Why I don't believe in God

they're just a pile of bones.

Says someone who denies Science.

Those of us who understand how Archaeology works, understand we can learn a lot from "just a pile of bones" and what we've learned from Lake Mungo is that humans then were spiritual. They practiced ritual ceremony burial and cremation of the dead using red ocher and there is no practical explanation other than spiritual belief.

So if humans were spiritual 40k years ago, human spirituality already existed for thousands of years before you say the first human civilization existed... proving my point that humans have been spiritual as long as humans have been civilized. Your concession is duly noted.

I didn't say that either. I just pointed out that you were wrong about Mungo being the earliest civilization found, because you were wrong and you know it.

How was I wrong when you showed evidence of a civilization from 8,500 years ago?

Are you illiterate or something? Did you fail math? 40,000 is much older than 8,500! Are you claiming the Lake Mungo discovery is a hoax or something? Please explain!! :dunno:
You said it was the oldest human civilization found. It's not, it doesn't qualify as a civilization. Suck it up crybaby.

Now we're into a semantics thing again? You just don't fucking quit, do you? :dunno:

I think I originally said "settlement" but whatever. 40k predated 8.5k... even a moron can understand that. Regardless... BOTH examples show evidence of human spiritual belief.

Did you have a point?
Fuck are you ever stupid. The first civilization was found to be dated to 6500 bc. Your 40k bones aren't considered to form a civilization, they're just a pile of bones. What's not to get? You're wrong again.

Well like I said, you're now relegated to arguing semantics. Humans have been spiritual for all of human civilization. We can go by your contention of civilization origin 6,500 BC or the Lake Mungo settlements from 40k years ago. Both show humans were spiritual. So petty arguing over semantics is irrelevant to the point. Either way, humans are still inherently spiritual creatures.
Not my contentions that civilization started 8500 years ago, it's all the scientists who say so. Whereas it's only your opinion that Mungo was a civilization, no one else claims such a thing. Is it sinking in yet that you're wrong?

Those of us who understand how Archaeology works, understand we can learn a lot from "just a pile of bones" and what we've learned from Lake Mungo is that humans then were spiritual. They practiced ritual ceremony burial and cremation of the dead using red ocher and there is no practical explanation other than spiritual belief.

So if humans were spiritual 40k years ago, human spirituality already existed for thousands of years before you say the first human civilization existed... proving my point that humans have been spiritual as long as humans have been civilized. Your concession is duly noted.
I said nothing of what you just claimed, but I understand, you're shaken from realizing that you were wrong. The Great Bossy, admits he's wrong! Now go buy a clue, you could use it.
I know that spirituality had to start somewhere, like stone tools, you claimed that it's inherent to humans because of this Mungo find. So I'll state it again, you still have nothing. Please try again.

How was I wrong when you showed evidence of a civilization from 8,500 years ago?

Are you illiterate or something? Did you fail math? 40,000 is much older than 8,500! Are you claiming the Lake Mungo discovery is a hoax or something? Please explain!! :dunno:
You said it was the oldest human civilization found. It's not, it doesn't qualify as a civilization. Suck it up crybaby.

Now we're into a semantics thing again? You just don't fucking quit, do you? :dunno:

I think I originally said "settlement" but whatever. 40k predated 8.5k... even a moron can understand that. Regardless... BOTH examples show evidence of human spiritual belief.

Did you have a point?
Fuck are you ever stupid. The first civilization was found to be dated to 6500 bc. Your 40k bones aren't considered to form a civilization, they're just a pile of bones. What's not to get? You're wrong again.

Well like I said, you're now relegated to arguing semantics. Humans have been spiritual for all of human civilization. We can go by your contention of civilization origin 6,500 BC or the Lake Mungo settlements from 40k years ago. Both show humans were spiritual. So petty arguing over semantics is irrelevant to the point. Either way, humans are still inherently spiritual creatures.
Not my contentions that civilization started 8500 years ago, it's all the scientists who say so. Whereas it's only your opinion that Mungo was a civilization, no one else claims such a thing. Is it sinking in yet that you're wrong?

Okay, I retract my comment that Lake Mungo was a "civilization" and was instead, a settlement.

You feel better now?

Humans have always been spiritual... since BEFORE civilization! And even BETTER argument... THANKS! ;)

I said nothing of what you just claimed, but I understand, you're shaken from realizing that you were wrong. The Great Bossy, admits he's wrong! Now go buy a clue, you could use it.
I know that spirituality had to start somewhere, like stone tools, you claimed that it's inherent to humans because of this Mungo find. So I'll state it again, you still have nothing. Please try again.

Did I misquote you saying "just a pile of bones?"

Did I misquote you saying "just a pile of bones?"
It was in the context of "it's not a civilization, just a pile of bones". So what? You going to nit pick at a word again? Instead of trying to prove that spirituality is inherent to humans? Ahhh! the I-have-nothing deflection time. Carry on.

Instead of trying to prove that spirituality is inherent to humans?

Obviously it is... We've been spiritual longer than we've been civilized!
Obviously just your opinion. So now we're starting lap 2? You lost lap 1, lap 2 won't be any different unless you come up with something real. Because at the end of lap 1, you had nothing.

Not my contentions that civilization started 8500 years ago, it's all the scientists who say so.
if I had a dollar for every idiotic statement ever made in a claim "all scientists say....." I would retire and spend more time here.......
I posted a link that you're welcome to check out. Google it as well, you'll see. But if you don't believe in science, then nobody can help you.

Obviously just your opinion. So now we're starting lap 2? You lost lap 1, lap 2 won't be any different unless you come up with something real. Because at the end of lap 1, you had nothing.

Dude... you are on record.

Ok, first links says he was ritually cremated some 42,000 years ago. Ok, link looks authentic, so that wasn't so hard for you to do, was it?
Third link says, "Mungo Lady is the oldest known cremation in the world, giving some idea of just how long spiritual beliefs have characterised our species. " (even though nobody explains why that's the conclusion of a cremation, but whatever, we move on...)
Ok, so the earliest ritual ceremony around a death is 42,000 years ago. So remind me, how does this prove spirituality is inherent in humans and not something like stone tools that we simply picked up along the way? And also, what about before that, man wasn't spiritual for the previous millions of years?

You read it and confirmed it... now you are saying there was "nothing"??? :dunno:

You really do need to have your head checked. You admitted humans were practicing spiritual beliefs 42k years ago, then started demanding to know why they couldn't have "picked that up along the way" or what about the previous "millions" of years... (humans are thought to have existed 200k years at best).

I went on to explain to you why the cremations were spiritual... the use of red ocher in their ceremony. I agreed that at some point, humans probably became spiritually aware and it has been an inherent trait of humans ever since. And we don't really know what happened before this because we haven't yet discovered it. But the whole argument began when I said that humans have been spiritual as long as they've been civilized. You've spent the last page arguing (for some reason) they weren't civilized until 8,500 years ago. Okay, so they were being spiritual 42k years ago. Now you laughingly claim I've showed you nothing... what has all this been about?

Why don't you just admit that it does not matter what evidence you're shown, your mind is made up and it's not going to be changed? That would at least be honest and people could respect that if nothing else... but this is pathetic. No, Ronda Rousey, I don't think you need to answer the bell for Round 2.... fight's over, baby!

Dude... you are on record.

Ok, first links says he was ritually cremated some 42,000 years ago. Ok, link looks authentic, so that wasn't so hard for you to do, was it?
Third link says, "Mungo Lady is the oldest known cremation in the world, giving some idea of just how long spiritual beliefs have characterised our species. " (even though nobody explains why that's the conclusion of a cremation, but whatever, we move on...)
Ok, so the earliest ritual ceremony around a death is 42,000 years ago. So remind me, how does this prove spirituality is inherent in humans and not something like stone tools that we simply picked up along the way? And also, what about before that, man wasn't spiritual for the previous millions of years?

You read it and confirmed it... now you are saying there was "nothing"??? :dunno:

You really do need to have your head checked. You admitted humans were practicing spiritual beliefs 42k years ago, then started demanding to know why they couldn't have "picked that up along the way" or what about the previous "millions" of years... (humans are thought to have existed 200k years at best).

I went on to explain to you why the cremations were spiritual... the use of red ocher in their ceremony. I agreed that at some point, humans probably became spiritually aware and it has been an inherent trait of humans ever since. And we don't really know what happened before this because we haven't yet discovered it. But the whole argument began when I said that humans have been spiritual as long as they've been civilized. You've spent the last page arguing (for some reason) they weren't civilized until 8,500 years ago. Okay, so they were being spiritual 42k years ago. Now you laughingly claim I've showed you nothing... what has all this been about?

Why don't you just admit that it does not matter what evidence you're shown, your mind is made up and it's not going to be changed? That would at least be honest and people could respect that if nothing else... but this is pathetic. No, Ronda Rousey, I don't think you need to answer the bell for Round 2.... fight's over, baby!
You never linked the Mungo stuff with spirituality being inherent in humans. Your only defense of your claim is to say something like "because it's obvious that it IS!". Ipso facto, you have nothing.

Why I don't believe in God

Boss:I went on to explain to you why the cremations were spiritual... the use of red ocher in their ceremony - - - Why don't you just admit that it does not matter what evidence you're shown, your mind is made up and it's not going to be changed?

the evidence does not prove there is a God - nor something greater than [sic] self.

... all beings are Spiritual where Life's origin is unknown - and without that knowledge there is no requisite to believe in a "God".

- to worship God is foolhardy ... by the Almighty's own design.

You never linked the Mungo stuff with spirituality being inherent in humans. Your only defense of your claim is to say something like "because it's obvious that it IS!". Ipso facto, you have nothing.

An attribute or behavior exhibited for 42k years consistently by any given species is inherent behavior. I'm sorry if you disagree with that. What do you want me to do.. come to your house and twist your arm behind your back until you submit? I can't make you change your mind... it's made up and you're entitled to think whatever you please. I think I've made my case.

Not my contentions that civilization started 8500 years ago, it's all the scientists who say so.
if I had a dollar for every idiotic statement ever made in a claim "all scientists say....." I would retire and spend more time here.......
I posted a link that you're welcome to check out. Google it as well, you'll see. But if you don't believe in science, then nobody can help you.
did all scientists sign the web site?......

did all scientists sign the web site?......
Why, you need every single one to sign it before you'll believe something? :lol:

Forum List

Back