Why I don't believe in God

You never linked the Mungo stuff with spirituality being inherent in humans. Your only defense of your claim is to say something like "because it's obvious that it IS!". Ipso facto, you have nothing.

An attribute or behavior exhibited for 42k years consistently by any given species is inherent behavior. I'm sorry if you disagree with that. What do you want me to do.. come to your house and twist your arm behind your back until you submit? I can't make you change your mind... it's made up and you're entitled to think whatever you please. I think I've made my case.
You have one cremation, not consistency. Please prove that ALL humans were spiritual from 42k years ago to now. If ALL humans can be shown to be spiritual, I'll accept what you say. Go for it.

You never linked the Mungo stuff with spirituality being inherent in humans. Your only defense of your claim is to say something like "because it's obvious that it IS!". Ipso facto, you have nothing.

An attribute or behavior exhibited for 42k years consistently by any given species is inherent behavior. I'm sorry if you disagree with that. What do you want me to do.. come to your house and twist your arm behind your back until you submit? I can't make you change your mind... it's made up and you're entitled to think whatever you please. I think I've made my case.
You have one cremation, not consistency. Please prove that ALL humans were spiritual from 42k years ago to now. If ALL humans can be shown to be spiritual, I'll accept what you say. Go for it.

Does he not realize that every human being is different and have different "beliefs" than he does, or maybe no beliefs in the supernatural at all? He IS trying to change your mind, regardless of what he tells you. I think that much is obvious. He has spent countless days here trying to convince you that you are a "spiritual" person. ;)

Historically most people have openly professed devotion to and practiced many different superstitions and religions. Boss claims that this fact proves that spirituality is inherent in human beings even though like in the places under ISIS control, historically, they were religious because if they weren't they were killed.

What is inherent in human beings is the survival instinct.

Not my contentions that civilization started 8500 years ago, it's all the scientists who say so.
if I had a dollar for every idiotic statement ever made in a claim "all scientists say....." I would retire and spend more time here.......
I posted a link that you're welcome to check out. Google it as well, you'll see. But if you don't believe in science, then nobody can help you.
did all scientists sign the web site?......
Why, you need every single one to sign it before you'll believe something? :lol:
why yes....I would need every single one to sign it before I'll believe "all scientists say"........or did you miss the whole point of my post......

Not my contentions that civilization started 8500 years ago, it's all the scientists who say so.
if I had a dollar for every idiotic statement ever made in a claim "all scientists say....." I would retire and spend more time here.......
I posted a link that you're welcome to check out. Google it as well, you'll see. But if you don't believe in science, then nobody can help you.
Why, you need every single one to sign it before you'll believe something? :lol:
why yes....I would need every single one to sign it before I'll believe "all scientists say"........or did you miss the whole point of my post......
Do you get hung up on specific words all the time because you have no real comeback? Or do you actually think that what you comeback on is the point of my post? It's a fucking consensus of fucking scientists, you fucking idiot and a half. Sheez, what a fucking moron you are all the fucking time.

Does he not realize that every human being is different and have different "beliefs" than he does, or maybe no beliefs in the supernatural at all? He IS trying to change your mind, regardless of what he tells you. I think that much is obvious. He has spent countless days here trying to convince you that you are a "spiritual" person. ;)
I think that he's knows that his theory is way out there, and he's trying to convince himself by coming here looking for validation for his theory. And he also knows that so far, he has nothing.

the evidence does not prove there is a God..

Where did you ever see me say that I could prove God??? :dunno:
:lol:

the god you "worship" is thin air - or was that energy ????

Are you not going to answer my question? Where did I state that I could prove God? :dunno:
are you denying "worshiping" your god as previously stated - how do you do that if you have not proven your deity exists ... or why would you either way ?

Are you not going to answer my question? Where did I state that I could prove God? :dunno:
are you denying "worshiping" your god as previously stated - how do you do that if you have not proven your deity exists ... or why would you either way ?

No, but where does it say I have to prove things to you in order to worship them? :dunno:

When did I mention a deity? And IF a deity was implied, what does it have to do with proof?

You sound as if you are an extremely confused person.

No, but where does it say I have to prove things to you in order to worship them? :dunno:

When did I mention a deity? And IF a deity was implied, what does it have to do with proof?

so you are saying "your" god is proven to yourself or you simply chose to worship something unproven - and who cares what anyone else may think of your indiscretion ... seriously ?

Scientist have determined that yes indeed " they are eyes without a face " :boobies: ? :rock::spinner::ack-1::meow:
12289499_115104658857855_5616952036980422927_n.jpg
Metaphysics

so you are saying "your" god is proven to yourself or you simply chose to worship something unproven - and who cares what anyone else may think of your indiscretion ... seriously ?

Yes... My "God" is proven to me or else I couldn't have faith. And seriously, I could not care less if anyone else shares my faith. I've never claimed that I could prove God or that you have to believe in MY God, or ANY God.

The only argument we've had here is the fact that human beings are inherently spiritual creatures and have been so for as long as they've been civilized. It is impossible for everything humans have ever created as a result of their spirituality to be true because it not only often contradicts science but it often contradicts itself. Humans still invent things to believe as a result of a spiritual connection that is inherent to our species. That is undeniable FACT.

Yes... My "God" is proven to me or else I couldn't have faith. And seriously, I could not care less if anyone else shares my faith. I've never claimed that I could prove God or that you have to believe in MY God, or ANY God.

The only argument we've had here is the fact that human beings are inherently spiritual creatures and have been so for as long as they've been civilized. It is impossible for everything humans have ever created as a result of their spirituality to be true because it not only often contradicts science but it often contradicts itself. Humans still invent things to believe as a result of a spiritual connection that is inherent to our species. That is undeniable FACT.
B: Humans still invent things to believe as a result of a spiritual connection that is inherent to our species. That is undeniable FACT.

- invent things to believe as a result of a spiritual connection ...

i guess you only respond without reading -

the reason you are Spiritual is because you do not connect with a perceived external existence, if you connected you would no longer be spiritual but knowing and in your case that can not occur as you believe only your Xod is capable of knowing ... what you take from others you apparently receive for yourself - nice take on your own personalized version of the Golden Rule. . :eusa_hand:

Then why are you here posting about it? The title of the thread is Why I DO NOT Believe in God.

Do you get hung up on specific words all the time because you have no real comeback? Or do you actually think that what you comeback on is the point of my post? It's a fucking consensus of fucking scientists, you fucking idiot and a half. Sheez, what a fucking moron you are all the fucking time.
when I read these boards and I see something stupid, I point and say "Look! Something stupid!"......there is a very easy way to avoid being pointed at. Don't blame me if you are too lazy to do something that is so easy to do.......especially since in this case it is likely most scientists don't even have an opinion on when civilization started......

Last edited:
when I read these boards and I see something stupid, I point and say "Look! Something stupid!"......there is a very easy way to avoid being pointed at. Don't blame me if you are too lazy to do something that is so easy to do.......especially since in this case it is likely most scientists don't even have an opinion on when civilization started......
Actually, they do. Look it up.

Actually, they do. Look it up.
I don't have time to look up "all" scientists......

Then why are you here posting about it? The title of the thread is Why I DO NOT Believe in God.

Well, because this is a public message board where people discuss topics. The OP topic is why someone doesn't believe in God and the thread is discussing those reasons. One of the reasons stated was "because it's a bunch of made up nonsense from humans trying to explain the unexplained" (paraphrased). I challenged that reason because it's invalid and illogical. This prompted an argument over human spirituality and how long human beings have been inherently spiritual.

USMB, if I am not mistaken, offers the ability to set up private groups and private forums if you would like to set one up for JUST Atheists and JUST have people comment who don't believe in God. However, generally speaking, whenever an Atheist posts why they don't believe in God, the last thing on his mind is having other Atheists reaffirm his disbelief. It's kinda pointless and boring, to be honest.

BOSS SAID:

"One of the reasons stated was "because it's a bunch of made up nonsense from humans trying to explain the unexplained" (paraphrased). I challenged that reason because it's invalid and illogical."

Wrong.

It's perfectly valid and logical, in addition to being true.

Man developed belief systems in an effort to understand the natural world and assuage his fear of death. Over time these systems evolved into religion, and later a belief in 'gods' and 'god.'

There is no 'god' as perceived by theists.

And your 'challenge' fails as an appeal to ignorance fallacy.

Forum List

Back