Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

revenue has increased after ever major tax cut

I guess if you think the deficit doesn’t matter then have fun with that lol
With all due respect, Billy? It isn't that our Federal Government isn't getting an incredible amount of revenue each and every year...it's that they spend what they get at a greater rate with each passing year. That's on both parties. We obviously need to cut the size of Government but Government has become so big that it can resist any and all cuts to itself and punish anyone who attempts to rein in government. Whenever cuts ARE pushed through...Government's response is to punish citizens by shutting down things that we enjoy like National Parks. Then they tell us "See what happens when you cut Government spending! We can't keep the park that you love open! Now give us our money back or we'll hold ALL of the things you like hostage!" That's the way the game is played by our "public servants"!

With all due respect, Billy? It isn't that our Federal Government isn't getting an incredible amount of revenue each and every year...it's that they spend what they get at a greater rate with each passing year. That's on both parties. We obviously need to cut the size of Government but Government has become so big that it can resist any and all cuts to itself and punish anyone who attempts to rein in government. Whenever cuts ARE pushed through...Government's response is to punish citizens by shutting down things that we enjoy like National Parks. Then they tell us "See what happens when you cut Government spending! We can't keep the park that you love open! Now give us our money back or we'll hold ALL of the things you like hostage!" That's the way the game is played by our "public servants"!
Have you ever sat down and looked at differences in THE GROWTH RATE of spending?

Both parties are NOT equally liable.

Well because of inflation and the value of the dollar, the only accurate way to measure revenue is computing it as a percentage of GDP. In 2019 it was 16%. Now it’s like 20%.
Pretty simple answer, you and the rest of the leftists, like your friends in Hollywood, just pay more if you want to.

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

The short answer is

They are ignorant, innumerate and remarkably credulous.

Have you ever sat down and looked at differences in THE GROWTH RATE of spending?

Both parties are NOT equally liable.
I never claimed they were, 5th. The Democratic Party has overwhelming support from people who work in Government because they know that Democrats will vote to give them more money. I can't give Republicans a pass on spending however because they are willing to pour ungodly amounts of money into defense spending without holding the military's feet to the fire on controlling costs there. The two sides cut deals with each other to get what they want...and that is ALWAYS on the backs of the taxpayers!

I never claimed they were, 5th. The Democratic Party has overwhelming support from people who work in Government because they know that Democrats will vote to give them more money. I can't give Republicans a pass on spending however because they are willing to pour ungodly amounts of money into defense spending without holding the military's feet to the fire on controlling costs there. The two sides cut deals with each other to get what they want...and that is ALWAYS on the backs of the taxpayers!
No, stop!

Don't assert things.

It's tedious.

I do not vote for Democrats. You want to pay more be my guest.
You must have gone to the same "college" as bripat..

Do you have ANY idea of the growth rate of spending for each administration, going back to 1977?

You can go online, find the numbers and a TVM calculator, and satisfy yourself that you've been grifted.

• Winner
Reactions: BWK

They are idiots over debt and tax cuts; They are beholding to the wealthy. Republicans are actually holding the debt ceiling hostage over the tax cut debt to the wealthy we already incurred, and they want to talk about Democrat spending. :auiqs.jpg: :aargh: 🤪 😱:dunno::rofl::bang3:

Republicans are giving ungodly amounts to the wealthy and multi -national corporations. We wouldn't even be talking about the debt ceiling if it weren't for that; This shit is so easy to understand, a fucking cave man could understand it. Do you think this rquires a PHD in economics to understand what is going on ? Hell no. Wake the fuck up.

Forum List

Back