Why I don't believe in God

God came and visited moses, sent his son, talked to Noah Mohammad and Joseph Smith but today all he does today is show up like this?

Have these people ever made up what clouds look like? Hey, that one looks like a car. That one looks like a dog.

Omg the same people or mentality think an angel saved them or swear they so a ghost.

Huh? People are thankful for what they have, even if they aren't sure how they got so lucky. I'm thankful I wasn't born during the black plague. Should I thank God for that? Then the people who died of it should curse God for it. You can't have it both ways.

Why is this not computing in your brain? No one said people can't be thankful. No one said people can't be thankful FOR things. That has nothing to do with what was said, so why do you continue to think that's the argument? :dunno:

When you display gratitude (i.e.; give thanks) you have to express gratitude TO an object because it's an adverb. It makes no rational sense otherwise. Who are you thanking? Imagine if you were watching the music awards show and Jazzy Z won and stepped up to the mic and said... I would like to thank! IF that was all he said, you'd think he's on drugs or something because it makes no sense until something else follows.

So whenever you say that you are "thankful" there has to be an object to apply that adverb to. Whatever you are thankful FOR is not the object of your thanks because that doesn't make any rational sense. If Jazzy Z says "I am thankful to this award for being an award I am thankful for..." again, you'd think he must be on drugs.

Are you on drugs? :dunno:

I think you must be on drugs. You can be thankful for things you have and have to thank anyone. Now, how many more stupid ridiculous arguments are you going to come up with to argue about semantics? You aren't convincing any of us. Sorry.

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.
    "they were thankful that the war was finally over"
    synonyms: grateful, appreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
    "she was thankful that the evening was over"
    • expressing gratitude and relief.
      "an earnest and thankful prayer"

We've been through this. I know what the dictionary says. If you are grateful or appreciative, those are also adjectives that apply to an object of gratitude. Can the object of your gratitude not be stated? SURE!

I can say that I am in love... doesn't mean much by itself, does it? If you have no more information, you have no idea what I mean. I can say it... nothing wrong with it... I can insist that I am in love and I don't need to tell you what or whom I am in love with.

"She was thankful the evening was over." Who or what is she thankful to? We know what she is thankful for-- the evening being over. No one is arguing that. But if she has implied she is grateful or appreciative, there has to be something she credits. Otherwise, it is pointless and makes no sense. Who or what is she thanking? Does she have to say it? NO!

Huh? People are thankful for what they have, even if they aren't sure how they got so lucky. I'm thankful I wasn't born during the black plague. Should I thank God for that? Then the people who died of it should curse God for it. You can't have it both ways.

Why is this not computing in your brain? No one said people can't be thankful. No one said people can't be thankful FOR things. That has nothing to do with what was said, so why do you continue to think that's the argument? :dunno:

When you display gratitude (i.e.; give thanks) you have to express gratitude TO an object because it's an adverb. It makes no rational sense otherwise. Who are you thanking? Imagine if you were watching the music awards show and Jazzy Z won and stepped up to the mic and said... I would like to thank! IF that was all he said, you'd think he's on drugs or something because it makes no sense until something else follows.

So whenever you say that you are "thankful" there has to be an object to apply that adverb to. Whatever you are thankful FOR is not the object of your thanks because that doesn't make any rational sense. If Jazzy Z says "I am thankful to this award for being an award I am thankful for..." again, you'd think he must be on drugs.

I think you must be on drugs. You can be thankful for things you have and have to thank anyone. Now, how many more stupid ridiculous arguments are you going to come up with to argue about semantics? You aren't convincing any of us. Sorry.

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.

We've been through this. I know what the dictionary says. If you are grateful or appreciative, those are also adjectives that apply to an object of gratitude. Can the object of your gratitude not be stated? SURE!

I can say that I am in love... doesn't mean much by itself, does it? If you have no more information, you have no idea what I mean. I can say it... nothing wrong with it... I can insist that I am in love and I don't need to tell you what or whom I am in love with.

"She was thankful the evening was over." Who or what is she thankful to? We know what she is thankful for-- the evening being over. No one is arguing that. But if she has implied she is grateful or appreciative, there has to be something she credits. Otherwise, it is pointless and makes no sense. Who or what is she thanking? Does she have to say it? NO!

It sure can. If I almost got hit by a car yesterday, I would be "thankful" that it didn't happen. Makes perfect sense to me.

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.

You need to stop this now. Just stop. You are beginning to sound like you have a serious learning disability or something.

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.

It sure can. If I almost got hit by a car yesterday, I would be "thankful" that it didn't happen. Makes perfect sense to me.

Who are you thankful to? Your guardian angel? :dunno:

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.

You are confusing "to thank" with "thankful." Two completely different things. Thankful is more of an emotion. To thank is an action.

You see, I'm not "thanking" anyone. I don't have to thank anyone to "feel" thankful, or relieved, or glad. If I almost got hit by a car but didn't, I might also feel lucky.

Now, what is this little exercise in semantics proving?

You need to stop this now. Just stop. You are beginning to sound like you have a serious learning disability or something.

No, there is no learning disability, just stubbornness. You and silly boob keep insisting you can be thankful to some mysterious unnamed object that you won't define. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things. What or who are you thanking? You keep insisting that you don't have to tell me and you're correct, you don't have to name the object of your thanks.

No, there is no learning disability, just stubbornness. You and silly boob keep insisting you can be thankful to some mysterious unnamed object that you won't define. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things. What or who are you thanking? You keep insisting that you don't have to tell me and you're correct, you don't have to name the object of your thanks.

I've TOLD you at least a half dozen times, I feel thankful to nobody in particular. Okay? Can you deal with that or not?

Don't worry about Bossy, he's confused. He believes in god but thinks he doesn't. Go figure. :dunno:

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.

You are confusing "to thank" with "thankful." Two completely different things. Thankful is more of an emotion. To thank is an action.

I've not confused anything. Thankful means full of thanks.

I've TOLD you at least a half dozen times, I feel thankful to nobody in particular. Okay? Can you deal with that or not?

So when you say you're thankful, you don't really mean anything? :dunno:

So when you say you're thankful, you don't really mean anything? :dunno:
Now you know what it's like talking to you. :lol:

How about this for an explanation? I am thankful that was I lucky enough to avoid serious injury or death. There. Your problem is solved. Now, can we get back to talking about the more interesting aspects of "beliefs" and why some of us do not believe? Please. :)

Don't worry about Bossy, he's confused. He believes in god but thinks he doesn't. Go figure. :dunno:

I've not ever said I don't believe in God. I don't believe in an invisible man on a cloud wearing a white robe with a white beard and speaking in the voice of Charlton Heston. My God is not conventional and doesn't have humanistic attributes. It's beyond physical and above human emotions. It's not supernatural, it's spiritual energy of which we are ALL connected to as human beings.

You're the one who is confused, along with Chris and silly boob. You've somehow convinced yourself that the ONLY possible God that could ever exist is the Christian incarnation of God. Don't ask me why you're so narrow minded, I have no idea.

How about this for an explanation? I am thankful that was I lucky enough to avoid serious injury or death. There. Your problem is solved. Now, can we get back to talking about the more interesting aspects of "beliefs" and why some of us do not believe? Please. :)

So you thank the power of luck and random chance??? ;)

Forum List

Back