Why I don't believe in God

Isn't Revelations more about the end times than about Jesus? Yeah, they too have some pretty fucked up beliefs.
Books of Revelation. Your ignorance of religion is appalling...

Books of Revelation

Well, the only "book of revelation" I've heard about is the one in the Bible.

The Book of Revelation, often known simply as Revelation or The Apocalypse of John, is a book of theNew Testament that occupies a central place in Christian eschatology. Its title is derived from the first word of the text, written in Koine Greek: apokalypsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation".
Books, it's plural. You do what that is eh? Computer versus computers? More than one computer.

Well, the books in your link are not the "books of revelation" that I know of. The Torah is the called the Torah, and the Quran the Quran.
Click on the damn links, that's why I posted them.

No reason to get all upset. You might stroke out or something. :D Lol.

Muslims believe that Muhammed was the prophet and not Jesus Christ. Lol.
Muhammad is the Last of the Prophets.

"Islam teaches that God has sent prophets to humanity, in different times and places, to communicate His message. Since the beginning of time, God has sent His guidance through these chosen people. They were human beings who taught the people around them about faith in One Almighty God, and how to walk on the path of righteousness. Some prophets also revealed God's Word through books of revelation."
What Muslims Believe About Prophets
Enough about Islam. You can't even take a Bible onto the Temple Mount they are so terrified of it.

So how does the concept of evil fit into evolution? Why should the weak get the chance to live and procreate? What's wrong with a stronger male taking his mate by force?
I see you don't understand evolution either. What does Survival of the Fittest mean? In that concept, what does "fit" mean?
Like I said, the concept of good and evil is counter to evolution.
Good and evil are both human concepts. Now, what does "fit" mean in evolution? To not understand that means you would understand nothing about it. The same with Natural Selection and Mutation but we'll deal with those later.
I can tell you what it does not mean. Taking care of someone with severe handicaps or illnesses and become a burden upon mankind. Good and evil are counter to evolution.

Muhammad is the Last of the Prophets.

"Islam teaches that God has sent prophets to humanity, in different times and places, to communicate His message. Since the beginning of time, God has sent His guidance through these chosen people. They were human beings who taught the people around them about faith in One Almighty God, and how to walk on the path of righteousness. Some prophets also revealed God's Word through books of revelation."
What Muslims Believe About Prophets
Enough about Islam. You can't even take a Bible onto the Temple Mount they are so terrified of it.

So how does the concept of evil fit into evolution? Why should the weak get the chance to live and procreate? What's wrong with a stronger male taking his mate by force?
I see you don't understand evolution either. What does Survival of the Fittest mean? In that concept, what does "fit" mean?
Like I said, the concept of good and evil is counter to evolution.
Good and evil are both human concepts. Now, what does "fit" mean in evolution? To not understand that means you would understand nothing about it. The same with Natural Selection and Mutation but we'll deal with those later.
I can tell you what it does not mean. Taking care of someone with severe handicaps or illnesses and become a burden upon mankind. Good and evil are counter to evolution.
Good and evil have not a damn thing to do with evolution, and what does "fit" mean?

Books of Revelation. Your ignorance of religion is appalling...

Books of Revelation

The Book of Revelation, often known simply as Revelation or The Apocalypse of John, is a book of theNew Testament that occupies a central place in Christian eschatology. Its title is derived from the first word of the text, written in Koine Greek: apokalypsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation".
Books, it's plural. You do what that is eh? Computer versus computers? More than one computer.

Well, the books in your link are not the "books of revelation" that I know of. The Torah is the called the Torah, and the Quran the Quran.

Ignorance pisses me off. Next time read the bloody links.

Ignorance pisses me off. Next time read the bloody links.

I did read them. They were not very informative, I must say. :)

Very good point. If the people who saw him didn't convert, why did the people who later just heard about him convert? For example, my ignorant Greek ancestors who were worshipping Zeus then fell for that Jesus crap. Didn't they ask for evidence? Of course they didn't! Do Americans today ask for proof? Nope! They just swallow whatever their parents and preachers tell them.
Like many, I came to faith by researching the evidence. My entire career has been in science, and almost 20 years ago I saw something I couldn't explain. Still took me a few years. I'd be a Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever if they had more evidence.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled. Anyone who honestly wants to know the truth will seek it and end up in the same boat I'm in.
Jews Muslims and Hindu say the exact same thing. If you were born in Iran, you'd be a Muslim.
If I was born in Iran I'd be a Muslim because I'd be beheaded for not being Muslim. Only one reason Islam is afraid, but that's for another topic.
I don't hear a lot of Iranians who come to America to escape Islam say that they were secretly Christians.

You know you can secretly believe the truth? That's what us atheists do when we go to church. We don't tell the priest and members we think they are stupid. We just go along. So too could Muslims in Iran. They've heard the Jesus stories. Just quietly believe. But they don't. Neither do Chinese people. They've all heard about Jesus. If it were obviously true, they'd be converting by the millions.

And if it were really true, what better reason to revolt? But I don't think they are believing the Jesus stories just like you don't believe what they say about Mohammad.

And consider all the Muslim Americans who don't convert. If it were obviously true they would, but it isn't.
And how are those living in Iran even aware of Jesus? You think they have Billy Graham on the tele or something?
You think they aren't aware of Jesus? They just aren't told he's God.

Like many, I came to faith by researching the evidence. My entire career has been in science, and almost 20 years ago I saw something I couldn't explain. Still took me a few years. I'd be a Jew, Muslim, Hindu or whatever if they had more evidence.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled. Anyone who honestly wants to know the truth will seek it and end up in the same boat I'm in.
Jews Muslims and Hindu say the exact same thing. If you were born in Iran, you'd be a Muslim.
If I was born in Iran I'd be a Muslim because I'd be beheaded for not being Muslim. Only one reason Islam is afraid, but that's for another topic.
I don't hear a lot of Iranians who come to America to escape Islam say that they were secretly Christians.

You know you can secretly believe the truth? That's what us atheists do when we go to church. We don't tell the priest and members we think they are stupid. We just go along. So too could Muslims in Iran. They've heard the Jesus stories. Just quietly believe. But they don't. Neither do Chinese people. They've all heard about Jesus. If it were obviously true, they'd be converting by the millions.

And if it were really true, what better reason to revolt? But I don't think they are believing the Jesus stories just like you don't believe what they say about Mohammad.

And consider all the Muslim Americans who don't convert. If it were obviously true they would, but it isn't.
And how are those living in Iran even aware of Jesus? You think they have Billy Graham on the tele or something?
You think they aren't aware of Jesus? They just aren't told he's God.

I never heard of that before I started participating in these forums. Lol. From what I learned and read, Jesus is God's son that he sacrificed for our sins (which makes absolutely NO sense either).

People don't come to faith because they are fooled.
If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
Ha ha!

Islam is the fastest growing religion in USA

Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group

And why aren't Mormon's buying your story? They have their own twist. Is your sect of Christianity growing in Utah?
Islam is growing for the same reason thousands are joining Al Queda and Isis from the west - people are attracted to evil.
That's what I say about all religions! You see? We're both atheists! You just believe in one more God than I do.

People don't come to faith because they are fooled.
If only. Faith for most is nothing more than what you were raised with.
Not true at all. Christianity is sweeping thru Asia and the Middle East like a wildfire. These people have zero background in Christianity. I'm from an agnostic home and was agnostic until I did my homework.
Ha ha!

Islam is the fastest growing religion in USA

Why Muslims are the world’s fastest-growing religious group

And why aren't Mormon's buying your story? They have their own twist. Is your sect of Christianity growing in Utah?
Islam is growing for the same reason thousands are joining Al Queda and Isis from the west - people are attracted to evil.
That's what I say about all religions! You see? We're both atheists! You just believe in one more God than I do.

Funny, but I don't know if the purpose of religion is to spread "evil." I think of it as a way to "control" people though. Of course, when it comes to human beings, anything and everything can be corrupted.

Beliefs are fine. I don't really care because it doesn't affect my life. The only time I will ever REALLY care is when it affects my life or people's lives in a negative way. That is when there is a problem. Otherwise, if they are not pushing everyone else to abide by their personal belief systems, I don't have a problem with other people having them.
I believe the man uses religion as a tool to control and keep us down. Have you ever seen that slave movie that Quentin Tarantino directed? Or maybe it was 13 years a slave? In the movie the master was preaching from the Bible to his slaves and he was quoting in the Bible where it tells you to obey your master. And let's be honest the church is the master

Beliefs are fine. I don't really care because it doesn't affect my life. The only time I will ever REALLY care is when it affects my life or people's lives in a negative way. That is when there is a problem. Otherwise, if they are not pushing everyone else to abide by their personal belief systems, I don't have a problem with other people having them.
I believe the man uses religion as a tool to control and keep us down. Have you ever seen that slave movie that Quentin Tarantino directed? Or maybe it was 13 years a slave? In the movie the master was preaching from the Bible to his slaves and he was quoting in the Bible where it tells you to obey your master. And let's be honest the church is the master

Definitely agree that it is a way to control people. I don't think the original idea was evil though. I think it was to try and get people to behave, as large areas could not be policed back in ancient times. I'm sure people were plundering, looting, raping, murdering, etc., so put the "fear of God" into them. Some people will definitely take advantage and abuse that kind of power.

Definitely agree that it is a way to control people. I don't think the original idea was evil though. I think it was to try and get people to behave, as large areas could not be policed back in ancient times. I'm sure people were plundering, looting, raping, murdering, etc., so put the "fear of God" into them. Some people will definitely take advantage and abuse that kind of power.
I wonder in the times of the Greek gods, when moses came screaming down the mountain, when Paul went to Greece or when Mormonism spread, how many just went along to get along.

I can imagine the town arguments back when God was first made up. The believers so radical they would kill over it. So at what point did us non believers decide it's not worth it and just went underground

I think YOU'RE an abused hombre. I think something happened in your life to turn you against religion. I can't tell you what that event was, I don't know your story. At some point, you decided to abandon your spirituality and declare war on religion. I pray that you will one day again find your spiritual connection and walk upright with your fellow humans.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.
Boss isn't even a Christian. He only believes in generic god.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.

Why do you think my strong spiritual connection has anything to do with my treatment of idiots in political or economic debates? My God doesn't "care" because it's not a Supreme Person. If I ran across one of you libtarded pinheads drowning and didn't try and save you, that would be a different story. To borrow a phrase from my Christian friends, my soul is compelled to follow a path of righteousness. That doesn't mean I have to refrain from calling you a moron or dipshit on a message board.

Somehow, I think Jesus would disagree. :D Turn the other cheek and all that. ;)

Yes, but Jesus is pure Love and I'm most definitely not. I try, but I ultimately fail.

In my opinion, it is a man made and made up concept because human beings have a need to "explain" everything. We are curious by nature and that is only normal that when there is ignorance, we would attribute some things to a "higher power" or to "gods." I think a lot of this stems from our fear of the unknown, and especially dying and death. It's very comforting to believe that you will see your deceased loved ones again and be reunited with them in a "heaven" type of place. I don't like to take that away from others. I guess if that helps some people deal with loss or their eventual demise, then it's all good. I do not like when they try to guilt other people or even threaten them (with hell, etc) to believe or to live like they do though.

I realize this is your opinion, Chris, but I disagree. By nature, we are spiritual creatures. We always have been as best we can tell. Humans have this intrinsic spiritual awareness that nothing else in nature seems to have... if other things have it, we don't see it manifest as such. It is THIS spiritual awareness we have that makes us "fear death" or have a problem coping with it.

When you objectively look at nature, there are things which can see better, hear better, taste better, smell better and have a better sense of touch than human beings. We don't even master our own senses as far as species go. Some animals are capable of amazing things that humans could never do... Would you have any idea which flowers need pollinating and when? I wouldn't have a clue. Would you know how to build a massive colony or hive? Bees and ants know. Could you smell food 5 miles away? A bear or shark can. So as you can see, we really suck in terms of what we can do compared to most of nature.

The ONE thing we have an advantage on is our spiritual connection. It is through our belief in some power greater than self that enabled humans to become what we are. We even invented a word to describe the effect... Inspiration.

Now... Does this mean there is a "deity" associated with this spirituality? I don't know, no one does. That's where faith comes in. Even the most devoutly religious believer in God does not KNOW and cannot KNOW until they die, if they were correct. They can only believe and have faith. This is why I can't believe in Christian god of the Bible. It's not that I reject it, I just can't believe it on faith. However, I need NO faith to understand and feel my spiritual connection. Spiritual Nature is my God, it doesn't judge or condemn, it doesn't love or forgive.

Things (or animals, insects, etc.), have evolved and adapted to fit their environment and their needs. We have a large brain. That is our "thing." We can make clothes and shelters and use our brains to protect us and to adapt to environments as needed.

Of course, you have your own beliefs. I'm pretty much talking about the beliefs of "Christianity" and gods though. Is there some kind of higher power or "power" out there? I don't know, but I have many doubts about it.

We don't have nearly as large of a brain as a whale. In fact, there are mammals with larger brains. We can make clothes and shelters because at some point, we began to believe in a power greater than self. We became Inspired. (IN-inside SPIR-spirit ATION-action)

It is through human inspiration that we have done all that humans have done. If not for human spirituality, we would still be living in the trees or caves at best. There is nothing in Darwinian evolution to explain inspiration. Not that I believe in Darwinism, but even if you do... how do you account for inspiration in humans and it's found nowhere else in nature? Why wouldn't the shark, who has ruled the oceans for millions of years, not have developed inspiration?

Why would a shark even need inspiration? It's perfect for its environment. Humans evolved to have big brains and opposable thumbs and an upright gait in order to better cope with our environment. We're a weak hairless monkey that has the advantages of being toolmakers (because of our aforementioned evolutionary traits of brains and thumbs). Otherwise, we'd have gone extinct a couple million years ago.

Evolution isn't like leveling up in a game.

Why would a shark even need inspiration? It's perfect for its environment. Humans evolved to have big brains and opposable thumbs and an upright gait in order to better cope with our environment. We're a weak hairless monkey that has the advantages of being toolmakers (because of our aforementioned evolutionary traits of brains and thumbs). Otherwise, we'd have gone extinct a couple million years ago.

Evolution isn't like leveling up in a game.

Nope... Other primates have opposable thumbs and use tools. They lack the inspiration to do something greater than self. I can't argue that this didn't help us cope with our environment but we should see natural evidence of other species also coping with their environment by gaining the attribute of inspiration and we don't.

Human Inspiration is EXACTLY like "leveling up in a game." Our human spirituality is our most defining attribute as a species and is responsible for humans being what we are. Inspired creatures with spiritual connection to something greater than self.

I wonder in the times of the Greek gods, when moses came screaming down the mountain, when Paul went to Greece or when Mormonism spread, how many just went along to get along.

I can imagine the town arguments back when God was first made up. The believers so radical they would kill over it. So at what point did us non believers decide it's not worth it and just went underground

Yeah, thankfully before the concept of God everybody just sat around the campfire having a good old time.

Yeah, thankfully before the concept of God everybody just sat around the campfire having a good old time.

i think God made some homo sapiens self aware just before the Toba catastrophe to help us survive and begin His Divine plan. The rest were suitable mates for breeding, but were not as morally and intellectually developed.

I have read many of your condescending remarks about people in the Economics and Politics threads, so don't even try to claim a moral ground.
As for myself, you will never attain a fraction of the awareness of God's presence as I possess.

Boss claims to be "Spiritual" but CONSTANTLY comes off as a non-Spiritual, egoistic, arrogant ass in the Economics and Politics threads.

Why do you think my strong spiritual connection has anything to do with my treatment of idiots in political or economic debates? My God doesn't "care" because it's not a Supreme Person. If I ran across one of you libtarded pinheads drowning and didn't try and save you, that would be a different story. To borrow a phrase from my Christian friends, my soul is compelled to follow a path of righteousness. That doesn't mean I have to refrain from calling you a moron or dipshit on a message board.

Yes, but Jesus is pure Love and I'm most definitely not. I try, but I ultimately fail.
Oh now you don't deny Jesus? When did you convert? You went MIA for a bit. Did you join or start a cult?

Oh now you don't deny Jesus? When did you convert? You went MIA for a bit. Did you join or start a cult?

He's not commenting on Jesus as Son of God, but as a historical figure.
You see Boss, I defend you when the context calls for such.

Forum List

Back