Why I don't believe in God

Why, you need every single one to sign it before you'll believe something? :lol:
why yes....I would need every single one to sign it before I'll believe "all scientists say"........or did you miss the whole point of my post......
Do you get hung up on specific words all the time because you have no real comeback? Or do you actually think that what you comeback on is the point of my post? It's a fucking consensus of fucking scientists, you fucking idiot and a half. Sheez, what a fucking moron you are all the fucking time.
when I read these boards and I see something stupid, I point and say "Look! Something stupid!"......there is a very easy way to avoid being pointed at. Don't blame me if you are too lazy to do something that is so easy to do.......especially since in this case it is likely most scientists don't even have an opinion on when civilization started......
Actually, they do. Look it up.
I don't have time to look up "all" scientists......
Google it and you'll find enough links to satisfy a normal person who doesn't keep his head stuck in the sand to avoid being wrong.

BOSS SAID:

"One of the reasons stated was "because it's a bunch of made up nonsense from humans trying to explain the unexplained" (paraphrased). I challenged that reason because it's invalid and illogical."

Wrong.

It's perfectly valid and logical, in addition to being true.

Man developed belief systems in an effort to understand the natural world and assuage his fear of death. Over time these systems evolved into religion, and later a belief in 'gods' and 'god.'

There is no 'god' as perceived by theists.

And your 'challenge' fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

Well, this thread is 27 pages long. I've made the argument for why this theory is invalid and illogical and I see no point in repeating myself because you're late to the party. You are welcome to your opinion but your opinion is not a fact.

BOSS SAID:

"One of the reasons stated was "because it's a bunch of made up nonsense from humans trying to explain the unexplained" (paraphrased). I challenged that reason because it's invalid and illogical."

Wrong.

It's perfectly valid and logical, in addition to being true.

Man developed belief systems in an effort to understand the natural world and assuage his fear of death. Over time these systems evolved into religion, and later a belief in 'gods' and 'god.'

And your 'challenge' fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

Well, this thread is 27 pages long. I've made the argument for why this theory is invalid and illogical and I see no point in repeating myself because you're late to the party. You are welcome to your opinion but your opinion is not a fact.

That goes for you insisting that everyone is "spiritual." :beer:

It's like intelligence.. every human has the capacity for it but not all humans are intelligent.

From the oldest human settlements to this very day, humans exhibit spiritual behavior.

Billions upon billions of humans have borne witness and testified to the power of spiritual inner strength. In many cases, they have done things no human ever did before and credited this inner strength. They endured things no human ever endured before, again, crediting this inner strength.

I don't think I need to insist anything, it is self-evident. The fact that you wish to deny the evidence is irrelevant to the truth. You are entitled to your opinion but it's never going to be a fact.

is that the same as recognized perceptual cues ... whatever a theist is, by the way.

I was under the impression that a "theist" was one who believed in a god.
I was under the impression that a "theist" was one who believed in a god.

C_Cl must have been referring to an organized religion "theist" otherwise " There is no 'god' as perceived by theists " makes no sense if theism is the belief in a God ... myself, the Almighty is not so relegated.

Lol. I'm sorry, but I really haven't seen you prove anything. You make a lot of assumptions and you jump to a lot of conclusions, though.

Well Chris, "PROOF" is also a funny and fickle thing... you see, proof is what you accept as proof.

Case in point, most rational people know that O.J. killed his wife and lover because the DNA evidence was clear proof that he did it... but the jury didn't accept the proof. So we see, proof is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak.

I haven't made any assumptions. That seems to be the default position taken by those who maintain that humans somehow imagined something into existence to explain the unexplained. You have no scientific evidence to support that hypothesis and I've shown you how it's completely illogical.

I disagree with your entire premise. :D I have actually shown you evidence of where humans have indeed imagined things into "existence" at least in their OWN minds. :)

Except that you haven't. None of your examples are of people who are imagining something, they honestly have a spiritual belief in something. That you don't share their belief doesn't mean they don't believe it.
Here's the deal. You have reasons you believe in a god but you do not have evidence a God exists. If you did show me a link confirming your discovery.

And the Jews Christian Mormon and Muslim religions are based apon a lie that God in fact visited them. Even you know they are lying.

Yet each religion believes their stories and they do not believe the others. Christians don't buy Mohammad or Jo Smith. Muslims don't believe Jesus was gods son.

It's like intelligence.. every human has the capacity for it but not all humans are intelligent.

From the oldest human settlements to this very day, humans exhibit spiritual behavior.

Billions upon billions of humans have borne witness and testified to the power of spiritual inner strength. In many cases, they have done things no human ever did before and credited this inner strength. They endured things no human ever endured before, again, crediting this inner strength.

I don't think I need to insist anything, it is self-evident. The fact that you wish to deny the evidence is irrelevant to the truth. You are entitled to your opinion but it's never going to be a fact.

But you haven't given us ANY evidence. :bang3:

Here's the deal. You have reasons you believe in a god but you do not have evidence a God exists.

And what I keep trying to tell you is, you're wrong. I cannot PROVE my God exists. I have plenty of evidence, if I didn't, I couldn't believe. I can show you the evidence all day long but unless you accept it as evidence for God the same as I do, it's pointless. Evidence is subjective.

Here, let me give you an example of what I mean... Do you love your mother? (I assume that you probably do.) Can I say that you have no evidence you love your mother? Because you haven't proven the evidence to me or proved your love for your mother to me, can I argue that it doesn't exist? I can pound my fist and demand you show me proof... does that change how much you love your mother? You see... YOU know that you love your mother. You don't need to prove that to me or anyone. It doesn't matter if I believe you or even if you can prove it to me, that has no bearing on whether your love for your mother exists.

If you did show me a link confirming your discovery.

Show you a link proving the existence of God??? How am I to do that? :dunno:

Show me a link proving the existence of the love you have for your mother?

And the Jews Christian Mormon and Muslim religions are based apon a lie that God in fact visited them. Even you know they are lying.

Yet each religion believes their stories and they do not believe the others. Christians don't buy Mohammad or Jo Smith. Muslims don't believe Jesus was gods son.

Well I am not here to defend man-made religions. I am on record... man-made religions are inherently flawed because humans created them. But let's clear up one of your big misconceptions of life... A LIE is not belief in something untrue. A LIE is an intentional misleading of others with something that is known to be untrue. You make a bold accusation here without backing it up.... and I have a problem with that. In order to support your claim of a lie, you need to show some evidence that people were intentionally misled. You may THINK they were, but that's only your opinion... your opinions are not facts.

I can't say what happened to Abraham on that mountain... maybe he was nibbling on some mushrooms one day and started seeing and hearing things? I have no idea, I wasn't there. But because human beings are inherently spiritual creatures with a nature which compels them to acknowledge something greater than self, this manifests itself into man-made religions. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, they are spiritually inspired beliefs that humans have always had.

Here's the deal. You have reasons you believe in a god but you do not have evidence a God exists.

And what I keep trying to tell you is, you're wrong. I cannot PROVE my God exists. I have plenty of evidence, if I didn't, I couldn't believe. I can show you the evidence all day long but unless you accept it as evidence for God the same as I do, it's pointless. Evidence is subjective.

Here, let me give you an example of what I mean... Do you love your mother? (I assume that you probably do.) Can I say that you have no evidence you love your mother? Because you haven't proven the evidence to me or proved your love for your mother to me, can I argue that it doesn't exist? I can pound my fist and demand you show me proof... does that change how much you love your mother? You see... YOU know that you love your mother. You don't need to prove that to me or anyone. It doesn't matter if I believe you or even if you can prove it to me, that has no bearing on whether your love for your mother exists.

If you did show me a link confirming your discovery.

Show you a link proving the existence of God??? How am I to do that? :dunno:

Show me a link proving the existence of the love you have for your mother?

Well I am not here to defend man-made religions. I am on record... man-made religions are inherently flawed because humans created them. But let's clear up one of your big misconceptions of life... A LIE is not belief in something untrue. A LIE is an intentional misleading of others with something that is known to be untrue. You make a bold accusation here without backing it up.... and I have a problem with that. In order to support your claim of a lie, you need to show some evidence that people were intentionally misled. You may THINK they were, but that's only your opinion... your opinions are not facts.

I can't say what happened to Abraham on that mountain... maybe he was nibbling on some mushrooms one day and started seeing and hearing things? I have no idea, I wasn't there. But because human beings are inherently spiritual creatures with a nature which compels them to acknowledge something greater than self, this manifests itself into man-made religions. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, they are spiritually inspired beliefs that humans have always had.

You should quit. Lol. You are only spouting your own opinions. They aren't more valid.

How much evidence do you need that human beings are spiritually-inspired creatures? We have 42,000 years of archaeology to support that.

Look... let me take your SAME argument and apply it to LOVE... Can you provide evidence that LOVE exists? Obviously, humans experience an emotion we call LOVE. But what is that? Can you define what constitutes LOVE? Can you prove LOVE to me? Can you show me evidence of your LOVE for someone else? What if I tell you that I don't believe LOVE exists... it's just something we made up to console our fears? How long will you spend arguing with my denial of LOVE?

You should quit. Lol. You are only spouting your own opinions. They aren't more valid.

Nope... I am spouting FACTS. You and silly boob are interjecting your OPINIONS and demanding they be accepted as FACTS. That is why this argument rages on.

How much evidence do you need that human beings are spiritually-inspired creatures? We have 42,000 years of archaeology to support that.

Look... let me take your SAME argument and apply it to LOVE... Can you provide evidence that LOVE exists? Obviously, humans experience an emotion we call LOVE. But what is that? Can you define what constitutes LOVE? Can you prove LOVE to me? Can you show me evidence of your LOVE for someone else? What if I tell you that I don't believe LOVE exists... it's just something we made up to console our fears? How long will you spend arguing with my denial of LOVE?

This is not evidence though. Lol.

What do you mean, goofy? Of course it's evidence!

What do you mean, goofy? Of course it's evidence!

Evidence of what?

Nope... I am spouting FACTS. You and silly boob are interjecting your OPINIONS and demanding they be accepted as FACTS. That is why this argument rages on.

What facts? I've not seen any from you.

Well, the fact that human beings are spiritually-inspired creatures and have been for as long as we can find any remnants of human settlement or civilization. That's just indisputable fact. Whether it's all in our heads or figment of imagination, that's up to you to decide... there's no PROOF of anything. But the fact remains, whether any truth at all is there, humans DO believe in something greater than self and always have.

There is a somewhat famous quote by Freud, I think... he said, "If there were no such thing as God, man would have to invent him." Now, Atheists will use this quote to say... ah-ha! So man MUST have invented God! But that isn't the point Freud is making at all... It's that our minds are such that we MUST have something greater than self to have faith in. We're "hard wired" to be spiritual and be spiritually connected to something. Whether we accept that or deny it, doesn't really matter.

Forum List

Back