Why Gun Control is Bullshit

The study by Arthur Kellermann from which that statistic is pulled doesn't say that. The number includes suicides. The study doesn't take into account defensive uses in which a shot was not fired (99% of the uses), and it doesn't reflect intruders avoiding homes with firearms inside.

1) Sucide victims are just as dead as murder victims.

2) No one believes that you gun nuts show calm and restraint 99% of the time. NOt the way you all talk about the way you want to do a "ZImmerman" on some scary negro.

Okay asshole......I tolerate debate...but from this point forward when one of you gun grabbing assholes accuses innocent, decent, law abiding people of wanting to kill minorities for fun.....and you are the only one who ever talks about doing that....then you aren't going to be addressed respectfully....get it asshole.......

and honest, law abiding citizens use remarkable restraint all the time in shoot outs with criminals...the gabby giffords shooting shows that even though there were 2 concealed carriers on the scene with guns drawn and ready to fire...they didn't shoot...because the situation was under control....and most criminal encounters with armed citizens....54%...end without shots being fired, the criminal runs away or is captured by the citizen with the gun...

Gun owners are not crazed, wanna be killers...they just want to be left alone...........

Gun laws are the only area where they try to prevent the crime before it happens with a law....and it doesn't work...

i wish liberfools would come up with just one anti-gun law that will stop ALL crime, they are ultra stupid no law will stop any crime.

i am an advocate for just one gun law: "The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed"

the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed is all we need. :up:

you are a cowardly moron whose feelings of timidity are accentuated by being exposed to men who make their own safety a personal duty. People like us remind you of your failings as a man and you want to exorcise your deficiencies by banning guns

Guy, I was in the army for 11 years, thanks.

The problem with guys like you who need a gun to make up for a tiny pecker is that you don't make anyone safer. A gun in the home is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy.

Sorry that is a lie.....has been proven to be a lie.....it is nothing but anti gun propaganda disguised as research......

gun grabber studies....it would be nice if once in a while they were based on truth...instead of lies to promote the fear agenda of the anti gunners.....

Gun control is a very interesting topic. It works wonders in foreign countries such at the UK, where in a 10 year period, police officers were only shot at 3 times total. The police there do not carry fire-arms, and gun control is very strict there. In other countries, like Sweden (i think), you're allowed to own a gun if you serve in the military for a certain amount of time (I believe it's two years) gun ownership per capita is high there, yet their gun crime is also lower than the U.S.

What do I think? I think curbing gun violence isn't as simple as the greens would like to think - take all out guns and then we're all happy. The U.S was practically founded on guns, trying to infringe on such a big part of our society will most certainly be detrimental to the government. While I do support increased gun control, I do not believe completely taking our guns is the answer; I think it's a much more complicated issue involving socio-economic tendencies of the working class.

This is also an issue for me, because I very much support the libertarian party- though I do not agree with their stance that we should completely remove all forms of gun control either- I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Actually, Britain has twice the violent crime rate as the United States and Sweden is the rape capitol of Europe....thanks to their anti gun cultures......

yet the Japanese manage to kill themselves at far higher rates than Us Americans

why should my gun rights be limited because someone else might kill themselves. How is public safety decreased because someone might commit suicide?

The Japanese consider suicide acceptable. Americans don't.

I'll happily trade Japan's 11 gun homicides for our 11,000.

Why does it matter the manner in which a person kills him/herself? You see, this proves that you don't really care about life/death.

Fortunately for freedom loving Americans, what you want means nothing

A tree falls in the forest comes to mind

The fact that you gun nuts shit yourselves whenever there's a school shooting says you are running scared. You are just living in terror of that one incident where people get fed up and say enough.

I think that would be you. You need a diaper. :D

Gun control is a very interesting topic. It works wonders in foreign countries such at the UK, where in a 10 year period, police officers were only shot at 3 times total. The police there do not carry fire-arms, and gun control is very strict there. In other countries, like Sweden (i think), you're allowed to own a gun if you serve in the military for a certain amount of time (I believe it's two years) gun ownership per capita is high there, yet their gun crime is also lower than the U.S.

What do I think? I think curbing gun violence isn't as simple as the greens would like to think - take all out guns and then we're all happy. The U.S was practically founded on guns, trying to infringe on such a big part of our society will most certainly be detrimental to the government. While I do support increased gun control, I do not believe completely taking our guns is the answer; I think it's a much more complicated issue involving socio-economic tendencies of the working class.

This is also an issue for me, because I very much support the libertarian party- though I do not agree with their stance that we should completely remove all forms of gun control either- I think the answer lies somewhere in the middle.

Actually, Britain has twice the violent crime rate as the United States and Sweden is the rape capitol of Europe....thanks to their anti gun cultures......

Sweden doesn't have an anti-gun culture. In fact, all Nordic countries have a very high percentage of gun ownership. Every type of firearm is legal there (their legislation does not categorize what you can't own), you just have to prove that you're in need of whatever gun you're trying to acquire.

Britain most likely does not have a higher violent crime rate, the fact of the matter is that Britain categorizes violent crime different than the US does. The US only counts violent crime as murder, manslaughter, "forcible" rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Britain categorizes violent crime as any crime against the person, including all forms of assault, all forms of robbery, and all forms of sexual offenses.

But of the 871,000 crimes against the person, less than half (401,000) involved any actual injury. The remainder were mostly crimes like simple assault without injury, harassment, “possession of an article with a blade or point,” and causing “public fear, alarm, or distress.” And of the 54,000 sexual offenses, only a quarter (15,000) were rapes. This makes it rather clear that a comparison of crime rates either wildly overstates the amount of violence in the UK or wildly understates it in the US.

Last edited:

Sweden doesn't have an anti-gun culture. In fact, all Nordic countries have a very high percentage of gun ownership. Every type of firearm is legal there (their legislation does not categorize what you can't own), you just have to prove that you're in need of whatever gun you're trying to acquire.

Britain most likely does not have a higher violent crime rate, the fact of the matter is that Britain categorizes violent crime different than the US does. The US only counts violent crime as murder, manslaughter, "forcible" rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Britain categorizes violent crime as any crime against the person, including all forms of assault, all forms of robbery, and all forms of sexual offenses.

But of the 871,000 crimes against the person, less than half (401,000) involved any actual injury. The remainder were mostly crimes like simple assault without injury, harassment, “possession of an article with a blade or point,” and causing “public fear, alarm, or distress.” And of the 54,000 sexual offenses, only a quarter (15,000) were rapes. This makes it rather clear that a comparison of crime rates either wildly overstates the amount of violence in the UK or wildly understates it in the US.

Violent crime worse in Britain than in US Daily Mail Online

AND the US gun "homicide" rates include suicide and accidents. Also, we have a GANG problem here in the United States, not a GUN problem.

Violent crime worse in Britain than in US Daily Mail Online

AND the US gun "homicide" rates include suicide and accidents. Also, we have a GANG problem here in the United States, not a GUN problem.
That link is the exact report that I said is wrong, it uses the countries given definitions of violent crime which are completely different.

Also, we have a GANG problem here in the United States, not a GUN problem.

I never said otherwise. I'm not trying to take your guns.

U.K. Gun Curbs Mean More Violence Yet Fewer Deaths Than in U.S. - Bloomberg Business

April 24 (Bloomberg) -- The U.K.’s strict gun controls mean it has a lower homicide rate than the U.S. even though there’s more violent crime, according to a study that also found violence in Britain fell over the past decade.

According to the Sydney-based Institute for Economics and Peace, the U.K. had 933 violent crimes per 100,000 people in 2012, down from 1,255 in 2003. In the U.S., the figure for 2010 was 399 violent crimes per 100,000 people.

What you have is more people being brutalized every day...because they are unarmed, vs. the very rare public shooting that Britain experienced before the gun ban.....and as far as the U.S. is concerned, most of our violent crime happens in small, multi block areas in large cities, conducted by gangs and drug dealers.....if you took gang murder out of our gun murder rate our gun murder rate would be at or lower than Europe's.....

There IS no reasonable argument for gun control beyond what is already on the books.
It is only the unreasonable hoplophobic zealots who crave control over everyone else's lives that think otherwise.

Those are the same fruits and nuts who, given the complete removal of all citizen gun rights, would then turn their attention to other means of controlling you.
It would never end. Gun control is simply their current favorite object of obsession.

Re: crime, guns, and various countries, one should consider raw data involving various factors:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/opinion/blow-on-guns-america-stands-out.html

And also consider that each year, on average, Americans use guns to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives 1.6 million times.........vs.....8,454 gun murders

1.6 million vs. 8,454

accidental gun deaths on average each year...6-700

1.6 million vs. 6-700

The lying left attempts to hide this. You'll never see the left media present the facts.

and honest, law abiding citizens use remarkable restraint all the time in shoot outs with criminals...the gabby giffords shooting shows that even though there were 2 concealed carriers on the scene with guns drawn and ready to fire...they didn't shoot...because the situation was under control....and most criminal encounters with armed citizens....54%...end without shots being fired, the criminal runs away or is captured by the citizen with the gun...

Uh, yeah. The guy who had a gun almost shot one of the guys who took Loughner down.

The fact is, guns almost never actually stop crimes. This is the lie that the NRA has fed you. And you keep falling for it. Mostly because Negroes scare you, I suspect.

Why does it matter the manner in which a person kills him/herself? You see, this proves that you don't really care about life/death.

well, here's the thing. Making a noose, finding a tall building to jump off of, slitting your wrists... those things take effort. They give the person a chance to think if this is really a good idea or not.

A gun. Not so much. Bang, you're dead. I'd take the chance we can stop the jumper or the slitter.

Forum List

Back