Why I Don't Believe

of course they are two different things.....from the link....
An atheist, on the one hand, believes that there is no God.

and...
An agnostic is someone who believes human beings simply cannot know anything metaphysical or beyond the physical realm

you cannot simultaneously believe both things.....
Why not?

because you cannot both believe there is no God and believe you cannot know if there is a God.....unless of course you are irrational, which is what I believe all atheists to be, any way.....

Because agnostic and atheism are two different things. You need to read the definitions. The fact that you see them as two sides of the same coin, is not my problem.
A person can be a gnostic atheist or an agnostic atheist. Same goes for theists.

Please read: Is there a difference between atheists and agnostics? | Catholic Answers

and...
An agnostic is someone who believes human beings simply cannot know anything metaphysical or beyond the physical realm

it is incredibly stupid to speak of an agnostic atheist......one might as well talk about irrational rationalists.....you can only be one if you think you aren't the other.....

I will be honest...........I am throwing in the towel on this one!

If you can't understand the basic concept in the difference between "belief" and "knowledge", there is nothing I can say to help you.

the problem is you can't tell the difference between "isn't" and "don't know".....they are incompatible......

and...

Why not?

because you cannot both believe there is no God and believe you cannot know if there is a God.....unless of course you are irrational, which is what I believe all atheists to be, any way.....

They are separate philosophies:

There is no God - Theism

Nothing can be shown as to whether or not God exists - Metaphysics

The two are not mutually exclusive.

Regards from Rosie

No. Eliminate the one causing the problem..........like I said.
Not punish all for a few's misdeeds.

???...were you under the impression there are some without misdeeds?......

First, we would need to establish what YOU mean by misdeed?
Has everyone done something they shouldn't?.............yes
Has everyone participated in a mass murder?.............no
no we don't.....the issue is believe......yes
believe.................no

that is the only misdeed Christianity hinges on......beyond that, everything that everyone does is treated equally......

and...

it is incredibly stupid to speak of an agnostic atheist......one might as well talk about irrational rationalists.....you can only be one if you think you aren't the other.....

If you can't understand the basic concept in the difference between "belief" and "knowledge", there is nothing I can say to help you.

the problem is you can't tell the difference between "isn't" and "don't know".....they are incompatible......
No, they're really not. One can say one does not KNOW for sure due to lack of evidence, but one can then BELIEVE that X ISN'T true due to lack of reason to believe it is.

It appears that many do go along with "Pre destination". If God knows the election does not exist.

and...

Atheism is not the position that there "ISN'T" a god. That's the part you can't get past.
Saying I don't believe X is not equal to X does not exist.

Atheists are irrational for not believing in god?
Would a person be irrational for not believing there are unicorns?

This is the point where he could have eliminated the whole probable. Just don't create "wrong".

yes....create creatures that can only do right.......robots.....that's what I was referring to......creatures that can only do what they have been programmed to do.....

Right.........isn't that what god wants? Everybody to just believe in him? You can do what ever you want as long as you believe. Robot = christian. Read the bible, do as I say, or else you will go to hell.

Doesn't make much of a moral system.

Maybe I need to dumb this down for you:

God defined as supernatural being.

I don't believe there are any gods..............i.e. I have not been convinced that any exist. There may very well be gods that exist. Once I see evidence that one exists, I will believe that gods exist. Once I have a personal interaction with a god, I will know at least THAT god exists.

You can plug anything in for god in that statement, and it doesn't change the validity of it.

Last edited:
According to Revelations (3:14-16), agnostics are more of an abomination than atheists.

At least atheists have faith (that's right folks, a claim there is NO God is just as faith-based as a claim there IS a God).

Agnostics are completely devoid of faith and sit on the fence of logic, demanding incontrovertible proof and rejecting what is provided.

An atheist does NOT claim there is no god.

your denials are getting boring.......why do you pretend atheists are something other than what they are.....if you want to be an agnostic, just call yourself an agnostic.....

It's not a denial. It's the definition of the term atheism.... It is a simple lack of belief. I can't say for certain if the kracken exists but if someone told me they saw one I probably wouldn't believe them unless they had the evidence to back it up.

One thing that has always irked me about Christianity is it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil. I've never met anyone who was only good or only evil, even Hitler loved his dog. I've certainly met people I've judged to be better or worse than the average but it seems bizarre that God would draw some arbitrary line along the human spectrum and say this side goes to heaven, that side goes to hell.

It is even more bizarre to me that Christianity says that you only have to repent on your death bed and you'll get a pass for a lifetime of evil. You can live your whole life as a good Christian but if you waver for one day and get hit by a bus, you're off to hell.

How is this system just?

One thing that has always irked me about Christianity is it's binary nature. It's all about good vs. evil. I've never met anyone who was only good or only evil, even Hitler loved his dog. I've certainly met people I've judged to be better or worse than the average but it seems bizarre that God would draw some arbitrary line along the human spectrum and say this side goes to heaven, that side goes to hell.

It is even more bizarre to me that Christianity says that you only have to repent on your death bed and you'll get a pass for a lifetime of evil. You can live your whole life as a good Christian but if you waver for one day and get hit by a bus, you're off to hell.

How is this system just?

SIMPLE!!! ANYONE THAT WOULD REJECT THE A;MIGHTY GOD AFTER WHAT HE DID FOR YOU ON THAT ROMAN CROSS IS PURE EVIL AND ALL EVIL IN ETERNITY WILL BE IN HELL!!! YOUR CHOICE!!!=== God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”
John 3:16-21

God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son

He didn't actually give his son, it was just short-term loan. Jesus died on the cross but so did many thousands before and after him. Not a pleasant experience I'm sure but it was only a few hours out of his eternal life. Many have suffered far longer on earth and very many are suffering eternity in hell. Jesus is chilling in heaven but it's in hell that he's needed.

God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son

He didn't actually give his son, it was just short-term loan. Jesus died on the cross but so did many thousands before and after him. Not a pleasant experience I'm sure but it was only a few hours out of his eternal life. Many have suffered far longer on earth and very many are suffering eternity in hell. Jesus is chilling in heaven but it's in hell that he's needed.

YOUR TOTAL IGNORANCE IS SHOWING!!!! THE HOLY SINLESS PERFECT SON OF GOD FROM ALL ETERNITY BECAME A LOWLY MAN ,GAVE UP HIS GLORY AND POWER TO HANG ON A ROMAN cross to pay mankind's sin debt,Jesus took upon Himself all the foul sins of mankind throught all time and became sin in FATHER GOD'S EYES BECAUSE OF HIS LOVE FOR A SINNER LIKE YOU!!!

How is this system just?

SIMPLE!!! ANYONE THAT WOULD REJECT THE A;MIGHTY GOD AFTER WHAT HE DID FOR YOU ON THAT ROMAN CROSS IS PURE EVIL AND ALL EVIL IN ETERNITY WILL BE IN HELL!!! YOUR CHOICE!!!=== God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 God did not send his Son into the world to condemn it, but to save it.

18 “There is no eternal doom awaiting those who trust him to save them. But those who don’t trust him have already been tried and condemned for not believing in the only Son of God. 19 Their sentence is based on this fact: that the Light from heaven came into the world, but they loved the darkness more than the Light, for their deeds were evil. 20 They hated the heavenly Light because they wanted to sin in the darkness. They stayed away from that Light for fear their sins would be exposed and they would be punished. 21 But those doing right come gladly to the Light to let everyone see that they are doing what God wants them to.”

You both frustrated me a little here. Gismo most of all and I'll explain why. Alang, your question as to why God would create a system where if you repent on your deathbed you'll go to heaven but if you have doubts or stumble and commit a sin right before you die then you go to hell is a bit of a strawman. That isn't exactly what the majority of Christians believe. Catholics for example believe in Purgatory and it serves as a failsafe in those instances where the faithful die before repenting for a sin they have committed. Other Christians believe that you will simply stand before God and be given a chance to ask for forgiveness and some believe that God knows the true nature of your heart so minor slip ups right before you bite it are overlooked. Now Gismo frustrates me even more for taking that strawman and biting down as hard as he possibly could instead of pointing it out calmly and logically as I just did. Most Christians do not share his belief which is good because his belief that those that do not accept God's existence are pure evil is simply ludicrous for obvious reasons.

How is this system just?

You both frustrated me a little here. Gismo most of all and I'll explain why. Alang, your question as to why God would create a system where if you repent on your deathbed you'll go to heaven but if you have doubts or stumble and commit a sin right before you die then you go to hell is a bit of a strawman. That isn't exactly what the majority of Christians believe. Catholics for example believe in Purgatory and it serves as a failsafe in those instances where the faithful die before repenting for a sin they have committed. Other Christians believe that you will simply stand before God and be given a chance to ask for forgiveness and some believe that God knows the true nature of your heart so minor slip ups right before you bite it are overlooked. Now Gismo frustrates me even more for taking that strawman and biting down as hard as he possibly could instead of pointing it out calmly and logically as I just did. Most Christians do not share his belief which is good because his belief that those that do not accept God's existence are pure evil is simply ludicrous for obvious reasons.

you lack understanding!!! ALL true believers have accepted AJESUS as their LORD AND SAVIOR their sins,past,present and future are forgiven and paid for by JESUS on that roman cross!!!

No, they're really not. One can say one does not KNOW for sure due to lack of evidence, but one can then BELIEVE that X ISN'T true due to lack of reason to believe it is.

of course they are.....if you don't know and admit it, its pretty stupid to say "isn't"......

you lack understanding!!! ALL true believers have accepted AJESUS as their LORD AND SAVIOR their sins,past,present and future are forgiven and paid for by JESUS on that roman cross!!!

Dude. Why must you always talk in an all caps rage or with tons of exclamation points? Why can't you talk like a normal human being and hold a real conversation?

Atheism is not the position that there "ISN'T" a god. That's the part you can't get past.
why would I try to get past it.....it isn't true......atheism IS the position that says there is no God.......its pretty stupid to pretend it isn't.......

Dude. Why must you always talk in an all caps rage or with tons of exclamation points? Why can't you talk like a normal human being and hold a real conversation?

ROFLMAO!!! YOU WASTE A POST,AND THE TIME TO POST THAT SILLY CRYING???? GROW UP!!! silly waste of time!!!

Forum List

Back