Why does the left hate our religion?

Why are selected denominations of the Christian faith so insistent that their interpretations of the teachings of Christ are the only acceptable interpretations? To imply liberals are not Christians or can not be valid Christians shows a radical extremism that disqualifies the attackers as being valid themselves.

To think that Christians call abortion murder and then turn around and vote for people to advocate it means that they convict themselves as an accomplice

It would be akin to "Christians' voting for Nazis in Germany.

The Left hates what comes from a Higher Power

What is the right thing to do

That what your consciousness tells you it's right.

I am beginning to think the left is the Antichrist ...well...almost you know.... scum that they are

Where are you Jeremiah.... where are you ...you are missed

I am beginning to think the left is the Antichrist ...well...almost you know.... scum that they are

At one time, collectivists claimed to be god. Then when that went out of style, they claimed to speak for God. Then when that went out of style, they claimed there is no God, thus making themselves the ultimate authority once again.

Speaking of doing what is right, those of faith are far more likely to give their time and money to charity to help those in need. Conversely, liberals gravitate towards atheism, and try to ease their guilt by having the government try to force them to help contribute towards helping those in need.

Sad, but true.

At one time, collectivists claimed to be god. Then when that went out of style, they claimed to speak for God. Then when that went out of style, they claimed there is no God, thus making themselves the ultimate authority once again.

Speaking of doing what is right, those of faith are far more likely to give their time and money to charity to help those in need. Conversely, liberals gravitate towards atheism, and try to ease their guilt by having the government try to force them to help contribute towards helping those in need.

Sad, but true.

We saw how much they wanted to help those in need when they advocated shooting those refugee children on sight. I'm sure Jesus would be proud.

Why are selected denominations of the Christian faith so insistent that their interpretations of the teachings of Christ are the only acceptable interpretations? To imply liberals are not Christians or can not be valid Christians shows a radical extremism that disqualifies the attackers as being valid themselves.

To think that Christians call abortion murder and then turn around and vote for people to advocate it means that they convict themselves as an accomplice

It would be akin to "Christians' voting for Nazis in Germany.
1. Not all Christians equate abortion to murder.
2. A lot of Christians did vote for Nazis in Germany. A lot of Christians vote for authoritarian types here in America.

Before Christ there was Rome with its absence of family, whore houses on every corner, and blood sport Coliseum. After Christ there was the 10 commandments and the marital vow to love, honor, obey, and cherish your family.

Indeed, Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization but sadly a liberal will lack the IQ to understand and so fear Christianity more than Islam even when Islam has vowed to cut our heads off while we are still alive.

The OP is time-wise so out of wack, I have strong doubts the poster ever read the Bible. And to top it off, three people agreed with the OP, obviously they never read the Bible either.
The Ten Commandments came long before Jesus. Jesus was the son of God and God created Earth and it's first inhabitants.
The rest of this is just plain babbling by Edward.
Regarding Christianity, both liberal and conservative like to expound certain things in the Bible but ignore other things all because of their narrow ideologies. In order to be a true Christian, you must follow all things that God/Jesus have told us. Cherry picking God's Word for your own purpose is an insult to to God.

Before Christ there was Rome with its absence of family, whore houses on every corner, and blood sport Coliseum. After Christ there was the 10 commandments and the marital vow to love, honor, obey, and cherish your family.

Indeed, Christ created civilization on earth and is still the source of civilization but sadly a liberal will lack the IQ to understand and so fear Christianity more than Islam even when Islam has vowed to cut our heads off while we are still alive.

I love your Christ but I hate your Christians because your Christians are unlike your Christ.

Mahatma Gandhi

I'm an atheist, a stone cold one at that. But I've never had a problem with any one who is religious. I find it odd, in fact, that so many fellow atheists seemingly go out of their way to belittle those who believe, whatever their faith may be.

It could have a little bit to do with the belittling coming from religious nuts, and the crazy things bible thumpers on school boards are trying to do to education. Most of the things can just be ignored considering the source, but when they start demanding everyone be governed by their religious beliefs, it's time to push back.

I'm an atheist, a stone cold one at that. But I've never had a problem with any one who is religious. I find it odd, in fact, that so many fellow atheists seemingly go out of their way to belittle those who believe, whatever their faith may be.

It could have a little bit to do with the belittling coming from religious nuts, and the crazy things bible thumpers on school boards are trying to do to education. Most of the things can just be ignored considering the source, but when they start demanding everyone be governed by their religious beliefs, it's time to push back.

Never in all of my life have I ever directly been harassed, annoyed, inconvenienced, or in any way the slightest bit bothered by anyone from any faith for any reason remotely relating to religion in any way. I often hear people saying that. No direct experience with it myself, however.

Lucky you. Most can't say the same.

I resented prayers during school assemblies, done because the Headmaster was a Christian nutter.

Never in all of my life have I ever directly been harassed, annoyed, inconvenienced, or in any way the slightest bit bothered by anyone from any faith for any reason remotely relating to religion in any way. I often hear people saying that. No direct experience with it myself, however.

Lucky you. Most can't say the same.

I'd be curious to hear some specific examples if you wouldn't mind?

If you aren't already aware of it, I have no desire to give you a list.

The Ten Commandments came long before Jesus.

Yes dear the Jews came along before Christ, but it was the Christians who took over the Roman Empire and established Western Civilization using theretofore unpopularized ideas.

Do you see why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance or practiced by those with a low IQ?

Unfair.

Who could dislike that which comes from the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Sauce be upon Him) and his noodly appendages?

the left does hate the higher ligitimacy of God's natural law. They want to leave room for more modern thinking like HIlter's Stalin's and Mao's, and now ISIL's. A liberal is not afraid to experiment!

. Cherry picking God's Word for your own purpose is an insult to to God.

too stupid the op does not cherry pick but rather states that Christianity established Western Civilization as Roman liberalism was defeated and declined. Do you understand now?

The Ten Commandments came long before Jesus.

Yes dear the Jews came along before Christ, but it was the Christians who took over the Roman Empire and established Western Civilization using theretofore unpopularized ideas.

Do you see why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance or practiced by those with a low IQ?

You say that because rush told you to. It has nothing to do with facts. You don't really want to start comparing ignorance do you?

Unfair.

Who could dislike that which comes from the Flying Spaghetti Monster (Sauce be upon Him) and his noodly appendages?

the left does hate the higher ligitimacy of God's natural law. They want to leave room for more modern thinking like HIlter's Stalin's and Mao's, and now ISIL's. A liberal is not afraid to experiment!
Your last two posts prove only one thing:
1. You are young and terribly ignorant.
2. You are old and terribly ignorant.

Unfair.

Your last two posts prove only one thing:
1. You are young and terribly ignorant.
2. You are old and terribly ignorant.

Rule No. 4. When lacking a coherent or cogent response, attack the poster.

Well done.

Forum List

Back