Why I Don't Believe

This is the point where he could have eliminated the whole probable. Just don't create "wrong".

yes....create creatures that can only do right.......robots.....that's what I was referring to......creatures that can only do what they have been programmed to do.....

Right.........isn't that what god wants?

no....he wants creatures that choose to believe him....without proof....

One thing that has always irked me about Christianity is it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil. I've never met anyone who was only good or only evil, even Hitler loved his dog. I've certainly met people I've judged to be better or worse than the average but it seems bizarre that God would draw some arbitrary line along the human spectrum and say this side goes to heaven, that side goes to hell.

It is even more bizarre to me that Christianity says that you only have to repent on your death bed and you'll get a pass for a lifetime of evil. You can live your whole life as a good Christian but if you waver for one day and get hit by a bus, you're off to hell.

How is this system just?

what's arbitrary about "refuses to believe I exist" versus "Chooses to believe in me".....

Atheists are irrational for not believing in god?

no....atheists are irrational for saying it is foolish to believe something without proof, and then say "there is no god"........

I've never heard an atheist say that they were 100% certain that there is no God. Perhaps one might say it in a colloquial fashion if they were trying to be a dick but no atheist would say that in all seriousness.

One thing that has always irked me about Christianity is it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil. I've never met anyone who was only good or only evil, even Hitler loved his dog. I've certainly met people I've judged to be better or worse than the average but it seems bizarre that God would draw some arbitrary line along the human spectrum and say this side goes to heaven, that side goes to hell.

It is even more bizarre to me that Christianity says that you only have to repent on your death bed and you'll get a pass for a lifetime of evil. You can live your whole life as a good Christian but if you waver for one day and get hit by a bus, you're off to hell.

How is this system just?

what's arbitrary about "refuses to believe I exist" versus "Chooses to believe in me".....

It's arbitrary because both groups can be made up of good people that have empathy for their fellow human beings and do their part to make the world a better place. Does Ghandi deserve to burn in Hell? Does Carl Sagan? I could keep going but my point has been made.

you lack understanding!!! ALL true believers have accepted AJESUS as their LORD AND SAVIOR their sins,past,present and future are forgiven and paid for by JESUS on that roman cross!!!

Dude. Why must you always talk in an all caps rage or with tons of exclamation points? Why can't you talk like a normal human being and hold a real conversation?

ROFLMAO!!! YOU WASTE A POST,AND THE TIME TO POST THAT SILLY CRYING???? GROW UP!!! silly waste of time!!!

Seriously? Are you for real guy? What do you honestly hope to accomplish by behaving this way? I'm legitimately curious. Do you think that the type of posts you make will compel the people here to come to salvation through Jesus? That's an honest question, I'm genuinely curious to understand your rationale.

It never ceases to amaze me how people make decisions about God without consulting Him on the matter.

Hey, I'm open to anything.

So how is He consulted?

And how do I know if it's Him on the line or just me talking to myself?

TALK TO GOD (PRAY) BELIEVE! READ GOD'S WORD,GOD SPEAKS TO US BELIEVERS THROUGH HIS WORD!!! GOD speaks to our heart=spirit,GOD even speaks in dreams and visions!!!! BUT! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR GOD??? or do you love you pet sins more and fear GOD'S judgment??

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me how people make decisions about God without consulting Him on the matter.

So how is He consulted?

TALK TO GOD (PRAY) BELIEVE! READ GOD'S WORD,GOD SPEAKS TO US BELIEVERS THROUGH HIS WORD!!! GOD speaks to our heart=spirit,GOD even speaks in dreams and visions!!!! BUT! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR GOD??? or do you love you pet sins more and fear GOD'S judgment??

Perhaps it is you that loves your sense of righteous superiority and fear honest questions that make you uncomfortable because you don't have the intellectually honestly or integrity to look in the mirror and give an honest answer.

So how is He consulted?

Perhaps it is you that loves your sense of righteous superiority and fear honest questions that make you uncomfortable because you don't have the intellectually honestly or integrity to look in the mirror and give an honest answer.

LOL!!! I JUST POSTED TO YOU ON HOW TO CONSULT GOD===TALK TO GOD (PRAY) BELIEVE! READ GOD'S WORD,GOD SPEAKS TO US BELIEVERS THROUGH HIS WORD!!! GOD speaks to our heart=spirit,GOD even speaks in dreams and visions!!!! BUT! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR GOD??? or do you love you pet sins more and fear GOD'S judgment?

LOL!!! I JUST POSTED TO YOU ON HOW TO CONSULT GOD===TALK TO GOD (PRAY) BELIEVE! READ GOD'S WORD,GOD SPEAKS TO US BELIEVERS THROUGH HIS WORD!!! GOD speaks to our heart=spirit,GOD even speaks in dreams and visions!!!! BUT! DO YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR GOD??? or do you love you pet sins more and fear GOD'S judgment?

No what you did was evade my question and go after someone else's statement with your usual preachiness. And now you're just copying and pasting the same thing and you still haven't answered my question because you are a coward and you're incapable of having a real and honest conversation. You don't want to talk to people, just at them. You just like to hear yourself talk, or in this case, see yourself talk.

No what you did was evade my question and go after someone else's statement with your usual preachiness. And now you're just copying and pasting the same thing and you still haven't answered my question because you are a coward and you're incapable of having a real and honest conversation. You don't want to talk to people, just at them. You just like to hear yourself talk, or in this case, see yourself talk.

ROFLMAO!!!ASK ""A"" QUESTION=silly tard! why waste time!!

Last edited:
God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son

He didn't actually give his son, it was just short-term loan. Jesus died on the cross but so did many thousands before and after him. Not a pleasant experience I'm sure but it was only a few hours out of his eternal life. Many have suffered far longer on earth and very many are suffering eternity in hell. Jesus is chilling in heaven but it's in hell that he's needed.

YOUR TOTAL IGNORANCE IS SHOWING!!!! THE HOLY SINLESS PERFECT SON OF GOD FROM ALL ETERNITY BECAME A LOWLY MAN ,GAVE UP HIS GLORY AND POWER TO HANG ON A ROMAN cross to pay mankind's sin debt,Jesus took upon Himself all the foul sins of mankind throught all time and became sin in FATHER GOD'S EYES BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR A SINNER LIKE YOU!!!

I appreciate the thought of course but giving up 30 years out of an eternity doesn't seem like a great sacrifice. Who did he pay mankind's sin debt to? Himself. Who determined what and was not sin? Him. Who did he become sin to? Himself.

How is this system just?

SIMPLE!!! ANYONE THAT WOULD REJECT THE A;MIGHTY GOD AFTER WHAT HE DID FOR YOU ON THAT ROMAN CROSS IS PURE EVIL AND ALL EVIL IN ETERNITY WILL BE IN HELL!!! YOUR CHOICE!!!=== God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”
John 3:16-21

You both frustrated me a little here. Gismo most of all and I'll explain why. Alang, your question as to why God would create a system where if you repent on your deathbed you'll go to heaven but if you have doubts or stumble and commit a sin right before you die then you go to hell is a bit of a strawman. That isn't exactly what the majority of Christians believe. Catholics for example believe in Purgatory and it serves as a failsafe in those instances where the faithful die before repenting for a sin they have committed. Other Christians believe that you will simply stand before God and be given a chance to ask for forgiveness and some believe that God knows the true nature of your heart so minor slip ups right before you bite it are overlooked. Now Gismo frustrates me even more for taking that strawman and biting down as hard as he possibly could instead of pointing it out calmly and logically as I just did. Most Christians do not share his belief which is good because his belief that those that do not accept God's existence are pure evil is simply ludicrous for obvious reasons.

Is purgatory mentioned in scripture? I may be wrong but I don't recall it there. If I'm correct, it seems like a Catholic means for getting around what is in scripture.

People can certainly interpret scripture any way they wish but people like Gismo go by the letter of the law and I find that endlessly fascinating. I try and point out the contradictions such an interpretation brings. I entertain myself but I know I'll never get him to stop quoting scripture and think for himself for once. We all have our windmills.

How is this system just?

God has chosen one sin from among the infinite sins man is guilty of. And which one did he choose? Murder? Rape? Child abuse? When stacked up against those others it seems petty and arbitrary to me.

I will be the first to admit that God and I don't share the same moral code. I don't believe in punishing the innocent or rewarding the guilty. But that is just me and I'm not perfect like God is. I'm sure he has his reasons but they certainly are not obvious to me.

WHAT SIN COULD BE WORSE THAN FOR YOU TO REJECT GOD'S LOVE FOR YOU AFTER YOU KNOW WHAT GOD HAS DONE on that Roman cross to pay your sin debt and forgive you of all sin?? SIMPLE!!! ANYONE THAT WOULD REJECT THE A;MIGHTY GOD AFTER WHAT HE DID FOR YOU ON THAT ROMAN CROSS IS PURE EVIL AND ALL EVIL IN ETERNITY WILL BE IN HELL!!! YOUR CHOICE!!!=== God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”

So how is He consulted?

What's with this "us believers" business? We are ALL God's children, even those who don't know what to believe. It is for God to judge, not you.

Think of a parent who has children. If one of their children misbehaves, does it mean they don't love them? No, of course not. They may be displeased, but they still love their child.

Do you think God loves his children any less, even the ones who misbehave?

(I didn't come up with that idea myself, it is from the book "The Shack." Check it out.)

Last edited:
I think all of the religions are trying to explain something we don't know. I see many common threads between the various religions, so I think they are all doing their best to explain something we mortal men don't quite have a handle on. Not in this life, anyway.

The fact that there are these common threads between the religions gives me hope that there is something more than this life here on earth and we have glimpses of it but can't quite pin it down exactly. But we're all somewhat on the same track.

None of what I'm saying precludes God sending his only begotten son to save us, by the way. Doesn't preclude that at all. Doesn't preclude the existence of Buddha, either. They are all compatible. And that's the beauty of it.

SIMPLE!!! ANYONE THAT WOULD REJECT THE A;MIGHTY GOD AFTER WHAT HE DID FOR YOU ON THAT ROMAN CROSS IS PURE EVIL AND ALL EVIL IN ETERNITY WILL BE IN HELL!!! YOUR CHOICE!!!=== God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

You both frustrated me a little here. Gismo most of all and I'll explain why. Alang, your question as to why God would create a system where if you repent on your deathbed you'll go to heaven but if you have doubts or stumble and commit a sin right before you die then you go to hell is a bit of a strawman. That isn't exactly what the majority of Christians believe. Catholics for example believe in Purgatory and it serves as a failsafe in those instances where the faithful die before repenting for a sin they have committed. Other Christians believe that you will simply stand before God and be given a chance to ask for forgiveness and some believe that God knows the true nature of your heart so minor slip ups right before you bite it are overlooked. Now Gismo frustrates me even more for taking that strawman and biting down as hard as he possibly could instead of pointing it out calmly and logically as I just did. Most Christians do not share his belief which is good because his belief that those that do not accept God's existence are pure evil is simply ludicrous for obvious reasons.

Is purgatory mentioned in scripture? I may be wrong but I don't recall it there. If I'm correct, it seems like a Catholic means for getting around what is in scripture.

People can certainly interpret scripture any way they wish but people like Gismo go by the letter of the law and I find that endlessly fascinating. I try and point out the contradictions such an interpretation brings. I entertain myself but I know I'll never get him to stop quoting scripture and think for himself for once. We all have our windmills.

No, purgatory is not mentiond in the scripture. But read this Is Purgatory in the Bible? | Catholic Answers

I think Catholics are more intelligent about understanding the Bible. They don't take it literally, because you obviously can't, there are contradictions throughout. So they try to really understand the overall message instead. Seem logical to me.

Atheists are irrational for not believing in god?

no....atheists are irrational for saying it is foolish to believe something without proof, and then say "there is no god"........

I've never heard an atheist say that they were 100% certain that there is no God. Perhaps one might say it in a colloquial fashion if they were trying to be a dick but no atheist would say that in all seriousness.

bullshit...........there have been plenty of people on this forum who have said God is just a fiction......

Forum List

Back