Why I Don't Believe

Don't you get it? For us to say we are 100% certain there is no god would be just as ignorant as someone saying they believe 100% that there is a god.

They would have to have been alive and seen Jesus do miracles to be that certain. Same for us. I wasn't there. But the stories are unbelievable so the most probable truth is they are not real. No Adam & Eve, Mosus, Jesus, Mohammad, Abraham, etc. All just man made up stories.

The other thing is I don't know what is on the other end of a black hole. Could be anything. Do I suggest I know? No. It is your side that suggests there is an invisible man and he cares for a very small percentage of us and the rest he sends to hell.

And it doesn't matter if you believe organized religion or not, if you still believe in a god it's because they still have you slightly brainwashed. But don't worry because it is very common. In fact we've believed in a higher power as long as we can remember. Even the apes looked up in wonder. All animals have a natural and healthy fear of the unknown. Not to mention we've all been brainwashed with god since we were little babies. Remember Santa? Do you still believe? He too was designed to teach about naughty and nice.

Anyways, agnostic atheist is the most rational position to have. Pretty sure there is no god but who knows. The probability is very low. And you folks that try to re define what god is. That's not helping at all. Either god is what the majority of people think god is or we are talking about something else. I love it when you lower the bar. Did he or did he not create us in his image? Did he or did he not send himself in the form of jesus to be sacrificed? If you don't believe all that, what do you have?

You are locking yourself into dogma and then calling it rational. I'm sorry, but there is nothing at all rational in your position. In essence, you are rejecting Christian theology and then saying only Christian theology is valid.

How am I saying only Christian theology is vaid?

And of course my position is the most rational. Lets start from the beginning. You walk up to me and tell me about god and miraculous stories. I ask for proof and all you can say is your tribe believes the 2000 year stories, and that if I don't buy in I'll go to hell? That is your argument and proof a god exists? Ancient stories? Because your priest/rabbi said so? Sucker.

So the most logical position is your story is not true.

As far as a god being real? There is nothing that points to the proof a god exists. If your stories are bullshit, what else ya got? If its what Boss is dishing out, try again. All his position boils down to is he believes because he wants to believe or can't believe otherwise.

Every conceivable argument, every imaginable piece of evidence for god is not without some fatal flaw or more likely explanation which precludes it from being used as definitive proof.

You need to read what you write. You did not like that I was not accepting your vision, an entirely Christian vision, of God. You said I wasn't helping. You want me to confine my view of God to the Christian God, I assume because that is what you are comfortable with.

Your position is based solely upon belief. You have no evidence to support it, just what you believe. You claim yours is the most logical position just because you believe it to be. How is that rational?

But do prove me wrong. I would love to see your objective evidence.

GOD'S WORD TELLS US WHO AND WHAT GOD IS! GOD IS SPIRIT,GOD IS THE ONLY TRUE GOD and there is no other!!!

So.............a book is all you need!?
So, if tomorrow, some writings are found that predate the bible, contradict the bible and signed Yahweh, would you start believing those writings?

GOD'S INSPIRED (GODBREATHED) WORD IS FAR,FAR MORE THAN A BOOK!!======= Before anything else existed,there was Christ, (THE WORD)* with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. 3 He created everything there is—nothing exists that he didn’t make. 4 Eternal life is in him, and this life gives light to all mankind. 5 His life is the light that shines through the darkness—and the darkness can never extinguish it.JOHN 1:1-5

Soooooooo................all you have is preaching.

Hard to have a conversation with that. There has to some reason..............something demonstrable that convinced you of this. What is it?

So.............a book is all you need!?
So, if tomorrow, some writings are found that predate the bible, contradict the bible and signed Yahweh, would you start believing those writings?

GOD'S INSPIRED (GODBREATHED) WORD IS FAR,FAR MORE THAN A BOOK!!======= Before anything else existed,there was Christ, (THE WORD)* with God. He has always been alive and is himself God. 3 He created everything there is—nothing exists that he didn’t make. 4 Eternal life is in him, and this life gives light to all mankind. 5 His life is the light that shines through the darkness—and the darkness can never extinguish it.JOHN 1:1-5

Hard to have a conversation with that. There has to some reason..............something demonstrable that convinced you of this. What is it?

NO!!! I HAVE THE ETERNAL LIVING WORD OF GOD!!!==== In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. JOHN 1:1-5 ARE YOU IN THE DARKNESS???? COME OUT INTO THE LIGHT OF TRUTH!

Last edited:

NO!!! I HAVE THE ETERNAL LIVING WORD OF GOD!!!==== In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. JOHN 1:1-5 ARE YOU IN THE DARKNESS???? COME OUT INTO THE LIGHT OF TRUTH!

I get it! You think those passages mean something. What I am asking is what convinced you these words are true?

GOD'S HOLYSPIRIT HELPS THOSE THAT SEEK TRUTH=GOD TO HAVE FAITH AND BELIEVE TRUTH. NO OTHER "BOOK" TELLS MAN IN GREAT DETAIL THE BEGINNING TO THE END OF THIS AGE. GOD'S Word tells us what the future is,we need not live in darkness!

Last edited:
GOD'S HOLYSPIRIT HELP THOSE THAT SEEK TRUTH=GOD TO HAVE FAITH AND BELIEVE TRUTH. NO OTHER "BOOK" TELLS MAN IN GREAT DETAIL THE BEGINNING TO THE END OF THIS AGE. GOD'S Word tells us what the future is,we need not live in darkness!

Ok...............good talk.

My opinion (and it is exactly that, I make no claims for certain) is that if there is a creator it is likely not the creator we know from the Bible or any other religious text for that matter. Perhaps it created the universe and the laws of nature that govern it just to see what would happen. Perhaps it is not all powerful and didn't create the universe but rather had a hand in guiding its evolution. Perhaps this entity has slowly and subtly worked to shape life as we know it and patiently waits to see if we will ever become smart enough to discover it. If such a being exists it probably cares little for being worshiped and may or may not grant intelligent life a sanctuary after death. But this is all speculation on my part. Just how I fancy God would be, given what we know about the universe.

I tend to think “God” would not be supernatural but somehow be quite real. Not the creator of the universe but a resident like us, restricted by natural law, but much more advanced.

Say a civilization mastered engineering at the quantum level and built intelligent beings that were subatomic sized. A whole population could exist in the space of an atom. If they could exclude mass from their constituent particles these populations could travel at light speed. They might be here around or even within us and we'd never know. If they lived within us they might transfer our “souls” to these quantum level populations where we might mingle with every other human that ever lived, assuming they've been on earth for long time. Imagine being given immortality and getting to meet Jesus.

Pure fantasy of course but there is just as much proof for my god as any other.

You are locking yourself into dogma and then calling it rational. I'm sorry, but there is nothing at all rational in your position. In essence, you are rejecting Christian theology and then saying only Christian theology is valid.

And of course my position is the most rational. Lets start from the beginning. You walk up to me and tell me about god and miraculous stories. I ask for proof and all you can say is your tribe believes the 2000 year stories, and that if I don't buy in I'll go to hell? That is your argument and proof a god exists? Ancient stories? Because your priest/rabbi said so? Sucker.

As far as a god being real? There is nothing that points to the proof a god exists. If your stories are bullshit, what else ya got? If its what Boss is dishing out, try again. All his position boils down to is he believes because he wants to believe or can't believe otherwise.

Every conceivable argument, every imaginable piece of evidence for god is not without some fatal flaw or more likely explanation which precludes it from being used as definitive proof.

You need to read what you write. You did not like that I was not accepting your vision, an entirely Christian vision, of God. You said I wasn't helping. You want me to confine my view of God to the Christian God, I assume because that is what you are comfortable with.

Your position is based solely upon belief. You have no evidence to support it, just what you believe. You claim yours is the most logical position just because you believe it to be. How is that rational?

How is not believing something...........based on belief?

SO you let TRUTH bounce off your little brain and you start all over again tomorrow in your unbelief and blindness on the road to hell??? SAD!!!SO SAD AND PATHETIC!!!

SO you let TRUTH bounce off your little brain and you start all over again tomorrow in your unbelief and blindness on the road to hell??? SAD!!!SO SAD AND PATHETIC!!!

Nope........done talking to you.
I asked question after question trying to understand your position. All you did was cut and paste bible passages. Try again when you want to talk like an adult.

"So the most logical position is your story is not true."

If you don't see the belief in that statement, then you are trying very hard not to. That's the problem with dogma. You get stuck in a loop.

If you don't see the belief in that statement, then you are trying very hard not to. That's the problem with dogma. You get stuck in a loop.

Not believing X is different than believing X is not true. You understand that right?
Lacking belief in a story is somehow dogma? That is the first time I have heard dogma being tied to atheism.

My opinion (and it is exactly that, I make no claims for certain) is that if there is a creator it is likely not the creator we know from the Bible or any other religious text for that matter. Perhaps it created the universe and the laws of nature that govern it just to see what would happen. Perhaps it is not all powerful and didn't create the universe but rather had a hand in guiding its evolution. Perhaps this entity has slowly and subtly worked to shape life as we know it and patiently waits to see if we will ever become smart enough to discover it. If such a being exists it probably cares little for being worshiped and may or may not grant intelligent life a sanctuary after death. But this is all speculation on my part. Just how I fancy God would be, given what we know about the universe.

I tend to think “God” would not be supernatural but somehow be quite real. Not the creator of the universe but a resident like us, restricted by natural law, but much more advanced.

Say a civilization mastered engineering at the quantum level and built intelligent beings that were subatomic sized. A whole population could exist in the space of an atom. If they could exclude mass from their constituent particles these populations could travel at light speed. They might be here around or even within us and we'd never know. If they lived within us they might transfer our “souls” to these quantum level populations where we might mingle with every other human that ever lived, assuming they've been on earth for long time. Imagine being given immortality and getting to meet Jesus.

If it turns out that there is an afterlife like that or any afterlife similar to it that doesn't require belief to gain entry and isn't governed by any of the Gods described in religion I'm going to spend the first hundred years going up to every religious person, (especially Christians) and just have the most smug shit eating grin on my face and I'll ask "Where's your God now?" Lol

If it turns out that there is an afterlife like that or any afterlife similar to it that doesn't require belief to gain entry and isn't governed by any of the Gods described in religion I'm going to spend the first hundred years going up to every religious person, (especially Christians) and just have the most smug shit eating grin on my face and I'll ask "Where's your God now?" Lol

DREAM ON UNTIL YOU FEEL THE FLAMES OF hell!!!

I reject all gods from the muslim, jew, mormon, jehova, christian, Greek gods, etc. Since Christianity is our main religion in the west, I pick on it, but the others suck just as bad too.

You want objective evidence? Here is just about every argument you can come up with for why you believe in god, and why you are a fucking idiot for believing what you believe,

Why there is no god

Do me a favor. Go through all the talking points and tell me what you have a problem with.

Maybe the rebuttals will help you realize that your position that a sky fairy cares about you is not as rational as me thinking you are fucking stupid. My position is the most likely truth.

ALMIGHTY GOD says atheist are FOOLS!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That man is a fool who says to himself, “There is no God!” Anyone who talks like that is warped and evil and cannot really be a good person at all.Psalm 14:1===Only a fool would say to himself, “There is no God.” And why does he say it? Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds. His life is corroded with sin. PSALM 53:1 and you???

Calling atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color, or not collecting stamps a hobby.

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god or gods, nothing more. If we deconstruct the term ‘atheism’ we find ‘a – theism’ which means ‘without – theism’ which, in turn, means ‘without – belief in god(s)’. It is, therefore, not a positive belief or a claim to knowledge. Instead, it is the default position of doubt, uncertainty and skepticism one may have regarding claims made by theists.

Just as it takes no faith to lack belief or remain uncertain concerning any other imaginable claim, it takes none to doubt the existence of a god or gods.

Every human-being ever born begins life as an implicit atheist and must be taught the concept of theism or, more commonly, indoctrinated with it.

Atheism has no sacred texts, objects, places or times, no rituals or creation stories, no positive beliefs, central tenants, modes of worship or supernatural claims, no implicit or derived moral codes, philosophies or world views and no central organisation or church. It fulfills none of the criteria that define a religion. See also: Atheism is a religion.

“To say that atheism requires faith is as dim-witted as saying that disbelief in pixies or leprechauns takes faith. Even if Einstein himself told me there was an elf on my shoulder, I would still ask for proof and I wouldn’t be wrong to ask.” – Geoff Mather

I asked question after question trying to understand your position. All you did was cut and paste bible passages. Try again when you want to talk like an adult.

If God asks me why I didn't believe I'm going to point to christians like Gismys and god is going to be embarrassed that cock sucker was one of his representatives on earth.

Gismys is probably responsible for more atheist because even if I was open to the idea of god, I would never swallow gismys' style of religion. THat is CLEARLY not real/true.

If God asks me why I didn't believe I'm going to point to christians like Gismys and god is going to be embarrassed that cock sucker was one of his representatives on earth.

Gismys is probably responsible for more atheist because even if I was open to the idea of god, I would never swallow gismys' style of religion. THat is CLEARLY not real/true.

HEY!!!! CHOSE HELL IF YOU WANT TO!!! NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE AS I LIVE MY LIFE AS A son OF ALMIGHTY GOD!!!

Not believing X is different than believing X is not true. You understand that right?
Lacking belief in a story is somehow dogma? That is the first time I have heard dogma being tied to atheism.

So does a christian have faith that Jews, Muslims, Mormons and all other religions are fos?

Everyone on earth is an atheist. Christians just happen to believe in one more god than me. They don't believe the Muslim story, Jew story, Mormon story, Greek Gods. They know those gods don't exist.

They just can't apply that same logic to their own god.

Forum List

Back