Why I don't believe in God

You need to stop this now. Just stop. You are beginning to sound like you have a serious learning disability or something.

No, there is no learning disability, just stubbornness. You and silly boob keep insisting you can be thankful to some mysterious unnamed object that you won't define. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things. What or who are you thanking? You keep insisting that you don't have to tell me and you're correct, you don't have to name the object of your thanks.
Don't worry about Bossy, he's confused. He believes in god but thinks he doesn't. Go figure. :dunno:

I've not ever said I don't believe in God. I don't believe in an invisible man on a cloud wearing a white robe with a white beard and speaking in the voice of Charlton Heston. My God is not conventional and doesn't have humanistic attributes. It's beyond physical and above human emotions. It's not supernatural, it's spiritual energy of which we are ALL connected to as human beings.

You're the one who is confused, along with Chris and silly boob. You've somehow convinced yourself that the ONLY possible God that could ever exist is the Christian incarnation of God. Don't ask me why you're so narrow minded, I have no idea.
I'm agnostic, so you fail again. And you believe in the invisible, no-proof theory, which is god by another name. Just as long as you realize that you're just as delusional as those whom you mock for thanking their invisible MrBig.

I'm agnostic, so you fail again. And you believe in the invisible, no-proof theory, which is god by another name. Just as long as you realize that you're just as delusional as those whom you mock for thanking their invisible MrBig.

96% of the universe is "invisible" to physical science. :dunno:

You need to stop this now. Just stop. You are beginning to sound like you have a serious learning disability or something.

No, there is no learning disability, just stubbornness. You and silly boob keep insisting you can be thankful to some mysterious unnamed object that you won't define. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things. What or who are you thanking? You keep insisting that you don't have to tell me and you're correct, you don't have to name the object of your thanks.

How about this for an explanation? I am thankful that was I lucky enough to avoid serious injury or death. There. Your problem is solved. Now, can we get back to talking about the more interesting aspects of "beliefs" and why some of us do not believe? Please. :)

So you thank the power of luck and random chance??? ;)
Yes!

And remember boss it is you religious people who cherry pick what you want to believe. The Muslims made up their own story.

So we don't only deny the existence of Christianity. They are just one man made up thing. Your generic God is a little more plausible but not much.

Because without the organized religion you REALLY have no evidence.

I suspect the original humans that made up God made up your kind of God and when that wasn't enough to convince that's when moses made up the story of a visit.

Yea but blow into your hand. Did you feel that? There are more senses than sight. The air is there my friend.

It's invisible to our present detection methods. Scientists are working to correct that.

So you're saying that your god is Dark Matter and Dark Energy?

Yea but blow into your hand. Did you feel that? There are more senses than sight. The air is there my friend.

96% of the universe is undetectable by any of our physical senses. Look at your hand... do you see, hear, feel, taste or smell the particles of dark matter going through it?

It's invisible to our present detection methods. Scientists are working to correct that.

No they're not, they can't. You can't evaluate or measure something that can't be isolated and observed. The only reason we know dark matter exists is because of math.

I am not saying God is dark matter and dark energy, just giving you an example that is beyond our physical comprehension. It makes up... not 20% or 50%... but 96% of our universe.

I suspect the original humans that made up God made up your kind of God...

Well, you have shown no evidence that humans made up God and it simply defies logic. We've been through all of this... you cannot imagine something that isn't real and have it explain anything unless you're a crazy person. IF you could, then just start believing in the God you don't believe is real! All your questions should automatically be answered by doing that! So obviously, you are living proof that humans are incapable of doing that... yet that's your argument.

I find discussing the history of religion and theories on how it came to be (other than the religious people's theories of course - lol) much more interesting than arguing about whether or not there is actually a God or gods. I don't believe in religions, but I find it to be a fascinating topic. I find the fact that so many people believe in it to be fascinating too. I think of it almost like a form of "mass hysteria." Not to mention, "beliefs" are pounded into your head from the time you are a baby in a lot of cases, and you are told if you don't believe, this or that will happen, so it's very scary for us "nonbelievers" or "doubters" to actually come forward and say we are different and we don't believe. We know there are going to be people who "hate us" for feeling that way. Call us "demons", etc. :)

Because without the organized religion you REALLY have no evidence.

Human spirituality has existed for as long as humans have been civilized. Religion came much later and is evidence of strong and abiding human spiritual connection. Humans DID invent Religion, they did NOT invent human spirituality. That's why you have no evidence it was invented.

Well, you have shown no evidence that humans made up God and it simply defies logic. We've been through all of this... you cannot imagine something that isn't real and have it explain anything unless you're a crazy person. IF you could, then just start believing in the God you don't believe is real! All your questions should automatically be answered by doing that! So obviously, you are living proof that humans are incapable of doing that... yet that's your argument.
You are living example of exactly how humans invented God.

Watching you is like going back in time.

You are living example of exactly how humans invented God.

Watching you is like going back in time.

He is one annoying bloke, isn't he? :D

And remember boss it is you religious people who...

But I am not RELIGIOUS... do you have peanut butter in your ears today?
Some days you worship Jesus. I've seen it. You are boss cherry picker.

I worship positive spiritual energy. I think the message and teachings of Jesus was probably one of the most profound things to ever happen to mankind. I find nothing offensive or undesirable about what Jesus taught. His message is pure love and forgiveness.

I find discussing the history of religion and theories on how it came to be (other than the religious people's theories of course - lol) much more interesting than arguing about whether or not there is actually a God or gods. I don't believe in religions, but I find it to be a fascinating topic. I find the fact that so many people believe in it to be fascinating too. I think of it almost like a form of "mass hysteria." Not to mention, "beliefs" are pounded into your head from the time you are a baby in a lot of cases, and you are told if you don't believe, this or that will happen, so it's very scary for us "nonbelievers" or "doubters" to actually come forward and say we are different and we don't believe. We know there are going to be people who "hate us" for feeling that way. Call us "demons", etc. :)

I can agree with a lot of what you and others say about religions. They can be awful and cause all kinds of turmoil... but they can also do great things for humanity. It's a mixed bag. I don't belong to any organized religion or adhere to any religious dogma. I think anything man-made is inherently flawed. I've had religious people call me an Atheist because I rejected their incarnation of God. It doesn't bother me but I don't consider myself an Atheist. I'm also not Agnostic... those people are even dumber than Atheists. At least the Atheist knows what he believes.

In conversing with you, I see a person who is somewhat lost in terms of connection to her spirituality and that concerns me. You are too much of a sweetheart to ignore and deny your spirit. You don't have to be religious to be spiritual. Your fear is that embracing your spirituality will lead you to religious beliefs which you don't agree with. So you are sort of like a spiritual anorexic. I can tell you, as someone who is not religious or trying to 'convert' you, that your life is much better and well-rounded when you are in touch with your spiritual self.

No they're not, they can't. You can't evaluate or measure something that can't be isolated and observed. The only reason we know dark matter exists is because of math.

I am not saying God is dark matter and dark energy, just giving you an example that is beyond our physical comprehension. It makes up... not 20% or 50%... but 96% of our universe.
So you think that scientists came upon DM and DE and said to themselves: naw, let's not try to solve this puzzle? Ummm... no. :D
And it's not "beyond our physical comprehension". Scientists will figure it out. But it looks like it might be beyond YOUR physical comprehension. :lol:

Forum List

Back