Why EV dominance a LONG ways away!!

CaptainObvious.png

One thing I've recently noticed on UK government web sites about EV's, it says, "Lower emissions per mile driven". I'm 99% sure that's new terminology because the public were led to believe they eliminated emissions. My, how things change. By the way the lower is only 17% to 30%.

Anywhere in the United States, Capt Morgan can drive for 15 minutes and see about 3 or 4 Tesla's! But pass many hundreds of ICE vehicles :coffee:

One thing I've recently noticed on UK government web sites about EV's, it says, "Lower emissions per mile driven". I'm 99% sure that's new terminology because the public were led to believe they eliminated emissions. My, how things change. By the way the lower is only 17% to 30%.

Anywhere in the United States, Capt Morgan can drive for 15 minutes and see about 3 or 4 Tesla's! But pass many hundreds of ICE vehicles :coffee:

Three posts in a row, each refencing a different “Captain”.

And as the sales of EV's increase, they are still predicted to be a tiny percentage in 2030

Pardon the pun, buckle up Musk.

Exactly right....the EV cheerleaders are easily suckered. For example, Car and Driver Magazine now does most of it's reporting on EV's....so these suckers get bamboozled into thinking EV dominance a year or two away! Think an outlet like Car and Driver Magazine an independent entity reporting on the car market. :iyfyus.jpg:

Of course there will be problems with the transition to electric vehicles, just like there were problems with the transition from horses to cars. We'll work through the problems, and move on. Those worried about too many electric vehicles causing insurmountable problems need to quit whining.
The problem is that the transition from horses to cars was spread out over more than a century. You and your friends want to transition to electrics in a decade. It’s going to be a debacle.

The problem is that the transition from horses to cars was spread out over more than a century. You and your friends want to transition to electrics in a decade. It’s going to be a debacle.
No
1642209044551.png

1642209866829.png

Last edited:
Of course there will be problems with the transition to electric vehicles, just like there were problems with the transition from horses to cars. We'll work through the problems, and move on. Those worried about too many electric vehicles causing insurmountable problems need to quit whining.
Government driving markets is a bad idea.

The EV crowd lost their legitimacy when they abandoned hybrids. This zero emissions push is political in nature. It's propped up by the government with promises they can't keep. This fad will end badly.

HAHAHA. Rochester as well as many other transit agencies, had to ground their ENTIRE electric bus fleets because they could not run in the cold weather without draining the batteries fast! Sorry, Old Rocks, I mean OLD COCKS, but for the cold climate, DIESEL is best,! Fucking Environazi moron!

Of course there will be problems with the transition to electric vehicles, just like there were problems with the transition from horses to cars
The difference being that progressive even forward looking Teddy Roosevelt didnt shoot all the horses to force acceptance of the automobile

it was a natural free market decision

now the progressives in government are making that decision for us

Heck, I'm just looking forward to the day I see an EV stuck on a slope on icy roads trying to pull out from a stop and get going without just spinning its wheels!

We see Tesla's marooned in the snow up here quite frequently.

The difference being that progressive even forward looking Teddy Roosevelt didnt shoot all the horses to force acceptance of the automobile

it was a natural free market decision

now the progressives in government are making that decision for us
Natural free market decision? Oil companies received grants to build gas stations and hire people to run them in counties that didn't even have any cars.

Natural free market decision? Oil companies received grants to build gas stations and hire people to run them in counties that didn't even have any cars.
You cant be serious

are you seriously claiming that Standard Oil owed its existence to the federal government?

The decision to convert to EV is being made by the people because it is a good choice to make. Not by a dictator trying to conquer the world. Your attempted comparison to Hitler's tanks is Ludacris.
Strange bullshit world you live in

Forum List

Back