Why I don't believe in God

Can you imagine if Jesus returned today and started telling everyone he was Jesus. Lol. I'm sure everyone would listen to him. Oh, wait, only the true "believers" will know that he is the "real" Jesus. Or could it be the antichrist? Hmm. How will you know? What kind of games is this "god" playing anyways is what I would like to ask.

Yes, many Jews think that's what Paul was trying to accomplish.
If Paul saw what ACTUALLY happened he would turn over in his grave.

Well see... I don't know about any of that. I am a Spiritualist who doesn't subscribe to any organized religion. I have respect for some religions and other religions are pure evil. Some denominations of otherwise good religions are pure evil. So I can't hitch myself to a Religious Wagon and I won't ever be able to. Now, maybe I am wrong? If so, I'll definitely ask God why He didn't "move" me? :dunno:

Oh, well be sure to fill us in on what he says, Moses. :D

I ain't waiting up late at night for him!

Oh now you don't deny Jesus? When did you convert? You went MIA for a bit. Did you join or start a cult?

He's not commenting on Jesus as Son of God, but as a historical figure.
You see Boss, I defend you when the context calls for such.
He said Jesus is pure love. What does that mean then? Does he mean the message?

Pretty easy sentence, silly boob. You comprehend what Love is, right?
I looked up the definition of love and it says nothing about Jesus. You can define love without Jesus.

People loved long before Jesus, no?

Of course they did. People actually lived lives before Jesus and organized religion, believe it or not. :D I've asked before, what happened to all of those "souls" who had no Jesus to be sacrificed for our alleged "sins?" The sin where some chick in a garden ate some apple after being tempted by a serpent. ;)

You know, I can't recall if it was this thread or the other but you said you didn't have a problem with people and their beliefs unless they were interfering with you or your friends... but here you want to insult and mock their religious views and think nothing of it. So what you actually want, is to be able to attack them and them leave you alone... right?

Yes, many Jews think that's what Paul was trying to accomplish.
If Paul saw what ACTUALLY happened he would turn over in his grave.

Well see... I don't know about any of that. I am a Spiritualist who doesn't subscribe to any organized religion. I have respect for some religions and other religions are pure evil. Some denominations of otherwise good religions are pure evil. So I can't hitch myself to a Religious Wagon and I won't ever be able to. Now, maybe I am wrong? If so, I'll definitely ask God why He didn't "move" me? :dunno:
You sound very much like Joseph Smith. You should start a new sect. Bossolicism.

I looked up the definition of love and it says nothing about Jesus. You can define love without Jesus.

Of course they did. People actually lived lives before Jesus and organized religion, believe it or not. :D I've asked before, what happened to all of those "souls" who had no Jesus to be sacrificed for our alleged "sins?" The sin where some chick in a garden ate some apple after being tempted by a serpent. ;)

You know, I can't recall if it was this thread or the other but you said you didn't have a problem with people and their beliefs unless they were interfering with you or your friends... but here you want to insult and mock their religious views and think nothing of it. So what you actually want, is to be able to attack them and them leave you alone... right?

Well sorry, I can't help myself sometimes. I'm laughing with you not at you. :)

I don't hate religious people like you. I don't think any of us do but yes we come here to make fun of you. You wouldn't be here if you couldn't take it.

Well sorry, I can't help myself sometimes. I'm laughing with you not at you. :)
He got us we are mocking them but its to make a point. If it's silly were gonna say it. If it's stupid or dumb well.

He got us we are mocking them but its to make a point. If it's silly were gonna say it. If it's stupid or dumb well.

I'm really not trying to mock him personally. I just . . . can't believe that people can believe that story. He says he doesn't follow an organized religion, so I don't know he feels about Adam and Eve and all the other "parables" in the Bible.

I'm really not trying to mock him personally. I just . . . can't believe that people can believe that story. He says he doesn't follow an organized religion, so I don't know he feels about Adam and Eve and all the other "parables" in the Bible.
You don't want to know.

Oh now you don't deny Jesus?

Why are you trying to use Bible tricks on me?

I didn't say that I believe Jesus is the living Son of God.

Personally, I think Jesus was a very spiritually-connected person who was often misunderstood. For instance, when he is quoted as "claiming he is God" he is trying to convey the nuance that we are ALL with the spirit of God... we are all God. We intrinsically all have God inside us. I can believe that.

I think beyond that, his message of peace and love are the embodiment of who is was. The only deviation from this was turning over the tables in the temple. That basically got him killed. Son of God? Rose from the Dead? I'm not sure on all that. People believe it... that's all I can say. :dunno:

Things I find more fascinating is Noah knowing to build an ark for a flood. Moses leading his people out of Egypt and predicting Jesus. Then... The wise men from the East, totally unrelated to all of this... through their own spirituality, get this kind of dream/interpretation thing where they are compelled to follow a star westward where a new King would be born. And-- We can actually use technology to go back in time to that period and confirm things like the movement and position of Jupiter, the Moon and the Sun, and it all fits precisely with the timeline.

There are many incorrect details of all this, but yeah... it likely happened close to how it is told. Jesus wasn't born in a manger, it was the lower level of a farm/house dwelling that was common in the time, they didn't have inns. It happened in December but Jesus was 8-months old. He was born in April. He may not even have been born in Jerusalem. The "wise men" weren't kings... we don't even know if there were three, they just brought three gifts and came from somewhere near modern day Iraq.

To me, it's just a fascinating story all the way through. Whether it is all true or not? No idea... But I think it is laughable to "conclude" that Jesus never existed.

He was the Son of God, the Logos.

Nothing to be ashamed of, if you believe it. I think the evidence fairly strong for it as well.

Prior to Jesus, religious practices of each nation varied and those that sacrificed animals to have their sins forgiven, which was not uncommon, had their sins 'rolled forward' to the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Any minister or Christian that has read much about their faith could have explained that to you.

So how long have you been digging for that little tidbit?

So you see, Jesus is Pure Love. That's simple to figure out if you have any intellect. Everything Jesus stood for is Love. Everything Jesus died for is Love.

I dont think the money changers were so comfortable with your assertion.

Also, you do realize that when you talk about 'love' to heathen, they tend to think of buggery and fucking, not altruistic love, right?

If you want to call "wishful thinking" evidence, then okay.

Prior to Jesus, religious practices of each nation varied and those that sacrificed animals to have their sins forgiven, which was not uncommon, had their sins 'rolled forward' to the perfect sacrifice of Jesus Christ.

Any minister or Christian that has read much about their faith could have explained that to you.

People from all over had different beliefs and some didn't have any beliefs in gods. The Greeks had their own set of "gods."

Did the native Americans believe in "god"? No, they did not.

Where did 'wishful thinking' come into play here? I said nothing of the sort.

People from all over had different beliefs and some didn't have any beliefs in gods. The Greeks had their own set of "gods."
The Greeks also had Aristotle and others who believed in a Creator before they were acquainted with the Jews too.

So what?

"Gods" are what ancient peoples used to explain away things they didn't understand. They would get hit with famine and think the gods were punishing them, so they would make a sacrifice or what not and think it was all good for a while until the next natural disaster.

Where did 'wishful thinking' come into play here? I said nothing of the sort.

The Greeks also had Aristotle and others who believed in a Creator before they were acquainted with the Jews too.

So what?

Your comment about evidence?

There are many, many different beliefs, and many different types of pagan beliefs were also very popular at one time.

"Gods" are what ancient peoples used to explain away things they didn't understand. They would get hit with famine and think the gods were punishing them, so they would make a sacrifice or what not and think it was all good for a while until the next natural disaster.
That is a modern spin on it, nothing more.

When Aristotle, Plato and Socrates developed their idea of a Creator, it had nothing to do with little godlings that you speak of, dear.

Forum List

Back