🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Why Does the USA Ignore Some Disasters -

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
While Making a Big Deal out of Others?

A question my wife asked me this morning while we watched stories of the massive destruction in Asia.

Our neighbor to the south has recently suffered greatly from severe weather and our media approaches it with a ho hum attitude. Why don't we put the same emphasis on our neighbors as we do those on the other side of the world?

A question my wife asked me this morning while we watched stories of the massive destruction in Asia.

Our neighbor to the south has recently suffered greatly from severe weather and our media approaches it with a ho hum attitude. Why don't we put the same emphasis on our neighbors as we do those on the other side of the world?
Your "neighbor to the south" is vague. Are you talking about someone you know down the road, another state, or another country?

I've noticed the response to the hurricane in the Philippines was immediate and is substantial (Marines are deployed). But I'm recalling the Katrina disaster when we saw helpless people stranded on rooftops and trapped in a convention center with no food, no water, and not even a package of aspirin. And the sonofabitch posing as a President, George W. Bush, did absolutely nothing for those people. Nothing!

Worse, not a single media voice (that I heard) rose to question why at least one helicopter, whether National Guard, police, or Marine Corps, couldn't be used to lower bottled water and some MREs to those suffering humans? They were ignored. And that was right here in the U.S.

No, I'm talking about Mexico and other Central American countries that suffer major natural disasters and get almost no media coverage or any efforts to provide "humanitarian relief".

What severe weather are you referring to?
If your are talking about some areas in South America they don't want us to help them.
The people in the Philippines asked us for help.

Your "neighbor to the south" is vague. Are you talking about someone you know down the road, another state, or another country?

I've noticed the response to the hurricane in the Philippines was immediate and is substantial (Marines are deployed). But I'm recalling the Katrina disaster when we saw helpless people stranded on rooftops and trapped in a convention center with no food, no water, and not even a package of aspirin. And the sonofabitch posing as a President, George W. Bush, did absolutely nothing for those people. Nothing!

Worse, not a single media voice (that I heard) rose to question why at least one helicopter, whether National Guard, police, or Marine Corps, couldn't be used to lower bottled water and some MREs to those suffering humans? They were ignored. And that was right here in the U.S.

You know that during Katrina the State Governor a Dem had to ask for the Federal aid and she asked for it late.

No, I'm talking about Mexico and other Central American countries that suffer major natural disasters and get almost no media coverage or any efforts to provide "humanitarian relief".

Example? Link?

Example? Link?

How about this?

https://www.google.com/search?newwi....0....0...1c.1.31.serp..6.46.3296.rVhTX-hhmP4

I watched pictures of the major damage done from some of these storms on Latino tv that NEVER made it into the American media!!!!!

Example? Link?

How about this?

https://www.google.com/search?newwi....0....0...1c.1.31.serp..6.46.3296.rVhTX-hhmP4

I watched pictures of the major damage done from some of these storms on Latino tv that NEVER made it into the American media!!!!!

Your link is to a Google search? How very precise... :rolleyes:

In the first five listings on your Google search I saw only two storms mentioned - both of which were being tracked by AMERICAN technology. This info was no doubt shared with our neighbor to the south. Those two "disasters" weren't even hurricanes; they were tropical storms, at least one of which had weakened to a tropical depression by the time it made landfall. Not exactly the equivalent of what happened to the Philippines and Vietnam.

Example? Link?

How about this?

CNN and Fox News had it.
Mexico did not ask for American aid or help.

hurricane-manuel-ingrid-mexico-destroyed-homes_71858_600x450.jpg

hurricane-manuel-ingrid-mexico-looking-for-landslide-victims_71863_600x450.jpg

Forum List

Back