Why don’t republicans seem to understand the consequences of tax cuts?

Clinton generated a surplus, Obama halved the deficit..

Clinton had a "projected" surplus. I'm not a Rookie, cherry picking won't work on me.

Barack Obama (2009-2017)​

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most in dollar terms ($8.6 trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%. Obama fought the Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts. Even though the fiscal year 2009 budget was set by President Bush, Obama added to it with the Economic Stimulus Act in 2009.657

CHART: How The Clinton Surpluses Turned Into More Than $6 Trillion Worth Of Deficits​

The Federal Government has commitments to employees who get pensions also and those who get social welfare checks and benefits and social security and medicare. Now freeze the budget for two years and maneuver the resources still collected at the same level to groups within the budget including defense and the nation will get stronger. However, there will be people who are losers under this.

And Bush couldn't wait to squander that projected surplus
If real cuts were made during the Clinton Presidency instead of smoke and mirrors which at least was a positive with the contract with America, there would not have een an issue. The post WW 2 generation started to slow down in spending and the Progs were giving out loans and mortgages to people who never paid a dollar down in their lives.

Clinton had a "projected" surplus. I'm not a Rookie, cherry picking won't work on me.

Barack Obama (2009-2017)​

Under President Obama, the national debt grew the most in dollar terms ($8.6 trillion) and was fifth by percentage at 74%. Obama fought the Great Recession with an $831 billion economic stimulus package and added $858 billion through tax cuts. Even though the fiscal year 2009 budget was set by President Bush, Obama added to it with the Economic Stimulus Act in 2009.657

CHART: How The Clinton Surpluses Turned Into More Than $6 Trillion Worth Of Deficits​

Clinton had a "projected" surplus. I'm not a Rookie, cherry picking won't work on me

Why do morans assert stupid things with such certainty?

cboa.png

Forum List

Back