Why I Don't Believe

can't make up your mind?......would that be like a Muslim Buddhist?.....or a fat skinny lady?.....maybe a white black man........

Don't you get it? For us to say we are 100% certain there is no god would be just as ignorant as someone saying they believe 100% that there is a god.

They would have to have been alive and seen Jesus do miracles to be that certain. Same for us. I wasn't there. But the stories are unbelievable so the most probable truth is they are not real. No Adam & Eve, Mosus, Jesus, Mohammad, Abraham, etc. All just man made up stories.

The other thing is I don't know what is on the other end of a black hole. Could be anything. Do I suggest I know? No. It is your side that suggests there is an invisible man and he cares for a very small percentage of us and the rest he sends to hell.

And it doesn't matter if you believe organized religion or not, if you still believe in a god it's because they still have you slightly brainwashed. But don't worry because it is very common. In fact we've believed in a higher power as long as we can remember. Even the apes looked up in wonder. All animals have a natural and healthy fear of the unknown. Not to mention we've all been brainwashed with god since we were little babies. Remember Santa? Do you still believe? He too was designed to teach about naughty and nice.

Anyways, agnostic atheist is the most rational position to have. Pretty sure there is no god but who knows. The probability is very low. And you folks that try to re define what god is. That's not helping at all. Either god is what the majority of people think god is or we are talking about something else. I love it when you lower the bar. Did he or did he not create us in his image? Did he or did he not send himself in the form of jesus to be sacrificed? If you don't believe all that, what do you have?

You are locking yourself into dogma and then calling it rational. I'm sorry, but there is nothing at all rational in your position. In essence, you are rejecting Christian theology and then saying only Christian theology is valid.

How am I saying only Christian theology is vaid?

And of course my position is the most rational. Lets start from the beginning. You walk up to me and tell me about god and miraculous stories. I ask for proof and all you can say is your tribe believes the 2000 year stories, and that if I don't buy in I'll go to hell? That is your argument and proof a god exists? Ancient stories? Because your priest/rabbi said so? Sucker.

So the most logical position is your story is not true.

As far as a god being real? There is nothing that points to the proof a god exists. If your stories are bullshit, what else ya got? If its what Boss is dishing out, try again. All his position boils down to is he believes because he wants to believe or can't believe otherwise.

Every conceivable argument, every imaginable piece of evidence for god is not without some fatal flaw or more likely explanation which precludes it from being used as definitive proof.

YES!!!GOD IS OUTSIDE TIME AND HE SEES SATAN ALREADY A DEFEATED FOE!!! PTL. and you??

Yes, he created him.........and then "defeats" him. Sends him to hell. Why create something that will sin?

Also, if he god is outside of time, how does he affect anything in reality?

WOW!!!! YOU SEEM TO KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ANYTHING!!! PRAY FOR WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING AND GOD'S WORD is all wisdom!!

Look at you running from an honest debate. I imagine if we ever get close to making you question if god is all in your head you would be like a computer and overload, "this does not computer, overload, overload, satan, jesus, repent, sinners, evil, hell, devil, praise jesus :cuckoo:

My error.........I didn't list far enough in:
16In the abundance of your trade you were filled with violence in your midst, and you sinned; so I cast you as a profane thing from the mountain of God, and I destroyed you, O guardian cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. 17Your heart was proud because of your beauty; you corrupted your wisdom for the sake of your splendor. I cast you to the ground; I exposed you before kings, to feast their eyes on you. 18By the multitude of your iniquities, in the unrighteousness of your trade you profaned your sanctuaries; so I brought fire out from your midst; it consumed you, and I turned you to ashes on the earth in the sight of all who saw you.

YES!!!GOD IS OUTSIDE TIME AND HE SEES SATAN ALREADY A DEFEATED FOE!!! PTL. and you??

Yes, he created him.........and then "defeats" him. Sends him to hell. Why create something that will sin?

Why create something that will sin?
Why create something that can sin?

do you sense the difference?......

Yes.
Why is it that the all powerful god would create either? Or if he created something that then "decides" to sin, why can't he just "fix" it? He is all knowing and all powerful right?
Why create something (hell) to fix a problem in one of his other creations (sin)? Just fix the problem.

This is one of the main reasons I cannot buy into this character.

Yes.
Why is it that the all powerful god would create either? Or if he created something that then "decides" to sin, why can't he just "fix" it? He is all knowing and all powerful right?
Why create something (hell) to fix a problem in one of his other creations (sin)? Just fix the problem.

if you had the choice (and the power) to create humans or robots, which would you create?.....

Yes.

if you had the choice (and the power) to create humans or robots, which would you create?.....

Why would I want to create either?
But for the sake of the question, I would create robots.
I'm not sure where we are going with this.

As a young teen, I grew up in a neighborhood with both Christians and Jews and one day while walking I tried to reconcile why one God would have more than one religion. I considered the possibilities:
1 – All religions were true – this seemed unlikely since there were almost an infinite number across the planet and they appeared to fundamentally contradict one another in their morality, concept of God(s), history, etc.
2 – One religion was true while all others were false – this too seemed unlikely as why would God allow people to grow up learning lies and then judge them? Ideally it seemed God would want children to grow up without a religion and would, when they were adult enough to decide for themselves, choose which religion was true based on reason, morality, etc. It would be a conscious decision, not one made for them by their parents or community so if God were to later judge them at least they had a shot at salvation. Obviously this has never been the norm anywhere at any time in the past.
3 – No religion was true – this seemed the only logical answer then and didn’t seem so radical when I realized that if #2 above were true the majority of people in the world were WRONG. It seemed a modest leap from believing most people were wrong to all people were wrong (at that time I didn’t know anyone who admitted to me they did not believe in God).
Despite a lifetime of inquiry, I’ve never found a reason to change this decision.

My opinion (and it is exactly that, I make no claims for certain) is that if there is a creator it is likely not the creator we know from the Bible or any other religious text for that matter. Perhaps it created the universe and the laws of nature that govern it just to see what would happen. Perhaps it is not all powerful and didn't create the universe but rather had a hand in guiding its evolution. Perhaps this entity has slowly and subtly worked to shape life as we know it and patiently waits to see if we will ever become smart enough to discover it. If such a being exists it probably cares little for being worshiped and may or may not grant intelligent life a sanctuary after death. But this is all speculation on my part. Just how I fancy God would be, given what we know about the universe.

Yes.

But that has nothing to do with whether or not a god exists. All that is, is an argument against specific claimed characteristics of a god. And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I am not capable of understanding anything about what a god would or would not do.

Yes.

But that has nothing to do with whether or not a god exists. All that is, is an argument against specific claimed characteristics of a god. And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure I am not capable of understanding anything about what a god would or would not do.

HOW is it that you can't think??? HOW ignorant of man to think little man could know more,be wiser,more just than ALMIGHTY GOD. GOD created man in His image, GOD has freewill thus man too has freewill,you are free to chose good or evil,right or wrong,to live in light or darkness. you get to choose!!!

Yes.

Right. Except the bible is interpreted to define god this way. And churches indoctrinate people to think this is what god is. Thus these people base their actions on their indoctrinated understanding of this god.

As far as existence, if someone is not able to conceive of what a god is, then how can you justify believing in it?

Yes.

Right. Except the bible is interpreted to define god this way. And churches indoctrinate people to think this is what god is. Thus these people base their actions on their indoctrinated understanding of this god.

As far as existence, if someone is not able to conceive of what a god is, then how can you justify believing in it?

GOD'S WORD TELLS US WHO AND WHAT GOD IS! GOD IS SPIRIT,our creator,a believer's father GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD and there is no other!!!

Last edited:

GOD'S WORD TELLS US WHO AND WHAT GOD IS! GOD IS SPIRIT,GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD and there is no other!!!

So.............a book is all you need!?
So, if tomorrow, some writings are found that predate the bible, contradict the bible and signed Yahweh, would you start believing those writings?

Yes.

Right. Except the bible is interpreted to define god this way.
Which has nothing to do with the thousands of other gods people have or do believe in and the infinite number of possible gods. wAt most, you've come up a reason to doubt one god.

That's kind of my point: if we cannot define a god, there's no basis for believing in one.. But you were doing the opposite...conceiving of a particular god and then rejecting it.

GOD'S WORD TELLS US WHO AND WHAT GOD IS! GOD IS SPIRIT,GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD and there is no other!!!

So.............a book is all you need!?
So, if tomorrow, some writings are found that predate the bible, contradict the bible and signed Yahweh, would you start believing those writings?

GOD'S INSPIRED (GODBREATHED) WORD IS FAR,FAR MORE THAN A BOOK!!======= Before anything else existed,there was Christ, (THE WORD)* with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. 3 He created everything there is—nothing exists that he didn’t make. 4 Eternal life is in him, and this life gives light to all mankind. 5 His life is the light that shines through the darkness—and the darkness can never extinguish it.JOHN 1:1-5

Last edited:
GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD and there is no other!!!

How do we know there is no other? God told us. How does God know?

Maybe there is a bigger/older God that created our God but wants our God to have free will so he doesn't reveal himself to our God. If all our information comes from one source how do we know what is true? Physicists speculate there are multiple universes, maybe each has a resident God unaware of any other universe or God?

For the word of the Lord is right, and all His works are done in truth.

5 He loveth righteousness and judgment; the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord.

6 By the word of the Lord were the heavens made, and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.

7 He gathereth the waters of the sea together as a heap; He layeth up the deep in storehouses.

8 Let all the earth fear the Lord; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.

9 For He spoke, and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.

10 The Lord bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought; He maketh the devices of the people of no effect.

11 The counsel of the Lord standeth for ever, the thoughts of His heart to all generations.

12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He hath chosen for His own inheritance.

13 The Lord looketh down from heaven; He beholdeth all of the sons of men.

14 From the place of His habitation He looketh upon all the inhabitants of the earth;

15 He fashioneth the hearts of all; He considereth all their works.

16 No king is saved by the multitude of an army; a mighty man is not delivered by much strength.

17 A horse is a vain thing for safety; neither shall he deliver any by his great strength.

18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear Him, upon them that hope in His mercy,

19 to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine.

20 Our soul waiteth for the Lord; He is our help and our shield.

21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.

22 Let Thy mercy, O Lord, be upon us, according as we hope in Thee.
PSALM 33

Which has nothing to do with the thousands of other gods people have or do believe in and the infinite number of possible gods. wAt most, you've come up a reason to doubt one god.

That's kind of my point: if we cannot define a god, there's no basis for believing in one.. But you were doing the opposite...conceiving of a particular god and then rejecting it.

I didn't conceive of a god............I was pointing at the most commonly believed attributes of the christian god, which is the predominate belief where I live, and pointed out that I don't believe it.
I don't believe in any god that cannot be demonstrated. The god of the bible, the god that someone misunderstands from the bible, or any other god. They are all equally fairy tales until they can be demonstrated.

I didn't conceive of a god............I was pointing at the most commonly believed attributes of the christian god, which is the predominate belief where I live, and pointed out that I don't believe it.
I don't believe in any god that cannot be demonstrated. The god of the bible, the god that someone misunderstands from the bible, or any other god. They are all equally fairy tales until they can be demonstrated.

SATAN IS HAPPY TO HELP YOU FIND ALL KINDS OF FALSE REASONS TO NOT BELIEVE!!!! Wise up!!!

Forum List

Back