Why has "COMPROMISE" become a dirty word to Republican Conservatives?

Do tell? What nation would you and your happy slaves (and barefoot and pregnant women) have been in then?

Preferentially the Dutchy of Normandy in France. If we're talking slightly later either Norman Ireland or the Kingdom of Antioch.

Republicans insist on all or nothing, which is why they have lost on every social issue they have fought for, as well as ACA, and the last two presidential elections. Even when they win, they lose. Witness the Speaker of the House issue.

It's working just how it's supposed to. The leadership was weak and nothing but a rubber stamp for Obama. Conservatives put the pressure on for stronger leadership to oppose Obama's agenda. The process is working just fine. Hopefully, a new strong speaker will make Obama reluctant to even get out of bed in the morning.
First you'd better find a guy that hasn't been bedding the wife of another man. Good luck with that in your "family values" party...
Not a fan of McCarthy. I'm in favor of Newt Gingrich. I'm not a republican party person. Tea Party.
Newt has bedded down with everyone except Hillary apparently. Is he on wife three or four now, I forget...

Not bedding down with Hillary proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is indeed a wise person with exquisite taste.

There are ways. Perhaps a few bribes could make it happen just like a few bribes got obamacare passed.
There is no way, at this point. Sorry, but not really.
There's always a way now that we have an anti constitutional administration that passed legislation through bribes.
You can believe that for as long as you like, and you will still be dead wrong.
You know obamacare was passed with bribes. You don't care.

Bribing for votes is nothing new in Congress. It's just part of the process. Plus, corporations routinely bribe Congress.
That's the problem. Our government is corrupt and needs a good cleaning up. Tea Party.

There are ways. Perhaps a few bribes could make it happen just like a few bribes got obamacare passed.
There's always a way now that we have an anti constitutional administration that passed legislation through bribes.
I care that it's not what we should have, but it isn't going anywhere.
Congress controls the purse.

Republicans insist on all or nothing, which is why they have lost on every social issue they have fought for, as well as ACA, and the last two presidential elections. Even when they win, they lose. Witness the Speaker of the House issue.

I totally agree! Plus, they may have to ask Democrats to bail their retarded asses out of their dysfunctional mess.

Bribing for votes is nothing new in Congress. It's just part of the process. Plus, corporations routinely bribe Congress.
That's the problem. Our government is corrupt and needs to a good cleaning up. Tea Party.

The Tea Party Taliban is the most destructive bunch of anarchist assholes that I've seen in my 68 years on the planet.

That's the problem. Our government is corrupt and needs to a good cleaning up. Tea Party.

The Tea Party Taliban is the most destructive bunch of anarchist assholes that I've seen in my 68 years on the planet.
Oh, for sure. Drink blood and eat babies, huh.

It's working just how it's supposed to. The leadership was weak and nothing but a rubber stamp for Obama. Conservatives put the pressure on for stronger leadership to oppose Obama's agenda. The process is working just fine. Hopefully, a new strong speaker will make Obama reluctant to even get out of bed in the morning.
First you'd better find a guy that hasn't been bedding the wife of another man. Good luck with that in your "family values" party...
Not a fan of McCarthy. I'm in favor of Newt Gingrich. I'm not a republican party person. Tea Party.
Newt has bedded down with everyone except Hillary apparently. Is he on wife three or four now, I forget...

Not bedding down with Hillary proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gingrich is indeed a wise person with exquisite taste.
He married his high school math teacher. Care to try again?

Another fool. The corporations help America far more than does the Democrat Party. Corporations are most often owned by their stockholders who are common American workers and retirees. Corporations provide jobs for many Americans and pay taxes to the government. You really need to rethink your stupidity.
"The widening gap between the wealthy and the rest of America during the recovery can largely be explained in one word: stocks.

According to recent data from the Federal Reserve, America has the lowest level of stock ownership in 18 years. Yet stock ownership for the wealthy is at a new high—and that has accounted for most of their good fortune compared to the rest of America."

And

"Stock ownership is even more concentrated when it comes to share of total stock holdings. In 2010, the latest period available, the top 10 percent of Americans by net worth held 81 percent of all directly held or indirectly held stocks, according to Edward N. Wolff, an economics professor at New York University who specializes in inequality and Federal Reserve data."
Stock gap: American stock holdings at 18-year low

Which proves nothing except that the wealthy have the money to purchase stocks. Have you ever heard of employee stock options? Many corporations offer stock options to purchase stocks to their employees. Exxon is a great example. I know folks who are enjoying a very good retirement now because during the years they were employed by Exxon they purchased Exxon stock.
What it proves is that what you said about stock ownership is dead wrong...

No it doesn't and you know it.
I'm afraid that it does. The average slob doesn't own stock (nor should he), but the rich do, the vast majority of it.

The average slob that has a 401K owns stock through the mutual funds in his or her portfolio.

"The widening gap between the wealthy and the rest of America during the recovery can largely be explained in one word: stocks.

According to recent data from the Federal Reserve, America has the lowest level of stock ownership in 18 years. Yet stock ownership for the wealthy is at a new high—and that has accounted for most of their good fortune compared to the rest of America."

And

"Stock ownership is even more concentrated when it comes to share of total stock holdings. In 2010, the latest period available, the top 10 percent of Americans by net worth held 81 percent of all directly held or indirectly held stocks, according to Edward N. Wolff, an economics professor at New York University who specializes in inequality and Federal Reserve data."
Stock gap: American stock holdings at 18-year low

Which proves nothing except that the wealthy have the money to purchase stocks. Have you ever heard of employee stock options? Many corporations offer stock options to purchase stocks to their employees. Exxon is a great example. I know folks who are enjoying a very good retirement now because during the years they were employed by Exxon they purchased Exxon stock.
What it proves is that what you said about stock ownership is dead wrong...

No it doesn't and you know it.
I'm afraid that it does. The average slob doesn't own stock (nor should he), but the rich do, the vast majority of it.

The average slob that has a 401K owns stock through the mutual funds in his or her portfolio.
I am aware of that. Read the posted article.

Forum List

Back