Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

Republicans insist on all or nothing, which is why they have lost on every social issue they have fought for, as well as ACA, and the last two presidential elections. Even when they win, they lose. Witness the Speaker of the House issue.

That is directly tied to the depravity of their voters. I have noticed that there has not been a single post from you Liberals denying that you are, as a whole, the very scum of American society.

Very topical and timely, Being. Thanks for your contribution! So, which bridge do you live under?

Most assuredly a far better bridge than you. It's also mortgage free.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

My guess is because the progressive version of "compromise" is they get what they want and the repubs can go pound sand. I never see the slightest give from the progressives. For it to be called compromise there has to be too and fro.

Please provide some "credible" proof of your claim.

It's in the MSM nearly every day. Knock yourself out.

Thanks for the cop-out. President Obama has practically had both his hands bitten off by trying to reach out to Republicans.
Oh my god.
Republicans control both houses of congress. Obama is the one who needs to compromise.
What have Republicans gotten done so far?

Unless they learn to compromise, even Obama can't help them
Obama can compromise on planned parenthood cuts and cease funding abortions. Okay?

PP doesn't fund abortions you daft cow.

jeezus where are these people coming from?

Newt has bedded down with everyone except Hillary apparently. Is he on wife three or four now, I forget...

Not bedding down with Hillary proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is indeed a wise person with exquisite taste.
He married his high school math teacher. Care to try again?

I did not know that. But, hey, marrying someone older and smarter than you (probably better looking, too) is once again, the sign of wisdom. Plus Newt must have learned his uncanny proclivity for numbers (i.e. budget) from her.
The%20Gingrich%20Wives.jpg
Looks like he is neck and neck with Trump

At least both Trump and Gingrich made it legal.

The so-called "husband" of your future failed presidential wannabe, Hillary Clinton, just attacked and raped them.

My guess is because the progressive version of "compromise" is they get what they want and the repubs can go pound sand. I never see the slightest give from the progressives. For it to be called compromise there has to be too and fro.

Thanks for the cop-out. President Obama has practically had both his hands bitten off by trying to reach out to Republicans.
Oh my god.
Republicans control both houses of congress. Obama is the one who needs to compromise.

Obama can compromise on planned parenthood cuts and cease funding abortions. Okay?

Read the post Idiot. That's not what was stated. What an Idiot.

Not bedding down with Hillary proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is indeed a wise person with exquisite taste.

I did not know that. But, hey, marrying someone older and smarter than you (probably better looking, too) is once again, the sign of wisdom. Plus Newt must have learned his uncanny proclivity for numbers (i.e. budget) from her.

The so-called "husband" of your future failed presidential wannabe, Hillary Clinton, just attacked and raped them.

ooh, good meltdown. That's how it's done!

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

How about if the Republicans want to cut the budget by $1 trillion. What amount are you willing to "compromise" at?

I wonder if Bill and Monica miss sharing a cigar now and again?

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

One doesn't compromise with the Devil.

As Ayn Rand put it "in any compromise between good and evil, the good always loses and the evil always wins."

Show me what a man will kill and die for and I will show you what he cares about. Show me what a man will not kill or die for and I will and I will show you what he cares not a whit about.

That is as much a Political statement as a Physical or Philosophical one. If anyonr is,truly willing to compromise, then the subject of the discussion means nothing to them.
when 1 side gets everything they want and the other side gets shit,then you have problems with the side who got nothing......when 2 sides give a little and get a little and agree they can live with it....you will only have problems with the asswipes on both sides who want it all their way or nothing....in our current political arena the asswipes would be the far right and left.....

So what have the Republicans got since Obama got elected?

More fantasy from the right

Let's see?
So far you have accused Clinton of rape and murder. Anything else?

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

How about if the Republicans want to cut the budget by $1 trillion. What amount are you willing to "compromise" at?

Their answer would be: As long as they don't cut EBT, Planned Parenthood, free school lunches, free daycare, free contraceptives, free OBAMAPHONES, etc. They can cut veteran's benefits, defense, social security for the aged, but none of our entitlements.

Let's see?

Rape? Yes. Proven fact, only his high position saved his miserable ass.
I never accused Bill Clinton of murder, because I know it would be a lie and I am not a liberal.

Show me what a man will kill and die for and I will show you what he cares about. Show me what a man will not kill or die for and I will and I will show you what he cares not a whit about.

That is as much a Political statement as a Physical or Philosophical one. If anyonr is,truly willing to compromise, then the subject of the discussion means nothing to them.
when 1 side gets everything they want and the other side gets shit,then you have problems with the side who got nothing......when 2 sides give a little and get a little and agree they can live with it....you will only have problems with the asswipes on both sides who want it all their way or nothing....in our current political arena the asswipes would be the far right and left.....

So what have the Republicans got since Obama got elected?

Nothing. We pay our own way.

Oh my god.

Well you entertain us with what you think the cow meant by 'cease funding abortions'.

Let's see?

Rape? Yes. Proven fact, only his high position saved his miserable ass.
I never accused Bill Clinton of murder, because I know it would be a lie and I am not a liberal.

What evidence of rape was ever presented against Bill Clinton?

I blame Bush. Specifically the TARP program.

Yes, I hear that Bush was the cause of Custer's massacre at the Little Big Horn.
The OP wants/demands "compromise". How many slave states does the OP want back? That's compromise.

The OP just want functional government back. BTW, your avatar gives me a stiffy.

Government "functions" by looting, raping and pillaging. The less government "functions" the better.

I'll alert that Founders of this nation, who compromised on so many things, that they were wrong...

Don't worry, I'm certain that the pain if an Eternity in Hell has already brought that fact very clearly into their minds.
The Founders are in Hell? Do tell...

That is how they feel about the founders....These assholes really believe we shouldn't have a government and we should be ruled by global corporations.

What a bunch of fucking assholes....Our founders in most cases got things done by compromise as some wanted a much more powerful government and some didn't.

That is how real life is done...Not loserterians that hate government and hate America think it should be done.
OUR founders KILLED the people who expected or demanded compromise idiot. Just ask the Brits.

The Constitution of the United States is a symbol of compromises,

article by article.

The Constitution could never have been written and ratified without compromise.

That's the problem with the Constitution. The compromises left holes so big the totalitarians drove a truck through them.

Don't worry, I'm certain that the pain if an Eternity in Hell has already brought that fact very clearly into their minds.
The Founders are in Hell? Do tell...

That is how they feel about the founders....These assholes really believe we shouldn't have a government and we should be ruled by global corporations.

What a bunch of fucking assholes....Our founders in most cases got things done by compromise as some wanted a much more powerful government and some didn't.

That is how real life is done...Not loserterians that hate government and hate America think it should be done.
OUR founders KILLED the people who expected or demanded compromise idiot. Just ask the Brits.

The Constitution of the United States is a symbol of compromises,

article by article.

The Constitution could never have been written and ratified without compromise.

That's the problem with the Constitution. The compromises left holes so big the totalitarians drove a truck through them.

It would not exist without the compromises.

Oh my god.

Well you entertain us with what you think the cow meant by 'cease funding abortions'.

Well dumbass. She meant that the government should stop funding abortions. The government supports Planned Parenthood, an entity who's primary purpose is PERFORMING abortions and selling the body parts of babies. Any idiot that can read would know that. YOU however, ran off in a tizzy claiming the poster said Planned Parenthood FUNDED abortions. No one said that.

Forum List

Back