Why Gun Control is Bullshit

and no, Europe's gun laws don't work either.....as we have seen in the shootings over there...when their criminals want guns, they get guns....they don't have as much gun crime as we do because of cultural reasons..........but that is changing as Europe is awash in guns from the various conflicts over there and Africa and the middle east......

Uh, actually, they do work in that they have LESS shootings. The Charlie Hebdo thing was a shock because that sort of thing doesn't happen very often. As opposed to this country, where we have several mass shootings a year.

And when my employer feels a need to bring in a Cop to explain "What do do during an active shooter incident", or when I go to a movie and I have to listen to a CYA trailer about what to do if someone decides to shoot up the theater, then, yes, you fucking gun nuts have had your way too long.

You don't seem very keen on cleaning up the bad apples, so the rest of us should.

If the gun grabbers really wanted to stop gun crime they would go after criminals who use guns to commit crime...notice how they don't focus their attention on that...instead they focus their attention on law abiding, honest, innocent citizens who don't use their guns to commit crime...hmmmm...why is that?

we lock up 2 million people in this country. We have another 7 million on probation or parole. I'm not sure what else you think can be done.

Oh, by comparison, most of those other industrialized countries that have to count "pointy objects" as crimes, they don't need to lock up millions. Germany locks up only 78,000 of its citizens. Japan only locks up 68,000. We lock up 2 million.

So if Prisons and Guns make you so safe, why are you pissing yourself?

What you have is more people being brutalized every day...because they are unarmed, vs. the very rare public shooting that Britain experienced before the gun ban.....and as far as the U.S. is concerned, most of our violent crime happens in small, multi block areas in large cities, conducted by gangs and drug dealers.....if you took gang murder out of our gun murder rate our gun murder rate would be at or lower than Europe's.....

Really. So let's look at that.

Sandy Hook
Tuscon
Aurora
VA Tech

All these happened in places that are NOT "Inner City, Scary Negro" places. In fact, whenever we have one of these mass shootings, it usually turns out to be a white male in his 20's or 30's. (Except for VA tech, that guy was Asian.)

What you have is more people being brutalized every day...because they are unarmed, vs. the very rare public shooting that Britain experienced before the gun ban.....and as far as the U.S. is concerned, most of our violent crime happens in small, multi block areas in large cities, conducted by gangs and drug dealers.....if you took gang murder out of our gun murder rate our gun murder rate would be at or lower than Europe's.....

Sandy Hook
Tuscon
Aurora
VA Tech

All these happened in places that are NOT "Inner City, Scary Negro" places. In fact, whenever we have one of these mass shootings, it usually turns out to be a white male in his 20's or 30's. (Except for VA tech, that guy was Asian.)

Really.....mass shootings are the rarest of events....but the 8-9,000 gun murders each year happen primarily in inner city killing fields...please...try harder.........

Why does it matter the manner in which a person kills him/herself? You see, this proves that you don't really care about life/death.

well, here's the thing. Making a noose, finding a tall building to jump off of, slitting your wrists... those things take effort. They give the person a chance to think if this is really a good idea or not.

A gun. Not so much. Bang, you're dead. I'd take the chance we can stop the jumper or the slitter.

so what? I'd rather have someone shoot himself than drive the wrong way on a highway or jumping out of a building=those methods can kill others. and what sort of laws are going to prevent someone from killing themselves?

Sandy Hook
Tuscon
Aurora
VA Tech

and almost always in a GUN FREE ZONE.

why are you so afraid of honest people owning guns? do you engage in behavior that makes you more likely to be shot by an honest gun owner?

and no, Europe's gun laws don't work either.....as we have seen in the shootings over there...when their criminals want guns, they get guns....they don't have as much gun crime as we do because of cultural reasons..........but that is changing as Europe is awash in guns from the various conflicts over there and Africa and the middle east......

Uh, actually, they do work in that they have LESS shootings. The Charlie Hebdo thing was a shock because that sort of thing doesn't happen very often. As opposed to this country, where we have several mass shootings a year.

And when my employer feels a need to bring in a Cop to explain "What do do during an active shooter incident", or when I go to a movie and I have to listen to a CYA trailer about what to do if someone decides to shoot up the theater, then, yes, you fucking gun nuts have had your way too long.

You don't seem very keen on cleaning up the bad apples, so the rest of us should.

They don't have more gun crime because their criminals don't use guns....Europe is awash in guns from the various conflicts the east, and weapons come in from Africa now.....and as we saw lately in France, Sweden, Belgium....when their criminals want guns they get guns....even though they have far stricter gun control than we have....

The 3 terrorists...one of them was a convicted criminal...him and his brother were both on government terrorist watch lists...France has strict gun control and fully automatic weapons, hand guns, grenades and rocket launchers are completely illegal...they don't have gun stores and these guys had to cross an international border twice to get their guns...with all of France's restrictions...more than we have.....they still got fully automatic rifles with 30 round magazines, handguns, grenades and a rocket propelled grenade...for 5,000 dollars in Belgium, another country where all of those are also illegal....and they crossed the border with all of theses weapons....

Then, not a week after the attack, masked gunmen using fully automatic rifles shot up a neighborhood in Marseilles just hours before the French Prime minister was going to give a speech about the low crime rate....

Then add the shooting in Belgium, and the cafe shooting in Denmark and the shooting in Sweden.....

Criminals in Europe can get guns....they just don't have a culture of using guns in crimes.....but that is changing.....

and honest, law abiding citizens use remarkable restraint all the time in shoot outs with criminals...the gabby giffords shooting shows that even though there were 2 concealed carriers on the scene with guns drawn and ready to fire...they didn't shoot...because the situation was under control....and most criminal encounters with armed citizens....54%...end without shots being fired, the criminal runs away or is captured by the citizen with the gun...

Uh, yeah. The guy who had a gun almost shot one of the guys who took Loughner down.

The fact is, guns almost never actually stop crimes. This is the lie that the NRA has fed you. And you keep falling for it. Mostly because Negroes scare you, I suspect.

Yeah...dipstick...did you actually read what happened....he didn't fucking shoot because he didn't have to....you are the one who bitches and moans that honest, law abiding citizens can't control themselves, and can't wait to shoot minorities...and yet the example you give, the giffords shooting, 2 concealed carrying normal citizens had their guns out.....and didn't fucking shoot because the situation did not call for it.....

Do you actually read the stories I post....of crimes stopped and lives saved........1.6 million times a year.....

And of all the posters here on U.S. message...you are the only one who keeps talking about killing minorities...and you mention it in almost every post...you seriously need to get help...before you do something you can't take back....

Why does it matter the manner in which a person kills him/herself? You see, this proves that you don't really care about life/death.

well, here's the thing. Making a noose, finding a tall building to jump off of, slitting your wrists... those things take effort. They give the person a chance to think if this is really a good idea or not.

A gun. Not so much. Bang, you're dead. I'd take the chance we can stop the jumper or the slitter.

In Japan they jump off of buildings or in front of trains...hard to stop gravity dipstick....and they do it at twice the rate that Americans do...so guns aren't the issue.....

Get the toilet paper ready joe....this is going to scare the crap out of you.....a minority....open carrying an AK-47 style rifle...in support of the 2nd Amendment..............your nightmare made real.......

Texarkana Stateline Open Carry Walk - The Truth About Guns

But no need to worry....he honors the Constitution...so you don't have to be afraid of him.....he actually has a copy of the Constitution....and he passes them out to people like you joe.....

...guys like you who need a gun to make up for a tiny pecker...

why do you keep repeating the above lie in every anti or pro gun discussion that comes up here on USMB. :up:

that is funny as all hell, :lmao: did any one ever tell you , "Big Guns, Big Dick".., "Dick" in this usage means penis, the part that makes a human male, a man.., something a liberscum will never attain, you liberfools resemble the worms in my garden.

:up_yours:

Re: crime, guns, and various countries, one should consider raw data involving various factors:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/opinion/blow-on-guns-america-stands-out.html

And also consider that each year, on average, Americans use guns to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives 1.6 million times.........vs.....8,454 gun murders

1.6 million vs. 8,454

accidental gun deaths on average each year...6-700

1.6 million vs. 6-700

The implication is that there are various sources of increased crime rates, and not necessarily due to increased gun control or the opposite.

There IS no reasonable argument for gun control beyond what is already on the books.
It is only the unreasonable hoplophobic zealots who crave control over everyone else's lives that think otherwise.

Those are the same fruits and nuts who, given the complete removal of all citizen gun rights, would then turn their attention to other means of controlling you.
It would never end. Gun control is simply their current favorite object of obsession.

Interestingly enough, the history of this issue in the U.S. is complex:

"The Secret History of Guns"

The Ku Klux Klan, Ronald Reagan, and, for most of its history, the NRA all worked to control guns. The Founding Fathers? They required gun ownership—and regulated it. And no group has more fiercely advocated the right to bear loaded weapons in public than the Black Panthers—the true pioneers of the modern pro-gun movement. In the battle over gun rights in America, both sides have distorted history and the law, and there’s no resolution in sight.

The Secret History of Guns The Atlantic

Re: crime, guns, and various countries, one should consider raw data involving various factors:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/opinion/blow-on-guns-america-stands-out.html

And also consider that each year, on average, Americans use guns to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives 1.6 million times.........vs.....8,454 gun murders

1.6 million vs. 8,454

accidental gun deaths on average each year...6-700

1.6 million vs. 6-700

The lying left attempts to hide this. You'll never see the left media present the facts.

The information in the article uses raw data.

Really.....mass shootings are the rarest of events....but the 8-9,000 gun murders each year happen primarily in inner city killing fields...please...try harder...

Really? THey aren't Rare as far as i'm concerned. We have a couple of them a year, and they are pretty awful.

Of course, we don't actually study gun violence, so we don't know how many of those gun deaths are "inner city" vs. suburbs.

so what? I'd rather have someone shoot himself than drive the wrong way on a highway or jumping out of a building=those methods can kill others. and what sort of laws are going to prevent someone from killing themselves?

Ban guns. When you outlaw a method, the rate drops.

The British swapped out the kind of gas they used in ovens. When they did, the suicide rate dropped when people coldn't stick their heads in the oven anymore.

why do you keep repeating the above lie in every anti or pro gun discussion that comes up here on USMB. :up:

that is funny as all hell, :lmao: did any one ever tell you , "Big Guns, Big Dick".., "Dick" in this usage means penis, the part that makes a human male, a man.., something a liberscum will never attain, you liberfools resemble the worms in my garden.

Guy, what I've found is that gun whacks are usually compensating for their low self-esteem.

And you just prove it, "Tiny".

Guy, what I've found is that gun whacks are usually compensating for their low self-esteem.

And you just prove it, "Tiny".

Liberals are just compensating for their low esteem by wanting the federal government to take care of them from cradle-to-grave, like the little children they are.
????Why are you so scared of life, that you want the "big-daddy-government" to take care of your life??? .
............. Kinda like ...... you WANTING to be a slave to the government!

Forum List

Back