the evidence Wilson found could be interpreted differently:
“

[Wilson's] intelligence report indicated that former Nigerien Prime Minister Ibrahim Mayaki was unaware of any contracts that had been signed between Niger and any rogue states for the sale of yellowcake while he was Prime Minister (1997-1999) or Foreign Minister (1996-1997). Mayaki said that if there had been any such contract during his tenure, he would have been aware of it. Mayaki said, however, that in June 1999, (REDACTED) businessman, approached him and insisted that Mayaki meet with an Iraqi delegation to discuss "expanding commercial relations" between Niger and Iraq. The intelligence report said that Mayaki interpreted 'expanding commercial relations' to mean that the delegation wanted to discuss uranium yellowcake sales. The intelligence report also said that "although the meeting took place, Mayaki let the matter drop due to the UN sanctions on Iraq".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niger_uranium_forgeries#Criticism

And by the way, Niger wasn't famous for many products if you don't count yellow cake and some weird form of onion.

There is, in reality, no question but that some representaqtibves of the Iraqi Government DID seek to purchase yellowcake.
Prove it.

I will.

But let's do this first.

Since YOU made the original claim ("it was a forged document"), why don't YOU prove that, to get us rolling?

Ok, hot shot?

:doubt:
Sure ... the IAEA identified them as forged ...

Fake Iraq documents 'embarrassing' for U.S.

Intelligence documents that U.S. and British governments said were strong evidence that Iraq was developing nuclear weapons have been dismissed as forgeries by U.N. weapons inspectors.

The documents, given to International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei, indicated that Iraq might have tried to buy 500 tons of uranium from Niger, but the agency said they were "obvious" fakes.

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell referred to the documents directly in his presentation to the U.N. Security Council outlining the Bush administration's case against Iraq.

... and the source of the forgeries was later identified ...

Source of Forged Niger-Iraq Uranium Documents Identified

Italy's spymaster identified an Italian occasional spy named Rocco Martino on Thursday as the disseminator of forged documents that described efforts by Iraq to buy uranium ore from Niger for a nuclear weapons program, three lawmakers said Thursday.

Prove it.

I will.

But let's do this first.

Since YOU made the original claim ("it was a forged document"), why don't YOU prove that, to get us rolling?

Ok, hot shot?

Intelligence documents that U.S. and British governments said were strong evidence that Iraq was developing nuclear weapons have been dismissed as forgeries by U.N. weapons inspectors.

The documents, given to International Atomic Energy Agency Director General Mohamed ElBaradei, indicated that Iraq might have tried to buy 500 tons of uranium from Niger, but the agency said they were "obvious" fakes.

U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell referred to the documents directly in his presentation to the U.N. Security Council outlining the Bush administration's case against Iraq.

Italy's spymaster identified an Italian occasional spy named Rocco Martino on Thursday as the disseminator of forged documents that described efforts by Iraq to buy uranium ore from Niger for a nuclear weapons program, three lawmakers said Thursday.

The documents might have been forged, and I am content to assume that they were.

And?

That does NOT (as you falsely claimed) mean that the claim that Iraq had sought yellowcake was BASED on those forgeries.

And we know (as I have already posted) that Iraq evidently DID seek additional yellowcake.

Plus we know that after the war we had to remove about 550 tons of yellowcake FROM Iraq.

We ALSO KNOW that Saddam had been attempting to build nuclear reactors.

So, do you have anything of merit to offer?

Last edited:
Uh - I just read it again - and NO WHERE in my post do I say that. No where.

This is how you know that you are losing a debate - you have to LIE.

Do me a favor, copy me entire post word-for-word and then highlight the part where I said that.... Can't do it? Yeah, didn't think so....

Too bad you answer your own question; it makes you look like a fool. Of course I can do it ...

From your first post:

An indisputable fact. That fact has been confirmed by none other than the radical left-wing propaganda machine of the dumbocrat party - MSNBC (see link below which was initially on MSNBC's website and has since been migrated to the NBC website since the split).

Sarin-loaded bomb explodes in Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

... from your link ...

[Brig. Gen. Mark] Kimmitt said he believed that insurgents who planted the explosive didn’t know it contained the nerve agent.

... so yeah, I got that information from YOU! LMAO!! And you still haven't answered my question ... how effin' funny is it that "the most absurd comment" you've ever seen ever here came from you??

Now let's see if you have any character; for if you do, you will apologize for falsely claiming that I lied. :eusa_whistle:

No - you're pointing at an article written by someone else after claiming I posted that. So now you're caught in a lie.

What I post are the words I write (someone else's writing on another web site do not constitute "my posts") - and NO where was that written by me (including in the link itself).

How embarrassing for you...
Holy shit! You must really believe that the bigger the font, the more believable you'll be! I bet your eyes were bulging out of their sockets as you typed that!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I never said you personally authored that comment; nor did I say I was quoting you. I said you posted the comment, which you did by posting the link to the article which contained it. Think, dunce, how did I find that comment if you didn't post it?

And idiot, what you post are not just the words you author, but the links you post and the quotes from others you post. Anything in your post is in your post because you posted it. :eusa_doh:

And if there's anything embarrassing for me, it's being a member of the same species as someone like you.

I will.

But let's do this first.

Ok, hot shot?

The documents might have been forged, and I am content to assume that they were.

And?

That does NOT (as you falsely claimed) mean that the claim that Iraq had sought yellowcake was BASED on those forgeries.

And we know (as I have already posted) tht Iraq evidently DID seek additional yellowcake.

Plus we know that after the war we had to remove about 550 tons of yellowcake FROM Iraq.

The 550 tons of yellowcake were known about from long before and was not proof that Iraq was seeking to purchase yellowcake around the time we invaded. That yellowcake was from when Hussein started his nuclear program in the late 70's/early 80's. It was seized by U.N. weapons inspectors after the first Gulf War and after Bush went into Iraq, that yellowcake was found in the same location and condition as when it was first sealed by the U.N. more than a decade earlier.

At any rate, I'm still waiting for you to prove your claim.

[edit: I just noticed your post #212, so I'm no longer waiting. I will respond to it later]

Last edited:

And?

And we know (as I have already posted) tht Iraq evidently DID seek additional yellowcake.

The 550 tons of yellowcake were known about from long before and was not proof that Iraq was seeking to purchase yellowcake around the time we invaded. That yellowcake was from when Hussein started his nuclear program in the late 70's/early 80's. It was seized by U.N. weapons inspectors after the first Gulf War and after Bush went into Iraq, that yellowcake was found in the same location and condition as when it was first sealed by the U.N. more than a decade earlier.

At any rate, I'm still waiting for you to prove your claim.

Unlike you, I already have.

Go back. Re-read. For example, START here: http://www.usmessageboard.com/6881685-post212.html

Open your diminutive little "mind." Try to get your first glimmer of education beyond the propaganda you suckle at the tit of liberal media.

Last edited:
I will.

But let's do this first.

Ok, hot shot?

And?

And we know (as I have already posted) that Iraq evidently DID seek additional yellowcake.

Turn off Fox
It's Bad New for America

France was building a Nuclear Power Plant in Iraq like the ones it built Israel years before. It began in 1976.

The Uranium ore was in Iraq at the time Israel bombed the shit out of that plant.

So yes in a way you are correct, Iraq did seek yellowcake for it's nuclear reactor, in the 70's

And?

Turn off Fox
It's Bad New for America

France was building a Nuclear Power Plant in Iraq like the ones it built Israel years before. It began in 1976.

The Uranium ore was in Iraq at the time Israel bombed the shit out of that plant.

So yes in a way you are correct, Iraq did seek yellowcake for it's nuclear reactor, in the 70's

Stop listening to CNN. It's bad for whatever tiny bit of "mind" you have left in your head.

YES, Iraq did have nuclear ambitions and yes they did seek to procure additional yellowcake and no it was not to create "clean" energy in a land sitting on large oil deposits. It was for weaponry.

And while we know they had one in the 1970's that does not preclude the notion that they wanted to build one again.

Try using your mind and not simply relying on your comic-book liberal stereotypes.

A first tidbit from (of all sources) Wiki.

Criticism

Former Ambassador Wilson had claimed that he found no evidence of Saddam Hussein ever attempting or buying yellowcake uranium from Niger on his trip to Niger.

The Senate Select Committee on Intelligence suggested that the evidence Wilson found could be interpreted differently:
“

[Wilson's] intelligence report indicated that former Nigerien Prime Minister Ibrahim Mayaki was unaware of any contracts that had been signed between Niger and any rogue states for the sale of yellowcake while he was Prime Minister (1997-1999) or Foreign Minister (1996-1997). Mayaki said that if there had been any such contract during his tenure, he would have been aware of it. Mayaki said, however, that in June 1999, (REDACTED) businessman, approached him and insisted that Mayaki meet with an Iraqi delegation to discuss "expanding commercial relations" between Niger and Iraq. The intelligence report said that Mayaki interpreted 'expanding commercial relations' to mean that the delegation wanted to discuss uranium yellowcake sales. The intelligence report also said that "although the meeting took place, Mayaki let the matter drop due to the UN sanctions on Iraq".
Niger uranium forgeries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And by the way, Niger wasn't famous for many products if you don't count yellow cake and some weird form of onion.
Who knows why you call Joe Wilson's version of events, "bullshit,", but then rely on his word as proof that Iraq was seeking to purchase yellowcake, but be that as it may, you merely reiterated what I said earlier in post #204:

"There was no effort to purchase yellowcake. That was based on a forged document and a meeting between Iraqis and the Nigerian PM, who said he thought the Iraqis wanted to meet with him to inquire about purchasing yellowcake, but that it was never actually discussed." ~ faun, 2.27.2013

Well, I'm sorry, but not discussing the purchase of Uranium is not evidence of an intent to purchase Uranium.

Now you said you would prove ... so prove it ...

Forum List

Back