Why I Don't Believe

YES!!! ALL PEOPLE MUST DECIDE TO BELIEVE OR REJECT GOD,God gave you CHOICE====God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.
Romans 1:18-22

Does anybody ever bother to read his/her postings? LOL! I know I don't.

A complete moron and creep for sure. I'm sure a loser if he really thinks the shit he posts.

I love it how it doesn't even phase idiots like this that their church may have made up the entire jesus story 2000 years ago.

But try to tell a christian like this about the Muslim story. Do you think they would hear that story with an open mind or would they be so brainwashed they would never even consider leaving Christianity. So if they are that dug in, how open minded can they possibly be? And if they have been scared into thinking doubt is blasphemy and will lead to hell, how can they even look at this free to think intelligently?

Gismys even says, "THINK before it's too late.". What he means is stop thinking too much or you'll burn in hell.

I just love my christian friends who say, "YOU"LL BURN IN HELL". They don't realize how stupid they sound.

Yes, we don't believe either one of those people exist.

You don't believe in Santa either?

if Santa exists, he's a prick......he never brought my children anything.......I could never believe in an elf who was so immoral.....

That's crappy logic for not believing in Santa but I can play that game and apply that same logic to God you know that right? If God exists, he's a prick.....he never never stopped my children from getting sick and dying.....I could never believe in a God who was so immoral...

See I can do it too :D

YES!!! ALL PEOPLE MUST DECIDE TO BELIEVE OR REJECT GOD,God gave you CHOICE====God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.
Romans 1:18-22

Does anybody ever bother to read his/her postings? LOL! I know I don't.

A complete moron and creep for sure. I'm sure a loser if he really thinks the shit he posts.

I love it how it doesn't even phase idiots like this that their church may have made up the entire jesus story 2000 years ago.

But try to tell a christian like this about the Muslim story. Do you think they would hear that story with an open mind or would they be so brainwashed they would never even consider leaving Christianity. So if they are that dug in, how open minded can they possibly be? And if they have been scared into thinking doubt is blasphemy and will lead to hell, how can they even look at this free to think intelligently?

Gismys even says, "THINK before it's too late.". What he means is stop thinking too much or you'll burn in hell.

I just love my christian friends who say, "YOU"LL BURN IN HELL". They don't realize how stupid they sound.

I'm convinced that Gismo is just a troll.

God is a fiction made up by man. If there really is a god then we got totally lucky when we made him up. There may be a god but he isn't the one they talk about in the bible. That's just made up. There have been 999 other religions before Christianity. They were all made up.

How come theists will/can agree with us atheists that all other 999 religions that came before or after Christianity are/were all made up. They understand every other religion was made up and is not true. They just can't do it to their own religion.

All Religions Are Silly Except Mine | Atheist Revolution

People don't "decide" to believe in something/someone.

?????.....of course they do.......

Lol..........no. You are convinced of something or you are not. It's not a conscious decision. I can't "decide" right now, to believe in something if I don't. I can't just change my mind. I could "say" that I believe. But that would be dishonest to who I am. Based on all the things I know, don't know, believe and don't believe informs my view of reality. If a proposition is made that conflicts with my view of reality, then I can't "believe" it is true until there is some kind of evidence or argument given that corrects that conflict.

I feel sorry for you......since you are incapable of making your own decisions I assume you are living in your parents basement, waiting for the world to decide where you fit in.....

the simple reality is that you aren't describing someone who can't make his own decisions but someone who already has.......

Last edited:
You and dopes like Gismys are telling people like us basically impossible stories and then telling us if we don't believe your fairy tales we will burn in hell. Get it through your thick fucking skull stupid. Your story is just a way of scaring ignorant people into believing your outlandish stories.

and yet, you guys continue to whine that God won't let you into heaven even though you've made that choice.....and that THAT is the reason he is not worthy of your belief.....if its just an untrue story and you aren't scared, why complain?.....

I've never heard an atheist say that they were 100% certain that there is no God. Perhaps one might say it in a colloquial fashion if they were trying to be a dick but no atheist would say that in all seriousness.

bullshit...........there have been plenty of people on this forum who have said God is just a fiction......

Plenty of atheists say things like that all the time because we operate under the logical assumption that God doesn't exist. But if pressed, we would admit that you can't disprove a negative. But it doesn't matter because that's not as powerful a defense as you think it is anyway.

well if I can't believe what you say, why should I believe you when you say it isn't what they mean?.....the long and short of it is, plenty of atheists say it.....

You don't believe in Santa either?

if Santa exists, he's a prick......he never brought my children anything.......I could never believe in an elf who was so immoral.....

That's crappy logic for not believing in Santa but I can play that game and apply that same logic to God you know that right? If God exists, he's a prick.....he never never stopped my children from getting sick and dying.....I could never believe in a God who was so immoral...

except nobody ever said God was going to stop your children from getting sick and dying.....

See I can do it too :D
someone with a smidgen of intelligence would have realized "doing it too" was precisely what I was doing....

God is a fiction made up by man. If there really is a god then we got totally lucky when we made him up. There may be a god but he isn't the one they talk about in the bible. That's just made up. There have been 999 other religions before Christianity. They were all made up.

How come theists will/can agree with us atheists that all other 999 religions that came before or after Christianity are/were all made up. They understand every other religion was made up and is not true. They just can't do it to their own religion.

All Religions Are Silly Except Mine | Atheist Revolution

its called choice....

of course they are two different things.....from the link....
An atheist, on the one hand, believes that there is no God.

and...
An agnostic is someone who believes human beings simply cannot know anything metaphysical or beyond the physical realm

you cannot simultaneously believe both things.....
Why not?
1. Human beings cannot know anything metaphysical or beyond the physical realm. (agnostic)
plus
2. Therefore, since one cannot know, there is no reason to accept any proposition for any god. (atheist)

= agnostic atheist.

It is a false conclusion that in order to reject positive proposition A, one must accept some other positive proposition in its place.

If you really want to stick with the idea that atheists must have a positive belief in not-god, then because it is impossible to know anything about the metaphysical, yet people claim, without strong evidence, such knowledge, then a positive belief that they're all wrong and no such entity exists can be formed.

In either case it's not contradictory since even the belief in no-god does not require knowledge of the metaphysical.

Agnostics do NOT KNOW. Therefore, they neither believe NOR disbelieve in God. THEY DON'T KNOW, and they admit it, unlike most people who don't know but pretend to know this or that.

So, as an agnostic myself, I'm not going to say there is no God. I'm going to say I DON'T KNOW. But I hope so, I certainly hope there is more to all this than meets the eye.

of course they are two different things.....from the link....

and...

you cannot simultaneously believe both things.....
Why not?
1. Human beings cannot know anything metaphysical or beyond the physical realm. (agnostic)
plus
2. Therefore, since one cannot know, there is no reason to accept any proposition for any god. (atheist)

= agnostic atheist.

It is a false conclusion that in order to reject positive proposition A, one must accept some other positive proposition in its place.

If you really want to stick with the idea that atheists must have a positive belief in not-god, then because it is impossible to know anything about the metaphysical, yet people claim, without strong evidence, such knowledge, then a positive belief that they're all wrong and no such entity exists can be formed.

In either case it's not contradictory since even the belief in no-god does not require knowledge of the metaphysical.

Agnostics do NOT KNOW. Therefore, they neither believe NOR disbelieve in God. THEY DON'T KNOW, and they admit it, unlike most people who don't know but pretend to know this or that.

So, as an agnostic myself, I'm not going to say there is no God. I'm going to say I DON'T KNOW. But I hope so, I certainly hope there is more to all this than meets the eye.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW GOD You had better start seeking HIM, START IN HIS WORD,START IN THE BOOK OF MATTHEW,Romans,Galations,Ephesians, that will give you a base then read it all and GOD will reveal himself to you!!! IF YOU ARE REALLY SEEKING TRUTH!!!

One thing that has always irked me about Christianity is it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil ...

It's arbitrary because both groups can be made up of good people that have empathy for their fellow human beings and do their part to make the world a better place. Does Ghandi deserve to burn in Hell? Does Carl Sagan? I could keep going but my point has been made.

- it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil ... Does Ghandi deserve to burn in Hell? Does Carl Sagan?

maybe not everyone will succeed and simply perish, even those two - did they accomplish Admission to the Everlasting before their physiology expired ? it would not seem so by their still searching at their death.

admission is not duality but a complete Triumph of one over the other, good vs evil as judged by those before having accomplished the task already residents of the Everlasting - and from whom our mission was begun. Ruler(s) of the Everlasting.

Do you have to believe in Jesus or will any god do?

What do you mean a complete triumph? I know a lot of people who believe in god but still deal with good vs evil. People who believe in god think belief is their free pass into heaven. They don't have to be good, just believe. Everyone sins. That's why god sent jesus to die for our sins, right? :cuckoo: So sinning won't send you to hell but not believing will? Makes no sense. Sounds like a cult to me. This is a rule a man starting a cult would make up.

I'm telling you the more I think about it the more I realize what a stupid insane ridiculous idea this god thing is. It is so obviously man made up bullshit it's almost funny if it werent' so sad who stupid you people who believe are.

seabo: Do you have to believe in Jesus ...

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

"No one comes to the Father except through me"

this will be the last time I answer your repetitive question.

I do not believe Jesus said the above words, but surely those or a few others given to his attribution (by others) were the reason for his trial for blasphemy - short story: the above is blasphemy if not proven otherwise ergo the sentence was carried out and Jesus died in three hours - a martyr.

Christianity is a fallacy, not by its martyr Jesus but by the embellished fallacies that constitute the Christian Bible.

there is only one commandment - Remission to the OuterWorld of the Everlasting or Perish.

purity would certainly be the minimal goal, the Triumph of Good vs Evil if accomplished before ones death is a means for Remission to be Judged for its true fulfillment.

- it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil ... Does Ghandi deserve to burn in Hell? Does Carl Sagan?

maybe not everyone will succeed and simply perish, even those two - did they accomplish Admission to the Everlasting before their physiology expired ? it would not seem so by their still searching at their death.

admission is not duality but a complete Triumph of one over the other, good vs evil as judged by those before having accomplished the task already residents of the Everlasting - and from whom our mission was begun. Ruler(s) of the Everlasting.

What do you mean a complete triumph? I know a lot of people who believe in god but still deal with good vs evil. People who believe in god think belief is their free pass into heaven. They don't have to be good, just believe. Everyone sins. That's why god sent jesus to die for our sins, right? :cuckoo: So sinning won't send you to hell but not believing will? Makes no sense. Sounds like a cult to me. This is a rule a man starting a cult would make up.

I'm telling you the more I think about it the more I realize what a stupid insane ridiculous idea this god thing is. It is so obviously man made up bullshit it's almost funny if it werent' so sad who stupid you people who believe are.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me".

I do not believe Jesus said the above words, but surely those or a few others given to his attribution (by others) were the reason for his trial for blasphemy - short story: the above is blasphemy if not proven otherwise ergo the sentence was carried out and Jesus died in three hours - a martyr.

Christianity is a fallacy, not by its martyr Jesus but by the embellished fallacies that constitute the Christian Bible.

there is only one commandment - Remission to the OuterWorld of the Everlasting or Perish.

purity would certainly be the minimal goal, the Triumph of Good vs Evil if accomplished before ones death is a means for Remission to be Judged for its true fulfillment.

◄ John 14:6 ►
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

JESUS SAYS==◄ John 8:24 ►
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

?????.....of course they do.......

Lol..........no. You are convinced of something or you are not. It's not a conscious decision. I can't "decide" right now, to believe in something if I don't. I can't just change my mind. I could "say" that I believe. But that would be dishonest to who I am. Based on all the things I know, don't know, believe and don't believe informs my view of reality. If a proposition is made that conflicts with my view of reality, then I can't "believe" it is true until there is some kind of evidence or argument given that corrects that conflict.

I feel sorry for you......since you are incapable of making your own decisions I assume you are living in your parents basement, waiting for the world to decide where you fit in.....

the simple reality is that you aren't describing someone who can't make his own decisions but someone who already has.......

Lol..............I make decisions all the time. Like, I make the decision to continue this conversation. Although, I'm not sure why. When you have to resort to juvenile personal attacks to try to make your point.

The decision discussion was only regarding belief. But..............you knew that..............which is why you had to go with an ad hominem attack.

Kooshdakhaa, you posted the following:
I think Catholics are more intelligent about understanding the Bible. They don't take it literally, because you obviously can't, there are contradictions throughout. So they try to really understand the overall message instead. Seem logical to me.
If “They don’t take it literally . . .” applies to the RC’s you feel that someone does. Who? There are many who take Scripture literally but not completely, making it Ala Carte. I haven’t been able to figure out how any individual or denomination can pick and choose the verses which will allow them to support the lifestyle they desire and ignore everything else.

Another little man wasting your life trying to argue and fight against ALMIGHTY GOD AND GOD'S WORD. What do you use for brains??

Lol..............I make decisions all the time. Like, I make the decision to continue this conversation. Although, I'm not sure why. When you have to resort to juvenile personal attacks to try to make your point.

The decision discussion was only regarding belief. But..............you knew that..............which is why you had to go with an ad hominem attack.
/shrugs....sorry, but if you make a silly comment, expect to be treated like someone who's made a silly comment.....
you've made your decision, don't pretend otherwise.....

◄ John 14:6 ►
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

JESUS SAYS==◄ John 8:24 ►
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

No one comes to the Father except through me ... if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

you are fooled GISMO, those can not be words spoken of Prophecy ... they are the words of treachery and enslavement, dooming to mortality their adherents - as GISMO.

understanding the betrayal of Jesus, not through Judas is the path to Remission.

You and dopes like Gismys are telling people like us basically impossible stories and then telling us if we don't believe your fairy tales we will burn in hell. Get it through your thick fucking skull stupid. Your story is just a way of scaring ignorant people into believing your outlandish stories.

and yet, you guys continue to whine that God won't let you into heaven even though you've made that choice.....and that THAT is the reason he is not worthy of your belief.....if its just an untrue story and you aren't scared, why complain?.....

We complain when you try to make lifestyle choices on our behalf based on those stories....

We complain when you try to make lifestyle choices on our behalf based on those stories....

HEY!!! NO SKIN OFF MY NOSE IF YOU WANT TO CHOSE HELL!!! GO FOR IT!!! But why???

Forum List

Back