Why I Don't Believe

You and dopes like Gismys are telling people like us basically impossible stories and then telling us if we don't believe your fairy tales we will burn in hell. Get it through your thick fucking skull stupid. Your story is just a way of scaring ignorant people into believing your outlandish stories.

and yet, you guys continue to whine that God won't let you into heaven even though you've made that choice.....and that THAT is the reason he is not worthy of your belief.....if its just an untrue story and you aren't scared, why complain?.....

We complain when you try to make lifestyle choices on our behalf based on those stories....

???....what lifestyle choice have I ever made on your behalf?......

I feel sorry for you......since you are incapable of making your own decisions I assume you are living in your parents basement, waiting for the world to decide where you fit in.....

the simple reality is that you aren't describing someone who can't make his own decisions but someone who already has.......

Lol..............I make decisions all the time. Like, I make the decision to continue this conversation. Although, I'm not sure why. When you have to resort to juvenile personal attacks to try to make your point.

The decision discussion was only regarding belief. But..............you knew that..............which is why you had to go with an ad hominem attack.
/shrugs....sorry, but if you make a silly comment, expect to be treated like someone who's made a silly comment.....
you've made your decision, don't pretend otherwise.....

If you could actually address why it is "silly", instead of resorting to personal attacks, I would consider this a serious conversation. But when your only rebuttal to my statement that "people don't DECIDE what they believe" is "of course they do", it becomes obvious you don't actually care about having a discussion about what we believe and how we can find out if what we believe is true. You just want to argue about the words that we use and how we use them. You obviously have no basis to defend what you believe, you just believe it because you want to. And that's fine. Alot of people do that. Others of us would like to know what is actually true.

I hope you enjoyed your Sunday at church.

You and dopes like Gismys are telling people like us basically impossible stories and then telling us if we don't believe your fairy tales we will burn in hell. Get it through your thick fucking skull stupid. Your story is just a way of scaring ignorant people into believing your outlandish stories.

and yet, you guys continue to whine that God won't let you into heaven even though you've made that choice.....and that THAT is the reason he is not worthy of your belief.....if its just an untrue story and you aren't scared, why complain?.....

We complain when you try to make lifestyle choices on our behalf based on those stories....

You hit it on the nose!!
I don't actually care what people believe. I only care when it starts to affect any policy/law decisions that applies to us all.

Lol..............I make decisions all the time. Like, I make the decision to continue this conversation. Although, I'm not sure why. When you have to resort to juvenile personal attacks to try to make your point.

The decision discussion was only regarding belief. But..............you knew that..............which is why you had to go with an ad hominem attack.
/shrugs....sorry, but if you make a silly comment, expect to be treated like someone who's made a silly comment.....

If you could actually address why it is "silly", instead of resorting to personal attacks, I would consider this a serious conversation. But when your only rebuttal to my statement that "people don't DECIDE what they believe" is "of course they do", it becomes obvious you don't actually care about having a discussion about what we believe and how we can find out if what we believe is true. You just want to argue about the words that we use and how we use them. You obviously have no basis to defend what you believe, you just believe it because you want to. And that's fine. Alot of people do that. Others of us would like to know what is actually true.

I don't need a basis.......if I see someone standing next to a STOP sign holding a sign that says "This is not a STOP sign" I don't need to establish a basis before I point and say "Oh, look!....something stupid!".....everyone that looks where I point will immediately know what I am referring to.......

likewise, everyone (and I expect that is all inclusive) that knows someone who holds a different belief than that of the parents she was raised by, is aware that everyone is free to make their own choices about what they believe in.......saying they don't is inherently stupid.....sorry.......

I don't need a basis.......if I see someone standing next to a STOP sign holding a sign that says "This is not a STOP sign" I don't need to establish a basis before I point and say "Oh, look!....something stupid!".....everyone that looks where I point will immediately know what I am referring to.......

likewise, everyone (and I expect that is all inclusive) that knows someone who holds a different belief than that of the parents she was raised by, is aware that everyone is free to make their own choices about what they believe in.......saying they don't is inherently stupid.....sorry.......

You missed the point entirely.
I never mentioned not having a choice. The discussion was about "deciding" in what to believe in. My parents are believers and I am not. So, I agree everyone is free to believe what makes sense to them. How you turned what I said, into the idea that we aren't free to believe in what makes sense to us, is baffling to me.
If when I said "we don't decide what we believe", you understood that as "we don't get the choice to believe what makes sense to us". I'm sorry you read it that way. That is not at all what I am saying.
The idea that we "decide" what to believe, as if we just look at these two things.......A and B...........and say "I don't think I like A, I am going to believe in B". That is my whole point. To say that we decide what we believe, insinuates that we can just "decide" to believe the opposite for an arbitrary reason. What a person believes, for any proposition, is a process of weighing information, comparing it to what they already understand, and giving it a likelihood of being true or not true. Not an absolute!
Like I've said before, theism and atheism is not placing a stake in the ground and saying this "is" or "isn't" true.

There's a difference. You cannot decide to believe something that doesn't make sense to you or that you don't find convincing. Some people believe in Bigfoot. I assume you don't. Can you just decide to believe, or would you have to be convinced?

Rational1916:
The post was not directed to you. It was directed to those who claim to take the Bible Literally and then disregard the sections which is against the life they desire.

I never mentioned not having a choice. The discussion was about "deciding" in what to believe in. My parents are believers and I am not. So, I agree everyone is free to believe what makes sense to them. How you turned what I said, into the idea that we aren't free to believe in what makes sense to us, is baffling to me.
If when I said "we don't decide what we believe", you understood that as "we don't get the choice to believe what makes sense to us". I'm sorry you read it that way. That is not at all what I am saying.
The idea that we "decide" what to believe, as if we just look at these two things.......A and B...........and say "I don't think I like A, I am going to believe in B". That is my whole point. To say that we decide what we believe, insinuates that we can just "decide" to believe the opposite for an arbitrary reason. What a person believes, for any proposition, is a process of weighing information, comparing it to what they already understand, and giving it a likelihood of being true or not true. Not an absolute!
Like I've said before, theism and atheism is not placing a stake in the ground and saying this "is" or "isn't" true.

it is silly to think there is a distinction between choosing what to believe and deciding what to believe.....if you wish to play word games, either with "decide" or "atheism" you should restrict your posting to a Word Games forum......

There's a difference. You cannot decide to believe something that doesn't make sense to you or that you don't find convincing.
obviously, then it would be your choice not to believe in it.....

Last edited:

There's a difference. You cannot decide to believe something that doesn't make sense to you or that you don't find convincing.
obviously, then it would be your choice not to believe in in.....
No. It's not a choice. You cannot choose to believe something if you don't find the evidence convincing. Let's test:

Choose to believe in Bigfoot. Prove to us that that choice is possible. You can always choose later to not believe if your claim that belief is a choice is true

No. It's not a choice. You cannot choose to believe something if you don't find the evidence convincing. Let's test:

Choose to believe in Bigfoot. Prove to us that that choice is possible. You can always choose later to not believe if your claim that belief is a choice is true

but not believing in Bigfoot already IS the choice.....

Definition of decide (v)
Bing Dictionary
de·cide[ di sī́d ]
choose: to make a choice or come to a conclusion about something

deciding and choosing are synonymous....

if you don't find the evidence convincing

the decision you make regarding the evidence is the choosing....

Last edited:

but not believing in Bigfoot already IS the choice.....[/QUOT

Only if both choices are possible. If you cannot decide to just believe in Bigfoot, then not believing isn't actually a choice.

I didn't choose not to believe in Bigfoot...none of the evidence is convincing. I cannot believe in Bigfoot. Without credible evidence and strong argument, it doesn't make sense. I can't choose to believe.

But go ahead...decide to believe if you think that it's a free choice.

Last edited:
.none of the evidence is convincing.

that is what you are deciding.....whether the evidence convinces you.....you decided, or chose that it did not.....its obvious.....

No, I can't choose or decide the evidence is convincing.

I note you are sidestepping the challenge.

Can you decide to accept the evidence and believe Bigfoot exists? Do it, if you think such voices are possible

it is silly to think there is a distinction between choosing what to believe and deciding what to believe.....if you wish to play word games, either with "decide" or "atheism" you should restrict your posting to a Word Games forum......

Well, then that is the fundamental difference in our views. You believe or don't believe based on what you like and hope to be true.
I believe or don't believe based on what is demonstrable and reasonable.

.none of the evidence is convincing.

that is what you are deciding.....whether the evidence convinces you.....you decided, or chose that it did not.....its obvious.....

Can you decide to accept the evidence and believe Bigfoot exists? Do it, if you think such voices are possible

you chose to decide the evidence was NOT convincing.....you are sidestepping the obvious.....

I also chose to decide it was not, but you are well aware there are people who have chosen to believe it is........

Well, then that is the fundamental difference in our views. You believe or don't believe based on what you like and hope to be true.
I believe or don't believe based on what is demonstrable and reasonable.
it is your choice to believe in what you believe in, including the basis for my beliefs......I choose as I choose, with no regard for your assumptions about my basis.....

you chose to decide the evidence was NOT convincing.....you are sidestepping the obvious.....
No, I did not decide. It was not an equal choice. By the standards of evidence I would accept...which apply to everything, and not on a case by case basis...the evidence did not meet the standard. I could not choose to ignore that.

I also chose to decide it was not, but you are well aware there are people who have chosen to believe it is........
If it's a free choice, you should then be able to decide now that it is convincing. That's what you're asking of atheists...that they accept as true something they already decided was not convincing. So how can one change that choice as you're claiming is possible, without new or better evidence? Again, if you think it's so easy to just change such a decision, prove it, and change your belief in something without further convincing or better evidence.

Who the FUCK is complaining that god won't let us into heaven? Do you see how delusional these theists are everyone? They hear and believe whatever the fuck they want to hear and believe. We're here trying to explain to this fool that god(s) don't really exist and there is no heaven and hell and this retard thinks we're complaining that we're not in the club.

I've read what other people have wrote. How can you or a god(s) ask us or expect us to believe your wild stories?

And if I tell you the Muslim story and say if you don't believe you'll go to hell, will you believe? How about the Jehova or Mormon stories or Greek God stories or any of the other religions? You'll know exactly why their stories are unbelievable and silly, but you can't do the same for your own religion. Adam and Eve, talking to snakes, living 800 years, parting water, the noah story, virgin birth, rose from the dead, performed miracles.

And we either have to believe you and that cock sucker Gismys or go to hell? :badgrin::cuckoo::eusa_liar::eusa_hand::eusa_pray::D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back