Why I don't believe in God

Oh good grief, I'm done here. You are just ridiculous.

How have I been ridiculous? By not accepting your premise that nothing greater than self exists? :dunno:

You are annoying me with your insistence that there is with nothing but "feelings" to back you up.

But there are lots of things other than feelings to back me up. I used love as an example because I figure most people can relate to what love is. Maybe I am wrong? But you've yet to define what love is or how you can measure it physically.

Signs of human spirituality are present in every human civilization we've ever unearthed. Literally billions and billions of people have given their testimonials to the power of something greater than self. Some of their accounts are quite remarkable and impressive. I can't believe they are ALL full of shit.

Love is an emotion due to dopamine and pleasure receptors in your brain. :)
so, by administering dopamine we can cause "love"?......

I posted a link that explains all of that. :)

Thankful to whom?

You don't have to be thankful to anyone. You can just be thankful that things are going well.

What do you mean??? Thankful to WHO? Yourself?

You can feel thankful for what you have. You don't have to be thankful towards anyone. Don't you understand that? Sad. :(
irrational.......you can feel happy......you can even feel tickled pink......but you cannot feel "thankful" without someone to feel "thankful" to.......

Well, I do. :) I'm thankful to be alive and to have my good health. I'm thankful for lots of things. I realize that a lot of people have it a lot worse than I do, so that makes me feel thankful. I don't think that's by some "design" by god. I think there are plenty of good people who live not so good lives probably in other countries or whatever, so I certainly don't think it's because I am "blessed" in any way. I am lucky compared to some is all.
more logically, you are happy to be alive and have good health......I'm not saying that you should consider it to be by some gods' design....they may actually have it in for you......my point is, it is irrational for you to use the word "thankful" when you don't believe there is anyone to "thank".......

Thankful to whom?

You don't have to be thankful to anyone. You can just be thankful that things are going well.

You can feel thankful for what you have. You don't have to be thankful towards anyone. Don't you understand that? Sad. :(
irrational.......you can feel happy......you can even feel tickled pink......but you cannot feel "thankful" without someone to feel "thankful" to.......

Well, I do. :) I'm thankful to be alive and to have my good health. I'm thankful for lots of things. I realize that a lot of people have it a lot worse than I do, so that makes me feel thankful. I don't think that's by some "design" by god. I think there are plenty of good people who live not so good lives probably in other countries or whatever, so I certainly don't think it's because I am "blessed" in any way. I am lucky compared to some is all.
Being thankful is not really important. Praying for the lost is.
(Not that you asked my opinion but ....)

How have I been ridiculous? By not accepting your premise that nothing greater than self exists? :dunno:

You are annoying me with your insistence that there is with nothing but "feelings" to back you up.

But there are lots of things other than feelings to back me up. I used love as an example because I figure most people can relate to what love is. Maybe I am wrong? But you've yet to define what love is or how you can measure it physically.

Signs of human spirituality are present in every human civilization we've ever unearthed. Literally billions and billions of people have given their testimonials to the power of something greater than self. Some of their accounts are quite remarkable and impressive. I can't believe they are ALL full of shit.

that post I have not seen.....if "love" is a purely physical reaction we ought to be able to simulate it chemically.........

Being thankful is not really important. Praying for the lost is.
(Not that you asked my opinion but ....)
are you thankful for having lost to pray for?.......

that post I have not seen.....if "love" is a purely physical reaction we ought to be able to simulate it chemically.........

The science of love

more logically, you are happy to be alive and have good health......I'm not saying that you should consider it to be by some gods' design....they may actually have it in for you......my point is, it is irrational for you to use the word "thankful" when you don't believe there is anyone to "thank".......

I disagree with your opinion. :D

????.....it isn't an opinion......its English...........Have you ever in your life seen a sentence "I thank."..........

I'm just not sure that you can have "spirituality" without accompanying supernatural type of belief system
New Age, Rastafarian, crystal loving, zenned out yoga instructors would disagree with you......

I consider a lot of that stuff to be kind of "supernatural" as well. Those crystals and things? Definitely supernatural beliefs involved there.

I'm just not sure that you can have "spirituality" without accompanying supernatural type of belief system
New Age, Rastafarian, crystal loving, zenned out yoga instructors would disagree with you......

I consider a lot of that stuff to be kind of "supernatural" as well. Those crystals and things? Definitely supernatural beliefs involved there.
uh, crystals are rocks.....about as natural as you can get......

Do you know anything about that belief in crystals? People believe that they have "powers." Lol. I guess you didn't understand my post.

My neighbor was into those crystal things, so yeah, I'm familiar with that particular belief. Lol. She would always want me to hold the crystals and tell her how I feel. I never really felt anything to be honest. I'd humor her though, and say, oh yeah. Cool! :D

Do you know anything about that belief in crystals? People believe that they have "powers." Lol. I guess you didn't understand my post.
I will admit that I have not paid that much attention to their beliefs......do they claim the rocks to have supernatural or natural powers?......logically, since the rocks themselves are natural, it would seem to follow that their "powers" would be natural.......particularly if they believe the powers can be sensed.......

Last edited:

????.....it isn't an opinion......its English...........Have you ever in your life seen a sentence "I thank."..........

I have heard the sentence, I am thankful for my health, etc.

thank·ful
ˈTHaNGkfəl/
adjective
  1. pleased and relieved.
    "they were thankful that the war was finally over"
    synonyms: grateful, appreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
    "she was thankful that the evening was over"
    • expressing gratitude and relief.
      "an earnest and thankful prayer"
      synonyms: grateful, appreciative, filled with gratitude, relieved
      "she was thankful that the evening was over"

Forum List