Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

Its quite simple. the reason many of us spit on establishment reps like Ryan is because they always take democrat ideas and compromise on them. thus, the democrat agenda advances onward. reps NEVER expect democrats to compromise with them.

Example: we constantly hear from pig reps how the reason we should vote for them is because they will " work across the aisle" with democrats. Democrats, on the other hand, say they will fight reps on everything.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

Its quite simple. the reason many of us spit on establishment reps like Ryan is because they always take democrat ideas and compromise on them. thus, the democrat agenda advances onward. reps NEVER expect democrats to compromise with them.

Example: we constantly hear from pig reps how the reason we should vote for them is because they will " work across the aisle" with democrats. Democrats, on the other hand, say they will fight reps on everything.
Nonsense.

Has it ever occurred to you that democrats are right on many of the issues; are you so arrogant as to believe republicans are correct on every issue; are you such a blind partisan hack as to not understand that through compromise the best and most effective solutions to problems can be realized.

This isn't a conflict between democrats and republicans, it's a conflict between conservative ideologues adhering blindly to their errant dogma and democrats and moderate republicans seeking pragmatic, real-world solutions to the issues.

nope, again you are saying only democrat ideas should be advanced.
This is the sort of stupidity and inability to comprehend common to most on the right, and responsible for the dysfunctional Congress incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Who cares, the more bills the congress passes the more stupid printed money that we don't have is spent... Take the credit card away from congress.

And poach a Rino

Right now, the Reps can't agree on anything with themselves, much less with anyone else. There is a percentage of Reps that will fight to the death against anyone that remotely disagrees with them. There are just enough that the House is completely shut down. Instead of shutting down the Country, let's shut down the House.

Show me what a man will kill and die for and I will show you what he cares about. Show me what a man will not kill or die for and I will and I will show you what he cares not a whit about.

That is as much a Political statement as a Physical or Philosophical one. If anyonr is,truly willing to compromise, then the subject of the discussion means nothing to them.

Reagan-80-20-Rule.jpg

That would rule out Boner and McConnel

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

Nonsense.

Has it ever occurred to you that democrats are right on many of the issues;

"Has it ever occurred to you that democrats are right on many of the issues?"

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Man, you sure are funny!

You mean the work together to implement the Democrat agenda, don't you? That isn't "for the American people." That agenda screws the American people.

You, vote Republican?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

You're joking, right?

Boner and Mitchell gave Obama everything he demanded. They funded Obamacare and his illegal amnesty program. They also voted away their treaty authority s Obama could sell us out to the Iranians, and they gave him fast track authority.

The list of issues the Republicans capitulated on is quite lengthy.

Yes, funding Obamacare for millions of Americans was pure evil.

Yes it is. Furthermore, you ask what Republicans capitulated on.

Are you confusing capitulation with compromise?

When Dims say "compromise" they really mean capitulate. You're the one confusing the meanings.

If you think it was a "compromise," then what did the Republicans get?

Almost no one is noting the extraordinary influence Republicans had on the healthcare reform bill crafted by the Senate, as it made its way through the committee process last year. The bill approved by Sen. Christopher Dodd’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, for instance, included 161 amendments authored by Republicans. Only 49 Republican amendments were rejected out of 210 considered. Yet the bill got zero Republican votes when it passed out of the committee.

You’ll all remember the Senate Finance Committee process, chaired by Montana Sen. Max Baucus. Baucus and President Obama empowered a bipartisan “Gang of Six” from the committee, three Democrats and three Republicans, and they spent the summer locked in negotiations that, again, never produced one Republican vote for the bill in committee. The Finance Committee ultimately scuttled the public option in its version of the bill, looking for GOP (and conservative Democratic) support.

The Washington Post’s Ezra Klein has noted that the final Democratic proposals have contained multiple GOP planks. To mention just a few:

• Allow individuals, small businesses, and trade associations to pool together and acquire health insurance at lower prices, the same way large corporations and labor unions do
  • Give states the tools to create their own innovative reforms that lower healthcare costs
  • End junk lawsuits
  • Let families and businesses buy health insurance across state lines
Maybe most disturbing to liberal Democrats, the White House didn’t include the public option in the outline of the strong healthcare reform compromise the president wants to see.

Fact-checking the GOP on healthcare reform - Salon.com

Republicans Turn Against Their Own Health Reform Proposals

Ten GOP Ideas in the Affordable Care Act

Republicans Turn Against Their Own Health Reform Proposals

Your amendments are like allowing the condemned to choose the calibre of bullet they are to be executed with. They don't make the slightest bit of difference in a plan to let government take control of health insurance.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

Nonsense.

Has it ever occurred to you that democrats are right on many of the issues; are you so arrogant as to believe republicans are correct on every issue; are you such a blind partisan hack as to not understand that through compromise the best and most effective solutions to problems can be realized.

This isn't a conflict between democrats and republicans, it's a conflict between conservative ideologues adhering blindly to their errant dogma and democrats and moderate republicans seeking pragmatic, real-world solutions to the issues.
Democrats are wrong on every issue. When Republicans agree with them they are also wrong. We now have 8 years of Democrat rule to demonstrate this fact. Every policy, every law, every regulation promulgated under Obama has been a dismal failure. No one can name even one that achieved its objective in a cost effective manner.

Isn't it the dear leader threatening to veto everything if he doesn't get his way, and didn't prince harry vow to obstruct every republican bill that comes to the senate? I think the lefties are projecting here and being their usual hypocrite selves.
I don't remember Obama saying his highest priority was to make the GOP a one-term congress...

Didn't work did it? Move on.

Show me what a man will kill and die for and I will show you what he cares about. Show me what a man will not kill or die for and I will and I will show you what he cares not a whit about.

That is as much a Political statement as a Physical or Philosophical one. If anyonr is,truly willing to compromise, then the subject of the discussion means nothing to them.

stop it.... what a bunch of self-serving nonsense.

you want to fall on your sword over treating all people with dignity.

that's a joke and nothing you should be proud to "fight and die for".

the so-called "conservatives" are reactionaries and radicals.

Isn't it the dear leader threatening to veto everything if he doesn't get his way, and didn't prince harry vow to obstruct every republican bill that comes to the senate? I think the lefties are projecting here and being their usual hypocrite selves.
I don't remember Obama saying his highest priority was to make the GOP a one-term congress...

it was never said. *shrug*

and, if you want to be honest (lol) you'd acknowledge that the GOP's "highest priority" was making the president a one-termer and getting rid of the ACA.

how'd that work out for you?

stop it.... what a bunch of self-serving nonsense.

you want to fall on your sword over treating all people with dignity.

that's a joke and nothing you should be proud to "fight and die for".

the so-called "conservatives" are reactionaries and radicals.
Dignity? Lefties don't know the meaning of the word. Y'all treat Christians very badly. Targeting Christian businesses to destroy them isn't very dignified. Your "dignity" is a sham, just like everything associated with lefties.

Not only Obama, I don't remember "any" Democrat ever saying that.

I'm sorry your so senile.

Reid to block spending bills

In an attempt to force Republicans to the negotiating table, he's planning to block the entire appropriations process.

Reid to block spending bills

Obama veto threats at record pace to begin new Congress

Obama veto threats at record pace to begin new Congress

So who's threatening to shut down the govt?

Constitutional duty bothers you?

WTF are you talking about? Also the supreme court has the power of judicial review so what it says is the constitution. Something I learned in political science. ;)

And your dear leader got his ass kicked by the courts, how many times? The latest being his shamnisty.

it was never said. *shrug*

and, if you want to be honest (lol) you'd acknowledge that the GOP's "highest priority" was making the president a one-termer and getting rid of the ACA.

how'd that work out for you?
Obama should be laying face down on a beach. Obamacare is getting easier to repeal every day with the failures in insurers.

Forum List

Back