Why I don't believe in God

I'm agnostic, so you fail again. And you believe in the invisible, no-proof theory, which is god by another name. Just as long as you realize that you're just as delusional as those whom you mock for thanking their invisible MrBig.

96% of the universe is "invisible" to physical science. :dunno:
It's invisible to our present detection methods. Scientists are working to correct that.

So you're saying that your god is Dark Matter and Dark Energy?

No they're not, they can't. You can't evaluate or measure something that can't be isolated and observed. The only reason we know dark matter exists is because of math.

I am not saying God is dark matter and dark energy, just giving you an example that is beyond our physical comprehension. It makes up... not 20% or 50%... but 96% of our universe.
So you think that scientists came upon DM and DE and said to themselves: naw, let's not try to solve this puzzle? Ummm... no. :D
And it's not "beyond our physical comprehension". Scientists will figure it out. But it looks like it might be beyond YOUR physical comprehension. :lol:

I didn't say anything about scientists not trying to solve puzzles. It's just that, the more they try to solve this one, the more it seems to indicate a Creator or something that physical nature cannot explain.

DE and DM most certainly ARE beyond our physical comprehension in terms of physical science. We can't observe or measure it directly. The ONLY reason we know it's there is because math says it has to be there.

I'm agnostic, so you fail again. And you believe in the invisible, no-proof theory, which is god by another name. Just as long as you realize that you're just as delusional as those whom you mock for thanking their invisible MrBig.

96% of the universe is "invisible" to physical science. :dunno:
It's invisible to our present detection methods. Scientists are working to correct that.

So you're saying that your god is Dark Matter and Dark Energy?

No they're not, they can't. You can't evaluate or measure something that can't be isolated and observed. The only reason we know dark matter exists is because of math.

I am not saying God is dark matter and dark energy, just giving you an example that is beyond our physical comprehension. It makes up... not 20% or 50%... but 96% of our universe.
So you think that scientists came upon DM and DE and said to themselves: naw, let's not try to solve this puzzle? Ummm... no. :D
And it's not "beyond our physical comprehension". Scientists will figure it out. But it looks like it might be beyond YOUR physical comprehension. :lol:

I didn't say anything about scientists not trying to solve puzzles. It's just that, the more they try to solve this one, the more it seems to indicate a Creator or something that physical nature cannot explain.

DE and DM most certainly ARE beyond our physical comprehension in terms of physical science. We can't observe or measure it directly. The ONLY reason we know it's there is because math says it has to be there.
If there's something there, scientists will eventually build the right kind of detector.

If there's something there, scientists will eventually build the right kind of detector.

LMAO... you don't really understand physics, do you?
OH NO!!! RUN!!! Bossy is about to explain physics!!!!!!! AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! :D

How can you build a detector to detect something that just goes through the equipment?
:dunno:
That's up to scientists to figure out. In time, they will.

In time they will defy physics? :dunno:

I think the faith is strong with you!

You see, I'm not "thanking" anyone. I don't have to thank anyone to "feel" thankful, or relieved, or glad. If I almost got hit by a car but didn't, I might also feel lucky.

Now, what is this little exercise in semantics proving?
that you are wrong about being thankful?.....

You need to stop this now. Just stop. You are beginning to sound like you have a serious learning disability or something.

No, there is no learning disability, just stubbornness. You and silly boob keep insisting you can be thankful to some mysterious unnamed object that you won't define. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things. What or who are you thanking? You keep insisting that you don't have to tell me and you're correct, you don't have to name the object of your thanks.

How about this for an explanation? I am thankful that was I lucky enough to avoid serious injury or death. There. Your problem is solved. Now, can we get back to talking about the more interesting aspects of "beliefs" and why some of us do not believe? Please. :)

So you thank the power of luck and random chance??? ;)
he's very superstitious.......

How can you build a detector to detect something that just goes through the equipment?
...said the man full of faith......

You need to stop this now. Just stop. You are beginning to sound like you have a serious learning disability or something.

No, there is no learning disability, just stubbornness. You and silly boob keep insisting you can be thankful to some mysterious unnamed object that you won't define. I'm simply trying to get to the bottom of things. What or who are you thanking? You keep insisting that you don't have to tell me and you're correct, you don't have to name the object of your thanks.

How about this for an explanation? I am thankful that was I lucky enough to avoid serious injury or death. There. Your problem is solved. Now, can we get back to talking about the more interesting aspects of "beliefs" and why some of us do not believe? Please. :)

So you thank the power of luck and random chance??? ;)
he's very superstitious.......

I think you are a VERY confused individual. :D I really don't have anything to discuss with you. Bye now!

I find discussing the history of religion and theories on how it came to be (other than the religious people's theories of course - lol) much more interesting than arguing about whether or not there is actually a God or gods. I don't believe in religions, but I find it to be a fascinating topic. I find the fact that so many people believe in it to be fascinating too. I think of it almost like a form of "mass hysteria." Not to mention, "beliefs" are pounded into your head from the time you are a baby in a lot of cases, and you are told if you don't believe, this or that will happen, so it's very scary for us "nonbelievers" or "doubters" to actually come forward and say we are different and we don't believe. We know there are going to be people who "hate us" for feeling that way. Call us "demons", etc. :)

I can agree with a lot of what you and others say about religions. They can be awful and cause all kinds of turmoil... but they can also do great things for humanity. It's a mixed bag. I don't belong to any organized religion or adhere to any religious dogma. I think anything man-made is inherently flawed. I've had religious people call me an Atheist because I rejected their incarnation of God. It doesn't bother me but I don't consider myself an Atheist. I'm also not Agnostic... those people are even dumber than Atheists. At least the Atheist knows what he believes.

In conversing with you, I see a person who is somewhat lost in terms of connection to her spirituality and that concerns me. You are too much of a sweetheart to ignore and deny your spirit. You don't have to be religious to be spiritual. Your fear is that embracing your spirituality will lead you to religious beliefs which you don't agree with. So you are sort of like a spiritual anorexic. I can tell you, as someone who is not religious or trying to 'convert' you, that your life is much better and well-rounded when you are in touch with your spiritual self.

I appreciate your concern. Thank you. :)

Maybe you're right. :dunno: I don't really feel that I need to have spirituality or anything like that in my life though. To be honest, I really don't even know what "spirituality" might be other than being related to feelings and emotions.

...said the man full of faith......
Faith is the belief in something unprovable. The total opposite of science.

Forum List

Back