Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

It’s a pretty basic concept. If spending is not adequately cut and taxes are cut (something republicans do), this means that there is less revenue to pay for spending. If bewilders me how republicans think you can cut taxes and think it doesn’t have consequences. We know it has consequences because the deficit blew up under Trump.

Oh and news flash: trickle down economics is not a real thing. Why would corporations bother investing in labor when it is easier for them to just keep the huge amount of money they save from tax cuts? After all their profits are already at an all time high.

They dont worry about deficits when is comes to national debt. Now they are thinking to defund the IRS.

You're FOS.

Reagan didn't compromise anything.
Reagan had a record, at that time, of 8 government shutdowns.
Similar to Trump, "shut the whole thing down", because "I didn't get my way".

Alarming?
Opinions by businessman J. Peter Grace.

Grace, a Democrat, was asked what he would say to the campaign theme of Walter Mondale, the 1984 Democratic Presidential candidate, that higher taxes would be required to ease the deficit regardless of who wins the November election.

"I'd tell him he's nuts," Grace said. "He's wrong. He's wrong."

Reagan, raised taxes 5 times, in 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986 and 1987.

Criminality of CONGRESS?
The presidency of Ronald Reagan in the United States was marked by numerous scandals, resulting in the investigation, indictment, or conviction of over 138 administration officials, the largest number for any president in American history.

No kidding.

He raised the top rate from 70% all the way up to 28%.

Yes, it was, moron.

Reagan’s “elimination of loopholes” in the tax code included the elimination of the “passive loss” provisions that subsidized rental housing.
Because this was removed retroactively, it bankrupted many real estate developments which used this tax break as a premise, which in turn bankrupted 747 Savings and Loans, many of whom were operating, more or less, as banks, thus requiring the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation to cover their debts and losses with tax payer money.
This with some other “deregulation” policies, ultimately led to the largest political and financial scandal in U.S. history to that date.

Liberals don't want to remove loopholes for the rich?

Regardless.
Trump raised the debt, more than any other one term president in US history.

DC has shrunk our military and exploded our country with debt. We can’t send another politician to the White House Donald J. Trump For President 2024

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 24, 2015

Donald Trump insists he would be able to wipe out the United States’s debt in eight years.

The Republican presidential front-runner said in a wide-ranging interview with The Washington Post that he’d be able to get rid of the more than $19 trillion debt “over a period of eight years.”

Right after Mexico pay's for their border wall.

Trump raised the debt, more than any other one term president in US history.

Yeah, those fucking Chinese are the worst!

No kidding.

He raised the top rate from 70% all the way up to 28%.
Further adding to his debt.

During Reagan's presidency, the federal debt held by the public nearly tripled in nominal terms, from $738 billion to $2.1 trillion. This led to the U.S. moving from the world's largest international creditor to the world's largest debtor nation.

Further adding to his debt.

During Reagan's presidency, the federal debt held by the public nearly tripled in nominal terms, from $738 billion to $2.1 trillion. This led to the U.S. moving from the world's largest international creditor to the world's largest debtor nation.

And he beat the commies. Liberals are still whining about that.

Except that I’m not opposed to spending cuts. Let’s cut bloated spending. I’m all for it. I’m just telling you the other side of this. Your ilk thinks cutting revenue, magically, has no consequences. My god I bet I could talk to a 6 year old on the street and explain to them why cutting taxes means we can’t pay for government spending adequately.
Except your actions showed you voted for a party that wanted to add over $6 trillion to spending, only a couple of smart Democrats saved us from a disaster. We do need to cut spending in every area, we need to at the very least balance the budget and we need to raise taxes on everyone, it is the only way out.

Forum List

Back