Why I don't believe in God

You have to really WANT to believe in God to believe in God.
duh......and you have to want to not believe in him to not believe in him......did someone hit you on the head when you were young?.....
I would love nothing more than to believe but from what I see it's made up.

That being said, the soup kitchen was of course run by Christians. Very nice people and a very nice program they run.

My nephews were amazed how I walked right in and immediately got everyone talking. The people in need were all black ex cons, alcoholics and drugs, etc. The one guy taught all the kids we brought how to play dominos. We talked politics, etc.

I really think it was a good experience for us and the people in need.
nice......but it doesn't explain why you choose to believe its all made up......

^^^

So, you see, I can feel pleased and relieved, appreciative and grateful for things that I have without having to "thank" anyone in particular. :D
agreed.......you can be pleased, you can be relieved......you can be appreciative and grateful.........but you can't be thank, without someone to thank......

You can't be thank? What on earth does that even mean?
precisely, without an object, what on earth does it mean, to thank?......

That isn't how you used the word originally. You used it incorrectly. Lol. I can certainly be thankful without thanking anyone. That is just a fact. Sorry if it bothers you, but you are starting to become a pest, really. Like a mosquito.
/shrugs.....except I haven't used it incorrectly.......the fact that you consider yourself "thankful" though you deny the existence of One to thank merely shows you haven't completely thought through the concept of "atheism" yet.......part and parcel of why I consider atheists to be truly irrational..........
Huh? People are thankful for what they have, even if they aren't sure how they got so lucky. I'm thankful I wasn't born during the black plague. Should I thank God for that? Then the people who died of it should curse God for it. You can't have it both ways.

I disagree with your opinion. :D
????.....it isn't an opinion......its English...........Have you ever in your life seen a sentence "I thank."..........

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
interesting......this proves my point......
Adjective
In linguistics, an adjective is a describing word, the main syntactic role of which is to qualify a noun or noun phrase, giving more information about the object signified. Adjectives are one of the English parts of speech, although historically they were classed together with the nouns.
what is the noun that your adjective is qualifying?........in other words, what is the object of your thanks?......

Thankful, describing what you are thankful for, not WHOM. Lol. I'm sorry, but you are just not nearly as clever as you seem to think you are, but keep the faith! ;)
if no one gave you what you are thankful for, there is no one to thank, thus thanks would be meaningless.......if someone did give it to you, they would be the one to give thanks to......
I guess I can totally see how a Christian or Muslim would be giving thanks to God for what theyve been blessed with. But as an atheist I guess we just don't know why we were lucky enough to be born in this day and age but we are thankful for it. If it was a gods doing awesome thank God!

Huh? People are thankful for what they have, even if they aren't sure how they got so lucky. I'm thankful I wasn't born during the black plague. Should I thank God for that? Then the people who died of it should curse God for it. You can't have it both ways.

Why is this not computing in your brain? No one said people can't be thankful. No one said people can't be thankful FOR things. That has nothing to do with what was said, so why do you continue to think that's the argument? :dunno:

When you display gratitude (i.e.; give thanks) you have to express gratitude TO an object because it's an adverb. It makes no rational sense otherwise. Who are you thanking? Imagine if you were watching the music awards show and Jazzy Z won and stepped up to the mic and said... I would like to thank! IF that was all he said, you'd think he's on drugs or something because it makes no sense until something else follows.

So whenever you say that you are "thankful" there has to be an object to apply that adverb to. Whatever you are thankful FOR is not the object of your thanks because that doesn't make any rational sense. If Jazzy Z says "I am thankful to this award for being an award I am thankful for..." again, you'd think he must be on drugs.

Are you on drugs? :dunno:

Why is this not computing in your brain? No one said people can't be thankful. No one said people can't be thankful FOR things. That has nothing to do with what was said, so why do you continue to think that's the argument? :dunno:

When you display gratitude (i.e.; give thanks) you have to express gratitude TO an object because it's an adverb. It makes no rational sense otherwise. Who are you thanking? Imagine if you were watching the music awards show and Jazzy Z won and stepped up to the mic and said... I would like to thank! IF that was all he said, you'd think he's on drugs or something because it makes no sense until something else follows.

So whenever you say that you are "thankful" there has to be an object to apply that adverb to. Whatever you are thankful FOR is not the object of your thanks because that doesn't make any rational sense. If Jazzy Z says "I am thankful to this award for being an award I am thankful for..." again, you'd think he must be on drugs.

Are you on drugs? :dunno:

I think you must be on drugs. You can be thankful for things you have and have to thank anyone. Now, how many more stupid ridiculous arguments are you going to come up with to argue about semantics? You aren't convincing any of us. Sorry.

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.
    "they were thankful that the war was finally over"
    synonyms: grateful, appreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
    "she was thankful that the evening was over"
    • expressing gratitude and relief.
      "an earnest and thankful prayer"
      synonyms: grateful, appreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
      "she was thankful that the evening was over"

Brainwashed. These people have been brainwashed. Ever see that creepy commercial for some religious music CD where they sing "God Is Watching Us" as they slowing sway from side to side, with their faces pointed up and eyes closed. Holy shit! That is some creepy shit, man! :lol: One of the creepiest commercials I've ever seen.

Brainwashed. These people have been brainwashed. Ever see that creepy commercial for some religious music CD where they sing "God Is Watching Us" as they slowing sway from side to side, with their faces pointed up and eyes closed. Holy shit! That is some creepy shit, man! :lol: One of the creepiest commercials I've ever seen.

Is it bad to be brainwashed? No doubts, no thoughts, only stamps and endless happiness? :)

Is it bad to be brainwashed? No doubts, no thoughts, only stamps and endless happiness? :)

The saying "ignorance is bliss" is very true, I think. :D

Jesus loves me this I know because the bible tells me so is the chant that creeps me out.

Mohammad talked to God this I know because the Koran says so.

All Christian denominations are made up this I know because logic and my brain tell me so.

Jesus loves me this I know because the bible tells me so is the chant that creeps me out.

All Christian denominations are made up this I know because logic and my brain tell me so.

I find "God is Watching Us" to be a bit more creepy. Please don't watch me, God. It's creepy. :D Lol.

I'm thankful for my family, fans and my manager. And my health. I'm lucky.

I know what you are thankful FOR... what are you thanking?

Karma? :dunno:

Thankful is another way of saying "relieved" too. Now, get with the program and stop acting foolish.
If so many of us have a problem with bossolicism maybe it doesn't make as much sense as he thinks. But it makes perfect sense to him.

Reminds me of my dad. He is stuck on the idea there has to be a God because the body and world is made too perfectly. Never mind the body and world aren't perfect. He explains that this God made the universe but doesn't micromanage it.

And if a kid gets cancer, maybe the parents did something wrong like smoke during pregnancy.

He doesn't realize "it must be god" is a stretch.

I'm thankful for my family, fans and my manager. And my health. I'm lucky.

I know what you are thankful FOR... what are you thanking?

Karma? :dunno:

Thankful is another way of saying "relieved" too. Now, get with the program and stop acting foolish.
If so many of us have a problem with bossolicism maybe it doesn't make as much sense as he thinks. But it makes perfect sense to him.

Reminds me of my dad. He is stuck on the idea there has to be a God because the body and world is made too perfectly. Never mind the body and world aren't perfect. He explains that this God made the universe but doesn't micromanage it.

And if a kid gets cancer, maybe the parents did something wrong like smoke during pregnancy.

He doesn't realize "it must be god" is a stretch.

I find "God is Watching Us" to be a bit more creepy. Please don't watch me, God. It's creepy. :D Lol.
How do Christians believe that yet masturbate anyways? I couldn't even do it if a person was watching.

How do Christians believe that yet masturbate anyways? I couldn't even do it if a person was watching.

:lol: Voyeurism.

Forum List

Back