Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

Do you know why Germany declared war on us? it wasn't because we were supplying the British BTW.

Yea. Because they were allied with Japan, whom we had deslared war on. The fact that we never should have been in that position to begin with is another topic entirely.
And why did we declare war on Japan?

Pearl Harbor comes to mind.
To your mind and mine that is true. His is up for grabs it seems.

Compromise.

1383925_10151741939903208_510874496_n.jpg

Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

There is no such thing as 'Compromise' to Liberals, who have proven to be almost as intolerant as ISIS. When Harry Reid ran the Senate over 100 bills passed in the House and sent to the Senate remained on Reid's desk as he would not even allow them to reach the Senate floor for DISCUSSION let alone a vote.

Don't get me wrong, I admire their dedication, determination, and 'fight', things the GOP Washington Establishment has lacked / lacks.

'Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?'

Because most on the right incorrectly perceive compromise as 'abandoning' conservative dogma.

Not all Americans support conservative dogma and the republican agenda, both demonstrated time and again to be wrongheaded and errant.

And a majority of Americans oppose conservatives' positions on the issues, such as privacy rights for women, equal protection rights for gay Americans, and immigration reform.

Given the fact that much of conservative dogma is wrong for America, and that a majority of Americans disagree with the right's positions on many issues, compromise is perfectly appropriate and warranted, where republicans' refusal to compromise is typical of arrogance extremists who have nothing but contempt for those who disagree with them.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

My guess is because the progressive version of "compromise" is they get what they want and the repubs can go pound sand. I never see the slightest give from the progressives. For it to be called compromise there has to be too and fro.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Has anyone ever heard a Democrat make such statements? Anarchy is not what the founding fathers intended. Compromise is how a democracy is able to function. Compromise is how our Constitution was written and ratified. What the far right now calls RINOs is what the Republican Party used to be. Radical extremist obstructionism is no way to govern.

Definition of COMPROMISE

a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions

b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

compromise | a way of reaching agreement in which each person or group gives up something that was wanted in order to end an argument or dispute

consensus | a general agreement about something : an idea or opinion that is shared by all the people in a group

My guess is because the progressive version of "compromise" is they get what they want and the repubs can go pound sand. I never see the slightest give from the progressives. For it to be called compromise there has to be too and fro.

Please provide some "credible" proof of your claim.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

It's in the MSM nearly every day. Knock yourself out.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

To Conservatives, compromise is unacceptable

A win/win proposal is unacceptable because it allows the other guy to win also

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

To Conservatives, compromise is unacceptable

A win/win proposal is unacceptable because it allows the other guy to win also

Sadly true. It appears that the old days of responsible governance are over.

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

Thanks for the cop-out. President Obama has practically had both his hands bitten off by trying to reach out to Republicans.

It's working just how it's supposed to. The leadership was weak and nothing but a rubber stamp for Obama. Conservatives put the pressure on for stronger leadership to oppose Obama's agenda. The process is working just fine. Hopefully, a new strong speaker will make Obama reluctant to even get out of bed in the morning.
First you'd better find a guy that hasn't been bedding the wife of another man. Good luck with that in your "family values" party...
Not a fan of McCarthy. I'm in favor of Newt Gingrich. I'm not a republican party person. Tea Party.
Newt has bedded down with everyone except Hillary apparently. Is he on wife three or four now, I forget...

Not bedding down with Hillary proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is indeed a wise person with exquisite taste.
He married his high school math teacher. Care to try again?

I did not know that. But, hey, marrying someone older and smarter than you (probably better looking, too) is once again, the sign of wisdom. Plus Newt must have learned his uncanny proclivity for numbers (i.e. budget) from her.

First you'd better find a guy that hasn't been bedding the wife of another man. Good luck with that in your "family values" party...
Not a fan of McCarthy. I'm in favor of Newt Gingrich. I'm not a republican party person. Tea Party.
Newt has bedded down with everyone except Hillary apparently. Is he on wife three or four now, I forget...

Not bedding down with Hillary proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is indeed a wise person with exquisite taste.

I did not know that. But, hey, marrying someone older and smarter than you (probably better looking, too) is once again, the sign of wisdom. Plus Newt must have learned his uncanny proclivity for numbers (i.e. budget) from her.
The%20Gingrich%20Wives.jpg

boner-obstruction-5.jpg

Definition of COMPROMISE

Thanks for the cop-out. President Obama has practically had both his hands bitten off by trying to reach out to Republicans.
Oh my god.
Republicans control both houses of congress. Obama is the one who needs to compromise.
What have Republicans gotten done so far?

Unless they learn to compromise, even Obama can't help them
Obama can compromise on planned parenthood cuts and cease funding abortions. Okay?

"The widening gap between the wealthy and the rest of America during the recovery can largely be explained in one word: stocks.

According to recent data from the Federal Reserve, America has the lowest level of stock ownership in 18 years. Yet stock ownership for the wealthy is at a new high—and that has accounted for most of their good fortune compared to the rest of America."

And

"Stock ownership is even more concentrated when it comes to share of total stock holdings. In 2010, the latest period available, the top 10 percent of Americans by net worth held 81 percent of all directly held or indirectly held stocks, according to Edward N. Wolff, an economics professor at New York University who specializes in inequality and Federal Reserve data."
Stock gap: American stock holdings at 18-year low

Which proves nothing except that the wealthy have the money to purchase stocks. Have you ever heard of employee stock options? Many corporations offer stock options to purchase stocks to their employees. Exxon is a great example. I know folks who are enjoying a very good retirement now because during the years they were employed by Exxon they purchased Exxon stock.
What it proves is that what you said about stock ownership is dead wrong...

No it doesn't and you know it.
I'm afraid that it does. The average slob doesn't own stock (nor should he), but the rich do, the vast majority of it.

The average slob that has a 401K owns stock through the mutual funds in his or her portfolio.

Of course he does as do millions of government employees through their Thrift Savings Plans. He's a total idiot.

Republicans insist on all or nothing, which is why they have lost on every social issue they have fought for, as well as ACA, and the last two presidential elections. Even when they win, they lose. Witness the Speaker of the House issue.

That is directly tied to the depravity of their voters. I have noticed that there has not been a single post from you Liberals denying that you are, as a whole, the very scum of American society.

Republicans insist on all or nothing, which is why they have lost on every social issue they have fought for, as well as ACA, and the last two presidential elections. Even when they win, they lose. Witness the Speaker of the House issue.

That is directly tied to the depravity of their voters. I have noticed that there has not been a single post from you Liberals denying that you are, as a whole, the very scum of American society.

Very topical and timely, Being. Thanks for your contribution! So, which bridge do you live under?

The%20Gingrich%20Wives.jpg
Looks like he is neck and neck with Trump

Forum List

Back