Why facts don’t matter to Trump’s supporters

To answer your question though they don't care about facts, much like you don't, for exactly the same reasons. Emotion
I asked for the facts supposedly being ignored. let's see them? Make sure not to mention the FBI director stating that Hildabeast lied. make sure to eliminate that one.And oh wait, Benghazi was a lie perpetrated by hildabeast on her lie about root cause due to a video. She even admitted it. you're just a hypocrite. Admit it.

Don't even try to use the word 'fact' or 'truth' because it would be hypocritical of you at this point.

To answer your question though they don't care about facts, much like you don't, for exactly the same reasons. Emotion
I asked for the facts supposedly being ignored. let's see them? Make sure not to mention the FBI director stating that Hildabeast lied. make sure to eliminate that one.And oh wait, Benghazi was a lie perpetrated by hildabeast on her lie about root cause due to a video. She even admitted it. you're just a hypocrite. Admit it.
Revisiting Clinton and Classified Information

How did Donald Trump win the Republican nomination, despite clear evidence that he had misrepresented or falsified key issues throughout the campaign? Social scientists have some intriguing explanations for why people persist in misjudgments despite strong contrary evidence.

Trump is a vivid and, to his critics, a frightening present-day illustration of this perception problem. But it has been studied carefully by researchers for more than 30 years. Basically, the studies show that attempts to refute false information often backfire and lead people to hold on to their misperceptions even more strongly.

-------------

An interesting article. They even use vaccines as an example.

Another perfect example:

------------------

They documented what they called a “backfire effect” by showing the persistence of the belief that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in 2005 and 2006, after the United States had publicly admitted that they didn’t exist. “The results show that direct factual contradictions can actually strengthen ideologically grounded factual belief,” they wrote.

-----------------

You have your facts. I have my beliefs. Beliefs trump facts.

Actually the photo in the article says it all -- wait, I mean, "has the best words" ---

CAMPAIGN_2016_TRUMP-6d5c7-1293.jpg

Article text:
>> This “confirmation bias” was outlined in a 1979 article by psychologist Charles Lord, cited by Graves. Lord found that his test subjects, when asked questions about capital punishment, responded with answers shaped by their prior beliefs. “Instead of changing their minds, most will dig in their heels and cling even more firmly to their originally held views,” Graves explained in summarizing the study. <<
Doesn't that sound a wee bit familiar not just about Rump but about this message board in general...
hypocritical oath of Clinton.

LOL FBI director, she lied. baddaboom

How did Donald Trump win the Republican nomination, despite clear evidence that he had misrepresented or falsified key issues throughout the campaign? Social scientists have some intriguing explanations for why people persist in misjudgments despite strong contrary evidence.

Trump is a vivid and, to his critics, a frightening present-day illustration of this perception problem. But it has been studied carefully by researchers for more than 30 years. Basically, the studies show that attempts to refute false information often backfire and lead people to hold on to their misperceptions even more strongly.

-------------

Another perfect example:

------------------

They documented what they called a “backfire effect” by showing the persistence of the belief that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction in 2005 and 2006, after the United States had publicly admitted that they didn’t exist. “The results show that direct factual contradictions can actually strengthen ideologically grounded factual belief,” they wrote.

-----------------

Hilarious coming forming a Hillary cheerleader.

-------------

Another perfect example:

------------------

-----------------

Oh the regressive projection is pathetic. Your supporting someone who couldn't get a confidential clearance as a GS-5 to be president and claiming we ignore the facts, really? Does your hypocrisy have any bounds?

Trumpbots/RW's

Obama/Clinton. transparent ... must be transparent

Trump. ... lie as fast as you can, we could care less.

Except he was wrong...here, I'll show you.

For example, Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy asked Comey if Clinton was telling the truth when she said that she did not send or receive marked classified material. Comey said she wasn’t.

Gowdy, July 7: Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her emails either sent or received. Was that true?

Comey: That’s not true. There were a small number of portion markings on I think three of the documents.

But later in the hearing, Democratic Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman asked Comey if he knew that the State Department had said that the emails were marked classified in error. Comey replied, “No.”

Here, I'll show you twice:

Cartwright, July 7: So, if Secretary Clinton really were an expert at what’s classified and what’s not classified and we’re following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?

Comey: That would be a reasonable inference.

For example, Republican Rep. Trey Gowdy asked Comey if Clinton was telling the truth when she said that she did not send or receive marked classified material. Comey said she wasn’t.

Gowdy, July 7: Secretary Clinton said there was nothing marked classified on her emails either sent or received. Was that true?

Comey: That’s not true. There were a small number of portion markings on I think three of the documents.

But later in the hearing, Democratic Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman asked Comey if he knew that the State Department had said that the emails were marked classified in error. Comey replied, “No.”

Cartwright, July 7: So, if Secretary Clinton really were an expert at what’s classified and what’s not classified and we’re following the manual, the absence of a header would tell her immediately that those three documents were not classified. Am I correct in that?

Baddaboom, baby.

Baddaboom, baby.

Dont forget the next line which I already posted but you left it off...by accident:

When it comes to Hillary and the Democrats, Trump supporters can come across like a well read librarian.

However, they are extremely subjective with facts when the topic involves Trump.

Baddaboom, baby.

Dont forget the next line which I already posted but you left it off...by accident:

were they marked or not? Thank you

Last edited:
It does get kind of frustrating when good people sometimes and accidently don't tell the truth. That happens sometimes because people make mistakes in their recollection but most people are quick to correct it when they realize that they have not tole the truth. What I hate a lot about politics is that people on BOTH sides tend to purposely lie in order to promote their candidate. The problem with that is that the public is basing their assessment of the candidate on something that just isn't real and these lies tend to build mistrust in the entire process. This mistrust builds to the point where anything that is said is treated as a lie and this provides cannon fodder for your opponents. The moral of the story is that even politicians should tell the truth.

Hummm, seems they forgot about Comey's comment that no reasonable person, in the hildabitches position, would have the conversations she did on an insecure system.

Holy shit its the mother of all IRONY threads considering the lies Hillary has told.
What lies are those?

Do you need the video of the FBI director detailing hillarys lies again? That's just on the email scandal and we have decades of her lying. Talk about denying facts
they were marked classified but incorrectly marked classified. Dude, it doesn't get any better than that lie right there.

It does get kind of frustrating when good people sometimes and accidently don't tell the truth. That happens sometimes because people make mistakes in their recollection but most people are quick to correct it when they realize that they have not tole the truth. What I hate a lot about politics is that people on BOTH sides tend to purposely lie in order to promote their candidate. The problem with that is that the public is basing their assessment of the candidate on something that just isn't real and these lies tend to build mistrust in the entire process. This mistrust builds to the point where anything that is said is treated as a lie and this provides cannon fodder for your opponents. The moral of the story is that even politicians should tell the truth.

This may be the only post on page 2 (20 posts) that's actually on the topic, the rest having run off to Deflectionland.

It's an interesting psychological study in general, whether applied specifically to Rump or to this political board in general. It seems to be saying that, when shown disproof of their beliefs, people double down -- simply on the emotional basis of having been proven wrong and going into panic mode about it. Rather than having the simple courage to incorporate the new information and apply accordingly.

I don't pretend to understand it but it's clearly rampant on message boards like this and always has been. Way before Donald Rump got here.

Forum List

Back