Why I Don't Believe

All you can do is believe or not.

and that's all you have to do........if you decide not to, don't expect to be on his Christmas list.....

People don't "decide" to believe in something/someone.

YES!!! ALL PEOPLE MUST DECIDE TO BELIEVE OR REJECT GOD====God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.
Romans 1:18-22

You're comparing apples to oranges. Get an equal comparison, and I'll answer your question.

equal to your standards.....so would that be like, God letting unbelievers go to hell is like Santa Claus putting coal in your stocking?......

Yes, we don't believe either one of those people exist.

well, then we've listed a comparison I believe is equal and one you believe is equal.......all set....

YES!!! ALL PEOPLE MUST DECIDE TO BELIEVE OR REJECT GOD,God gave you CHOICE====God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

21 Yes, they knew about him all right, but they wouldn’t admit it or worship him or even thank him for all his daily care. And after a while they began to think up silly ideas of what God was like and what he wanted them to do. The result was that their foolish minds became dark and confused. 22 Claiming themselves to be wise without God, they became utter fools instead.

Ever feel like you are talking to a wall!? Nothing gets in.
I can't even get past the basic definitions of words with this guy.

Also, I agree with you. If my children, for whatever reason, decided to never speak to me again, I would still want them to be happy and have the best life they can.

You mean you wouldn't douse them with gasoline and throw a match? :D

And do it again and again and again and again... For all eternity. That will show them how much I love them..

I wuv you, Mommy! LOL!

YES!!! ALL PEOPLE MUST DECIDE TO BELIEVE OR REJECT GOD,God gave you CHOICE====God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, evil men who push away the truth from them. 19 For the truth about God is known to them instinctively;God has put this knowledge in their hearts. 20 Since earliest times men have seen the earth and sky and all God made, and have known of his existence and great eternal power. So they will have no excuse when they stand before God at Judgment Day.

Does anybody ever bother to read his/her postings? LOL! I know I don't.

and that's all you have to do........if you decide not to, don't expect to be on his Christmas list.....

?????.....of course they do.......

Lol..........no. You are convinced of something or you are not. It's not a conscious decision. I can't "decide" right now, to believe in something if I don't. I can't just change my mind. I could "say" that I believe. But that would be dishonest to who I am. Based on all the things I know, don't know, believe and don't believe informs my view of reality. If a proposition is made that conflicts with my view of reality, then I can't "believe" it is true until there is some kind of evidence or argument given that corrects that conflict.

I skim them...........It's just the same thing, cut/pasted in all the time.
Very few original thoughts.

Lol..........no. You are convinced of something or you are not. It's not a conscious decision. I can't "decide" right now, to believe in something if I don't. I can't just change my mind. I could "say" that I believe. But that would be dishonest to who I am. Based on all the things I know, don't know, believe and don't believe informs my view of reality. If a proposition is made that conflicts with my view of reality, then I can't "believe" it is true until there is some kind of evidence or argument given that corrects that conflict.

Think some more!!! When you drive your car you have choose to decide and believe you will not crash and be killed. you decide to believe and not believe things all the time!!!

THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY TO GET INTO HELL=REJECT GOD'S LOVE,MERCY,FORGIVNESS your choice and you can't then try to blame GOD for YOUR choice!!

I can commit any atrocity against man but so long as I accept Jesus before I die, I'm forgiven by God. Doesn't sound like he cares about mankind at all, it is only his pride that I should watch out for.

Think some more!!! When you drive your car you have choose to decide and believe you will not crash and be killed. you decide to believe and not believe things all the time!!!

No. When I drive, I don't "believe" that I will not be killed. It is always a possibility. I have chosen to take the "risk" on being in a crash. Based on the "evidence" that I have driven 1000's of times and NOT been in a crash. Everything we do has some degree of risk. That's why there is no such thing as "certainty".

I wish he'd just post links to his scripture and use his own words. If he has any.

I wish he'd just post links to his scripture and use his own words. If he has any.

THE MAIN REASON I POST HERE IS TO POST GOD'S WORD AND TO GIVE INFORMATION,WARNINGS,TRY TO HELP THOSE BLINDED AND LOST not to use my words but GOD'S WORDS!!!and you??

THE MAIN REASON I POST HERE IS TO POST GOD'S WORD AND TO GIVE INFORMATION,WARNINGS,TRY TO HELP THOSE BLINDED AND LOST not to use my words but GOD'S WORDS!!!and you??

Thanks for answering my question but isn't it you who are always telling us to think. You should try it yourself.

Nope........done talking to you.
I asked question after question trying to understand your position. All you did was cut and paste bible passages. Try again when you want to talk like an adult.

If God asks me why I didn't believe I'm going to point to christians like Gismys and god is going to be embarrassed that cock sucker was one of his representatives on earth.

Gismys is probably responsible for more atheist because even if I was open to the idea of god, I would never swallow gismys' style of religion. THat is CLEARLY not real/true.

so, do you think he's going to buy your excuse and say "oh, sorry.....here's a Three Day Pass to Heaven?"......

Do you buy the Mormon story? Then you know EXACTLY how I feel about Christianity. If you don't know the Mormon story, youtube Southpark Dumb Dumb Dumb and watch them explain the actual Mormon faith. You will think it is utterly ridiculous.

This is the odd thing about people. People who believe one religion or the other are completely capable of calling other religions out for being wrong/bullshit but they can't use the same rational thinking on their own religion, probably because they've been brainwashed from birth. Look at how Jews and Muslims aren't afraid of going to hell for not believing Jesus is savior? Oh but you give them a pass because at least they believe another bullshit fairy tale. As long as they believe ANY fairy tale you give them a pass or are all non Christians going to hell?

Anyways, so back to your comment. I am making no excuses. Do you hear what you are saying to me? You and dopes like Gismys are telling people like us basically impossible stories and then telling us if we don't believe your fairy tales we will burn in hell. Get it through your thick fucking skull stupid. Your story is just a way of scaring ignorant people into believing your outlandish stories. There is no god and even if there is, he never talked to anyone on earth and NEVER said that not believing in god would send someone to hell. That's just what fools like you believe. Its what the church tells you to get the $. Greatest bullshit story ever told.

And I can tell by your reply you absolutely believe that if I don't swallow your story that one day god is going to have a talk with me because I didn't listen to "his" word. That's just it dummy! Its not his word. God has never talked to anyone. Not Adam, Noah, Mosus, Boss, Adam Smith, Abraham or Jesus. Those are all just man made stories. God never talked to anyone so where do you get this hell story from? Are you a christian who takes the stories in the bible literally? Wacko. :cuckoo:

One thing that has always irked me about Christianity is it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil ...

It's arbitrary because both groups can be made up of good people that have empathy for their fellow human beings and do their part to make the world a better place. Does Ghandi deserve to burn in Hell? Does Carl Sagan? I could keep going but my point has been made.

- it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil ... Does Ghandi deserve to burn in Hell? Does Carl Sagan?

maybe not everyone will succeed and simply perish, even those two - did they accomplish Admission to the Everlasting before their physiology expired ? it would not seem so by their still searching at their death.

admission is not duality but a complete Triumph of one over the other, good vs evil as judged by those before having accomplished the task already residents of the Everlasting - and from whom our mission was begun. Ruler(s) of the Everlasting.

Do you have to believe in Jesus or will any god do?

What do you mean a complete triumph? I know a lot of people who believe in god but still deal with good vs evil. People who believe in god think belief is their free pass into heaven. They don't have to be good, just believe. Everyone sins. That's why god sent jesus to die for our sins, right? :cuckoo: So sinning won't send you to hell but not believing will? Makes no sense. Sounds like a cult to me. This is a rule a man starting a cult would make up.

I'm telling you the more I think about it the more I realize what a stupid insane ridiculous idea this god thing is. It is so obviously man made up bullshit it's almost funny if it werent' so sad who stupid you people who believe are.

no....atheists are irrational for saying it is foolish to believe something without proof, and then say "there is no god"........

I've never heard an atheist say that they were 100% certain that there is no God. Perhaps one might say it in a colloquial fashion if they were trying to be a dick but no atheist would say that in all seriousness.

bullshit...........there have been plenty of people on this forum who have said God is just a fiction......

Plenty of atheists say things like that all the time because we operate under the logical assumption that God doesn't exist. But if pressed, we would admit that you can't disprove a negative. But it doesn't matter because that's not as powerful a defense as you think it is anyway.

Forum List

Back